FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Best type of profile? What do couples/fems look for?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know its no t hard and fasr rule but can i get feed back from Genuine femaies and couple as to what they would prefer to see on a Guys profile.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oe the greekMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Requesting someone as a friend without getting to know them is rude in my book and bad manners, get to know them 1st is my advice, adding someone as a friend without messaging etc is likely to get you blocked.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I know its no t hard and fasr rule but can i get feed back from Genuine femaies and couple as to what they would prefer to see on a Guys profile."

The truth.

over a year ago

"Requesting someone as a friend without getting to know them is rude in my book and bad manners, get to know them 1st is my advice, adding someone as a friend without messaging etc is likely to get you blocked."

Yup.

It's hard to say what I do like but I know what I hate - "I'll fill this in later," profiles that are shorter than the stupid, pointless warning and ones that give NOTHING away about the person - "here looking for fun" kind of thing. Also anything that is full of whinging - about how rude people are etc And anything that's a list of demands (they tend to be couples' and single women's profiles not male but either way they're horrible). Oh and text speak....arg.

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

I look for people who are into the same things as I/we are. I look for pictures and verifications. I look for a short text as I get bored easily and I look how far the person is away.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I know its no t hard and fasr rule but can i get feed back from Genuine femaies and couple as to what they would prefer to see on a Guys profile.

The truth."

This! So this!!

In other words, say who you are, what you're looking for, what's better about you than the other people out there, and be honest! If you can only meet at 3.30pm every second Tuesday after a damp full moon then say so!

Some nice pics and you're away!

over a year ago

"Requesting someone as a friend without getting to know them is rude in my book and bad manners, get to know them 1st is my advice, adding someone as a friend without messaging etc is likely to get you blocked.

Yup.

It's hard to say what I do like but I know what I hate - "I'll fill this in later," profiles that are shorter than the stupid, pointless warning and ones that give NOTHING away about the person - "here looking for fun" kind of thing. Also anything that is full of whinging - about how rude people are etc And anything that's a list of demands (they tend to be couples' and single women's profiles not male but either way they're horrible). Oh and text speak....arg. "

Totally agree with all of the above.

We like to see humour, especially when someone says they are looking to have a laugh as well as fun.

over a year ago

"Requesting someone as a friend without getting to know them is rude in my book and bad manners, get to know them 1st is my advice, adding someone as a friend without messaging etc is likely to get you blocked.

Yup.

It's hard to say what I do like but I know what I hate - "I'll fill this in later," profiles that are shorter than the stupid, pointless warning and ones that give NOTHING away about the person - "here looking for fun" kind of thing. Also anything that is full of whinging - about how rude people are etc And anything that's a list of demands (they tend to be couples' and single women's profiles not male but either way they're horrible). Oh and text speak....arg. "

I know what you mean. some couples think their are sex gods and list their demands. then don't even bother replying even if its a no thanks.

usually there not as attractive as they think they are.

By *oe the greekMan
over a year ago

Swindon

My main attraction when looking at someones profile is do they look fun? Do they make me laugh? That's the main thing I'm looking for I'm not after stuck up people who think they are better than you, what's the attraction there?

over a year ago

Don't care TBH, most are full of lies anyway

over a year ago

To be fair a couple or anybody can have as many demands as they want it's there choice to have whatever they want on there profile

And you may not realise just how many messages some people get a day and if our messages received are like most others then over 90% of them have not bothered to read the profile ,so we think that if they cannot be bothered to read our profile why should we be bothered to reply

And don't get me started with the abuse you can get back if you do send a thanks but no thanks message

over a year ago

That was to nice.single.guy btw I'm a v slow typist lol

"To be fair a couple or anybody can have as many demands as they want it's there choice to have whatever they want on there profile

And you may not realise just how many messages some people get a day and if our messages received are like most others then over 90% of them have not bothered to read the profile ,so we think that if they cannot be bothered to read our profile why should we be bothered to reply

And don't get me started with the abuse you can get back if you do send a thanks but no thanks message"

By *carletRomanceCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"And don't get me started with the abuse you can get back if you do send a thanks but no thanks message"

It really upsets Kitty when that happens. And it happens all too often.

over a year ago

"That was to nice.single.guy btw I'm a v slow typist lol

To be fair a couple or anybody can have as many demands as they want it's there choice to have whatever they want on there profile

And don't get me started with the abuse you can get back if you do send a thanks but no thanks message "

yeah but you can adjust your settings so you don't get 100s of messages. in my opinion if a profile has caught your eye and you take the time to write a nice message with pics attached and they just delete it or worse delete and block. then that's just rude. don't care if irs on a swingers site or in everyday life..its rude and iggnorant.

no wonder people just wink. rather than wasting their time with a long message. ie not a one liner.

over a year ago

And don't get me started with the abuse you can get back if you do send a thanks but no thanks message

yeah but you can adjust your settings so you don't get 100s of messages. in my opinion if a profile has caught your eye and you take the time to write a nice message with pics attached and they just delete it or worse delete and block. then that's just rude. don't care if irs on a swingers site or in everyday life..its rude and iggnorant.

no wonder people just wink. rather than wasting their time with a long message. ie not a one liner."

How does not talking to a stranger make someone rude expecting people to reply is rude though nobody should expect anything from anyone.

By *oe the greekMan
over a year ago

Swindon

My take on this and it works well for me if I send a message out and it gets deleted I move on, I don't think it's rude it's them telling me they are not interested so why waste my time worrying about it

over a year ago

"My take on this and it works well for me if I send a message out and it gets deleted I move on, I don't think it's rude it's them telling me they are not interested so why waste my time worrying about it "

Buy that man a drink

over a year ago

if you introduce yourself to someone then are you still a stranger?

at the end of the day. this is my opinion. if you speak to someone in the street and they ignore you then that's rude. same here.

my opinion, nobody has to agree.

over a year ago

And don't get me started with the abuse you can get back if you do send a thanks but no thanks message "

I'd agree that couples and more especially women can't reply to every message they get as looking at the basics I usually get around six or seven messages in an average day if I'm not online for long (not counting conversational ping-pong ones as I'm a gobshite, so couldn't tell how many lol). There's around 10 single guys to each couple so I think they'd probably get around 60 to 70 a day. And around 20 guys to each woman, meaning the average woman will probably recieve around 120-140 a day. A bloody thousand a week in other words! Can anyone expect them to reply to every one of that lot?

As for profiles being one long list of demands I can understand why this might be so as idiots don't get the message and need to be told, but being honest its something that would put me off a little as idiots probably won't even read the demands anyway, they'll just scroll down to the pics and start wanking away or send a message along the almost Shakespearean lines of;- "Beutiful Lady. I want you to be sucking my bone". (spelling mistake intended)

Most of the demands can be spelled out in the preferences section anyway. To flip this scenario one example being that as a straight man, I have no wish to be rogered by a gay bloke, so I've not selected men in the preferences section, and it clearly says I'm straight. I don't feel the need to write, "No gay men, I REPEAT FOR THE IDIOTS - NO GAY MEN" on my profile, as the thick ones wouldn't read it anyway, and I'd come across as sounding like a bigot.

I can understand stating your preferences for build, race etc though as there's no auto-preferences for these categories....

By *oe the greekMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"if you introduce yourself to someone then are you still a stranger?

at the end of the day. this is my opinion. if you speak to someone in the street and they ignore you then that's rude. same here.

my opinion, nobody has to agree."

We are all strangers on here until we get to know that person properly and a few mesages doesn't warrant this. I even find and get nervous on a first meet as I am meeting this stranger for the 1st time, yes we may have talked for weeks via email, msn and phone but a face to face meeting is different.

over a year ago

my opinion, nobody has to agree."

Thought you were laid back? why would a laid back person even worry about a stranger not replying to a message, never mind calling them rude, yet EXPECT a reply which in itself is rude

over a year ago

a filled in profile is a good start

some photos that tempt you like ass shots and torso and maybe a face pic

nothing negative on there like for example " why arent i getting meets"

random friend requests

over a year ago

my opinion, nobody has to agree.

Thought you were laid back? why would a laid back person even worry about a stranger not replying to a message, never mind calling them rude, yet EXPECT a reply which in itself is rude "

hey we obviously disagree so lets leave it there. like I said its my opinion. you have yours, I have mine.

Post new Message to Thread