FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Not a look at me thread but can you look at me :-)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Recently I've been attracting the men that I really don't want & being relatively new, I wondered if my profile gives the wrong impression?

This is the second re-write as my first was deemed too negative as I listed what I wasn't looking for.

Any advice welcome but please be constructive

Thanks & have a Fab BH Monday

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do your own searching

By *lice_in_BlunderlandWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Looks fine to me.

You've said your likes and dislikes

Although you're assuming people actually read profiles ... Mine is short and sweet because the majority of mail I got obviously didn't

Good luck!

over a year ago

"Do your own searching "

Oh I do, I have a saved search & have met a couple of nice guys but it just doesn't click for whatever reason.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I offer the same advice to all genders and demographics on here, after all we're all trying to inform and attract others.

There are countless threads offering generic profile advice in the archives..

If your profile is attracting the wrong guys .. 1) see above. ... 2) Try being proactive and seek those who appeal to you,

over a year ago

"Looks fine to me.

Although you're assuming people actually read profiles ... Mine is short and sweet because the majority of mail I got obviously didn't

Good luck! "

This was the problem I had before, it was evident my profile wasn't being read & I was told it was too much about what I didn't want that people didn't read it lol!

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

"Looks fine to me.

Good luck!

This was the problem I had before, it was evident my profile wasn't being read & I was told it was too much about what I didn't want that people didn't read it lol!

"

It's rare I read profiles who ask for advice as they're normally very similar..

I read yours so my critique.. I found nothing in there that gave me an indication of your personality, nothing about why I should meet you. and certainly if you'd been a guy it'd be said it's like loads of others ..sorry you did ask..

see my earlier post for my advice.

over a year ago

Looks fine to me, as said it's probably not being read by most anyway.

I like profiles with good spelling, grammar and punctuation so yours gets a thumbs up. If someone can't string a sentence together it really puts me off. Only thing I would say is maybe a couple more pics would be good, I like to see two or three. Good luck though x

over a year ago

what do you mean by the wrong type of guy? i could give better advice if i knew what that meant.

what messages are you not wanting?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Start by defining the right type of guy and work backwards from there or simply write that definition on your profile.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Some people don't read profiles so you'll alway's get the wrong types messaging you

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Some people don't read profiles so you'll alway's get the wrong types messaging you"

This is true. We often get messages saying they would love to come over and lick me for hours...Erm!

over a year ago

"what do you mean by the wrong type of guy? i could give better advice if i knew what that meant.

what messages are you not wanting?"

I think it's down to my profile not being read.

I get messages from married men, men that can't accommodate & those that just want fuck & go with no stimulation.

Personally for me, these types don't excite me.

over a year ago

"Start by defining the right type of guy and work backwards from there or simply write that definition on your profile."

Good idea, before my last re-write I practically bullet pointed my wants but it didn't go down well!

I get the feeling there is no perfect profile but I'll take everything on board & try another re-write later

Thanks

over a year ago

"I offer the same advice to all genders and demographics on here, after all we're all trying to inform and attract others.

If your profile is attracting the wrong guys .. 1) see above. ... 2) Try being proactive and seek those who appeal to you, "

Your profile still has to appeal to the men you contact though. They will read it after they have been contacted.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

"what do you mean by the wrong type of guy? i could give better advice if i knew what that meant.

I get messages from married men, men that can't accommodate & those that just want fuck & go with no stimulation.

"

Use the filters.. the tools at your disposal.

You said you searched yourself .. if you can't find them .. ...why do you think the guys who message you will be the right ones.. ??

over a year ago

"

oh right yeah, like people have said there's not a lot you can do. although i've seen some people have headers saying read my profile if you want a reply. maybe that helps?

i've been quite fortunate that married men tend to respect my profile, so most guys are reading it. although they don't always read it until after they've been chatting with me for a while.

i do get asked for a fuck now quite a bit though.

i would also say just make things easier for yoursehlf by not replying to them, they would ave known not to bother messaging you if they'd read your profile. make them learn to read them lol. but don't feel like you have to be polite to men who have been ignorant to you.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

"I offer the same advice to all genders and demographics on here, after all we're all trying to inform and attract others.

If your profile is attracting the wrong guys .. 1) see above. ... 2) Try being proactive and seek those who appeal to you,

Your profile still has to appeal to the men you contact though. They will read it after they have been contacted."

Indeed why I saids read the gazzillion other advice threads.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Hi OP. I've read your profile I think it's good, it sets out what you want without coming across like you're a bit up your arse. You could really do with some public pics.

I think the reason you are getting messages front the wrong kind of guys (I know what you mean) is your latest veri. It's the way it's worded, sorry but it makes you sound a bit......I can't think of the right word without causing offence......slutty??

over a year ago

You said you searched yourself .. if you can't find them .. ...why do you think the guys who message you will be the right ones.. ??"

I've never seen a filter for married men, especially the Fab style single but married ones

over a year ago

"Hi OP. I've read your profile I think it's good, it sets out what you want without coming across like you're a bit up your arse. You could really do with some public pics.

I think the reason you are getting messages front the wrong kind of guys (I know what you mean) is your latest veri. It's the way it's worded, sorry but it makes you sound a bit......I can't think of the right word without causing offence......slutty?? "

No offence taken!

I'm pushing my boundaries & I guess he liked it

over a year ago

"Recently I've been attracting the men that I really don't want & being relatively new, I wondered if my profile gives the wrong impression?

This is the second re-write as my first was deemed too negative as I listed what I wasn't looking for.

Any advice welcome but please be constructive

Thanks & have a Fab BH Monday "

Good profile op it is a numbers game and some of the thrill is in the chase always remember the next gem is round the corner and ignore the chancers

over a year ago

Looks good to me. You gotta remember that being a woman on such a site where the male to female ratio is unbalanced you gonna get messages from those who don't interest you for whatever reason, just gotta ride it out (no pun intended)

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

You said you searched yourself .. if you can't find them .. ...why do you think the guys who message you will be the right ones.. ??

I've never seen a filter for married men, especially the Fab style single but married ones "

I didn't say there was. I suggested using the filters and tools ...block single guys then search for them yourself. Seriously, you know your criteria better than anyone else... use the tools .. or don't, if you don't change something it's a problem of your own making.

I'll say it again loads of threads offering profile advice, yours ain't working (according to you) so being blunt, my take on yours...

You've no public pictures.. if a guy had this he'd be shot down in flames, often said a variety works best.

your text tells the reader nothing of what you bring to a meet .. why as a guy who might meet your criteria would he meet you over the next lady ..why?.

It's often said folk read profiles before messages ...your profile is your shop window, my opinion it needs better dressing.

And my last bit read the countless threads offering generic profile advice in the archives. They all pretty much say the same thing.

over a year ago

Nice profile, very narrow age band so just block all single men and search yourself xxx

over a year ago

Some men just don't read profiles

over a year ago

on here it's really hard to search for men yourself because many don't even have a profile.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"Some people don't read profiles so you'll alway's get the wrong types messaging you

This is true. We often get messages saying they would love to come over and lick me for hours...Erm! "

Silly isn't it,I'm a bit impatient with people like that nowadays. Suppose they just presume everyone likes the same thing oral being one them

By *rincess and the PirateCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Without being negative I can see why you may be attracting the right sort of man for you. You haven't been here very long and already a list of veris. Not saying that's a bad thing but can give of a vibe that says I'm game. As previous replies state use your filters otherwise just delete from members your not interested in they will soon get the message. Remember many men send the same message to say 100 women and the odds are 1 or 2 will reply.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

"on here it's really hard to search for men yourself because many don't even have a profile."

I could say the same about all genders.... That's a filter in itself ..

over a year ago

"on here it's really hard to search for men yourself because many don't even have a profile.

I could say the same about all genders.... That's a filter in itself .."

my profile is awesome so i can whinge about men not having one.

but yeah i supospe it is a filter, it's just easier to let men come to me though, and they do that.

on other sites i loved hunting for guys coz they were forced to make profiles that were more than fill in later or cock pics. on here it's pretty dire and i'm guessing more women have a decent profile than men? i don't look for women.

over a year ago

read it and thought quite a lot about you - which is fine and if people read it all and see they fit all the criteria they may reply (if being a huge word here) - but nothing much about what you like to give back - a bit me me me

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/08/16 07:32:13]

over a year ago

It's a nice, jolly, open and light hearted profile which gives enough information about you and what you seek without leaping atop a sequin encrusted diva pedestal of demands and stampy feet.

You will get messages from chaps who don't meet your expectations and requirements regardless of profile content as 90% don't read the blooming things anyway.

(No, fellow pedants, I have not conducted an in depth statistical analysis of the breakdown of profile readers, profile skimmers and profile ignorers - it's a guesstimate).

over a year ago

"Without being negative I can see why you may be attracting the right sort of man for you. You haven't been here very long and already a list of veris. Not saying that's a bad thing but can give of a vibe that says I'm game. As previous replies state use your filters otherwise just delete from members your not interested in they will soon get the message. Remember many men send the same message to say 100 women and the odds are 1 or 2 will reply. "

Some of them are from a previous profile where I joined last year xx

Post new Message to Thread