Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Distance

Jump to newest

By *eus19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Merthyr

If someone's showing 5 miles away and they say they're abroad is that possible? Is it down to whatever the postcode they entered?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Yes unfortunately it is xx

By *eus19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Merthyr

That's a shame. So the only distance that you can't lie about is on your who's near by?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a pain but if they are not using a mobile then the distance will not display accurately in real time only what they entered as a postcode.

I use a mobile and have issues with it as I went on a meet the other night, my profile now shows me as being 10 miles away from home constantly and won't change back, it's causing issues to say the least

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

I don't know how it works but I get some mighty cheesed off people saying but it says your only xxx away from me..

By *eus19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Merthyr

Yes is annoying. wherever I stay I change the postcode accordingly. The who's nearby is correct because I forgot to change the postcode and it picked up people where I was.

By *ercy the Park KeeperMan
over a year ago

Chester

"Yes is annoying. wherever I stay I change the postcode accordingly. The who's nearby is correct because I forgot to change the postcode and it picked up people where I was."

Some don't want nearby they like distance so they don't bump into people in every day life. Many also put a different post code in here to the one they live at along with D.O.B and other details. Why would you want to be lazy and just go for the closest rather than the one you are most attracted to makes no sense to me also.

over a year ago

Because sometimes our meets are spontaneous meets as we dont dont have a lot of time to play around work so dont want to wait till 3.30 in the morning for someone to arrive.

By *eus19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Merthyr

"Yes is annoying. wherever I stay I change the postcode accordingly. The who's nearby is correct because I forgot to change the postcode and it picked up people where I was.

Some don't want nearby they like distance so they don't bump into people in every day life. Many also put a different post code in here to the one they live at along with D.O.B and other details. Why would you want to be lazy and just go for the closest rather than the one you are most attracted to makes no sense to me also. "

You've miss understood totally.

I said the only think that doesn't lie where you are is the 'who's nearby feature' that is all.

over a year ago

"I don't know how it works but I get some mighty cheesed off people saying but it says your only xxx away from me.. "

So just because you are near then you are expected to meet?? Never given me a problem but then again I am more than likely to tell them to do one.

By *ixmaMan
over a year ago

Ascot

"I don't know how it works but I get some mighty cheesed off people saying but it says your only xxx away from me..

So just because you are near then you are expected to meet?? Never given me a problem but then again I am more than likely to tell them to do one."

You certainly are, lol

Post new Message to Thread