Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

House Party Etiquette

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi People

We are thinking of going to a private house party this weekend. This is something I have not done before. The hosts have said they will supply alcoholic drinks and snacks etc! What is the done thing here, do we take a bottle too? I would do that in the real world anyway? Do we offer to make a financial contribution to the alcohol they are providing, or would that cause offence?

Any regular house party guests who know the etiquette , your thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

Many Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hi People

We are thinking of going to a private house party this weekend. This is something I have not done before. The hosts have said they will supply alcoholic drinks and snacks etc! What is the done thing here, do we take a bottle too? I would do that in the real world anyway? Do we offer to make a financial contribution to the alcohol they are providing, or would that cause offence?

Any regular house party guests who know the etiquette , your thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

Many Thanks "

Contact them and ask. And certainly take whatever you will be drinking.

By *leasures4Couple
over a year ago

East midlands

Firstly, i would ask if they are charging a price to attend. Not many offer free alcohol in our experience.

If they are not asking for any money, then we would take something along such as a bottle of wine and a dessert just as a token gesture of our thanks for inviting us.

Enjoy the party!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Firstly, i would ask if they are charging a price to attend. Not many offer free alcohol in our experience.

If they are not asking for any money, then we would take something along such as a bottle of wine and a dessert just as a token gesture of our thanks for inviting us.

Enjoy the party! "

Thanks I will check with them, they haven't mentioned paying to attend, so I am glad I asked in here, really would be embarrassing if we had turned up and not known!

By *bwitchedwarlock69Couple
over a year ago

Batley, West Yorkshire

Take a bottle with you out...when we host parties we do put on a small buffet and we have beers and wine but we don't buy loads...we don't charge an entrance fee so wouldn't want folk giving us money..

Hope you have a great time

By *leasures4Couple
over a year ago

East midlands

"Firstly, i would ask if they are charging a price to attend. Not many offer free alcohol in our experience.

Enjoy the party!

Thanks I will check with them, they haven't mentioned paying to attend, so I am glad I asked in here, really would be embarrassing if we had turned up and not known! "

No problem. Chances are, there won't be a charge to attend. Most are just bring your own alcohol. We sometimes take dessert as it can certainly add to the fun!

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

"Hi People

Many Thanks

Contact them and ask. And certainly take whatever you will be drinking."

Yep agree with above x take what u like xxx we wouldn't be offended Id be more upset if you were there and we didn't have what you like xxx

Enjoy xxx

over a year ago

Flowers for the lady of the couple..

Drinks for yourselves..

(can never guarantee they have what you like drinks wise - regardless if paid or free party)

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Flowers for the lady of the couple..

Drinks for yourselves..

(can never guarantee they have what you like drinks wise - regardless if paid or free party)"

Took the words out of my mouth with the flowers!

over a year ago

Take lube,handcuffs,silk scarves,a spreader bar and anything else you happen to have handy

over a year ago

"Take lube,handcuffs,silk scarves,a spreader bar and anything else you happen to have handy "

Just ask if they'd like money, to avoid any confusion / misunderstanding, and take appropriate clothes and a bottle of something for yourselves, I often take whatever I'm drinking and a bottle of fizz

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

I really must seek out more parties to attend.....

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

only polite to take a present for the host(s)....hopefully not everyone would take flowers

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Yeah - all the above. BUT the main thing is not to wipe your knob oon the curtains...

Post new Message to Thread