Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Seeking hotel meet advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi to anyone that might read this. Thanks to this brilliant site I have my first hotel meet coming up. I'm mainly wanting to know what to do when I get there. Can I just waltz right in and up to the person's room? Do I need to sign in as a guest? I'm just wondering how it works as I'm a total rookie! Also any general advice and any etiquette/unwritten rules I should be aware of would be very much appreciated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just walk right in if its a big hotel, many dont question anyone walking straight through, remember there are hundreds of people staying there so they rarely know everyone. If you are nervous,worried, ask your meet to meet you in the bar or lobby

By *orksfuncoupleCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

Have you met them before? if not meet in bar, you don't want to be knocking on a strangers hotel door to find out you've been catfished lol

over a year ago

Ah good thinking. See, this is why I turned to the experts. Thanks so much for your help.

over a year ago

Cool, that's what I was hoping it was going to be like. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Have you met them before? if not meet in bar, you don't want to be knocking on a strangers hotel door to find out you've been catfished lol"

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Cool, that's what I was hoping it was going to be like. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!"

You should come meet me and I'll show you how it works

By *our midnight manMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"Cool, that's what I was hoping it was going to be like. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!

You should come meet me and I'll show you how it works "

Yes indeed, can u show me too? Lol

over a year ago

Aha, let me know if you're ever staying in Manchester.

By *our midnight manMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I wouldn't be asking at reception anyway, thats for sure. Get her room number and go direct or best to follow the other advice and meet in the bar.

Whats she doing paying for the room anyway? Should you not be doing that or at least going half?

over a year ago

"I wouldn't be asking at reception anyway, thats for sure. Get her room number and go direct or best to follow the other advice and meet in the bar.

Whats she doing paying for the room anyway? Should you not be doing that or at least going half? "

Nah she's already at the hotel, has been for a few days.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I wouldn't be asking at reception anyway, thats for sure. Get her room number and go direct or best to follow the other advice and meet in the bar.

Whats she doing paying for the room anyway? Should you not be doing that or at least going half?

Nah she's already at the hotel, has been for a few days."

A lot of hotels need a keycard for the lift anyway. So meeting in the bar is the easiest bet.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Aha, let me know if you're ever staying in Manchester."

If that was in reply to me, I do go there

over a year ago

Ive had a couple of hotel meets, I always get them to meet me outside. Much safer and less nerve wracking than walking in alone x

over a year ago

"Ive had a couple of hotel meets, I always get them to meet me outside. Much safer and less nerve wracking than walking in alone x"

Definitely meet outside..that's what I'm going to do when I go for my first hotel meet..excited

over a year ago

The first meet I had was a couple at a hotel and arranged to meet directly in their room. I've never been catfished, but I was so nervous I got the room number wrong (Dyslexia and nerves don't go together!). Nobody answered and I double checked the room and went to the right one.

It's good if you can meet at the bar I've found.

over a year ago

Yep I agree with meet at the bar, it gives u both chance to say hi and make sure you still want to go ahead.

Also as Ligeia said, some hotels (especially premier Inn) you need a key card to go up to the accommodation corridors.

Otherwise normal meet etiquette applies.

Oh and as a nice touch, if it hasn't already been discussed, offer to contribute to the hotel room, it's nice manners.

Have fun x

over a year ago

"Yep I agree with meet at the bar, it gives u both chance to say hi and make sure you still want to go ahead.

Also as Ligeia said, some hotels (especially premier Inn) you need a key card to go up to the accommodation corridors.

Otherwise normal meet etiquette applies.

Oh and as a nice touch, if it hasn't already been discussed, offer to contribute to the hotel room, it's nice manners.

Have fun x"

Also travelodge has keycard entry to the room corridors

over a year ago

Shuffle in wearing a flasher mac, hat pulled low over eyes covered by dark glasses.. keeping close to the wall whilst trying not to draw attention to yourself ... and try and get to the lift without being apprehended by security

over a year ago

"Aha, let me know if you're ever staying in Manchester.

If that was in reply to me, I do go there "

Yeah that was in reply to you. Send me a sweet message next time you're up here.

over a year ago

Thank you so much people, I'd forgotten about key cards for the lifts. The bar sounds like the best bet. I'm always comfortable around alcohol.

Post new Message to Thread