Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Spotting Fakes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone got any tried and tested methods of quickly separating the fakes from the real people on here?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, but I'd like to know if anyone else has

over a year ago

Yeah. Young fem profiles with one verif from men that only have that same verif. Thats one type.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Has anyone got any tried and tested methods of quickly separating the fakes from the real people on here?!

"

It depends what you mean by fake.

I can spot a man pretending to be a woman from 100 paces by the tone of his messages and the questions he asks.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I suppose they could potentially be men posing as women.

I'm sus of most people and before I message someone I'll read their verifications and their verifications, verifications how ever one recently I've been a little unsure about. they have two veri's within a week (plus photo verified) one of them is from someone else whos been on here a week and the others surprisingly got their profile on private!

Add to that they couldn't meet as they had tonsillitis and when asking for a particular type of pic (that's usually my way to spot them) their KIK is "playing up"!

over a year ago

Kik is good. Ask for face pic sucking thumb etc.

over a year ago

As a genuine 100percent single woman.Ask me to send a photo sucking my thumb I would immediately block.Some of us don t want to play silly sods on kik why don't you just have a social meet you lose nothing.

over a year ago

Being asked to jump through hoops to prove I'm 'real' is something I loathe.

If someone is so determined that they want proof, I post my verifications for ten minutes then block them.

I wouldn't mind people asking, if they weren't so horrible when they did so.

over a year ago

"As a genuine 100percent single woman.Ask me to send a photo sucking my thumb I would immediately block.Some of us don t want to play silly sods on kik why don't you just have a social meet you lose nothing."

It was an example

over a year ago

"Being asked to jump through hoops to prove I'm 'real' is something I loathe.

If someone is so determined that they want proof, I post my verifications for ten minutes then block them.

I wouldn't mind people asking, if they weren't so horrible when they did so."

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Kik is good. Ask for face pic sucking thumb etc."

I'm not making pics to order, and wouldn’t dream of enforcing that on anyone else.

The type of pic is not the issue!

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

People without avatar pics can be a bit dodgy

over a year ago

Men pretending to be women still talk and act like men. there's only subtle differences but you can spot them if you talk to many men or get loads of messages and have an idea of what men talk like

don't really like giving out info in case fakes see it and up their tactics, but with experience you should be able to tell.

over a year ago

couple of tips that they can't up their tactics on:

ask them if you can call them or cam with them. if they're genuine you should be able to chat with them and have a proper conversation. if they have no sound for cam and can't, or don't, seem to be able to converse with you then they might be a video.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Has anyone got any tried and tested methods of quickly separating the fakes from the real people on here?!

"

Yep; guys who have joined 6 months ago but only have 1 published verification

By *acLe0dMan
over a year ago

Preston

Lack of a profile pic, suspect age range i.e. 18-99. Fill in later yet remains still to be filled in months later.

As for period of time one might expet a shorter time from single women/couples than men. Though any number of reaons could impact on length of time, people might stay around for a while then leave and come back. Though using the forums can help to prove that a profile isn't fake.

over a year ago

I find verifications from other fabswingers proves their genuine. And ones I have met have been verified.

over a year ago

Profiles putting up Meet Today almost on a daily basis...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,

over a year ago

Yep; guys who have joined 6 months ago but only have 1 published verification"

Utter nonsense.

And there is no perfect method, there is only a gut feeling gained from experience.

By *rish_And_BlondieCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool and Ireland

A woman knows how a woman talks. For starters we don't sit typing oh hi babe ur hot....

No. Just no. You can tell immediately from language, shortness of sentences. The message should immediately tell you!

Some are just hilarious!!!

over a year ago

"...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,"

I have two veris which aren't visible. One from a member who has left, so it disappears.

One I've chosen to keep private as it's intimate and nobody's effing business.

I'm neither a fake or a timewaster. I am however select and discreet.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,

I have two veris which aren't visible. One from a member who has left, so it disappears.

I'm neither a fake or a timewaster. I am however select and discreet."

I totally agree.

Having older verifications or hiding your verifications is absolutely no indicator of being fake.

There are good reasons for both of these.

I suppose that different people have different methods of detecting fakes but there is no universal method and got instinct and intelligence played a major role here.

over a year ago

"...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,

Taking part of my sentence that suits you?..There is a start to my comment...may help to read that too...

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

"A woman knows how a woman talks. For starters we don't sit typing oh hi babe ur hot....

No. Just no. You can tell immediately from language, shortness of sentences. The message should immediately tell you!

Some are just hilarious!!! "

Thats ok for us but I don't think most men are able to differentiate between the writing styles. My boyfriend is terrible at it. He's always saying "look at the message I just got, she's hot!" I just look like this at him and say fake!

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

I don't have as many verifications as I've had meets, and the most recent meet was much more recent that the last verification. I also have personal reasons why I can't meet often. It doesn't make me a fake or time waster either.

over a year ago

Keep an eye on local updates, there is often a familiar update of 'just hubby available to play' or something similar, request early phone contact with females or the female of couples. Most people who are genuine will happily speak for a few minutes if they are serious about meeting you. Paper trailing with veris is also helpful and often reveals more about your potential meet than any profile text. If it's fake men you want to spot they will let themselves down quite quickly by trying to talk dirty or asking for more pics. Hoping this is helpful all

over a year ago

I'm neither a fake or a timewaster. I am however select and discreet.

Taking part of my sentence that suits you?..There is a start to my comment...may help to read that too..."

Good point.

There is absolutely sod all about anything you wrote that proves a profile is fake or a timewaster.

Better now?

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Utter nonsense.

And there is no perfect method, there is only a gut feeling gained from experience."

No; you don't know what you are talking about. How many guys have you contacted and tried to meet

Guys with 6 month old profiles with only one verification on display are most likely to be fakes

By *ihimbiherCouple
over a year ago

lightwater

"A woman knows how a woman talks. For starters we don't sit typing oh hi babe ur hot....

Some are just hilarious!!! "

Hi babe

Lol

By *ischief ManagedCouple
over a year ago

manchester

Its the fukin timewasters that get our gripe up.few days of chatting pic swaps etc ... Arrange a meet and they just dissapear off the face of earth.

over a year ago

I don't think there is a tryed n tested method just go with your gut. I've had fantastic meets from newbies with no picks or VeriS n shite meets from men with VeriS n pics. Also had men pretending to be women or couples even had a man pretending to be a ripped God n he has turned out to be my bbf even tho his profile is complete bollocks.

Never judge a book by it's cover x

over a year ago

Yep; guys who have joined 6 months ago but only have 1 published verification"

That will be most single guys who join then!

By *acLe0dMan
over a year ago

Preston

Someone should write a book 101 ways to spot a fake profile.

A lack of meets doesn't always indicate a fake profile, all parties have to click with each other don't they. Some people will click with others more easily than others

Besides it's easy enough to fake verfications should one want to.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

That will be most single guys who join then!"

Well, in that case .....

..... I am off to the clubs

By *enuinetallstuMan
over a year ago

nr beauly

We ask for veris , face pic and mobile number that clears 95% of fakes x

over a year ago

Utter nonsense.

And there is no perfect method, there is only a gut feeling gained from experience.

No; you don't know what you are talking about. How many guys have you contacted and tried to meet

Guys with 6 month old profiles with only one verification on display are most likely to be fakes"

It can take guys that long to get their first meet. It took me over a year. And she didn't verify me! Was a blooming coffee meet an all.

over a year ago

Utter nonsense.

Guys with 6 month old profiles with only one verification on display are most likely to be fakes"

Unfortunately there's been a few. Maybe my profile and veris (all female) gives off the wrong vibe.

For the record, I've never been confused.

over a year ago

Utter nonsense.

Guys with 6 month old profiles with only one verification on display are most likely to be fakes

It can take guys that long to get their first meet. It took me over a year. And she didn't verify me! Was a blooming coffee meet an all."

This.

I bet you bought the coffee too.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Utter nonsense.

Unfortunately there's been a few. Maybe my profile and veris (all female) gives off the wrong vibe.

For the record, I've never been confused. "

Sure about that?

By *o30Woman
over a year ago

Lincoln

"Profiles putting up Meet Today almost on a daily basis...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,"
I don't show any of my veri's as it's no ones business who I meet, guess I'm a fake then ....

....oh well worth a shot, sorry I wasted everyone's time by meeting them

over a year ago

Thats ok for us but I don't think most men are able to differentiate between the writing styles. My boyfriend is terrible at it. He's always saying "look at the message I just got, she's hot!" I just look like this at him and say fake!"

over a year ago

"

"Real women" have hissy fits when men talk to them. Apparently.

Trust your gut instinct.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

[Removed by poster at 05/09/15 20:52:49]

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"

. If a profile is less than fifteen lines I tend to ignore it as there is insufficient information on which to judge the member ..

over a year ago

"

Following the Ashley Madison fuck up a statistics company looked into all the profiles of the 4 million profiles they established that there were only around 1500 genuine single female profiles that were logged into the week before the site was hacked. with those kind of odds I am glad I am not single

By *rish_And_BlondieCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool and Ireland

. If a profile is less than fifteen lines I tend to ignore it as there is insufficient information on which to judge the member .."

over a year ago

Utter nonsense.

For the record, I've never been confused.

Sure about that? "

Positive.

over a year ago

Notice more couples profiles with a lack of female pics, and lots of cock pics, no verifications, wouldn't waste our time on them, also couples profiles where the lady always unavailable

over a year ago

Thats ok for us but I don't think most men are able to differentiate between the writing styles. My boyfriend is terrible at it. He's always saying "look at the message I just got, she's hot!" I just look like this at him and say fake!"

Bwahahahaha.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"

Simple.

One phonecall.

The end.

over a year ago

"Profiles putting up Meet Today almost on a daily basis...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,"

I was thinking this as well. Seen a few in my area put up a 'Meet today' every single day. How is that even possible ? lol

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Profiles putting up Meet Today almost on a daily basis...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,

I was thinking this as well. Seen a few in my area put up a 'Meet today' every single day. How is that even possible ? lol"

Unemployed

over a year ago

"Profiles putting up Meet Today almost on a daily basis...and have hidden veris or veris a few years old...maybe not fake in true sense but mostly time wasters,,

I was thinking this as well. Seen a few in my area put up a 'Meet today' every single day. How is that even possible ? lol

Unemployed"

Unemployable.....

over a year ago

Utter nonsense.

Absolute rubbish!

If you think anyone can spot a fake, then you and they are deluded. You simply do not know or cannot tell.

Verifications, or lack of mean jack! No really, they mean nothing.

The same as hiding them means nothing either. It's akin to waking up the next day after a night on the town, knowing that you ended up with a right minger. LOL!

And... I had a conversation with someone only last week, claiming to be a couple. They where verified, but the conversation seemed a bit suspect, so I went back and checked their profile again. They'd only joined fab that day. That means nothing in itself, but when I mentioned that something just didn't seem right, they stopped posting and deleted their account.

Can't put my finger on it exactly, but I got a feeling that something just wasn't right.

So, no - there is no method, as mentioned above. Gut instinct is probably better than all the amateur clouseau methods that you seem to have come up with.

over a year ago

Utter nonsense.

Or just very selective with whom they meet?

over a year ago

Unemployed"

or people with FAB on their mobiles!

over a year ago

I get the impression most people think I'm fake because I'm new and dont have any veris, gota start somwhere,I get treated like a dog sometimes but hey ho, I'm getting on with few decent people.....im just hoping they're not fake.

By *acLe0dMan
over a year ago

Preston

Utter nonsense.

Guys with 6 month old profiles with only one verification on display are most likely to be fakes Or just very selective with whom they meet?"

I recommend they visit a Doctor immediatly, as they must be something wrong. All joking aside men can be just as selective as women and couples can be.

But is that a behaviour we normally assoicate with males?

By *laire tv for funTV/TS
over a year ago

Alfreton

totally agree with u, it does stand out a mile weve had loads, im sure they think ur totally stupid or somethin haha

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

I was thinking this as well. Seen a few in my area put up a 'Meet today' every single day. How is that even possible ? lol"

. Maybe someone who is very well organised and plans things well. Lifes achievers tend to do lots of different things .

over a year ago

Unemployed or people with FAB on their mobiles!"

That's me.... Bugger I'm an unemployed unemployable time wasting fake. Wahahahaha. Busted.

over a year ago

No photo is creepy joined within weeks or a year no meets , avoidin an actual time and place askin dirty and not answerin directly , excuses and beatin round every bush

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Think of the old saying 'if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is'!

And guys, stop thinking for a moment with your little head, step back and look at the situation with your big head for a moment, and I am sure the word 'fake' will scream at you!!! Easy to get carried away when you think that getting a shag is on the cards!

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

people with cum cock photos..lol..connie x

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

when they start wanting to play ping pong messaging and start talking dirty

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

When they start getting defensive on forums

By *punky-guyMan
over a year ago

Farnborough

I only have one meet on my veris but can assure all I am genuine. As a guy I just find it hard to get meets and not all my meets offer a verification in anycase.

My filters for fakes is no photos of play with others and webcam only veris.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/09/15 11:35:20]

over a year ago

I think it's impossible to have a way of telling.

We have only been members of this site for just over a week or so now, yet we already have a veri. This is because I have known and played with a fab member for some time before joining.

That being said, I don't think a very counts for that much. I understand there are possibly genuine people who have no veris and 'fake' people who have a few veris.

We communicated with someone recently about meeting up and we had confirmed location, time etc and then the person pulled out on the morning of the social after we had forwarded face shots etc. They may or may not have been genuine but we are not going to lose sleep over it. Shame and a bit frustrating, because it has wasted time when Mr mdms43 and I are both busy people and we had made arrangements for childcare to make the meet possible.

I'd say I would ask to have a brief conversation on the phone first - but really until you get there and you've met in person, there is really no way of telling.

Good luck.

Emmm x

over a year ago

Don't believe all verifications anyway as some can be over exaggerated and too much detail is off putting .Fake people have old pics don't update and old verifications and there profile hidden .

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Google image their pics. If they're from the internet (like some gay website or porn photo site) then they're not going to look like you expected them to. If they arrange meets then constantly cancel them, they're definitely not who you think they are. If they're 21 year old single females with one pic and a profile lifted straight from an erotic website, then they're not women.

Not everyone shows their verifications, not everyone cams or chats on the phone (I don't, and I defy anyone to think I don't meet), not everyone has the time, chance, or motivation for regular meets. As with everything else, its up to us to make a judgment based on normal human behaviour.

over a year ago

perhaps message some of the peeps on there verifications asking if there genuine.......

over a year ago

"When they start getting defensive on forums "

I noticed that too

Post new Message to Thread