Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Old on here yet new to the game...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been on here since 2011. We are looking to find a lovely lady to have fun with us.

We've had replies before but I'm quite shy and I back off when there's interest. Can anyone offer me (Clare) some advice on how to keep going? Any tips for us in general please? I appreciate all advice.

Cxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Going to move this to the Advice forum as Im sure someone will be able to help you in there

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I (and I'm sure many others) would mention socials and clubs as a starting point. If you're shy in a meet situation, then socials and clubs may be a struggle but they are a great way of dipping your toe (so to speak, not a pervy practice (at least I don't think so))

A social in a vanilla setting would just be like going to a strange pub I suppose and as you're a couple you've got automatic back up, but I guess you'd have to make the effort to speak to folk. Socials at clubs or attending a club - there's no pressure to play, you can just network and start to make contacts...

I didn't notice on your profile if you're verified or not - some (not all) look on those who've been on for a long time without verification with a bit of suspicion...if that's the case, maybe consider deleting your profile and creating a new one from scratch.

Best of luck

over a year ago

Thank you for your advice, we'll take that on board. Unfortunately we haven't been verified as my shyness as certainly got in the way of that.

We will have to learn to bite the bullet. Thanks again for your advice x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

my advice would be to work on your shyness first then try something like this. How do you envisage a meet would go? How would things get off the ground would you be able to initiate conversation etc.?

Do you 100% want to do this or is shyness a good smoke screen?

I don't mean any of this in a harsh way

By *mokeynbubblyCouple
over a year ago

poole

We would agree, a social or a clubs the best way to go. The club option is not as scary as it sounds, really lol, you can meet a lot of people & just talk if that's all you way to do right now & just watching what goes on will hopefully give you an insight into the scene.

Good luck & have fun

x x

over a year ago

Thank you for all the advice! I'm happy for all that is said and nothing is harsh! I need to just get us out there and get over the shyness. You only live once and all that!!

X

Post new Message to Thread