Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Profile Feedback Please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all,

I know I'm opening myself up to ridicule but I'd like to know peoples opinions on my profile.

I've tried to put enough info in that it's clear what I am like and what I want. But is it too long & boring?

When I'm browsing profiles I prefer the ones which have info and give insight. It's easier for starting a convo. That's just my preference though and I know couples and females on here get bombarded with messages so maybe are not as likely to read long profiles.

Thanks in advance (and go easy... not too brutal please).

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Honestly... reads like a c.v. A few condradictions and a little negative in places. Some good pictures but some not so good.

over a year ago

It is fine, though I wouls get rid of the strange pictures - the mad Santa and make up ones. They make you appear very strange.

Perhaps less emphasis on your educational background? No one really gives a toss if you have a law degree.

over a year ago

Hey I thought it was a good profile good pics good luck

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think it's an ok profile. I think you have too many face pics and not enough body pics. The text is good. It's a bit long but as you've broken it down I don't think that's a problem.

Give it time, you've not been on here long.

Good luck

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Your profile is loads better than 99% on here, its great to see a man who has taken some time over writing a decent profile!

Some of your pics are obviously quite old (due to lack of tattoos on them), some of them are a bit silly (the one in the strange pants in particular), so I would have a pic sort out and leave the ones that show you in your best light

By *manda63Woman
over a year ago

Southampton

"Hi all,

I know I'm opening myself up to ridicule but I'd like to know peoples opinions on my profile.

I've tried to put enough info in that it's clear what I am like and what I want. But is it too long & boring?

When I'm browsing profiles I prefer the ones which have info and give insight. It's easier for starting a convo. That's just my preference though and I know couples and females on here get bombarded with messages so maybe are not as likely to read long profiles.

Thanks in advance (and go easy... not too brutal please)."

I didn't read the text as the mad pics took my attention away from it. And not in a good way either. Lose the insane looking pics, the tattoo one and muscle pose didn't do anything for me either. Good luck

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

It's ok but didn't get my attention. It reads quite serious yet your pictures show a guy the very opposite of that.

However, as I'm probably out of your age range it's not the type of profile or pictures that would appeal to me.

By *reykiwi500Man
over a year ago

London

Hi OP. I suspect you're probably more interested in feedback from your intended audience, but for what it's worth:

* I don't think it's too long or boring and I prefer to read profiles that do say something about the person and what they're looking for/like in addition to the 'interests' list. Having said that, I wouldn't make it any longer. But it shouldn't need to be anyway. Mine's at the absolute limit as well!

* I do agree with most of the feedback above about the silly pics. I suspect you're looking to convey a sense of fun, but I can understand why they would be off-putting to many you're trying to attract.

* I'm a bit torn over the 'law degree' comment. On one hand, I'm thinking you put that in as part of a joke in the 'but don't hold that against me' sentence, but it could be interpreted on here by many as trying to sound superior. Personally it doesn't bother me if a woman or MF couple say they are educated, but I've noticed some people on here get a bit sensitive about those sorts of things and, to be fair, it doesn't really have a lot to do with swinging as you're not looking for a life partner. I once had the word 'educated' in my profile, but quickly took it out after I realised it wasn't particularly relevant to most. The way you write will convey the relevant extent of your education. Nobody cares if you have a degree. Some people (quite rightly, I my view) care that u dnt tlk or wrt lyk dis.

* Little bit torn over the 'CV' look and some of what could potentially come across as the odd negative comment. On one hand, your profile does a nice job of setting out what you like and what you're looking for, but yeah....it does read a bit like a CV. In the past, I've been tempted change my profile to that kind of structure too, but on balance I just prefer using ordinary paragraphs. No idea what's better to be honest. Suggest instead of saying 'not attracted to BBW’s', phrase it more positively in terms of what you are attracted to.

That's all I can think of. Hope it helps.

over a year ago

Thanks for all the advice. It's always good to know how people perceive things.

Re the photos.. the strange ones are just to show I have a fun side but if consensus is that they have a bad effect then they are gone!!

Point taken on the degree, does make me sound a bit pompous.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Thanks for all the advice. It's always good to know how people perceive things.

Re the photos.. the strange ones are just to show I have a fun side but if consensus is that they have a bad effect then they are gone!!

Point taken on the degree, does make me sound a bit pompous."

The profile is informative and highly organised so should yield results

over a year ago

Profile is now rewritten. I still think it may be a little long but it should give a good account of what I am all about.

The silly pics have also gone.

By *fricanMann2077Man
over a year ago

Stoke On Trent

"Profile is now rewritten. I still think it may be a little long but it should give a good account of what I am all about.

The silly pics have also gone."

Mate, having the best profile on fabs doesnt matter. Trust me i am speaking from experience. Its down to whether or not a lady fancies you and how many messages she recieves a day.

If you have the perfecy profile on fabs and after you message like lets say 20 girls a day and 16 of them click on your profile/photos and be like 'gosh he is ugly' trust me she wont waste het time reading your profile. The same goes for couples. A couple only reads your profile; if they are interested or the female half has said the likes what you look like.

My opinion; most of your pics are irrelevant to swinging, too many words, make it short and direct.

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"Profile is now rewritten. I still think it may be a little long but it should give a good account of what I am all about.

Much better! Profile and pics excellent!

By *reykiwi500Man
over a year ago

London

I'd say it's better now. Good luck and be patient!

Post new Message to Thread