Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

No more babies!

Jump to newest

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Town

Hi, new and wondered what other women do for contraception. My ex had the snip so I never took anything.

Living like a nun at the moment and daren't meet anyone until I get sorted (will use condoms too)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Hiya,have a look at the contraception thread thats also in this forum

over a year ago

u shud wear condoms not just cos of risk of pregnancy but cos of transmission of sexual diseases, as they are worse now than they have been for 20 years. Condoms for safe sex every time, even tho i hate the damn things. yuk . or keep thy legs crossed lol and read a book he he

over a year ago

I have the coil fitted as well just incase x also stops my monthly which is a blessing in play x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/05/09 21:22:47]

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Town

[Removed by poster at 27/05/09 22:52:25]

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Town

whoops, messed that up then.

Off to see my GP and will also use condoms everytime.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

i wouldnt recommend the jag - it has major side affects (well, for some people) but then i suppose what doesnt apart from condoms!

xx

over a year ago

This is a bit of an issue for us too as pom has had the snip and although we subscribe to safe sex ie condoms, I always worry they're not fool proof as far as getting pregnant is concerned. Obviously, even WITH extra contraception I'd insist on a condom and to be honest, at my age I'm probably well on the way to shrivelling but you never know! One stray egg, a split in a condom and the consequences could be unthinkable!

But I don't think I'd have the nerve to ask my GP for 'additional' birth control as she'd obviously know about the vasectomy. Dilemma!

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Town

it's too much of a risk for me. like you said, a split condom and you are in trouble.

i need to be 100% sure. Mind you, my friend has just had a baby, even though her hubby got the snip years ago. They say his tubes re-joined.

over a year ago

"i wouldnt recommend the jag - it has major side affects (well, for some people) but then i suppose what doesnt apart from condoms!

xx"

Don't know what you have against Jags John Prescott had two of them

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"This is a bit of an issue for us too as pom has had the snip and although we subscribe to safe sex ie condoms, I always worry they're not fool proof as far as getting pregnant is concerned. Obviously, even WITH extra contraception I'd insist on a condom and to be honest, at my age I'm probably well on the way to shrivelling but you never know! One stray egg, a split in a condom and the consequences could be unthinkable!

But I don't think I'd have the nerve to ask my GP for 'additional' birth control as she'd obviously know about the vasectomy. Dilemma!

"

Go see your doctor, imagine having to explain a pregnancy!!

It's nothing to do with them, in fact take hubby with you

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"This is a bit of an issue for us too as pom has had the snip and although we subscribe to safe sex ie condoms, I always worry they're not fool proof as far as getting pregnant is concerned. Obviously, even WITH extra contraception I'd insist on a condom and to be honest, at my age I'm probably well on the way to shrivelling but you never know! One stray egg, a split in a condom and the consequences could be unthinkable!

"

There is always the morning after pill if you ever have an accident with a condom and you can get them from any chemist,but having said that a trip to the local gum clinic would be in order as well

over a year ago

"

To be honest GP's see that many people unless you and hubby are regulars there they wouldn’t put his vasectomy with your want for contraception as would be in different notes. Its better to always double Dutch as you don’t want disease or pregnancy

over a year ago

The mirena coil has been fab. No periods!!

over a year ago

there are two types of "coil" (IUD's) the marina which is Progesterone hormone based and then there is the copper based one with no hormones both work great marina may stop periods but the copper is good for you girls who have a tough time with hormone contraceptives (but wont stop periods) nether protect from STI’s

over a year ago

"there are two types of "coil" (IUD's) the marina which is Progesterone hormone based and then there is the copper based one with no hormones both work great marina may stop periods but the copper is good for you girls who have a tough time with hormone contraceptives (but wont stop periods) nether protect from STI’s"

I got pregnant using a copper 7 coil back in 1985. I tried the new Mirena in 1995 and although I loved the fact I stopped having periods, I think it had some pretty negative side effects (which I won't debate here).

It's worth trying for those who want trouble free contraception though as it's easy enough to remove if it doesn't suit.

over a year ago

"there are two types of "coil" (IUD's) the marina which is Progesterone hormone based and then there is the copper based one with no hormones both work great marina may stop periods but the copper is good for you girls who have a tough time with hormone contraceptives (but wont stop periods) nether protect from STI’s

I got pregnant using a copper 7 coil back in 1985. I tried the new Mirena in 1995 and although I loved the fact I stopped having periods, I think it had some pretty negative side effects (which I won't debate here).

It's worth trying for those who want trouble free contraception though as it's easy enough to remove if it doesn't suit.

"

abstanace is the only 100% way of staying clear of pregnancy but if we wanted that we wouldnt be here in the first place

over a year ago

Mr Try has had the snip, so hadn't used contraception for 6 years. When we started last year, although I knew I would use condoms, I wanted to be extra careful. I went to my GP and got the mini-pill, Cerazette, and it has been fantastic - has a plus side that I haven't had periods in over a year so don't have to work out when I can't play. My GP did ask why I needed extra contraception when he had the snip, and I said that due to the lifestyle I lead I needed to be extra careful. She went bright red, but I was as cool as a cucumber.

over a year ago

"Hi, new and wondered what other women do for contraception. My ex had the snip so I never took anything.

Living like a nun at the moment and daren't meet anyone until I get sorted (will use condoms too)"

HI there I have the implant fitted in my arm (implanon).. it lasts for 3 years and i have found it fantastic .. it stopped my periods completely .. bonus .. but also have had no nasty side effects with it (this is coming from the woman who gets side effects off everything lol) but seriously i would recommend it. I also use condoms when swinging .. double the protection but also against diseases etc ..

happy swinging

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Town

Thanks again! I quite fancy getting steralised and have read that you can get it done under a local.

I never want to be pregnant again and taking pills is not for.

over a year ago

sterilised and then full hysterectomy...perfect

By *rSparklyspunkMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

Had the snip years ago best thing I ever did lol but ALWAYS play safe with condoms on. Only sure way to protect against STI and also shows respect to playmate.

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Town

very sensible.

over a year ago

Up the bum no babies!

By *igBunny OP   Woman
over a year ago