Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

First meet no show, no explanation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone & Happy New Year!

We're new to swinging but were supposed to have our first meet at our house on New Years Eve.

The couple found us and after some messages going back & forth, they were keen to meet up with us - as we were with them.

We swapped phone numbers and we gave them our address which was all good as they have numerous verifications by meets.

Spoke to the male half of the couple on phone and everything seemed to be all good.

They were supposed to come about 9.30pm but didn't come and had no reply to text asking if they were ok. Have heard nothing from them since & noticed they have removed us as friends & blocked us

No idea what happened for them to change their mind but it would have been nice just for a quick message to say they had instead of just ignoring & then blocking. Guess verifications don't mean much sometimes either

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *i-shoptonMan
over a year ago

bishopton

Unquestionably the 'couple' was a single guy ....... And hence a sad character who took it as far as he dared then of course couldn't see it through.

Verification system is not foolproof sadly

It's roughly 50:50 in terms of fakes v genuine- better luck next time, and make sure you speak with both parties in a couple if ur not convinced.

Good luck

Stu

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ah that's a shame.

All you can do is report the profile and move on...next!

over a year ago

Thanks both of you

We do think they were actually a couple but yes, on to meeting our first genuine couple

By *ouplekinkCouple
over a year ago

kink town

Report them.

over a year ago

Next time you arrange a meet, ask to speak on the phone with the female half of the couple. That way you will at least know she exists. But as others have said, you can't always guarantee what will happen here. Hope all goes well for you in the future though.

over a year ago

"Next time you arrange a meet, ask to speak on the phone with the female half of the couple. That way you will at least know she exists. But as others have said, you can't always guarantee what will happen here. Hope all goes well for you in the future though."

Exists and also to make sure she is up for meeting.

Many males halfs arrange things without the knowledge of the female.

over a year ago

Unfortunately this happens all the time and when you have limited time and you've spent ages getting ready physically and mentally then it's sooooo frustrating. I try to Skype with somebody first and be texting on the day but even then I've had the same thing happen. They've tested until 30 minutes before then POOF, disappear FOREVER. Sorry you've been messed around but at least us couples have each other for comfort afterwards

over a year ago

if i meet i will cam and have a phone conversation with them

if the couple cant do both then i wont consider a meet

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

That must be so annoying. I suggest meet both for a coffee first. No one is so desperate that they wouldn't say no, surely?

over a year ago

I don't understand the mentality of some people, I once arranged hotel meet she was a complete no show, blocked me on here and no replies to txt calls etc.I always arrange a social first now.

over a year ago

It is annoying, I guess just accept it's nothing personal and move on - you'll have plenty of good meets I'm sure

over a year ago

Thanks for the advice everyone, we will definitely make sure both halves of the couple exist & agree beforehand next time!

over a year ago

You're on a learning curve! As time goes on you'll get to know how to use this site to get the best out of it. I'm sure you'll have loads of fun! Good luck.

By *jandjbCouple
over a year ago

Nr Manchester

"Next time you arrange a meet, ask to speak on the phone with the female half of the couple. That way you will at least know she exists. But as others have said, you can't always guarantee what will happen here. Hope all goes well for you in the future though.

Exists and also to make sure she is up for meeting.

Many males halfs arrange things without the knowledge of the female. "

This is the best advice and probably the right reasons. Perhaps the fem went along with it and then got cold feet.

Him

over a year ago

Wouldn't surprise me, Hids is so much better looking than me :p

Hex

over a year ago

"Unquestionably the 'couple' was a single guy ....... And hence a sad character who took it as far as he dared then of course couldn't see it through.

Verification system is not foolproof sadly

It's roughly 50:50 in terms of fakes v genuine- better luck next time, and make sure you speak with both parties in a couple if ur not convinced.

Good luck

Stu"

This ^^^^

over a year ago

Hate to say it but. "Welcome to our world". A minority of very silly, rude people who have no idea what common courtesy means on here. Thankfully there are quite a few diamonds on here too so don't worry too much about them. Their loss not yours.

Good luck in 2015.

x

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

"Hate to say it but. "Welcome to our world". A minority of very silly, rude people who have no idea what common courtesy means on here. Thankfully there are quite a few diamonds on here too so don't worry too much about them. Their loss not yours.

Good luck in 2015.

x"

Always speak to both of them at the same time on the phone and/or cam/skype. If they can't do that, then it's not going to happen.

Good luck

Post new Message to Thread