Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Manners and Safety

Jump to newest

By *rinhue OP   Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Hey Fabbers!

Quick question I've been having issues around lately. Given that I want to look out for my partner, is it impolite to ask people to verify their faces even if they're photo verified?

We had this problem recently with a couple that I am 100% certain was one non-English man showing a video over Skype. The video was non-responsive, the girl was dropping her clothes from the off regardless of the conversation, there was no guy and the words were at best illegible.

I worry about my partner being filmed or in any way embarrassed. I asked for a verification and said I'd wait until they were available and the stream of abuse I received was quite incredible.

So am I in the wrong here? Should I just trust photo verification even if the system doesn't seem hard to fool?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you worry about your partner being filmed if you cam the only way I know to prevent it is not to do it.

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

You can ask for whatever you want if it makes you feel secure and comfortable

Whether you get it or not is another matter

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"You can ask for whatever you want if it makes you feel secure and comfortable

Whether you get it or not is another matter "

Yes that's about right with almost everything on here I'd say.

If something feels wrong it usually is but also the most seemingly trustworthy person can pull a fast one. The golden rule with photos or cams is if you have something to lose by people seeing them don't do it on the net.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"If you worry about your partner being filmed if you cam the only way I know to prevent it is not to do it. "

Agree with this

over a year ago

"... Given that I want to look out for my partner, is it impolite to ask people to verify their faces even if they're photo verified?....

So am I in the wrong here? Should I just trust photo verification even if the system doesn't seem hard to fool?"

Of course it's not impolite to do your own verification checks, and any genuine swinger should understand this.

You don't see people's photo-verification photos, so all PV tells you is that the correct number of each gender stood there, with their site-name on a sign. There's nothing to stop them later showing a video of someone else, over Skype.

It's perfectly reasonable to want to see a live feed of members' faces, before you decide to take things any further.

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

There's plenty of real genuine people on the swing scene you will realise you can trust to the level you need to be doing this.

If and whenever anyone causes doubt, concern go with your gut feeling. Whenever someone comes along that your comfy with you will certainly know and no doubt move from on from there

over a year ago

What relevance is that you think it was a non-english man?

And surely you should just trust your instincts?

Post new Message to Thread