Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Morfa Dyffryn ..

Jump to newest

By *riends with benefits... OP   Couple
over a year ago

Stockport

Hoping to visit soon: would appreciate info/advice. Best time to visit, where to park, likelihood of others joining in fun, etc. XX

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I went years ago ..had some great fun around evening time ..lots of meerkats in the dunes though but lovely beach and sea ..a bit of a walk passed the family beach though ...have fun xx

over a year ago

You need to be on the A496, about half-way between Harlech and Barmouth. If driving from the North, expect some delays due to road works between Maentwrog and Harlech.

As you leave the village of Dyffryn Ardudwy, heading south, look for a narrow turning right (towards the sea), by an old chapel, brown sign "Morfa Dyffryn Campsite".

Drive to the end of this narrow road, where there is a pay-and-display carpark and some toilets. If you can park by the side of the road, under the trees, then you are off the carpark and don't need to pay!.

Walk ahead to the beach and then turn right (north).

Walk about 1km north along the beach until you come to the sign starting the naturist area - which is on the beach only.

Do not try to play on the beach - it's naturist only, and you won't be appreciated.

Play goes on in the dunes behind the beach (not part of the official naturist area). Mostly old men who hide in the grass and watch you -" the Meerkats". Some will play. If they are up there, just ask them about playing - they'll all know the score!.

Be sensible, and don't be obvious - the Police sometimes patrol (er- plain clothes!!!) and do arrest people for playing....

There are no shops or facilities on the beach.

PM me for any further advice, or if you want to know about naturist camping locally etc....

over a year ago

"You need to be on the A496, about half-way between Harlech and Barmouth. If driving from the North, expect some delays due to road works between Maentwrog and Harlech.

As you leave the village of Dyffryn Ardudwy, heading south, look for a narrow turning right (towards the sea), by an old chapel, brown sign "Morfa Dyffryn Campsite".

Drive to the end of this narrow road, where there is a pay-and-display carpark and some toilets. If you can park by the side of the road, under the trees, then you are off the carpark and don't need to pay!.

Walk ahead to the beach and then turn right (north).

Walk about 1km north along the beach until you come to the sign starting the naturist area - which is on the beach only.

Do not try to play on the beach - it's naturist only, and you won't be appreciated.

Play goes on in the dunes behind the beach (not part of the official naturist area). Mostly old men who hide in the grass and watch you -" the Meerkats". Some will play. If they are up there, just ask them about playing - they'll all know the score!.

Be sensible, and don't be obvious - the Police sometimes patrol (er- plain clothes!!!) and do arrest people for playing....

There are no shops or facilities on the beach.

PM me for any further advice, or if you want to know about naturist camping locally etc...."

as above also cheap camping field opposite across the road from the toilets basic but ok for wkends ect

By *illsidersCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Friends, it's a great place, you'll love it, give it a try this weekend.........have messaged you with more info...

By *portcoupleCouple
over a year ago

wallasey

As other posts but it is more like 2 km from that car park and dunes are very steep so you have to be fit to just get there lol xx

By *illsidersCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

We'll be going this weekend........

over a year ago

I'm tempted to pop down on Sunday, if the weather holds....

over a year ago

We've thought about going as well, so this is a very useful post - thanks people...

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I went there properly for the first time last Thursday.

It's a wonderful place to spend some time and it's been a bit of revelation to me how "freeing" it is to be naked there.

I wasn't looking for fun really and I was on my own, so I can't really comment on that side of things. I stayed on the beach and respected that it was used by people who genuinely enjoyed being clothes-free.

I did see lots of people in the dunes - it's pretty open and funny to see really!

It would have been nice to chat to a couple there - not with a view to anything happening, but just to pass the time. I didn't really feel quite comfortable with that though - I felt they thought it would seem like I was intruding or trying my luck.

All in all it was a bit of a revelation for me - I think it's given me a bit of extra confidence and it was lovely to be in such a beautiful place. I can't wait to go back!

By *abeandhimCouple
over a year ago

Chester

We can second that as some where we been looking to try out this year as been on a few beaches on east anglian coast. But none in wales yet.

over a year ago

Free car park.

Long walk to nudie part.

Proper nudist, did not notice any hanky panky!

No facilities.

Very nice if you get the weather.

Susan

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Chester

Morfa is a lovely beach but play away in.the dunes not on.the beach as it great Naturist beach and should be kept that way looking to visit either Monday or Tues love it there

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Chester

Morfa is a lovely beach but play away in.the dunes not on.the beach as it great Naturist beach and should be kept that way looking to visit either Monday or Tues love it there

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Chester

"I'm tempted to pop down on Sunday, if the weather holds....

"

me on.monday or Tues love the lovely walks there too nothing better

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Chester

"I'm tempted to pop down on Sunday, if the weather holds....

"

me on.monday or Tues love the lovely walks there too nothing better

By *ctorMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Hoping to visit soon: would appreciate info/advice. Best time to visit, where to park, likelihood of others joining in fun, etc. XX"
where is the beach or where your going like to go and see whats its like never been to one x

over a year ago

"

It's a wonderful place to spend some time and it's been a bit of revelation to me how "freeing" it is to be naked there.

"

It is wonderfully liberating to be clothes-free - especially once you've caught the habit and have been to a naturist camp where you can go for a whole week without having to wear anything.

Very levelling as well, as you get to judge people as themselves - not the clothes that they wear...

I'm so lucky - I live in the mountains and often spend many hours just wandering naked.

So may reasons to enjoy the lifestyle!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"

It is wonderfully liberating to be clothes-free - especially once you've caught the habit and have been to a naturist camp where you can go for a whole week without having to wear anything.

Very levelling as well, as you get to judge people as themselves - not the clothes that they wear...

I'm so lucky - I live in the mountains and often spend many hours just wandering naked.

So may reasons to enjoy the lifestyle!

"

Yeah, I'm definitely a convert Annie. I get your point about it being a "leveller". I could sense that people had cast off more than just their clothes there.

I think they would have been very friendly and welcoming too, if I had chatted to them. Kinda wish I had now

I felt a deep sense of calm and felt comfortable with myself there.

I walk in North Wales a lot (I can't ever see me having the guts to do it naked though, amazing though it sounds (you have my admiration on that score!)) and this is another fine reason to go.

Great place.

By *illsidersCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Was there yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, it was lovely, warm sunny and still.........but oh so quiet, maybe a dozen couples at most dotted along the beach.....and very few meerkats too....

Bring on next weekend......if the weather holds

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Was there yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, it was lovely, warm sunny and still.........but oh so quiet, maybe a dozen couples at most dotted along the beach.....and very few meerkats too....

Bring on next weekend......if the weather holds"

Can I just ask one question - it's probably a stupid one!

When I was there, a lot of guys were in the dunes naked and just strolling about. Would these guys be classed as meerkats, or is it guys who are clothed and hanging about?!

I guess I'm thinking that someone with no clothes on is more "legitimate" (not in the strict sense - I know the dunes are not meant to be for nudity).

I did walk out through the dunes (clothed) to get back to the car. It was a weird experience with men hanging about - one did follow me a bit.

I wasn't really there for fun though - just to experience being naked in public. It was great.

over a year ago

The ones we call "meerkats" are naked, but either hide in the grass, popping their heads up to watch you (which is how they got their name) or else just blatantly sit a few yards away watching you. Quite often they won't talk, and just walk away if you approach them - they just seem to get a sexual kick out of watching. I once woke up with over a dozen of them sitting around me in a circle - just watching....

Others will follow you around, getting visibly exited, and will start to get pushy for attention - if you don't want the attention, then you have to be quite blunt in telling them to get lost. I get a lot of unwanted attention - they don't ask if you're interested, but just take it for granted and it gets to be a pain...

A lot are men-who-have-sex-with-men (not Gay), and I've had many a poor straight guy coming to sit with me to hide from them! The genuine gay guys are usually nice, but keep to themselves at the far (North) end of the dunes.

Generally, anybody walking about in the dunes fully clothed for too long will be treated with suspicion - why are they there? Are they Police etc? On the beach it's different, as it's a public place and ordinary clothed people (referred to as "textiles") use the beach for walking.

Glad that you enjoyed it! I always go just for the pleasure of being nude for it's own sake - then if I'm in the mood to seek play then maybe that's an extra.

Just go in a light mood, enjoy the day, and don't get drawn into anything that you don't want to!

Maybe see you there one day...

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Thanks Annie

I'd heard about the meerkats before I went, but in my naivety, I assumed that these were guys with clothes on being voyeuristic.

The fact they were naked made me think that they were there more justified in being around there (though obviously the police wouldn't see it that way)!

I can imagine a woman in the dunes would have a swarm of them circling and it could be unpleasant!

Anyway, I can honestly say my reason for going there was to try naturism. I didn't feel it was a sexual thing - just a liberating experience.

Yes, it would be lovely to see you there! I can honestly say I wouldn't be looking for fun - it'd just be nice to have someone to chat to while there. If the weather holds, I may try to pop back over the next few weeks. Guess it'll be getting chilly though!

By *illsidersCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Regrettably, we've never had the pleasure of meeting Annie, in fact we have only seen maybe a half dozen single ladies on the beach in all the years we've been going....but bravo, girl....

We can well imagine you must get lots of attention, overwhelming maybe, as a couple we find the behaviour of lots of the single guys intimidating,......we have more or less given up on the dunes altogether now for that reason.

No doubt some single guys are there to just enjoy the beach and the freedom it gives to be naked outdoors, to unwind and to take the rays.... we've enjoyed many pleasant conversations and felt relaxed with them as "beach neighbours". That said, others on the beach can be a real pain too....... constantly wandering up and down, obviously staring...so much space but they choose to come so close.....

We've never really given too much thought to any police presence...and to be honest never really witnessed any behaviour that would warrant it.....although one apparent regular carrying binoculars does provoke concern....

Sure, you see couples getting frisky and having some fun, sometimes with others nearby....indeed we've indulged ourselves, ...but it's always with discretion so as to not cause offence.....and never in the area that seems popular with families on busy days.... the area that we've heard referred to as Swingers Alley does offer a little privacy off the beach.

We choose to spend our time on a naturist beach, without clothes.....we look at others, others look at us, it goes with the territory so to speak....we live in liberated times and enjoy the open-minded atmosphere there....but with limitations.

It's a beautiful beach to be enjoyed by all.....with common sense,...and with courtesy and respect for others at all times.

over a year ago

Thanks, YogiandBooboo - hope to catch up with you there some day!

I go mostly for the naturism, as it's only about 40 miles from me - fun in the dunes is just an optional extra as and when the fancy takes.

Anyway - I'm on my way there right now for a nice afternoon in the sun (Tuesday 16th) if anybody else is about!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Jealous of you being able to go there yesterday Annie. Lovely place to spend a nice day relaxing and feeling free.

Hope you had a good day.

over a year ago

Had a wonderful day lazing under the sun.

So I'm going back there again today!!!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Now you're rubbing it in!

I'm stuck here in an office dreaming of the freedom that place brings.

If we have that Indian summer I'm really hoping to make it there in the near in late Sept/early Oct. Might be chilly willy time by then though!

Have another great day (said through gritted teeth!).

over a year ago

Swimming in the nude is all so a great feeling.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

One good thing is that for those who don`t drive, there is a train service to the nearest village - Dyffryn Ardudwy! I think Arriva Trains run the service and no doubt they would accomodate bicycles so you won`t have a log walk to the beach!

By *aked_magicMan
over a year ago

the gutter looking at the stars (wa3)

Can't wait to summer I intend to make more than a few visits mysel

By *allyandJonCouple
over a year ago

manchester

We love this place and go regularly in the summer.

Just got a second hand VW campervan so it will be even more of a pleasure going.

We love being naturists on the beach and camping. It does us alot of good and we take some wine on the beach and have a really great time in the dunes.

We keep the men entertained all day with our antics and invite a few over for some close up fun.

May see you in the summer.

over a year ago

"We love this place and go regularly in the summer.

Just got a second hand VW campervan so it will be even more of a pleasure going.

We love being naturists on the beach and camping. It does us alot of good and we take some wine on the beach and have a really great time in the dunes.

We keep the men entertained all day with our antics and invite a few over for some close up fun.

May see you in the summer. "

we love this place too and also have a campervan, if you park in dennises field and go to the far left corner he allows you to camp naked if you have windbreakers, we will be there in the summer for a week end of july, cant wait

By *aked_magicMan
over a year ago

Summer can't come quickly enough!!!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Much as I emphasised that I was not there in some attempt to have fun, but to experience naturism (I really, really was!), I can't deny it's a turn on to think you might see a sexy, uninhibited couple enjoying themselves there

By *aked_magicMan
over a year ago

Heading to Morfa this Friday - finally a day of good weather forecast when Im not working - VERY excited!!!

Post new Message to Thread