Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Blood in semen

Jump to newest

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

I'm asking for my husband (as I am a woman it's not for me)

When he ejaculated there was blood. First time its happened and he will be seeing a doctor.

What I want to know is has it happened to any other men and what was the outcome?

Obviously slightly worried as it can mean sinister things as he's on the age range, but he's not ill, no pain or lumps, and he always plays safe when we do play and I'm always there involved so know he's not lying, so not to worried about infection.

We did have sex yesterday and I'm hoping he just inflamed it a bit and it will go away on its own.

Anyone had this happen?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Uh?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If theres ever blood in anything i would seek medical attention, might not be anything but better to get checked

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

north of lincoln

Happened to me a few years ago. Went to doctors and he said I had burst a blood vessel in my balls . Probably caused by rough sex or sustained erections. It lasted about a week. But it gradually faded away.

It was the scariest thing ever but the doctor said it was common.

Would still get it checked though as everyone is different

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

This is what I hope, its just something simple like a burst blood vessel. But always worrying as he's super healthy. He's seeing the gp on Monday

By *rtemisiaWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

"I'm asking for my husband (as I am a woman it's not for me)

When he ejaculated there was blood. First time its happened and he will be seeing a doctor.

What I want to know is has it happened to any other men and what was the outcome?

Obviously slightly worried as it can mean sinister things as he's on the age range, but he's not ill, no pain or lumps, and he always plays safe when we do play and I'm always there involved so know he's not lying, so not to worried about infection.

We did have sex yesterday and I'm hoping he just inflamed it a bit and it will go away on its own.

Anyone had this happen? "

I know a guy who has this happen sometimes and he's been checked out and all is ok.

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

May be worth checking out the prostate...a simple blood test for psa may reveal if you need to proceed further...esp if he is 50 ish or over...

Hope all is well.

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Lol he's only 39, but it says over 40 is higher risk

over a year ago

Could be caused by many things, cock rings and other items that restrict the balls can cause it

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Is he registered with a GP? If so, then maybe, just maybe, the GP might be able to answer this one

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple
over a year ago

wombourne

It's happened to me in the past. Probably nothing to worry about but get him to get it checked as a precaution.

Mine turned out to be a blood vessel. X

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Lol he's only 39, but it says over 40 is higher risk"

why is that funny ?

anything medical and concerning you, the GP

good luck and hope it's okay

over a year ago

Happened to me once, a while ago. Was a result of getting kicked in the plums during a rugby game. Bruising or rough play can cause this...hopefully will not be anything more serious.

over a year ago

This happened to a friend of mine, when in his early 20's. He confided in me and I advised him to visit the doctor. It turned out it was due to excessive and aggressive wanking.

This may turn out to be nothing for your husband hopefully, but my advice would be the same. Have it checked by a Dr!

By *ripleXrateDWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"If theres ever blood in anything i would seek medical attention, might not be anything but better to get checked"

^^^^ this. I get he's probably a bit freaked out but don't leave it get him straight to the doctors. I know someone this happend to and it turned out it was just a burst blood vessel but don't take the risk it could be something far worse. Xxxxxx

over a year ago

Following a very serious and damn near fatal motorcycle crash about 12 years ago I have have blood in both urine and semen.

Every so often I see a new doctor and they have a panic and order tests.

Nothing is ever found and otherwise I enjoy perfect health.

In this case it is almost certainly the same but probably worth indulging the doctors worries and getting it checked.

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

"Lol he's only 39, but it says over 40 is higher risk

why is that funny ?

anything medical and concerning you, the GP

good luck and hope it's okay"

Because I think they referred to him as being 50 or near. Not yet!

over a year ago

Check his balls to make sure there is no lumps and get him to have a prostate check up xx

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Lol he's only 39, but it says over 40 is higher risk"

My ex had this at 28. Turned out to be an enlarged bladder muscle.

Medical advice is imperative and don't jump to the wrong conclusions as you'll only worry yourself.

Hopefully it just means some embarrassing medical examinations for him

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Thanks for all the messages. He's feeling slightly better that its happened to others. He will be getting a check up Monday x

over a year ago

It must be catching...... ! It happened to me on Thursday morning........ It's never happened before and scared me shitless....... Anyway...... I went to work worried about it, then from Thursday afternoon onwards, every time i went for a pee....... Huuuge burning pain....... this continued into the night, so made an appointment Friday morning. By the time i got there mid morning, the pee pain had almost gone. Doc says it happens for various reasons, mostly not serious, could be a blood vessel etc.

He checked prostate, did a urine test there and then, all came back as normal, so he just advised as the peeing pain had gone to go away and come back if it happened again. As of this afternoon, i've had another wank and lo and behold, all is fine..... thankfully ! Soooo...... Whatever it was seems to have passed over again...... but yes, for a short while i was very worried..... I'm sure things will be ok OP, but always best to get it checked out........ We men are not great at such stuff normally !

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol.

Worth going for a check even if its just for the fingering.lol.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Thanks for all the messages. He's feeling slightly better that its happened to others. He will be getting a check up Monday x"

over a year ago

Hope everything is ok. Always best to get it checked out first thing which you've done so its all good

over a year ago

Could also be a water infection.

By *egin551Couple
over a year ago

south west !

I had this years ago just once, it is quite common, get it checked it out thoughlly but I would not worry about it

Good luck

By *ichaelxx11Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"This happened to a friend of mine, when in his early 20's. He confided in me and I advised him to visit the doctor. It turned out it was due to excessive and aggressive wanking.

"

Excessive and aggressive wanking

Please how do you describe an aggressive wank?

over a year ago

Don't have sex for a while let it settle down until you find out what is wrong

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

yeah it's happened to me once, I was told to keep an eye on it. I think I strained something as it didn't and never happened again. I was having prolonged sex 6 - 7 days a week at the time, I just calmed down for a little while as I remember but best to get a professional opinion

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

It happened to me (G) last year, for the first time in my life. I was very worried and saw the doc ASAP - he reassured me that it was fairly common and probably didn't mean anything sinister. I had a PSA blood test and an when the results came back he gave me an internal examination (fingers up the bum!). There was absolutely nothing abnormal.

So, don't worry too much but see your doc.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

It happened to me once years ago. Cleared after three ejaculations and never came back but I did go and get checked. I was diagnosed with a "non specific infection" in my urinary tract and told that it might have spread to my testicles and been successfully fought off.

A course of antibiotics and I was fine.

Oddly enough I had an infection in my testicles last year, though no blood anywhere. No idea how or why, the doc said it probably wasn't sexually transmitted. Again a course of antibiotics sorted it.

One thing I was told is that if the cause of the blood is still happening, the blood in the semen is fresh and pink/red. If it's old blood (and no more bleeding is taking place) then it comes out dirty brown.

over a year ago

"Check his balls to make sure there is no lumps and get him to have a prostate check up xx"

NO! Don't.

Ignore all advice on here that isn't... get him to his GP soonest.

There you go, all the advice you need!

And I hope it's ok!

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Very prudent to get it checked out ASAP. Speaking as a healthcare professional, any blood in urine, semen, stool or cough is always treated as a potential red flag to be assessed immediately. Could be ruptured blood vessel, prostate, infection among other things. Then again could be nothing. Hope everything goes well for him.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I had this a few years ago but it wasn`t long after I`d been in hospital for a major operation (quadruple heart by-pass) where blood vessels had been taken from the tops of my thighs, so put it down to some minor damage caused when I had the op. Soon healed up!

By *isdirtygirlCouple
over a year ago

somewhere out there

[Removed by poster at 08/03/16 01:31:07]

over a year ago

I've never had this he needs to see doc but if sex was rough maybe he cut himself so maybe nothing serious to worry about

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

He's been to GP, they think its a blood vessel. I've also been with him to the clinic and had full tests (as they have to rule out regardless of if there's a chance or not) waiting now for results. At least if its a one off, we can say we are clean and tested to prove.

over a year ago

Hope he's ok worrying times

By *isdirtygirlCouple
over a year ago

somewhere out there

"He's been to GP, they think its a blood vessel. I've also been with him to the clinic and had full tests (as they have to rule out regardless of if there's a chance or not) waiting now for results. At least if its a one off, we can say we are clean and tested to prove. "

I've blown a blood vessel a couple of times but realised it both times so just let nature take its course. Make sure he drink loads of water!

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Well his bloods came back negative so at least we know we are clean (which we always knew)

Been 5 days since it happened...time for a road test I think....

over a year ago

"Well his bloods came back negative so at least we know we are clean (which we always knew)

Been 5 days since it happened...time for a road test I think.... "

mmmmm can I test to x

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

"Well his bloods came back negative so at least we know we are clean (which we always knew)

Been 5 days since it happened...time for a road test I think.... "

Fantastic news. Always better to be safe than sorry....hopefully a successful test

By *isexmistressWoman
over a year ago

Prestwich

"He's been to GP, they think its a blood vessel. I've also been with him to the clinic and had full tests (as they have to rule out regardless of if there's a chance or not) waiting now for results. At least if its a one off, we can say we are clean and tested to prove. "

Fingers crossed for you both x

over a year ago

I'm surprised you can get a gps appointment

I rang literally 108 times for my baby on Monday only to be told they have no appointments...

Hope its all sorted xx

By *rMrs_C OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth

Its a forces doctor. Much easier!

By *ockchickCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

Ive had this most of last year and had all the tests two months of antibiotics. Doctors say prostate fine. Seems to be getting better but told nothing to worry about live with it.

How do you have a normal sex life if you cant ejaculate into your wife.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Ive had this most of last year and had all the tests two months of antibiotics. Doctors say prostate fine. Seems to be getting better but told nothing to worry about live with it.

How do you have a normal sex life if you cant ejaculate into your wife. "

If all tests are clear, say you're not happy and ask for a referral to a urologist. There is something obviously wrong, I looked back at my answer on this thread to remind myself and it seemed nothing more than a strain that cleared in a few days. A year is a long time, so have it looked at by someone who deals with it.

By *ockchickCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

I am under Urologist and he has said nothing wrong and no medical reason for it. Testicle s scanned prostate checked only thing I do have at present is a kidney stone im hoping that is causing it. If anything.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Other than suggestions like look after your diet and hold of sex for a while, which I'd think you've already done I'm out of ideas, so maybe keep bumping this thread - you've at least resurrected one worth resurrecting

over a year ago

When ever I get blood come out of some place it shouldn't. I go to fabswingers forums instead of seeking professional medical help.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"When ever I get blood come out of some place it shouldn't. I go to fabswingers forums instead of seeking professional medical help."

Did you read the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of the opening post?

Winston

By *ancelot1633Man
over a year ago

folkstone

Happened to me a couple of times over the years. Nothing sinister found, just over exertion (bike saddles are the worst). If it’s me I would get it checked ASAP even though it’s most likely to be nothing much. Hope all goes well

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I’ve had this happen a couple of times in the past, and I agree; it is horrendous when you see it! I did go to a doctor, who said it is quite common, but not to worry about it unless it is running bright red continuously. It cleared up both times fairly quickly, just abstain from ejaculating for a while.

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
15 weeks ago

St Neots

Sooo... This happened to me today for the first time... Fun!!

15 weeks ago

Hapoened to me after the snip so wasnt concerned but still frightened me to death and looked like ketchup lol

By *untimeswithme69Man
15 weeks ago

London

Maybe good to see a doctor and get their opinion first.

15 weeks ago

St Neots

"Hapoened to me after the snip so wasnt concerned but still frightened me to death and looked like ketchup lol "

Its freaked me the fuck out

15 weeks ago

St Neots

"Maybe good to see a doctor and get their opinion first. "

Will see if it happens again tomorrow, then I'll see gp. I think if it happens just once, it's nothing to worry about

By *bxanfCouple
15 weeks ago

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, Stourbridge

This has happened to me.

A little bit of blood is usually not serious and will go away on its own

ALOT of blood is probably cause for concern.

In both cases, get yourself checked out.

By *oodmessMan
15 weeks ago

yumsville

"Maybe good to see a doctor and get their opinion first.

Will see if it happens again tomorrow, then I'll see gp. I think if it happens just once, it's nothing to worry about "

It might be an idea to rest for longer than a day as you might have just strained something.

15 weeks ago

St Neots

"This has happened to me.

A little bit of blood is usually not serious and will go away on its own

ALOT of blood is probably cause for concern.

In both cases, get yourself checked out."

It wasn't Alot alot but it was definitely noticeable, enough to make me feel abit queasy. Will phone gp tomorrow. Left it too late today to get an appointment

15 weeks ago

St Neots

"Maybe good to see a doctor and get their opinion first.

Will see if it happens again tomorrow, then I'll see gp. I think if it happens just once, it's nothing to worry about

It might be an idea to rest for longer than a day as you might have just strained something. "

But... Sex... It will be a full 24 hours so will see

By *d4fun73Man
15 weeks ago

Shipley

This happened to me but because I'd had a ultrasound biopsy for prostate. Had he had one?

15 weeks ago

St Neots

"This happened to me but because I'd had a ultrasound biopsy for prostate. Had he had one?"

Nope, completely random

By *orl1971Couple
15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Had this before (Mr). It was scary but was an infection, not STD, which just required some antibiotics. Did not reoccur.

15 weeks ago

Whenever I have a potential medical issue I go to forums and ask strangers what might be wrong

Good grief. Go to Dr

Post new Message to Thread