Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

New to bondage. Help!

Jump to newest

By *im and her xo OP   Couple
over a year ago

Near Chelmsford

Me and my husband are looking to indulge more into bondage, s&m and bdsm but do not want to go to extremes. We have a few things such as nipple clamps, whips etc and I love a spanking and have recently discovered im more sub than dom (although I do like to reverse this sometimes)! We want to push some the boundaries more, Just unsure of where to go next?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Me and my husband are looking to indulge more into bondage, s&m and bdsm but do not want to go to extremes. We have a few things such as nipple clamps, whips etc and I love a spanking and have recently discovered im more sub than dom (although I do like to reverse this sometimes)! We want to push some the boundaries more, Just unsure of where to go next? "

B&Q and use your imagination.....

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"Me and my husband are looking to indulge more into bondage, s&m and bdsm but do not want to go to extremes. We have a few things such as nipple clamps, whips etc and I love a spanking and have recently discovered im more sub than dom (although I do like to reverse this sometimes)! We want to push some the boundaries more, Just unsure of where to go next? "

Wax play is the next thing I want to try with Paul

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

I would say role play is your next step fantasy and real a spanking with out a reason to do it is less of a turn on than a spanking for a reason .

I'E hubby catches you touching yourself while looking at profiles on here so administers a spanking among other things .

Its not the sex toys that define the s/m bondage its the mind set behind the use of them that's really important to keeping things very exciting .

There's lots going on behind the physical I would say explore that side of things with props of coarse but that's all they are props to the mind play .

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Consequence play is fun.

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"Consequence play is fun. "

You can say that again

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Consensual non consent. can be fun.

over a year ago

Oh not played with wax for a while, goes off to hunt for candles

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"Oh not played with wax for a while, goes off to hunt for candles "

Let me know how it goes

over a year ago

"Me and my husband are looking to indulge more into bondage, s&m and bdsm but do not want to go to extremes. We have a few things such as nipple clamps, whips etc and I love a spanking and have recently discovered im more sub than dom (although I do like to reverse this sometimes)! We want to push some the boundaries more, Just unsure of where to go next?

Wax play is the next thing I want to try with Paul "

It's great fun, make sure you use bondage candles as they burn at a lower temperature than household ones

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"Me and my husband are looking to indulge more into bondage, s&m and bdsm but do not want to go to extremes. We have a few things such as nipple clamps, whips etc and I love a spanking and have recently discovered im more sub than dom (although I do like to reverse this sometimes)! We want to push some the boundaries more, Just unsure of where to go next?

It's great fun, make sure you use bondage candles as they burn at a lower temperature than household ones "

Thank you for that xx

over a year ago

Try some rope, l would recommend Chanta Rose's Bondage for Sex . Then combine it with your other pleasures.

over a year ago

"

There's lots going on behind the physical I would say explore that side of things with props of coarse but that's all they are props to the mind play .

"

Definitely lots is to do with the mind. Also anticipation and not knowing what to expect , but knowing your safe at the same time. I found that reading some erotica or looking at images can give you ideas.

Like another poster above , wax play is next on my to do list! I have a sheet ready for the mess.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I was expecting the OP to be "New to bondage. Help! We've lost the key!"

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

B&Q and use your imagination..... "

other wise known on the scene as Bondage QUATERMASTERS

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Wax play is wax play... It is what it is, it is an evening. Maybe think about restrictions, as that is more or less what most bdsm play involves. Things like cling film, chain, duct tape, cuffs, spreaders, all place or hold someone in position with intention. That is where the eroticism lays... Well how you approach it at least. You don't throw the kitchen sink into play btw, one or two items and a lot of free time and thinking should have you both, smiling

over a year ago

It's great fun, make sure you use bondage candles as they burn at a lower temperature than household ones "

We started with those massage oil type candles and really liked it but bought bondage ones and despite being held at a big distance it still left me marked and one of them then acted like a sunburn and my skin peeled slightly. It was a set we got off LH. Lasted all of about 30 seconds, was not right at all. Been a bit put off since, do you think it was the candles or do I just have pansy skin? Maybe I just buy the massage oil ones...

By *orders2forUCouple
over a year ago

Hawick

Candle temps... be careful please..

Beeswax is much higher than paraffin wax and any candle sold for play should... note should have the temp on it. Melt point temp...Take care cos it can bloody hurt!

L2

over a year ago

Look around for fetish fairs, there is the Birmingham bizarre bazaar, and erotica at the olympia in London. Might do some interesting workshops that might inspire you

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

It's great fun, make sure you use bondage candles as they burn at a lower temperature than household ones

We started with those massage oil type candles and really liked it but bought bondage ones and despite being held at a big distance it still left me marked and one of them then acted like a sunburn and my skin peeled slightly. It was a set we got off LH. Lasted all of about 30 seconds, was not right at all. Been a bit put off since, do you think it was the candles or do I just have pansy skin? Maybe I just buy the massage oil ones..."

Use a barrier like cling film. I find it least painful and most sensual having wax on my breasts. I cannot bare it on my arms and legs. I have had cling film cover my chest and then it fully waxed and left to set.

Bondageman candles are good and there are loads of colours to choose from.

over a year ago

We started with those massage oil type candles and really liked it but bought bondage ones and despite being held at a big distance it still left me marked and one of them then acted like a sunburn and my skin peeled slightly. It was a set we got off LH. Lasted all of about 30 seconds, was not right at all. Been a bit put off since, do you think it was the candles or do I just have pansy skin? Maybe I just buy the massage oil ones...

Use a barrier like cling film. I find it least painful and most sensual having wax on my breasts. I cannot bare it on my arms and legs. I have had cling film cover my chest and then it fully waxed and left to set.

Bondageman candles are good and there are loads of colours to choose from. "

Will let R know. Thanks Lilac

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

Have you considered a collar and lead? For us, there is nothing more erotic than leading a woman around on her hands and knees as she crawls across the floor in a sexy manner...but many other people find it silly, and a real turn off. So it might be exciting for you to try, or not.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"Have you considered a collar and lead? For us, there is nothing more erotic than leading a woman around on her hands and knees as she crawls across the floor in a sexy manner...but many other people find it silly, and a real turn off. So it might be exciting for you to try, or not."

I get so turned on when Paul puts the collar and blindfold on me....total submission & anticipation is an intoxicating combination....just writing about it turns me on...

over a year ago

What about rope play?

over a year ago

Rope play is good for beginners.. have fun finding out the best positions.

Thin chains and padlocks are my thing.. no chance of escape

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

[Removed by poster at 28/09/15 17:55:17]

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Have you considered a collar and lead? For us, there is nothing more erotic than leading a woman around on her hands and knees as she crawls across the floor in a sexy manner...but many other people find it silly, and a real turn off. So it might be exciting for you to try, or not.

I get so turned on when Paul puts the collar and blindfold on me....total submission & anticipation is an intoxicating combination....just writing about it turns me on... "

Yes, we love it...we keep a spare collar and lead for guests too, and it's proved to be surprisingly popular!

over a year ago

"Have you considered a collar and lead? For us, there is nothing more erotic than leading a woman around on her hands and knees as she crawls across the floor in a sexy manner...but many other people find it silly, and a real turn off. So it might be exciting for you to try, or not.

I get so turned on when Paul puts the collar and blindfold on me....total submission & anticipation is an intoxicating combination....just writing about it turns me on...

Yes, we love it...we keep a spare collar and lead for guests too, and it's proved to be surprisingly popular! "

I am currently loving the idea of having my wrists bound and lead around a club like that. We don't use collars though.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Rope play is good for beginners.. have fun finding out the best positions.

Thin chains and padlocks are my thing.. no chance of escape "

for beginners I'd avoid rope, thin chain and especially padlocks. You could lose keys, ropes can cut into the skin or cut off circulation or knot and thin chain in the wrong position will draw into the skin. Better off with thicker gauge chain and D-clips, with some of the suggestions I mentioned above I'd say. Very easy to get out of if necessary

over a year ago

for beginners I'd avoid rope, thin chain and especially padlocks. You could lose keys, ropes can cut into the skin or cut off circulation or knot and thin chain in the wrong position will draw into the skin. Better off with thicker gauge chain and D-clips, with some of the suggestions I mentioned above I'd say. Very easy to get out of if necessary "

I disagree. Ropes are plenty safe and fun so long as some shears are to hand and some background reading has been done.

Plus in my opinion really add to the visual aspects of bondage

over a year ago

write a list each of things you'd like to try/ fantasise about.

restraint with shibari/tape/binds

pegging

spanking etc

you each get to pick a night to act out a fantasy/try some thing on the list without the other knowing.

The anticipation builds but you know the other person has some want for the idea.

pick a safe word! just in case things get led astray...

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

for beginners I'd avoid rope, thin chain and especially padlocks. You could lose keys, ropes can cut into the skin or cut off circulation or knot and thin chain in the wrong position will draw into the skin. Better off with thicker gauge chain and D-clips, with some of the suggestions I mentioned above I'd say. Very easy to get out of if necessary

I disagree. Ropes are plenty safe and fun so long as some shears are to hand and some background reading has been done.

Plus in my opinion really add to the visual aspects of bondage"

lol - mm nothing like a panic and some shears

I agree, we disagree

over a year ago

You don't need to spend a fortune to build up your toy box. I bought some good fun bits from Wilkinsons like a silicon spatula, a silicon pastry brush, a spray bottle and clothes pegs. All good for sensory play, not just pain.

over a year ago

Plus in my opinion really add to the visual aspects of bondage

lol - mm nothing like a panic and some shears

I agree, we disagree "

They aren't like garden shears, made for the job. And why would there be a panic, it's only some rope where if it starts to feel funny then it would be released.

over a year ago

B&Q and use your imagination..... "

D***

over a year ago

Clingfilm is very good so is insulation tape I was introduced to a bit of bondage last night it was fun and you do not realise how strong Clingfilm is

over a year ago

We both love the feel of heavy leather restraints and collar

over a year ago

I burst out laughing when I read the title of this thread

Imagining a couple of newbies tied in knots and desperately Fabbing for advice to set themselves free

By *restlerPhilxxxMan
over a year ago

Newton Abbot

probs stop me on ban me but best place for such info on bdsm is f3t l1fe swap No.s for letters i.e. 3 = e and 1 = i a place you can meet fellow kinkster local to you at munches and clubs etc in your local area

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

They aren't like garden shears, made for the job. And why would there be a panic, it's only some rope where if it starts to feel funny then it would be released."

Look, I don't know how experience you are with rope, but by the sounds of it you haven't got any. For beginners, you want something with a quick release. You want to flirt with the idea of restraint - that is if this couple even want to dabble with restraint. Getting cuffs, or something that has a mechanism for release is easy to get out of. Duct tape is usually put over mouths or nipples so again is easily taken off quickly if needed, chain can be removed in seconds. Cling film is again something that won't be placed in an area a beginner that will threaten life with. Rope on the other hand, if you are bound, tied, or positioned someone wrong and you need to get them out quick; simply due to the lengths involved - takes an absolute age to get them out of (and that is for someone experienced). If circulation is cut off, pain then panic happens quite quickly and the potential of getting prodded by some scissors is not something that is of any use when you need to get untethered. There are far more easier options available - and sexier.

You can hardly justify it as 'it's only some rope - if it starts to feel funny it'll be ok'.. quite poor. Rope is a toy that can be used well, or terribly imo.

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

"

They aren't like garden shears, made for the job. And why would there be a panic, it's only some rope where if it starts to feel funny then it would be released.

Look, I don't know how experience you are with rope, but by the sounds of it you haven't got any. For beginners, you want something with a quick release. You want to flirt with the idea of restraint - that is if this couple even want to dabble with restraint. Getting cuffs, or something that has a mechanism for release is easy to get out of. Duct tape is usually put over mouths or nipples so again is easily taken off quickly if needed, chain can be removed in seconds. Cling film is again something that won't be placed in an area a beginner that will threaten life with. Rope on the other hand, if you are bound, tied, or positioned someone wrong and you need to get them out quick; simply due to the lengths involved - takes an absolute age to get them out of (and that is for someone experienced). If circulation is cut off, pain then panic happens quite quickly and the potential of getting prodded by some scissors is not something that is of any use when you need to get untethered. There are far more easier options available - and sexier.

You can hardly justify it as 'it's only some rope - if it starts to feel funny it'll be ok'.. quite poor. Rope is a toy that can be used well, or terribly imo. "

Rope is very different from using cuffs, tape etc. Totally different mentality and different play. Cuffs and tape are great for fast or feisty play when you want to get into your scene quickly. Rope is much more sensual and sedate.

I fully agree with Firestarter.

Rope is fine. There are great video son YouTube for beginners. You don't need anything elborate to start with. Make sure when you try something new together you constantly feedback how it's feeling. Don't over tighten and don't stay rigged for too long. If you get cramp, then untie and move. Every experienced kinkster I know has scissors or a knife to hand when using rope. I have medical scissors. They are really tough and can cut through rope but have a flat base that you put against the skin. I think they were £2 on that auction site.

Other suggestions for play (I'm sorry if they are a repeat but I've not read the full thread)

Sensory deprevation (using blindfolds, ear defenders etc) sensory stimulation (different things in skin like ice, wax, heat, feathers, toothbrush, I even use different paint brushes)

Roleplay, especially for spanking scenarios. Orgasm control and denial, task setting for rewards.

over a year ago

"

You can hardly justify it as 'it's only some rope - if it starts to feel funny it'll be ok'.. quite poor. Rope is a toy that can be used well, or terribly imo. "

Haven't got any. Ok... can't be us that the pics and veri talks about.

I didn't even suggest the rope but we are hardly talking about neck pieces like I'm wearing in my avatar. They want some ideas to expand, a simple harness or wrist cuff, with as I said before, a set of safety shears and some background reading (which will cover basics on how to check it's not too tight etc) is not going to be panic inducing.

And yes, from experience wrist restraints can start to feel a little funny, this is more likely to be down to pressure points and a quick word with the person tying it should be able to resolve it with no need for cutting.

More over a tie like a cats paw on the wrists doesn't even sit tight to the skin as it's designed so that the bunny can grasp the knot and pull on it and the weight is all then in the palm of the hand holding the knot rather than on the wrist. It is far more comfortable when being restrained to an upright with hands higher than he as than cuffs imo... and that is from experience. I struggle to spend any time on a cross in cuffs but have been restrained to a piece of kit in another dungeon for well over an hour using a cats paw.

If you're talking instead a simple crotch harness with a little clit knot. That can be tied really simply by beginners, again isn't tied tightly so won't be cutting off circulation but does feel fantastic and can be worn under outfits.

More complex harnesses for the body and breasts can be experimented with or maybe even a dragon fly sleeve again is a reasonably loose fitting restraint that looks and feels amazing and will do less damage than a leather wrist cuff attaching someone above their heads or being pulled on in the heat of the moment.

As far as the shears. I'm talking about the safety shears that have rounded ends and are used by medical for removing clothes in emergencies. You'd be going some to stab them into anyone and would make light work of shibari rope.

So yeah let's talk about the threat of life over a quick and fun crotch harness

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Pmsl. So you agree in all that- mechanisms are easier to move quickly over rope! Thank. Fuck!

over a year ago

"Pmsl. So you agree in all that- mechanisms are easier to move quickly over rope! Thank. Fuck! "

If you're talking to me I never said that mechanisms are quicker or slower. I said by over dramatisation on a subject that you appear to lack basic knowledge on (back at you) is not helpful to the OP or anyone else reading the thread.

Rather than being condescending to those who disagree with your view point, I've given a few example of simple and more advance techniques that are safe. Why don't you give the examples that aren't, specially knot types and techniques so anyone reading this with an interest can understand both what to do and what not to do?

If you don't have that level of knowledge with rope work just shout up and we can do it for you... always here to help

over a year ago

Near Chelmsford

Thanks for all the advice and tips! Excited to try a few different ideas!

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Will let R know. Thanks Lilac "

Also put some distance between the candle and the person. I like to drip the candle little by little with the other person watching. The focus and anticipation on when the candle is going to drip is....

over a year ago

Will let R know. Thanks Lilac

Also put some distance between the candle and the person. I like to drip the candle little by little with the other person watching. The focus and anticipation on when the candle is going to drip is.... "

Thanks. That was the one thing he had done, he held it apparently a good distance away (I was blindfolded), had an ice cube too to rub on and I still had a problem which isn't like me, tbf, I've never reacted in a way for him to stop play immediately before.

Perhaps it was the candles, like I say they were the bondage candles from lovehoney so I think I'll take Lilac up on her suggestion and give it one more go.

Even those little massage oil ones are great, just wanted something a bit more for extra sensations. Got more than I bargained for though lol!

over a year ago

I love the title of this post. I keep seeing it and imagine the OP is trussed up like a chicken, one digit typing for advice on how to get free

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Pmsl. So you agree in all that- mechanisms are easier to move quickly over rope! Thank. Fuck!

If you're talking to me I never said that mechanisms are quicker or slower. I said by over dramatisation on a subject that you appear to lack basic knowledge on (back at you) is not helpful to the OP or anyone else reading the thread.

Rather than being condescending to those who disagree with your view point, I've given a few example of simple and more advance techniques that are safe. Why don't you give the examples that aren't, specially knot types and techniques so anyone reading this with an interest can understand both what to do and what not to do?

If you don't have that level of knowledge with rope work just shout up and we can do it for you... always here to help "

you could have kept that to; 'always here to help with a load of stuff that doesn't apply to a beginner whatsoever just so I do not have to agree with someone but actually agree with someone in an attempt to prove a point I have dont shit with shears?'

over a year ago

Near Chelmsford

Ive been stuck here for three days!....??

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

get the shears!!!!!!!! lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/09/15 10:14:29]

over a year ago

"Pmsl. So you agree in all that- mechanisms are easier to move quickly over rope! Thank. Fuck!

If you don't have that level of knowledge with rope work just shout up and we can do it for you... always here to help

you could have kept that to; 'always here to help with a load of stuff that doesn't apply to a beginner whatsoever just so I do not have to agree with someone but actually agree with someone in an attempt to prove a point I have dont shit with shears?' "

What element didn't apply to beginners? The simple knots and techniques they could Google and try out that are both safe and recommended.

If I agreed with you I'd leave you to make a valid point. I disagree with you trying to turn a sensual and erotic past time into a life threatening sensationalist thread to draw attention to yourself by over egging the perceived risks.

If someone had said take a rope collar and lead each other round by it then yes there would be risk to life if done incorrectly.

Instead a cats paw or a crotch harness as ideas that beginners could master within half an hour and where the two involved spend time in close proximity focusing on a new activity letting the sexual tension build... no sorry hang on? I get it. You think that the posters haven't a shred of intelligence between them and couldn't master such a simple tie... Aw that's just mean. They look like normal folks to me.

By the way guys don't ever enter a building with a fire extinguisher. By having a safety mechanism close that almost 100% of the time doesn't get used, that MUST mean that it's inherently dangerous.

Not that for the sake of less than the price of rope you may as well have a set.... also rope typically comes in 10 m lengths. A rope would normally be tied off then cut to length... but no no guys them shears make it super scary... not just something you'll need to play with anyway.

Mr C. You've not added to anything further about rope since I disagreed, merely slagged me off. I suggest we let the OP have their thread back and you can continue your attitude to me in private if you like.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

OP, I often hold the view when writing, that if you go into a room of 6 editors you will come out with 8 different perspectives.

We all have our preferences around play, however we never loose focus who we are playing with.

Rational thought, experimentation and total focus on the sub would be my advise. Once the Dom starts coming from their own head on what they want and loose focus, that's when things could go wrong.

Need to change that number of perspectives from 8 to 9 now.

By *nder lock and KeyCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Jesus things are so serious here,

Just enjoy yourself, and stay safe.....

over a year ago

After reading the ' rope ' threads above i think any body or bodies lol should play safe and buy themselves some nice leather wrist and anckle cuffs just for starters of course .

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Jesus things are so serious here,

Just enjoy yourself, and stay safe....."

By *skentcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Dartford

Dv8 Fetish club at Club Xs, near medway services in Kent would be worth a look for you guys. Next Fetish night is friday 30th October. The BDSM was being played for real rather than how a lot of folk play for fun in swingers clubs. (swingers meet on a different night)I found it quite fascinating.

Dx

Post new Message to Thread