Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Female advice needed re:coil

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi there, I had the mareina (i think its spelt like that) coil fitted roughly 3 months ago, and this week i've in excess of 12 days overdue on. I've had the usual pains of coming on however, i've still not. I've been the doctors for a pregnancy check, but due to the hormones released from the coil, it came back as inconclusive. Did a pregnancy test this morning myself and this came back as inconclusive. My concern is we are due to go to a swinging club the following weekend, so i dont want a shock vist from auntie flo, towards the weekend. So has anyone had any similar experiences using this type of coil to put my mind at ease?

thanks in advance

love

shazz xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My periods stopped altogether after i had the marina coil. Had a little spotting for a couple of months and never had anything since although i still sometimes get period symptoms

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My friend had this one fitted i believe, It really didnt agree with her and made her ill... I''d say if you are worried at all get back to the doctors, at the least for a check up...

over a year ago

lets of women stop having periods altogether when having a coil fitter, you could just be once of these

im on the depo injection as is my eldest daughter, she still has periods every month i havnt had a period for 8 years now, since i started on the depo, everyones body reacts different

over a year ago

i had mine fitted 4 months ago and had a couple of weeks of spotting but nothing now for weeks yaaay stopped altogether do suffer with cramps every now n again

over a year ago

No experience of the coil but sometimes they will prescribe the pill to regulate...hope it gets sorted for you, crap not knowing what is happening xx

over a year ago

a high percentage of women with Mirena coils will be without periods a year after the coil was fitted.

Some still bleed occasionally, many have no periods whatsoever. In the first year you might therefore expect irregular periods with gradually increasing gaps between one and the next. "spotting" that is too light to be a period might also occur.

Of course...THE best advice is....wear rubbers when you are at the Swingers Club That will keep you safe in more ways than one xx

over a year ago

I have the Mirena coil and I dont have any periods whatsover. It takes a while for the coil to settle down, and you may find that when you do start to bleed, that you may continuously for longer than normal. Dont worry if your body reacts a little oddly during the first 6 months, bleeding irregularly, spotting, or not bleeding at all, it will settle down in time.

I wouldnt imagine you are pregnant as because the hormone Levonegrestrel is being released constantly, it will thicken the cervix so sperm cant get through and also your womb lining will be very thin so any eggs are unlikely to implant. if you are worried though you must go back to the doctor as miracles can happen cant they, but hopefully it is just a symptom of your bodys reaction to the coil

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

my friend had hers fitted last october and has bleed since doc told her not to worry but she is so miserable with it put or on the pill again as going on hols in two weeks

over a year ago

I had intermittent spotting for about 3 months, then stopped.

I still get the very occassional spotting, that's about it.

If in doubt, have yourself checked out to be certain for a peace of mind.

over a year ago

HI

I had one fitted 6 months and it has been a total nightmare to be honest, bleeding for weeks at a time and spotting and pain and bleeding suring or after sex. Made it very difficult.

However it is now like someone has flicked a switch and completly changed. I was ready to have it removed but so glad i stuck with it. The doctor advised me it can take up to a year to settle so stick with it.

over a year ago

Does anyone check for their strings? I always tell chris if he feels a string whilst using his fingers, he must, under no circumstances, pull on it. Its the one thing I am worried about, in case during a meet someone pulls my coil out

By *anba2Couple
over a year ago

burbage

A couple of my friends have them fitted and don't have periods anymore. One friend who has been sterilised has had it fitted to control her pmt!! I was sterilised ten years ago so if you have done with having babies then get sterilised...I have no regrets and not putting anything into my body that shouldn't be there... Drugs/hormones etc.

If not then stick with it... Should be ok by Reading comments above.

By *pecial bbCouple
over a year ago

london

Had mine fitted months ago and have still not settled down -- first couple of periods were the heaviest i have ever had - then i went to monthly, now i am having a lighter period every 2 wks. Been back t the doc who said its normal and to keep at it. As for the strings had mine cut ultra short as my partner was worried he would feel them.

Hope all works out

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Does anyone check for their strings? I always tell chris if he feels a string whilst using his fingers, he must, under no circumstances, pull on it. Its the one thing I am worried about, in case during a meet someone pulls my coil out "

My strings are cut really short so cant feel them. Few guys have said they have felt my coil while having sex and one managed(god knows how) to sort of get caught on it but it wasnt a problem didnt rip the condom and i felt nothing lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I have the Mirena coil and I dont have any periods whatsover. It takes a while for the coil to settle down, and you may find that when you do start to bleed, that you may continuously for longer than normal. Dont worry if your body reacts a little oddly during the first 6 months, bleeding irregularly, spotting, or not bleeding at all, it will settle down in time.

I wouldnt imagine you are pregnant as because the hormone Levonegrestrel is being released constantly, it will thicken the cervix so sperm cant get through and also your womb lining will be very thin so any eggs are unlikely to implant. if you are worried though you must go back to the doctor as miracles can happen cant they, but hopefully it is just a symptom of your bodys reaction to the coil "

strange isnt it, doesnt seem five minutes since you where posting for advice about yours and now here you are being able to offer advice

Post new Message to Thread