Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

iMessage or text issue

Jump to newest

By *ecretlyASoftie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I've upgraded my phone and also now got ios9 on both my business phone and play phone. My issue is messages from fab friends who have my play phone number are coming through to my business phone - not cool apple!! I want to have both phones linked to the same Apple ID for find my phone etc but if I give someone a mobile phone number I don't want that message to come through elsewhere!! Can anyone help me change the settings or turn whatever off I need to. This could get embarrassing...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've had that on my spare phone. I turned off iMessage and it stopped. That's fine for me cause I don't dish out that number but I'm not sure how you get round it with them both linked to your Apple ID.

I don't think they've thought it through.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

It is to do with IMessage luckily iPhone is play phone but don't have a work mobile

over a year ago

Both are iPhones both on Apple ID and no they haven't thought that through

Will turn off iMessage on both for now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Both are iPhones both on Apple ID and no they haven't thought that through

Will turn off iMessage on both for now"

You need separate I tunes accounts for each phone to be 100% sure

over a year ago

More of the consequences of giving Apple your personal info.

They follow you round like a bad conscience

. No idea why you use ur apple id -linking to your personal details - on a sex phone though ?

over a year ago

Try setting up a new ituens account and link them as a family account that way all apps will share but not messages. If you use a MacBook or an iPad or iPod touch it'll do the same thing

over a year ago

"More of the consequences of giving Apple your personal info.

. No idea why you use ur apple id -linking to your personal details - on a sex phone though ?"

To use find my phone - had one stolen in the past so like to use it. I'll set up a new iTunes account. Thanks for the advice

over a year ago

. No idea why you use ur apple id -linking to your personal details - on a sex phone though ?

To use find my phone - had one stolen in the past so like to use it. I'll set up a new iTunes account. Thanks for the advice "

As long as you know your log in details you can do find your phone from any iPhone. I do it to piss my dad off.

over a year ago

To use find my phone - had one stolen in the past so like to use it. I'll set up a new iTunes account. Thanks for the advice "

Yeah fair enough .

Good luck anyway - guess you could prob set up an iTunes account using 'less than 100% accurate' details?

I've never got round to that, just try keep my phone clear of data munching apps.

over a year ago

It's an easy fix.

You need to got to the settings part of you phone. Under messages there should be a 'send and receive' option.

Just highlight where you want each message to be received at on each individual phone.

over a year ago

From setting select message then scroll down click send/receive then you can see how many numbers or even email addresses have been linked together then choose the only one number on each phone.

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

Turn off the email address part of iMessage - so it only sends to the matching phone number.

I have 2 phones both on the same Apple ID and don't get any crossover.

Post new Message to Thread