Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Peeps going quiet on you

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sorry if this subject has been done before ( i know the timewasters one has and peeps are sick of it!) , this is somewhat similar.

Seasoned Swingers - I ask you please , Is it common for a cpl to arrange a meet then to quiet - ignore mails ect?

We are newbies and had a meet arrnaged with another new cpl , it was all planned and we havent had a cancellation off them , just gone silent on us. They have read the message. I havent bombarded them with messages or demands either , i sent just one message to see if we are still on for the meet. After no reply i thought we shall leave it up to them if they want to get in touch or not. Seems not!

If it was me/us i would just say we haf changed our mind and wimped out of a meet! Not to worry , we have been invited to a party now and are looking forward to that as our first swinging foray.

Just wondered if this silent treatment is commonplace on here, manners dont cost anything after all!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It happens guys .. to us all. Move on and enjoy the party xxx

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

has happened to me a few times, you chat with a nice guy meet, you become friends then they seem to ignore you after that, life goes on and more fish in the sea as they say

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

At times one can log on and read messages from a mobile device or PDA. With my big hands, I know how hard it is to reply using the crappy things, wait till a day before the agreed meet, if you have not heard from them, then give them up. It could be that they are busy, and just have had not time replying you.

At times like these, when a reply is impossible, I usually send a wink, to show I am still interested.

But I am a born optimist

over a year ago

"At times one can log on and read messages from a mobile device or PDA. With my big hands, I know how hard it is to reply using the crappy things, wait till a day before the agreed meet, if you have not heard from them, then give them up. It could be that they are busy, and just have had not time replying you.

At times like these, when a reply is impossible, I usually send a wink, to show I am still interested.

But I am a born optimist"

Yep...this happens...part of this scene...dont take things personally..or to heart...who knows whats going on in the lives of others...or whats cropped up...move on...you look like fun...plenty of fish..etc

mmmmm....big hands as well RaD...Big feet...????

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

one of those things I'm afraid... I think most people have been it at least once...

brush yaself down... you just got ya first swinging medal!!!!

hopefully ya next experience goes a bit better....

sean xxxx

By *ottongue49Man
over a year ago

BARNSLEY

yes it does get so frustrating at times,i had a meet arranged for monday,been chatting to this person for a while now and then today ive only sent one message to confirm and had silent treatment allday and nothing.Just a friendly reply doesnt hurt,even if its;;;Somethings cropped up,so frustrating.

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

"At times one can log on and read messages from a mobile device or PDA. With my big hands, I know how hard it is to reply using the crappy things, wait till a day before the agreed meet, if you have not heard from them, then give them up. It could be that they are busy, and just have had not time replying you.

But I am a born optimist

Yep...this happens...part of this scene...dont take things personally..or to heart...who knows whats going on in the lives of others...or whats cropped up...move on...you look like fun...plenty of fish..etc

mmmmm....big hands as well RaD...Big feet...???? "

big Caterpillar boots

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i think manners cost nothing if you arrange to meet and for some reason you cant then nice to let the other person know, but most dont even do that

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Yes , we have moved on . Dont mind folk cancelling, but it would be polite to let us know. Not to worry - we have been invited to a party on the same date now - so got a good party to look forward to instead XXX

over a year ago

Hmmm, the quiet thing's a difficult one...especially when you're new here!!!! HEY NEWBIE ALERT, yes, we're new too! Don't mind people saying no - it's only two letters so doesn't take long and staves off the paranoia somewhat, as in OMG do they recognise us and now they know what we're up to in ur private lives!

But having said that, you do sometimes think (in response to some one else)...well maybe, but not right now, I'll save you for later...and perhaps want to put people on your 'to do list'!!

Just don't get bitter, that's no fun at all, but surprisingly commonplace on here, methinks.

Right deffo. bed. Watersports in the morning (of a non-sexual nature!!)

over a year ago

Well I personally think that manners dont cost a thing. But unfortunately alot of people are not like that.

You did the right thing, you simply sent them a message, you didnt bombbard them with 50 messages. So its there loss not yours. I had a couple send me about 4 messages a while back. But between work and some other things popping up, I didnt honestly have the time nor was I in the frame of mind to be thinking about meets.

When I got time the following week, I messaged them and apologized for my slow response, explaining due to work commitments I just didnt have time. Sent them the message, never got a reply back from them again.

It was sort of annoying in a way, here was this couple who choose to sent me 5 or 6 of the same copy/paste message, I reply, then they dont bother responding. But the way I see it, there are plenty more decent and polite people out there.

But this is kind of similar to threads where single guys talk about people not responding to messages. I've read peoples responses where they say, " its the persons choice to respond, they dont have to". So you could look at it that way. But still I feel a short message like, sorry we are not interested, or we have decided to take a break. Those sort of responses are appreciated. But there is not much you can really do about it.

Like I say, just move on. Theres plenty more people out there.

over a year ago

"one of those things I'm afraid... I think most people have been it at least once...

brush yaself down... you just got ya first swinging medal!!!!

hopefully ya next experience goes a bit better....

sean xxxx"

Really like reading _abio's quote because they are usually 100% right - forget it and move on....we have loads go silent on us..must be me.. get scared when they see me.. laughs helen

over a year ago

Personally I wish there was a "time-wasting twats" list - or a feedback facility like there is on eBay giving star ratings 1 to 5 for "being as advertised", "timeliness of delivery", "packaging" and "overall satisfaction" (that would be fun, wouldn't it?)

We've had to postpone or cancel meets in the past due to family crises or work getting in the way of fun but we've always let people know as soon as we could.

We've all been newbies and it can be a bit scary at times. Maybe one of the other couple has had cold feet and the other is hoping to talk them round? The other scenario we've had is that they weren't actually a couple but some saddo who wanted to chat with you online and harvest a few juicy photos.

Please don't let this put you off - we've had a few setbacks like this but we've also met some wonderful people over the past year or so

Luv

D&J

xx

Post new Message to Thread