FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

am i ugly or something or is my profile really shite?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been on here a while now and am not getting anywhere. Ironically I came here to boost my confidence and self esteem but now I'm just doubting myself more. If it's the latter and my profile is shite, a few helpful pointers would be very much appreciated thanks ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Start by searching the forums for the countless other threads asking for profile advice and see what advice others have been given.

over a year ago

theres 300+ men to every woman on here mate stop beating yourself up! maybe a one liner "im a little shy till i get to know you" will do. write more abt what your looking for not abt your low self esteem mate theres guys on here with no veris you have 2 think positive add a few more pics too n smile dude! good luck

over a year ago

"I've been on here a while now and am not getting anywhere. Ironically I came here to boost my confidence and self esteem but now I'm just doubting myself more. If it's the latter and my profile is shite, a few helpful pointers would be very much appreciated thanks ??"

A swingers site is not somewhere for a single man with low self eestem issues. Even confident men struggle on here. Get out into the real world and build your confidence that way. This place will fuck your mind - and not in a good way. Good luck.

over a year ago

"I've been on here a while now and am not getting anywhere. Ironically I came here to boost my confidence and self esteem but now I'm just doubting myself more. If it's the latter and my profile is shite, a few helpful pointers would be very much appreciated thanks ??

A swingers site is not somewhere for a single man with low self eestem issues. Even confident men struggle on here. Get out into the real world and build your confidence that way. This place will fuck your mind - and not in a good way. Good luck."

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's not a good site for shy people. That shyness can be overcome in time though via meets and socials but you might find it takes a little longer. You need a high level of emotional intelligence to cope with the knock backs. Think about what you want.

over a year ago

I had a look through your profile and id say definitely do new pictures...you look very tense in those so as someone else has said...do some with you smiling.your profile is indeed rather negative...unless you were extremely 'lucky' you are not going to get unvited for sex off the bat...I presume you would chat in Skype or something for a while first so you would get to know each other...

You have two webcam verifications and they say nice things so perhaps you are not as shy as you think.you need to put more about yourself...what you offer and what you would like.good luck out there

over a year ago

No you're not ugly at all but you do look ever so young, much younger than 27. That coupled with you not accommodating is a no no for many.

I personally wouldn't meet a man who needs a confidence boost...how would he throw me around the room and make me have it lol. As others have said, Fab is not the place for anyone with low self esteem so working on that away from here would be a better idea as sadly this will only make it worse x

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"I've been on here a while now and am not getting anywhere. Ironically I came here to boost my confidence and self esteem but now I'm just doubting myself more. If it's the latter and my profile is shite, a few helpful pointers would be very much appreciated thanks ??"

I'm tempted to say both, just for a laugh.

But no, your profile is not shite and your not an ugly bastard either. On the other hand neither is it a great profile, try a smile on some pics.

Look round the forums for other threads similar to this, there's loads of advice on some of them.

Finally, never ever, every post another thread like this or put anything in your profile that sounds negative (like 'I'm really very shy' or 'I'm not very good with women' etc), you won't get a sympathy shag of any women on this site.

If you want to be confident start by saying confident things about yourself. Say confident things about yourself and you will become confident.

over a year ago

Common or garden profiles that don't stand out are going to mean that you have to put in lots and lots of ground work. You are going to have to actively message many people in the hope that you strike some common ground and get interest. It's not easy but it's definitely possible.

I Also echo what other forumites are saying, if you are shy and play on this then it probably won't go in your favour. One or two may find it endearing but in my opinion most people would be looking for a sexually confident and experienced play mate.

over a year ago

Take the advice given ive seen plenty of guys get ripped to pieces posting these types of threads you've done well to get constructive responses

You've got swingers clubs listed on your interests, get yourself along and enjoy yourself.

Your relatively close to some of the best clubs in the uk.

over a year ago

"No you're not ugly at all but you do look ever so young, much younger than 27. That coupled with you not accommodating is a no no for many.

I personally wouldn't meet a man who needs a confidence boost...how would he throw me around the room and make me have it lol. As others have said, Fab is not the place for anyone with low self esteem so working on that away from here would be a better idea as sadly this will only make it worse x"

So true

Love your username too ha ha!

S x

over a year ago

Have you tried googly eyes on your penis?

over a year ago

"Have you tried googly eyes on your penis? "

over a year ago

"It's not a good site for shy people. That shyness can be overcome in time though via meets and socials but you might find it takes a little longer. You need a high level of emotional intelligence to cope with the knock backs. Think about what you want. "

This is great advice.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

far from ugly

over a year ago

"Have you tried googly eyes on your penis? "

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"theres 300+ men to every woman on here mate stop beating yourself up! maybe a one liner "im a little shy till i get to know you" will do. write more abt what your looking for not abt your low self esteem mate theres guys on here with no veris you have 2* think positive add a few more pics too n smile dude! good luck"

*I think he's looking to physically meet women, not have a wank on his webcam.

over a year ago

Ditch the face pics, no need for them, keep them private. Ditch the crap about being shy as well, women dont want to meet some poor timid guy who might wet his pants.

Done

over a year ago

Don't know if it's been said already....but the 3 lines you wrote in this post is longer than your (2 1/2 lines) profile text.

Perhaps a bit more effort IN may get you more results OUT?

It isn't really rocket science....oh and ignore the cobblers about 300 men to every woman. About 280 of those are married/wannabes so not really competition.

over a year ago

Comb ya blinking hair

Lol x

over a year ago

"I've been on here a while now and am not getting anywhere. Ironically I came here to boost my confidence and self esteem but now I'm just doubting myself more. If it's the latter and my profile is shite, a few helpful pointers would be very much appreciated thanks ??

Comb ya blinking hair

Lol x"

Nevermind that...its gonna get well and truly messed up with all the sex youll be having thanks to my advice anyway

over a year ago

A swingers site is not somewhere for a single man with low self eestem issues. Even confident men struggle on here. Get out into the real world and build your confidence that way. This place will fuck your mind - and not in a good way. Good luck."

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Start by searching the forums for the countless other threads asking for profile advice and see what advice others have been given."

That wouldn't be advice for him alone though would it.

By *th Chesh72Man
over a year ago

Nantwich

"No you're not ugly at all but you do look ever so young, much younger than 27. That coupled with you not accommodating is a no no for many.

I personally wouldn't meet a man who needs a confidence boost...how would he throw me around the room and make me have it lol. As others have said, Fab is not the place for anyone with low self esteem so working on that away from here would be a better idea as sadly this will only make it worse x"

Says the woman whos only looking for men between 73-74yrs old

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I would re do your profile without the header as negativity puts a lot of people off. Maybe also write a bit more of what you are looking for and what you hope to get from the site.

Good luck.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

want a point to start... you spent more time and word on this Opening Post than you bothered on your "shop window" to the world ........

this next bit is going to sound really harsh... but hopefully drills home a point

why should others be bothered taking their time to help you if you can't be bothered to help yourself "help yourself".....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Isnt that the point, he is trying to help himself by asking for advice? Not everyone knows everything.

over a year ago

Its by luck, all my offers comes from north England as the lasses there is up for it, nothing down south England. I think I need to relocate lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Isnt that the point, he is trying to help himself by asking for advice? Not everyone knows everything."

so are we talking about someone taking advice, or wanted to be spoonfed....

part of helping himself, whether it is liked or not, whether the OP likes it or not, is doing some reading, some background, some research....

if in all the other advice threads there have been... lets say on the 1st 3 pages, if there isn't at least one piece of advice given to someone else, that can't be adapted for him to use, then i don't someone is looking hard enough.....

the problem or the perception is minimum effort for maximum results.... and nothing on his shop window to the world screams "I have taken my time to think about what i want from this, so i have put in the effort to convey who i am and what i am trying to get across"

over a year ago

Sage advice

over a year ago

Nehhh not in the slightest OP

I'm not going to pass an Opinion

if People are too small minded to have Pre Conceived ideas that's there bloody problem

over a year ago

"Isnt that the point, he is trying to help himself by asking for advice? Not everyone knows everything.

part of helping himself, whether it is liked or not, whether the OP likes it or not, is doing some reading, some background, some research....

if in all the other advice threads there have been... lets say on the 1st 3 pages, if there isn't at least one piece of advice given to someone else, that can't be adapted for him to use, then i don't someone is looking hard enough.....

the problem or the perception is minimum effort for maximum results.... and nothing on his shop window to the world screams "I have taken my time to think about what i want from this, so i have put in the effort to convey who i am and what i am trying to get across""

Not a lot of people window shop though.

There may be a lack of the usual male bashing, to the OP, but there's certainly the usual 'do it yourself' attitude. He asked for help not further put downs.

Its refreshing to see, for a change, peeps giving advice. (On this subject)

I'd say your last two pictures, look like you took them under duress Like others have said write a little more positively...you could say quiet or laid back, as opposed to shy.

Plus....don't stick fisher price toys on your dick, or googly eyes, its childish ....be a man.

over a year ago

"theres 300+ men to every woman on here mate stop beating yourself up! maybe a one liner "im a little shy till i get to know you" will do. write more abt what your looking for not abt your low self esteem mate theres guys on here with no veris you have 2 think positive add a few more pics too n smile dude! good

luck"

For God's sake do not tell people you are shy. Thats screams inexperienced x

By *ornybi1965Couple
over a year ago

Guildford

You are not going to get a woman or couple willing to meet a shy inexperienced guy like you on here. So my harsh advice is to leave the site and join somewhere you are likely to meet women, because you won't on here.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

i will cut to the chase ..swingers used to be called wife swappers ...everyone brought something to the table

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Isnt that the point, he is trying to help himself by asking for advice? Not everyone knows everything.

""

Neither for me. He is asking for advice.

He is newish to the forum so might not have read every single thread before posting, I know we didn't when we started using the forum. It just shows we don't all do the same things.

Asking for advice is not a sign of weakness.

over a year ago

no you arent ugly..

maybe you need some happy photos. get to some club socials relax have fun

and maybe just change your profile to what u like dislikes and looking for

have fun x

over a year ago

Just keep going mate,i don't let anyone rush me, if they feel they have better let them go and move on you will get interest

over a year ago

I personally wouldn't meet a man who needs a confidence boost...how would he throw me around the room and make me have it lol. As others have said, Fab is not the place for anyone with low self esteem so working on that away from here would be a better idea as sadly this will only make it worse x

Says the woman whos only looking for men between 73-74yrs old "

A filter to keep the knobheads at bay dear

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Perhaps change your username, the football tribalism may put some people off.

over a year ago

I have the same problem buddy but keep Ya chin up

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"Its by luck, all my offers comes from north England as the lasses there is up for it, nothing down south England. I think I need to relocate lol "

You make your own luck on here, it doesnt just happen, op for a start you have joined for the wrong reasons, this is a swingers site, its not a sex site or an easy lay site with sex on tap to boost your confidence.

Post new Message to Thread