Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Help needed?

Jump to newest

By *hatterfab OP   Woman
over a year ago

Wakefield

Ok is it just me or is anyone else sick to death of people asking for help with their profiles?

A profile is meant to represent the individual you are, the individual you are presenting to the other members of the site.

Get it? The person YOU are, not some carbon copy of what you think others want to see.

If someone is unable to understand the world of swinging and the ethos behind the site without asking how to present their profile then the only question they should be asking is whether they are a suitable candidate for this alternative lifestyle.

Even if someone asks for help and takes on board the suggestions the profile will become ‘forum manufactured’ to read what people perceive to be what is required.

Profiles sort out the wheat from the chaff and there’s an old saying, you can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, if someone hasn’t the gumption to make a profile that represents who and what they are all by themselves then leave them to it.

Let those people who are capable of embracing all that is FAB by using their own initiative prosper.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Amen sister.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't think the 'profile help' threads will stop. You'll get men asking 'what do I write to make my profile individual?'

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Not everyone is good at expressing themselves in writing and some people genuinely do think that all you need to do is join and there will be a queue if sex hungry women at their door, since the opinion of many people who don't swing is exactly that who can blame them. If a man asks nicely and seems to take advice on board I don't see a problem really because unless his profile is actually written for him his character will probably show one way or another.

It is very unfair because a woman only needs to set foot in the place and she's inundated whatever her profile is like, even if it has no photo and says "not meeting" apparently.

over a year ago

I agree with OP that such threads seem to be on the increase and that while i'm quite happy to offer advice, there are some things that people need to figure out for themselves.

The latest trend seems to be asking for help on writing messages.

At this rate, it won't be long before people are asking others to go on the meet for them!!!

This isn't something that's limited to fab though. I often see comments on Facebook where people are asking for help, advice or information that is readily available to all who go looking for it - in fact, I quite often wonder if Google is just a figment of my imagination, because it would seem that nobody else has heard of it.

And it seems to be the younger generation that are the ones asking these questions. A generation that have had the Internet and search engines around for most of their lifetime.

over a year ago

"A profile is meant to represent the individual you are, the individual you are presenting to the other members of the site"

This

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have to ask then, why when it's usually clear what the thread is going to be about, if not from the title then certainly within the first few words of the opening post, do you read it if it annoys you?

By *oveSlutForUseCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

nearly all of the threads on the forums are repetitive in this way - fuck/suck/pass, profile help, single man whine, couple whine, good morning, blah de blah.

Every day the same ol same ol.

Probably the least imaginative forum on the internet, coupled with the most member who think their thread is new and interesting and haven't read the list to see it's actually no. 487 that week.

over a year ago

"I have to ask then, why when it's usually clear what the thread is going to be about, if not from the title then certainly within the first few words of the opening post, do you read it if it annoys you?"

i sometimes hope the poster of the thread might take some advice onboard

over a year ago

Erm, it is the "Swinging Support and Advice" forum. Not really fair to criticise them. Particularly if they are new

over a year ago

I tend to agree with the OP, but it's the one's that submit such posts, seemingly just to get people to view their profile that annoy me, often repeatedly, without acting on any of the good advice given.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I agree with most of what the op has written, i generally point the gents (and it is mainly blokes asking) to the archived threads Most of the advice I see posted on those is generic so they'd need to understand it and put their personality if they used it ..

By *sagent81Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"Ok is it just me or is anyone else sick to death of people asking for help with their profiles?

A profile is meant to represent the individual you are, the individual you are presenting to the other members of the site.

Get it? The person YOU are, not some carbon copy of what you think others want to see.

If someone is unable to understand the world of swinging and the ethos behind the site without asking how to present their profile then the only question they should be asking is whether they are a suitable candidate for this alternative lifestyle.

Even if someone asks for help and takes on board the suggestions the profile will become ‘forum manufactured’ to read what people perceive to be what is required.

Profiles sort out the wheat from the chaff and there’s an old saying, you can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, if someone hasn’t the gumption to make a profile that represents who and what they are all by themselves then leave them to it.

Let those people who are capable of embracing all that is FAB by using their own initiative prosper.

"

survival of the fittest?

over a year ago

I saw a thread opened the other day which was posted within minutes of another post on an almost identical issue - even the thread title was the same.

I can almost forgive some for opening threads on subjects already covered due to them not being aware of other threads, but this, well....

Having been a member of other forums in the past, one was with relation to a certain American vehicle platform, usually there are forum rules which state that before opening a new thread you should perform a forum search relating to your question.

That said, I suspect that the fab forum might be a much quieter place if the same rule were to be applied here

Post new Message to Thread