Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Profile criticism.

Jump to newest

By *lgernon OP   Man
over a year ago

cupar

Should I be concerned? I've been told I think I'm somehow "special." I realise my profile is a touch negative (there are things that wind me up, I say so) and to some maybe arrogant - but isnt the point of a single guy's profile to give a positive perspective on his best qualities?

Does anyone that has been around a while have an opinion? Does my profile make you think I need my "bottom spanked"? Not my words....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lol whoever said you need your bottom spanked are wrong.

There is nothing wrong with your profile x

By *istress SassyCouple
over a year ago

manchester

I think it's a great profile, well written and too the point. x

over a year ago

hi just had a look at your profile , i dont really see anything wrng with it in general , think it depends on how the person is reading it if you know what i mean , say for example you skimmed over it and got the words , im brillant , cooking naked , and make a fucking effort , then yeah i would say a touch arrogant in a manner but the way i read it was a bit humourous , seems honest (being bi etc ) and knows what he wants . the only thing i would say is the verified bit really , everyone has to start somewhere , but then again think thats personal choice really and its clearly stated on your profile , so overall i would say nah nothing really there that i would consider rude/bad/arrogant .

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I don't see anything wrong with it either............ill still spank your bum though

over a year ago

I personally think its..articulate ...straight forward..and well thought out and written..not arrogant ...just politely assertive about your likes dislikes and boundaries...at a guess maybe you are getting mails from guys who think your bi side makes you less choosey or very promiscous...and are fustrated by a bi guy that wants more than a quck..whatever..???.but nice profile

over a year ago

I can see how some might see parts of it as a touch on the negative side (all be it to the point and perfectly fair enough, no reason why a guy can't feel the same as the women do)... and it may well be putting off exactly the type of people you want it too, so really it's up to you and if you think you are getting the sort of response you'd like.

I have to say if a females profile comes across as her thinking she is 'special' I tend to avoid it. Sure the women are in demand here, but respect has to go both ways, and if I don't feel I'd be getting that then I steer clear.

over a year ago

"I can see how some might see parts of it as a touch on the negative side (all be it to the point and perfectly fair enough, no reason why a guy can't feel the same as the women do)... and it may well be putting off exactly the type of people you want it too, so really it's up to you and if you think you are getting the sort of response you'd like.

I have to say if a females profile comes across as her thinking she is 'special' I tend to avoid it. Sure the women are in demand here, but respect has to go both ways, and if I don't feel I'd be getting that then I steer clear."

I can see your perspective...and have to agree if I read anyones profile and its come across as..

I'm something special..!!!

Here are my list of demands..!!!

If you dont like it then fuck off and die..!!!

How dare you even contact me you piece of shite under my shoe...!!!

Now crawl away while I bask in the light of my own wonderfulness..!!!

well I guess we have all seen them.....

I just smile and wouldn't dream of mailing them...wouldn't want a self esteem crippling..virtual tongue lash for daring to breath the same air as them...

But really dont think this profile comes across badly at all...

over a year ago

"But really dont think this profile comes across badly at all... "

I agree actually and I don't think it makes him sound like he's special (that was more of an aside). Its just 2 scentences I think sound maybe a little agressive possibly. The ones "Jog on if..." and "make some fucking effort" perhaps do him an injustice and may not be necessary.

Like I said though it's really down to him, if he's that worried about the response he's getting. He may not be, in which case leave it.

over a year ago

"But really dont think this profile comes across badly at all...

I agree actually and I don't think it makes him sound like he's special (that was more of an aside). Its just 2 scentences I think sound maybe a little agressive possibly. The ones "Jog on if..." and "make some fucking effort" perhaps do him an injustice and may not be necessary.

Like I said though it's really down to him, if he's that worried about the response he's getting. He may not be, in which case leave it."

Yes..seeing that..jog on..hhhmm.. but I found the make a Fucking effort one funny...must be me hormones...think I'll got a have a lay down with some jaffa cakes...morning anyway ..and hi neighbour..lol..we are in the multicultural wonderland of Leics as well..seriously off thread again..soz folks..xx

By *ilthsdcCouple
over a year ago

Derry

wouldn't worry about anyone criticising your profile - swinging does seem to bring out the bitchy and jealous in some folk.

Its not what we're looking for but its a perfectly fine profile so good luck to you.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Your profile so your choice.

Does it work? Only you can say but if it doesn’t and you want it to then change it. If it does and your happy well sit back and be happy with it.

over a year ago

You're lucky that someone has even read your profile before messaging.

By *lgernon OP   Man
over a year ago

cupar

Cheers guys. Pretty much what I thought already - I'd rather have less total people messaging me, but know that the ones that do will be on my wavelength.

I confess I did write the "make some fucking effort" bit after a strop about a few guys, no picture/no profile, asking for me to meet in X location in half an hour to wank them off. One even tried to defend his masculinity in a way that smacked of being straight and homophobic. Takes all sorts.

over a year ago

i think your profile is fab!! made me smile, ignore them xx

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Does anyone that has been around a while have an opinion? Does my profile make you think I need my "bottom spanked"? Not my words...."

Do you not think that maybe they were offering to do the spanking but they couldnt express themselves very well...?

over a year ago

"Should I be concerned? I've been told I think I'm somehow "special." I realise my profile is a touch negative (there are things that wind me up, I say so) and to some maybe arrogant - but isnt the point of a single guy's profile to give a positive perspective on his best qualities?

Does anyone that has been around a while have an opinion? Does my profile make you think I need my "bottom spanked"? Not my words...."

Lovely profile, distinct, eloquent and sophisticated beyond your age (sorry don't mean to sound patronising). Good pictures, too!I happen to like beards so if you were within our age range we would definitely consider you. Well done x

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Your profile so your choice.

Does it work? Only you can say but if it doesn’t and you want it to then change it. If it does and your happy well sit back and be happy with it."

this is what I would have said, if you feel it shows people the best side of you, and you are getting what you want out of it, then its done its job... if you are not then it may be worth changing...

whatever you do, make it personal to you and not just some generic copy of what you think people want to hear....

over a year ago

i think your profile is brilliant hun! very quirky and articulate. i love the line about not meeting in corsas/car parks, wheelie bins etc, made me smile.

and a kilt too, ooo!!

over a year ago

seems ok to me

was this a ploy just to get us all to 'look at you'? lol

By *lgernon OP   Man
over a year ago

cupar

Nah...I genuinely had someone bitching at me. My first post got deleted cos I didnt know I wasnt supposed to copy and paste what they had said to a forum post. I can give you the account name of the mod that deleted it if you really want.

If I wanted to be attention seeking I'd tell you about how I have a telescopic, resizable girth, one-size fits all willy that sings tenor and makes an awesome lemon meringue pie. I normally keep quiet about it. People dont tend to believe me.

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

Mmmm Lemon Meringue Pie. I'm sold now!

over a year ago

"Nah...I genuinely had someone bitching at me. My first post got deleted cos I didnt know I wasnt supposed to copy and paste what they had said to a forum post. I can give you the account name of the mod that deleted it if you really want.

If I wanted to be attention seeking I'd tell you about how I have a telescopic, resizable girth, one-size fits all willy that sings tenor and makes an awesome lemon meringue pie. I normally keep quiet about it. People dont tend to believe me."

I believe you Algy...

over a year ago

I love the humour in your profile. I think its fine, but again, I'm not your target audience .

Humour reflects intelligence, ( in my opinion ), and both are qualities that are desirable in a partner and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Good profile, face pics and you know what you want.It beats the majority of male profiles on this and many other sites.

Ben

By *lgernon OP   Man
over a year ago

cupar

Thanks again folks.

Post new Message to Thread