Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Fake?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi again all, just looking for your advice and experience really.

How do you tell if a profile is fake? I'm speaking to someone who I'm doubting to be real but I don't know all the 'signs'-if there are any...

They seem genuinely nice though which is why I wanted to ask you beautiful people before go doing anything hasty

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You could cam them to check they're really who they say they are? Or even phone them if you're not that fussed about looks.

I did a topic a while back that might help you as well.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/support/416732

over a year ago

Google image the pics and speak to them on cam.

over a year ago

Swap kik and ask for a pic of them doing a certain thing, like holding up a black cup or something, wouldn't be dishing out my phone number until I knew for sure they were genuine, is it a guy or girl?

By *eonardoLoveMan
over a year ago

London

Flagged verification is essential. I got messages from verified people and talked to them by phone, but they revealed to be timewasters

Yes the cam would help but it is much quicker a social meet up

over a year ago

You can tell by pics. I have seen a few recently where screen shots have been done and stupid enough to leave site logo so you can just about see it. I can sometimes tell based in the conversation. The way things are worded or even the grammar and spelling.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Tin eye reverse image search any pics works better then google but is not fallable as before ask for a pic holding a specific item ( newspaper magazine se toy) if it's a couple pic of them together preferably in underwear or less (no males using holiday beach snaps to pretend to be a couple ) cam on here Skype or other platform speak on the phone oh and only agree to meet in a public place close to you at your convenience

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Swap kik and ask for a pic of them doing a certain thing, like holding up a black cup or something, wouldn't be dishing out my phone number until I knew for sure they were genuine, is it a guy or girl?"

I only have a white cup I'm fake

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"Hi again all, just looking for your advice and experience really.

How do you tell if a profile is fake? I'm speaking to someone who I'm doubting to be real but I don't know all the 'signs'-if there are any...

They seem genuinely nice though which is why I wanted to ask you beautiful people before go doing anything hasty

"

What is making you think they could be fake?

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"

People don't like it for some reason but a quick Web Cam should be simple nowadays.

Everyone has a camera. If they can't do a simple Webcam they are probably fake.

I'm not taking about cybersex just a fully dress hi, wave how are you.

It's not fool proof but you will at least know if they are a close match to their pics and are a cpl.

over a year ago

Sometimes if you add them to whattsapp you can see if the pic there and on here match or not lol.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"Sometimes if you add them to whattsapp you can see if the pic there and on here match or not lol."

That happened to me. A guy I was chatting to. His profile was a black guy with pics of him.. Yet his what's app was a white guy lol

over a year ago

"Sometimes if you add them to whattsapp you can see if the pic there and on here match or not lol.

That happened to me. A guy I was chatting to. His profile was a black guy with pics of him.. Yet his what's app was a white guy lol"

lol yes, that is funny, but good how you can catch them out using it.

By *eonardoLoveMan
over a year ago

London

"Swap kik and ask for a pic of them doing a certain thing, like holding up a black cup or something, wouldn't be dishing out my phone number until I knew for sure they were genuine, is it a guy or girl?

I only have a white cup I'm fake"

That's it. Sorry

over a year ago

I would use skype.....if a person is scared to skype rhwn they are fake.....having the person show aspecific object is good to, however make them use the video mode in KIK people can manipulate pics but harder to do video and they refuse to do those two.....BACKOFF

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I don't use KIK and my Skype address is for family and vanilla friends only - does this mean I am fake? What's wrong with using the cam-chat facility which Fab provides in the chat rooms on here?

over a year ago

"I don't use KIK and my Skype address is for family and vanilla friends only - does this mean I am fake? What's wrong with using the cam-chat facility which Fab provides in the chat rooms on here?"

I agree as I am on skype and never use it for fabbers. Xx

over a year ago

The two pin flat American plug sockets in the background of the selfie is a dead givaway!!

over a year ago

"I don't use KIK and my Skype address is for family and vanilla friends only - does this mean I am fake? What's wrong with using the cam-chat facility which Fab provides in the chat rooms on here?"

Well said ! Non-fake non-Skypers here too.

over a year ago

"

and there's a big difference between how women write compared to men. But you can't always rely on that so as others have said, cam them or ask to meet BOTH of them at a club. But never meet them at your house.

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Genuine question because I don't use chat - can you do private cam to cam in chat? If not, that might be the reason people don't do it. I know I wouldn't, because I don't to broadcast myself to the whole of fab. But will happily do to FaceTime, Skype or any other video calling app that keeps the call private.

over a year ago

It can be difficult to spot all the fakes. We can spot the obvious ones, the rest we take a leap of faith and arrange to meet. But ALWAYS on neutral territory the first time.

over a year ago

There's an awful lot of assumptions going on here. Won't Skype/kik/whatsapp = fake? Tineye and Google reverse image don't often work - I've had a number of images checked with no results. Only one did! Yes a cam meet might show that they're genuine but it's so easy to manipulate the Internet. I don't know what to suggest other than go with your gut op. Think about why there's doubt but really, I'd just move on.

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

"Genuine question because I don't use chat - can you do private cam to cam in chat? "

You can't currently private cam in chat on Fab. However, people don't have to show their faces, they can show enough to demonstrate that they are not fake (i.e. that they match the profile for M, F, or MF and that profile pics are up-to-date). Once both parties are comfortable, face-pics can be shared by email, before a meet is confirmed.

Alternatively, they can use one of the little-used rooms (verified users, site supporters) to show face on cam, with little fear of compromising their privacy.

over a year ago

You can have more than one skype account, i've got several for several purposes, and it's easy to log in and out of them.

People can be fake over skype yes, but if you have an actual conversation with someone you can see right there and then then it seems pretty likely they genuinely are that person. And you can see what they look like at that exact time of interacting with them.

If they have no mic' then possibly they are a fake, that way they don't have to chat with you and you only see that person (who could be a video). But if they speak on mic then it's more likely they are real.

By *epper123Woman
over a year ago

London

I have never gone to any of those lengths, and as I have kids at home, would not do Skype or have a mic, also would not want someone to intrude into my real life, so rare to give my number away - how do you know I am not fake? From my verifications, surely?

over a year ago

"I have never gone to any of those lengths, and as I have kids at home, would not do Skype or have a mic, also would not want someone to intrude into my real life, so rare to give my number away - how do you know I am not fake? From my verifications, surely?"

Veris can be faked. People will just have to weigh up whether you're worth any risk or not. Different people have differing levels of trust as well, some will not trust veris and some will, trust is often based on previous experiences.

I also don't give out my number or cam or anything except make meets on here, i know guys meeting me for the first time are placing a lot of trust in me being genuine and luckily most guys do trust me so it's not a problem.

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Over-enthusiastic prolific-messaging 19 year old single female profiles with no veris and very athletic pictures always ring alarm bells. As do hi I'm the male half of the couple, my other half is away for the weekend but I'm texting her and she's really into this.

Other than that, it's more of a spidey-sense thing, where it just doesn't *feel* right.

I'd say be reasonable about how you check people out...some people do have valid reasons for not doing one kind of thing - no skype, don't want to give out phone number (we were on point of arranging meet with attractive couple, but they were set on whatsapping for a while before and we don't give out phone numbers unless we've got to know people), but you should be able to find one mutually agreeable way.

D.

over a year ago

"Sometimes if you add them to whattsapp you can see if the pic there and on here match or not lol."

My WhatsApp pic is of Honey Boo Boo so that would end badly for me!

over a year ago

"I would use skype.....if a person is scared to skype rhwn they are fake.....having the person show aspecific object is good to, however make them use the video mode in KIK people can manipulate pics but harder to do video and they refuse to do those two.....BACKOFF"

I absolutely hate webcam or Skype or video calling. Some of us are just more shy than others and find the whole cam thing awkward. I'd prefer to talk on the phone then meet in person.

over a year ago

"How do you tell if a profile is fake? I'm speaking to someone who I'm doubting to be real but I don't know all the 'signs'-if there are any...

"

We usually are suspicious of anyone who has been a member on the site for a while but isnt atleast photo verified.

Then there are the members who are photo verified but havent been verified in person.after a while on the site.

Having said that, we met a lovely couple recently who had been on the site for a few months but no photo verification, and very little on their profile purely because they had barely signed in since joining.

Basically, trust your gut instinct, don't give away too much about yourself to someone until you can verify they are who they claim to be.

Sasha x

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

OP, all we do now is to meet somewhere if it turns into a no show , we can still enjoy the day/evrning..connie x

over a year ago

If they sound too good to

Be true. Run

By *andS33Couple
over a year ago

Yorkshire

We wouldn't ever send photos to anyone in underwear or less with our faces showing. We don't have kik or whatsapp, don't do skype, facetime or show faces on cam in fab chatrooms. Never give phone number out to people we might possibly meet either. We must be fake

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I would use skype.....if a person is scared to skype rhwn they are fake.....having the person show aspecific object is good to, however make them use the video mode in KIK people can manipulate pics but harder to do video and they refuse to do those two.....BACKOFF"

I don't use Skype or video cam, yet somehow manage to meet people. Even managed to meet my other half here...We must both be figments of the others imagination!

over a year ago

I find asking for a social s some of them out.

Her

Post new Message to Thread