Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Friends list

Jump to newest

By *pice of life 79 OP   Man
over a year ago

lincoln, sleaford , grantham , nottingham

How long ideally would you advise to keep people on your friends list if not met yet ? And people U have met and been verified off if no further cumunication how long before you consider removing them ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not all of our friends on the list will be people we'll meet. Some are people we get on with very well but geography may prevent us ever getting together.

There's no hard and fast rules, it's your friends list.........

over a year ago

Its your profile you decide

over a year ago

Up to you?

If you're using your freindslist for people you wanna meet with and want to set a time limit then set one.

I've seen some people say they chat for a couple of years before meeting (probably down to distance more than anything else).

I don't remove anyone off my ist, was going to because i have too many friends and not sure if it's messed up my blocklist, but no intention of meeting most of them, they're just added so they can see me private pics.

over a year ago

"How long ideally would you advise to keep people on your friends list if not met yet ? And people U have met and been verified off if no further cumunication how long before you consider removing them ? "

2 unanswered messages is our general rule...we're not pushy in the least but if someone has read a message and not answered a couple of times, we generally assume they're no longer interested so delete so we don't bother them anymore

over a year ago

"How long ideally would you advise to keep people on your friends list if not met yet ? And people U have met and been verified off if no further cumunication how long before you consider removing them ?

2 unanswered messages is our general rule...we're not pushy in the least but if someone has read a message and not answered a couple of times, we generally assume they're no longer interested so delete so we don't bother them anymore "

yes 2 messages then delete and block as not interested and don't want to contact them again, find it very rude when people on your friends list don't reply to messages anyway but there is no accounting for some people's lack of manners and courtesy lol x

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"How long ideally would you advise to keep people on your friends list if not met yet ? And people U have met and been verified off if no further cumunication how long before you consider removing them ? "

I was going ask a question about friends list this morning.

I get messages off friends on my list asking to meet quite regularly but it seems as soon as I am free, they all disappear. So I'm not adding people anymore unless we have met and want to stay in contact. On the other hand, those I'm already friends with, if we haven't met within 6 months are now getting deleted.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If we don't chat quite quickly as i don't see the point in having them on there

over a year ago

"How long ideally would you advise to keep people on your friends list if not met yet ? And people U have met and been verified off if no further cumunication how long before you consider removing them ?

2 unanswered messages is our general rule...we're not pushy in the least but if someone has read a message and not answered a couple of times, we generally assume they're no longer interested so delete so we don't bother them anymore "

Yes I think that's a good rule to have

I'm not a pic collector and only accept friends or send requests with any one I really intend to meet

Hence why I only have a minimum number

I don't accept any one just so they can perve my pics or vice versa

over a year ago

2 unanswered messages is our general rule...we're not pushy in the least but if someone has read a message and not answered a couple of times, we generally assume they're no longer interested so delete so we don't bother them anymore

yes 2 messages then delete and block as not interested and don't want to contact them again, find it very rude when people on your friends list don't reply to messages anyway but there is no accounting for some people's lack of manners and courtesy lol x"

Yes not replying to a friends message is rude I think

Ok if not friends then understand that as you women would be constantly replying all day and you have a life other than fab

over a year ago

I was going ask a question about friends list this morning.

I get messages off friends on my list asking to meet quite regularly but it seems as soon as I am free, they all disappear. So I'm not adding people anymore unless we have met and want to stay in contact. On the other hand, those I'm already friends with, if we haven't met within 6 months are now getting deleted."

I agree with this post so much

I have recently deleted women I've met or couples who have not been in contact for several months

It's no good feeling your not wanted after a meet that seemed to go well

People seem to swing from one to the next to quickly it seems

I know it's a swinging site but even Tarzan didn't swing that fast and certainly didn't leave jane out the picture lol

over a year ago

"If we don't chat quite quickly as i don't see the point in having them on there"

Agreed

over a year ago

I just had an early spring clean - anyone that hasn't been on for 3months has been removed

By *nterracial2Couple
over a year ago

Ribble Valley

If it's someone we've met then they're on there for good! Genuine people are hard to come by!

Otherwise If it's been a couple of days without conversation then off they go. Or if the conversation turns to have you any more pics, then we unfriend.

Too many creepy people without verification purely after photos! Sad really.

Nic x

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I had a bit of a clear out recently, and sent out a few winks to those we hadn't spoken to in a while to see if we got a response. If not, deleted

over a year ago

"I had a bit of a clear out recently, and sent out a few winks to those we hadn't spoken to in a while to see if we got a response. If not, deleted

"

This is a good idea with the winks

A lot of people moan at these but I think there a good idea

By *he Stuff Of LegendMan
over a year ago

Hadfield

You could message them all ask if they are interested now or in the future and delete the ones who say no.

over a year ago

yes 2 messages then delete and block as not interested and don't want to contact them again, find it very rude when people on your friends list don't reply to messages anyway but there is no accounting for some people's lack of manners and courtesy lol x"

Well said

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Whether ive met them or not,if there is no communication between us then I assume lack of interest and remove them

over a year ago

Or if you reply but don't get the answer you wanted block lol

over a year ago

We don't see it as a lack of manners, particularly if it's people we've only had online interaction with, after all, they owe us absolutely nothing, just a sign of no interest...or that they're concentrating on interacting with people they are interested in...

over a year ago

I have people I consider friends on my friends list, some I just chat to, some I meet

over a year ago

yes 2 messages then delete and block as not interested and don't want to contact them again, find it very rude when people on your friends list don't reply to messages anyway but there is no accounting for some people's lack of manners and courtesy lol x

We don't see it as a lack of manners, particularly if it's people we've only had online interaction with, after all, they owe us absolutely nothing, just a sign of no interest...or that they're concentrating on interacting with people they are interested in..."

Well said

over a year ago

We just try to minimise our friends list, by not adding many. Only those that we have met or briefly encountered and feel that it is worth trying to strike up a rapport with.

Some exceptions have been made, ie their profile has taken our fancy

However, once they stop communicating it is clear that they are not interested, so we remove them.

Also those that stipulate to us, yeah we are going there, see you then. Then a day or two later say, what are you doing, then when informing them of the original plan and that we thought they was going anyway. They say, o we don't like clubs blah blah blah

Then they proceed to post meets for anyone and anything, anywhere, including clubs WTF?

So delete away, it's your choice

over a year ago

Or if you reply but don't get the answer you wanted block lol"

A block is not out of spite just saves time for both sides in the future as if we have discussed something and we are not compatible just saves everybody time x

Post new Message to Thread