Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Depo jab

Jump to newest

By *ub2410 OP   Woman
over a year ago

poole

Ladies, do any of you suffer with really bad skin a couple of days after receiving the jab and also around the 10 week mark or is it just me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No I've been on it 12 years never had any problems or side effects, I love it

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Nope.

I've been on it 5 years now and don't have any problems.

over a year ago

Just a question, something I've been thinking about but I've been told u can gain weight & in some it doesn't stop P completely

over a year ago

"Just a question, something I've been thinking about but I've been told u can gain weight & in some it doesn't stop P completely "

You can, you have to watch what you eat, I joined fat camp last year and lost 7 stone so you can't loose or maintain while on it if your careful

I sometimes get a slight bit of spotting a few days before my next next injection is due but that stops as soon as I'm topped up, I haven't had what you would call a period in 12 years, it does not suit everyone though but I've never had any problems

over a year ago

Not for me then I think my weight is terrible at mo so don't want to add to it lol

Thanks for reply xx

By *orkieLassCouple
over a year ago

York

Implant all the way for me as it lasts three years rather than a few months

over a year ago

"Ladies, do any of you suffer with really bad skin a couple of days after receiving the jab and also around the 10 week mark or is it just me?"

Ive had the jab for a long time now and ive never suffered this at all. Sounds awful, hope you can get it sorted out

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I used to have the depo and suffered really badly with my skin. I'm now on the implant and it seems to have settled down a lot. Still get the odd breakout but nothing like it was before.

By *elkel1979Woman
over a year ago

Cumbria

Yes i have bad skin with it but i am now on long term antibiotics which keeps it clear x

over a year ago

what about spotting? have had Depo since August and still have some random spotting around the time when I would have had my periods I guess.....does this settle down so that there is only spotting when Depo is due (mine is week 11 now and due tomorrow) ....I handle that as can plan for it but it is the random spotting and bleeding that happens at other times which can be embarassing when playing....

By *ust4fun26Couple
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

They can give you a pill that you take alongside it to stop any bleeding, speak to the nurse when you get it done. I have had to come off it as getting an appointment at the doctors was that bad I was weeks overdue by the time I could get in so I'm now on a private prescription for cerazette and get no bleeding as its a 28 day pill.

By *eithoWoman
over a year ago

Chatham

I had it and it made me spotty the whole time and I put on weight. Same with the pill.

I've got a Mirena now, only thing that works for me with relatively few side effects.

over a year ago

"They can give you a pill that you take alongside it to stop any bleeding, speak to the nurse when you get it done. I have had to come off it as getting an appointment at the doctors was that bad I was weeks overdue by the time I could get in so I'm now on a private prescription for cerazette and get no bleeding as its a 28 day pill. "

Thanks x I did wonder if it was because my body hasn't settled down into the routine as it will only have been my 4th Depo I guess

over a year ago

Not spotty, no weight gain (have actually lost weight since started as been actively working out and eating better)...tis just the bloody bleeding...literally lol

over a year ago

No, ive been on it years and no side effects.

over a year ago

I developed an allergic reaction to the depo n now every time I have an injection i have to have piroton before n wait at the surgery for half an hr after

over a year ago

I had depo from six week post baby check up until April last year. So 3.5 years. It was a lot harder to lose weight, I don't know whether I gained a lot (two stone) due to post baby bad eating or the depo. Bad skin but not a single period.

Tried a few pills but they suppressed my natural sex drive or caused breakouts.

Trying the copper IUD now, on anti bleeding meds as it's been a month on Tuesday.

over a year ago

No side effects but have had a nurse inject it too high in my quad before n left me unable to move for 5 days....

over a year ago

i was on it for 18 months, no periods and took another18 months to start again after i stopped it, bad skin and weight gain, it didnt suit me at all!

over a year ago

On the pill, Shaz totally lost her sex drive so came of it.

The injection in the ass made her gain 3 stone in 5 months so she came of that.

Now she has the implant in her arm, been on it almost 6 years, no side affects, no periods or nothing, its fantastic!

over a year ago

Ah did wonder about the implant...

over a year ago

"No I've been on it 12 years never had any problems or side effects, I love it "

Is that under the Dr's advice? If not it may be worth mentioning next time you go.They refused me the injection after 8 years saying I had been using it too long as it can cause loss of bone density, the longer you use it the greater the loss.

I can't have it now. Have the implant x

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

Blokes had the snip. Any advice on the cap as Mrs would like to come off the drugs. But avoid a split condom for swinging purposes.

Post new Message to Thread