Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Winks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

in trying to make friends i have tended to wink at those im interested in in the hope they wink back

my feelings are that if they wink back then they've obviously liked what they've seen and then i will take the leap and send a message to see what develops from there

i didnt want to be so presumptious as to invite them as friends first because then i may run the risk of being blocked etc etc.....

Is this wrong? Please give ur advice

Thanx

Gem x x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

I don't think what you're doing is wrong at all,and your reasoning seems logical,but lots of people don't like winks and think they are a lazy way of making contact,they prefer to receive a message rather than a wink

Everyone is different though and there are also those that will use the wink system as you have

over a year ago

maybe i should just start sending messages to these people but there are so many im interested in that my fingers would be sore!!!!

over a year ago

No you're not wrong in sending a wink, after all, that's why they are there.

But ...

A lot of people are not keen on winks and tend to ignore them, and others tend not to check them or simply overlook them

The best and most efficient way to contact someone is by sending a message (Not a friends request- send that later after contact has been established) and see what happens. Don't get too down in the mouth if they don't reply - it happens, but at least you can look at your sent messages and see if it has been read or not - you cannot do that with a wink.

If there is no response from a message, it's probably best to take it as a 'no thanks'

Hope this helps ....

over a year ago

i usually delete winks i have winks off ppl i know but if winks have never messaged me i just delete em the same as if i get friend invites without chatting first i delete. prefer messages anytime, well prefer real thing but messages are a good start lol

over a year ago

It does mention in some profiles that they will not respond to winks and friends invites and for that reason i dont wink its not that i dont want to just that it takes time to compose a message saying all i wanna say.

over a year ago

I've only just noticed you are on a single female profile but you appear to be a couple ...

Am I right or is it just my imagination playing tricks ?

over a year ago

yeah i had created my profile before i met my partner.

We werent sure what to do whether to just use mine and make the profile clear or whether we need to eventually create a couples profile.

over a year ago

To be honest, and this isn't meant to sound nasty in any way shape or form, but I'd ask admin if they can change it to a couple profile, alternatively you could delete this one and make a new one.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because a lot of people do get their backs up when they see either a couple posing as a single fem or a guy posing as woman - you know how it is ? It can appear if there is something shifty happening ..

xx

over a year ago

yeah i can understand that

how do i contact admin tho? if i were to delete this profile and recreate it would i be able to use the same profile name?

over a year ago

"yeah i can understand that

how do i contact admin tho? if i were to delete this profile and recreate it would i be able to use the same profile name?"

Just go to the bottom of any page, to the blue bar and in small letter at the end you'll see the word 'contact' click on the like and it will take you straight to admins message page.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to use the same name, but one problem in creating a new profile would be that you'd look like a brand new member, so I'd try to get Admin to change your existing profile if possible. I'm sure that they will do it for you ..

over a year ago

i have sent them a message so fingers crossed they can do something although it states they dont respond to personal requests!!

thank you for ur suggestions tho

over a year ago

No problem. I'm sure SJ_Mark will sort it for you - they are usually very very good

Good luck

By *eavensg84uCouple
over a year ago

Harrow

Back to winking - you dont have to write an essay when you reply to an ad, but 2-3 lines to say what you liked about their profile (their interests, where they live, what they look like) will work 10 times better than a wink.

Your comment that you'd get sore fingers if you typed a message to everyone you wink at is exactly why we dont like winks - a wink implies that you've sent one to 100 couples already and that you probably havent even read our profile. If you cant be arsed to write a reply, I cant be arsed to respond!

Winks might work for some people but you're reducing your chances if its what you rely on.

Post new Message to Thread