Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Winked and messaged without a reply.

Jump to newest

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

After you have winked someone and messaged them without a response, what do you do? Forget it? Add a private note to remind you? Or block them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Block, it's so much more efficient to my mind.

By *xoticloverMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Forget it, site will remind you if you try messaging or sending a wink again..

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm really going to have to start using the notes feature. Whenever I browse I sometimes come across profiles where we've swapped messages months or years before but obviously nothing came of it. It would be good to remember why.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would just put a note on their profile

over a year ago

love the notes thingy - we use it a lot

- weve had a spate of winks and pics fabbed - we wink back and send a message - deleted or blocked -- just makes us laugh

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Just forget them as they forgot me

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Just forget them as they forgot me "

Except they look on occasion which drives the dagger in deeper.

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"love the notes thingy - we use it a lot

- weve had a spate of winks and pics fabbed - we wink back and send a message - deleted or blocked -- just makes us laugh

"

Or they are all keen and chatty, until you actually try and arrange a meet!

By *etzPlayCouple
over a year ago

Southend

"Block, it's so much more efficient to my mind. "

over a year ago

"I'm really going to have to start using the notes feature. Whenever I browse I sometimes come across profiles where we've swapped messages months or years before but obviously nothing came of it. It would be good to remember why. "

Always make a note, even if its just a reminder not to message again. hate to pester people and i am sure i have missed out sometimes.

By *etzPlayCouple
over a year ago

Southend

"I'm really going to have to start using the notes feature. Whenever I browse I sometimes come across profiles where we've swapped messages months or years before but obviously nothing came of it. It would be good to remember why.

Always make a note, even if its just a reminder not to message again. hate to pester people and i am sure i have missed out sometimes."

Why bother? Just block and move on. If we Block you on here and bump into you in a club we politey excuse ourselves and move on as we've obviously not compatible xx

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Block ... interesting as some who have blocked us in the past, we have glimpsed at a club and though, wow, why did they reject us? But then again, they could be thinking the same about us ... in the grand scheme of things, no biggie

over a year ago

We forget it and move on.

over a year ago

I would forget about them, if they are interested they would reply lol.

By *etzPlayCouple
over a year ago

Southend

"Block ... interesting as some who have blocked us in the past, we have glimpsed at a club and though, wow, why did they reject us? But then again, they could be thinking the same about us ... in the grand scheme of things, no biggie"

Plenty more fish in the Fab lol

over a year ago

Can't say we would be bothered to block or give it any further thought either way.

We don't message many people anyway so it's pretty easy to keep track.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I wouldn't block...they may reply in their own time.

Someday....

Maybe.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm really going to have to start using the notes feature. Whenever I browse I sometimes come across profiles where we've swapped messages months or years before but obviously nothing came of it. It would be good to remember why. "

I've been using them the last couple of months. It's an invaluable feature for someone with such a terrible memory.

over a year ago

I use the private notes a lot. If someone has posted a particularly nasty post or status update I'll copy and paste that into private notes to remind me how much of a knob or knobette they are

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"love the notes thingy - we use it a lot

Or they are all keen and chatty, until you actually try and arrange a meet! "

Perhaps not who they actually claim to be?

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

I'm d same got winks from a few couples n messaged them but heard nothing . Got a couple started to chat to me but I think it was only a guy wanted me to use n fuck his wife . Could not much out of them complete wasters

over a year ago

"After you have winked someone and messaged them without a response, what do you do? Forget it? Add a private note to remind you? Or block them?"

.forget it

over a year ago

Forget them and move on. After you've blocked them of course.

C xx

over a year ago

"After you have winked someone and messaged them without a response, what do you do? Forget it? Add a private note to remind you? Or block them?"
just forget it some have said they never winked me but a lot of people just ignore winks ,no substitute for sending a message really

over a year ago

Forget it ... I'm obviously not what they're looking for , or they may be away, so I move on.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I use private notes, put a little reminder of when I mailed and if they replied and what basically they said.

A huge fan of the notes actually, keep a record of the kind of messages I get, any nasty statuses I see them put up, even a link to any thread where they have been a complete twat on the forums, save me searching later

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Oops forgot winks

I do use notes though, I only block profiles if they get snooty because I've declined or if they show themselves to be numpties on the forums.

By *amesB66Man
over a year ago

St Peter Port

Notes are invaluable when you reach a certain age and the memory begins to fade.

I have no issues forgetting them either

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

This is great, a couple or single woman message a bloke without response and don't know how to handle it! I suppose a cherry gets popped sometime!!

I wonder if this was a single guy posting this thread though? I'd say the responses would range from a review on his profile and cock pics, to; suck it up buttercup

Just a note - single guys wink, fab, message people all the time. If they were to block the ones the messaged - there wouldn't be much meetings happening If you like the look of them - you just have to hang cool, and see if you like the response you might get... if you get one. l o l (love it)

over a year ago

I forget.. There's too many

By *etzPlayCouple
over a year ago

Southend

"Oops forgot winks

I do use notes though, I only block profiles if they get snooty because I've declined or if they show themselves to be numpties on the forums. "

Glad to see I'm not the on one offended by forum numpties, even if I am one myself lol xx

over a year ago

We use the private note tool a lot..don't really like blocking unless the person is rude.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Just forget them as they forgot me

Except they look on occasion which drives the dagger in deeper. "

I usually block for this reason!

over a year ago

Forget them not worth the effort

over a year ago

I get this a lot. I'm a nice man and get passed by

over a year ago

just keep going forever I would ,let's face it not much effort involved winking is their ?

By *otty69Couple
over a year ago

bedford

Why do anything, certainly no need to block cause they havent responded, ignore them and move on...shouldnt you just block if they abusive or something, not cause you not got a reply.lol.x

By *lpha-and-FoxtrotCouple
over a year ago

Kettering

Get over it?

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Get over it? "

Just to clarify, the question was just about how people manage/administer their accounts. We are not crying ourselves to sleep if someone doesn't respond!

By *lpha-and-FoxtrotCouple
over a year ago

Kettering

"Get over it?

Just to clarify, the question was just about how people manage/administer their accounts. We are not crying ourselves to sleep if someone doesn't respond! "

Thought the sticky out tongue would denote it was a light hearted comment. If people don't reply they're probably not worth it. Plenty more fish and all that

over a year ago

Nobody messages us anyway... they look at our profile and move on.

I'm beginning to get a complex lol

over a year ago

"Nobody messages us anyway... they look at our profile and move on.

I'm beginning to get a complex lol "

hahaha snap join the club

over a year ago

If it happens it happens X people often blow hot and cold on here X

over a year ago

Didn't realise there was a notes function, how useful!!

over a year ago

Where is the notes section and how do we use it?

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

Slightly different but we had been approached recently.

Lovely cpl but we were not after the same thing.

I don't like to block as they were perfectly nice and lovely. But after I forget in a few weeks time it would save time to know that we were not into the same stuff.

To block or not to block that is the question?

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Where is the notes section and how do we use it?"

On mobile, click on their profile, if you want to make a note, click on menu (top right, under Browse) and then click Your Private Notes, type something in the box and click add note or save note. Then you will see an extra symbol next to their name, you can click on it to see what you wrote.

over a year ago

I have just seen that notes thing,, where did that come from? Bloody magic! And op,, I ignore winks and sometimes I bulk delete,, if you blocked me then, might miss out on a potential meet that was over looked

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"After you have winked someone and messaged them without a response, what do you do? Forget it? Add a private note to remind you? Or block them? I get this a lot. I'm a nice man and get passed by"

I'm a nice man too, but just move on if there is no interest, and don't fret or whine about it.

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"After you have winked someone and messaged them without a response, what do you do? Forget it? Add a private note to remind you? Or block them? I get this a lot. I'm a nice man and get passed by

I'm a nice man too, but just move on if there is no interest, and don't fret or whine about it."

Its not a question about fretting or whining! It was a question about how people run their account!

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I have just seen that notes thing,, where did that come from? Bloody magic! And op,, I ignore winks and sometimes I bulk delete,, if you blocked me then, might miss out on a potential meet that was over looked "

So you think message and or wink more than once?

over a year ago

"I have just seen that notes thing,, where did that come from? Bloody magic! And op,, I ignore winks and sometimes I bulk delete,, if you blocked me then, might miss out on a potential meet that was over looked

So you think message and or wink more than once? "

Haha I don't know it's difficult to say,, it didn't hurt to reply to people in my mind,, but I do often bulk delete, if I put a new pic up it goes crazy,, the notes thing I have never seen before,, it's bloody fantastic

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"After you have winked someone and messaged them without a response, what do you do? Forget it? Add a private note to remind you? Or block them? I get this a lot. I'm a nice man and get passed by

I'm a nice man too, but just move on if there is no interest, and don't fret or whine about it.

Its not a question about fretting or whining! It was a question about how people run their account! "

Yes I realise your posting was about managing your account and I do exactly as you do, but my posting was in reply to the one who claims to be a nice man who gets passed by...

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Put it down to experience and not take it personally, I've messaged someone some time much later(weeks) that I didn't get a reply from previously and they have replied.

It turns out that you lucky ladies get so many replies you don't always read them all, however if someone replied thanks but no thanks I wouldn't try again

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"I have just seen that notes thing,, where did that come from? Bloody magic! And op,, I ignore winks and sometimes I bulk delete,, if you blocked me then, might miss out on a potential meet that was over looked

So you think message and or wink more than once? "

nope - if they don't answer the message - fook em. Granted people have work, people have up and down schedules, but if you like the look of someone - there is always time to get back and say a hello...

By *henomenonMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Forget it move on you can still mail again in a month or so if they haven't blocked but just don't fret on it.

Post new Message to Thread