Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Short notice meets

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello guys hoping for a little advice from people in a similar situation.

I am very fortunate to have a job that takes me all over the country. I can be somewhere different every day.

Because of this alot of my meets will be short notice and I am finding it very difficult to arrange one. Some of the people I have spoken with do want to but can't make that nigh and 9 times out of 10 I wont be there the following night.

I used to have a different profile here a few years back and had no problems on there but I wasnt travelling then.

I know other than filtering by meet today can anybody suggest anything else?

Thanks.

Dave.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ppleby11Couple
over a year ago

Berkhamsted

Don't forget the usefulness of the hotlist. If on your perusing you find people, like ourselves, who have a tendency for spontaneity then add them to your hotlist. That way their status updates appear on your timeline .... if something ticks your fancy you then have the opportunity of offering up. May assist.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I assume you get some kind of notice as to where you will be?

Plan ahead.

Simple.

A

over a year ago

Good idea. I have never used it before.

At the start of the week I normally have a quick search of the places I will be in so can pick out the ones I like

over a year ago

"I assume you get some kind of notice as to where you will be?

Plan ahead.

Simple.

A"

Not alot of notice but my location can be somewhere different every day mon - fri.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I assume you get some kind of notice as to where you will be?

Plan ahead.

Simple.

A

Not alot of notice but my location can be somewhere different every day mon - fri.

"

But how far in advance will you know where you will be on any particular day - eg when will you know where you will be on Friday?

I guess the earlier you can look the better but you're right, not everyone wants short notice meets so obviously your pool of potential meets will be smaller.

The meets and requests section of the site might be your friend here, good luck in your search!

over a year ago

Do you never visit the same location twice?

Make friends and chat to people in the area you are visiting so next time you visit the same place you can message in advance and tell them you are in the area.

over a year ago

I used to travel all over the UK as well, and I always knew on Friday where I would be every day, I would then book the hotel for each destination.

I then spent the weekend putting up meet requests for each destination.

I have to say I was very very lucky and had lots of great meets and made some great friends.

Be aware though not everyone likes a guy just passing thru so expect some curt responses back lol.

Good luck and hope you have fun.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

we meet business travellers but tends to be ones who know availability weeks or more in advance. Never meet same day with someone new, used to but various no-shows ensure we now don't good luck OP

Post new Message to Thread