Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

first meet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone.

I'm sure this topic has been covered a number of times but help me out here! A single girl looking to meet and can accommodate but guys want to have first meet at my place rather than in public. Am I being a bit of a prude for saying no this? I'm just trying to be safe..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Do what feels right for you, but no, I always insist on a social in public first.

Keep yourself safe. It also saves someone you might say no to from knowing where your home is.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Oh, I changed mine to cannot accommodate for that very reason.

So many guys saying I will come round and meet you right now. Doesn't work for me... but when I have met people a few times and built up trust, I will accommodate.

I also would not go for a meet at a guys house without a social either.

over a year ago

Thanks for the advice!

By *isa 59Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Oh, I changed mine to cannot accommodate for that very reason.

So many guys saying I will come round and meet you right now. Doesn't work for me... but when I have met people a few times and built up trust, I will accommodate.

I also would not go for a meet at a guys house without a social either."

Ditto this for me

over a year ago

I also would not go for a meet at a guys house without a social either.

Ditto this for me "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No as its your choice lol.

over a year ago

No, you're not a prude at all. I always ask for a social in a public place first and then if we get on ok and I feel confident and safe in his company, I'll accommodate.

I've had pushy men who try to change the social to a coffee at my house...and I've then lost interest.

You do what you feel is right and don't be pushed into anything you feel uncomfortable with

over a year ago

"Hi everyone.

I'm sure this topic has been covered a number of times but help me out here! A single girl looking to meet and can accommodate but guys want to have first meet at my place rather than in public. Am I being a bit of a prude for saying no this? I'm just trying to be safe.. "

The most important thing is your safety. I would never even think about having a stranger in my house.Too many nutters out there. If you are comfortable with that at least do it under your terms.

over a year ago

this

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I am in the same position as you and I did used to do socials at mine as well.

Not any more! One social got slightly out of hand and the guy just thought 'I want a bit of that'

Scared the shit out of me to be honest (lucky he took no for an answer) But put me off meeting for over 3 months!

So your rules your way!

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

Do what you feel comfortable with. And a hotel meet could be as much fun. Enjoy it whatever you decide and if ever in Dublin let me know! J x

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Do whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever keeps you safe! I would NEVER invite a stranger into my home, too many strange folk out there, you can't be too careful!

over a year ago

Thanks for all the feedback! You've just confirmed that I need to look after myself and if the other person has an issue with it then they aren't worth meeting x

over a year ago

"Thanks for all the feedback! You've just confirmed that I need to look after myself and if the other person has an issue with it then they aren't worth meeting x"

You're absolutely right. Stay safe!

By *nnocentOneWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I agree with this. This is the better option.

By *lttattoocoupleCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

If your not comfortable then don't do it, if they're not willing to meet publicly something strange

over a year ago

Even though I say I can't accomm and I say my daughter lives with me they still insist on first meet at mine,,it also states social for first time always...I look at it that my house is my home,,,I don't want strangers knowing where I live. I will meet publicly first then their place or hotel. Not until they become a close fb do I let them near my home. I got burnt before with that so never again,,,,, some men just don't understand why we say no.....gosh sorry ended up a rant that.lol

By *ollipop77Couple
over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

Safety first!!! Why would you want someone in your home that you do not know x

over a year ago

It's your life and your rules.. I'm relatively new on fab, and I find ive still got a lot to learn, but one thing I've learnt very quickly is always have a social first..

My home is a place of safety, and I want to keep it that way. Keep putting your foot down. Xx

over a year ago

I agree with everyone here, I'd suggest a pub meet first, rather than a hotel or certainly not your home. A public meet is safest for everyone.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"I agree with everyone here, I'd suggest a pub meet first, rather than a hotel or certainly not your home. A public meet is safest for everyone."

Post new Message to Thread