Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

How to get going?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi All,

I am a 31 year old single man from Cambridgeshire, in the unenviable position of wanting to get involved in this wonderful world, but not knowing where to start and getting no responses on here with my current attempts (heartbreaking, I know).

It seems that verification from another user would help, but don't really know how to go about that.

I did join last year and hit the same snag so gave it a rest, but I am now back afresh attempting to make the most of this community (gold membership no less!).

Please, any help/guidance would be much appreciated!

Much obliged

L

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I can oh suggest attending an organised social in your area or a club.

Good luck

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

*that should say only not oh.

By *angtidy10Couple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Go and speak to people in the chat rooms, post in forums to get yourself known and attend Clubs/socials in your area x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just be yourself. Got me plenty of meets and chats

over a year ago

go bi more choice

over a year ago

"I can oh suggest attending an organised social in your area or a club.

Good luck "

Thanks! I've been plucking up the courage to head to a club night for a while (Tease2 seems the one), so just need to bite the bullet and do it I suppose! ??

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/03/16 15:37:31]

over a year ago

"go bi more choice"

Not my thing unfortunately

over a year ago

"Go and speak to people in the chat rooms, post in forums to get yourself known and attend Clubs/socials in your area x"

Sounds like good advise. As I mentioned, i need to bite the bullet on going to a club and will definitely get more involved in the forums.

Thanks!!

over a year ago

We have been in the scene for few years, took a break as couldn't get meets. We are back trying but nothing yet. Just have to be patient & im sure it will happen x

over a year ago

"We have been in the scene for few years, took a break as couldn't get meets. We are back trying but nothing yet. Just have to be patient & im sure it will happen x"

It's seems that as a single man, it needs a lot of patience! In any case, I hope you guys are getting more meets this time around.

Thanks for the advice!

over a year ago

If u have a Web cam go into the chat rooms and chat a bit and then ask if someone can veri u

over a year ago

There is very few organised socials in Cambridge itself, however the local clubs are Trade, Jaydees and VA.

I am at a loose end Friday daytime and Sunday daytime this weekend and was going to go into Cambridge. As a one time offer of your free I'll happily meet you for a coffee (not other intent at all) and verify you.

By *angtidy10Couple
over a year ago

Shropshire

"There is very few organised socials in Cambridge itself, however the local clubs are Trade, Jaydees and VA.

I am at a loose end Friday daytime and Sunday daytime this weekend and was going to go into Cambridge. As a one time offer of your free I'll happily meet you for a coffee (not other intent at all) and verify you."

Hope he has messaged you privately and not left you hanging to this very kind offer lol

over a year ago

"There is very few organised socials in Cambridge itself, however the local clubs are Trade, Jaydees and VA.

I am at a loose end Friday daytime and Sunday daytime this weekend and was going to go into Cambridge. As a one time offer of your free I'll happily meet you for a coffee (not other intent at all) and verify you.

Hope he has messaged you privately and not left you hanging to this very kind offer lol"

Yes we have spoken via pm

By *hor ThumbMan
over a year ago

bristol

You cant just "go bi" anyway, it doesnt work like that

over a year ago

Hope he has messaged you privately and not left you hanging to this very kind offer lol"

Oh no, an offer this kind demands a PM. Although you're right, I should give public thanks too - it's a super offer and one others should definitely take advantage of! Pity I can't - but hopefully next time.

THANKS FANTASY81! ??

over a year ago

Hope he has messaged you privately and not left you hanging to this very kind offer lol

Oh no, an offer this kind demands a PM. Although you're right, I should give public thanks too - it's a super offer and one others should definitely take advantage of! Pity I can't - but hopefully next time.

THANKS FANTASY81! ??"

The offer is there for you should we be able to find a mutual date

over a year ago

THANKS FANTASY81! ??

The offer is there for you should we be able to find a mutual date "

Are you addicted to thanks?! ??

Another amazing offer - thanks!

over a year ago

I'd drop all of the "I'm new" stuff from your profile, it sounds a bit like you're apologising which doesn't fill me with confidence, write about what you're looking for and what you have to offer, big yourself up a little.

Just stick with it, your target audience is spoiled for choice.

Don't look at my profile, it's rubbish.

Post new Message to Thread