Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

class divide

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i consider myself professional at what i do......but not what others call professional......why do peeps ask for only professionals? Are they better than the rest?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This question is asked every week but in answer to your question because it's a personal preference!

Personally I don't see it as a class divide.

Some people like tall playmates, slim ones, Doms, subs, bbw et al, another selection that's all. I daresay some people have a superiority complex, but some have inferiority complexes about professionals.

Lots of people here to play with, I wouldn't concern myself with what people put on their profiles: their choice. If a profile says "no bbws" not going to cry into my KFC family bucket!

over a year ago

sassy miss u summed it up!! now pass us a bit of that kfc!! not feeling posh today so the caviar off the menu!! xx

over a year ago

Did sumone mention KFC mmmmm

over a year ago

pull a seat up luv and dive in!! xx

over a year ago

Oh i like something a bit hot and spicy

over a year ago

i aint sure wot it means, but its like when u see adverts for digs it says "only professionals" i think really it means white collar workers old fashioned term but there we go thats wot i call professional, mind you we also got other type of professionals i suppose i.e. professional anti workers, professional aka prossies he he

By *aughty_kittyWoman
over a year ago

finger licking good

kfc hmmmmmmmmmm

over a year ago

maybe they mean "must have a job"

over a year ago

sod the proffesionals just hand me a nice bit of breast

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

it makes me laugh too - especially when it's spelt incorrectly!!! Z

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If i ask someone what they do for a living its cause im a nosey cow. Having said that i only shag royalty

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"If i ask someone what they do for a living its cause im a nosey cow. Having said that i only shag royalty"

you'd be ok with me then cos i used to be cleopatra! Z

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"i consider myself professional at what i do......but not what others call professional......why do peeps ask for only professionals? Are they better than the rest? "

you mean bodie and doyle are on this site??

what about cowley?

over a year ago

i think different jobs hold different levels of intelligence, like a doctor isnt going to want to meet some thicko that sits at a till in a super market cause they ovbiously not be able to hold an intelligent conversation lol

I had it a few years ago when i was talking to a couple and they asked me what i did for a living, so i said i worked in a care home, and they said "oh a nurse" so i said that i was just a care worker and the reply i got back was, oh then sorry but we dont think your for us lol

over a year ago

thats a crock of shit....i'm educated to a high level, intelkigent and articulated obviously i couldn't converse with stephen hawkings on physics......but i chose what i do. Job makes no difference to conversation in my opinion life experience that counts.......do you really want to know what a bowel a surgeon untangled and how just before he's about to give you one pmsl

over a year ago

"Did sumone mention KFC mmmmm "

Variety meal 2 or 3 pieces of chicken, my favourite, a bit of everything!

over a year ago

It's true that I would stay away from peeps with certain types of vocations, such as those that involve a lot of travelling up and down the country.

However, I am not one of those who only meet "professionals".

And I state I am a professional in my profile because I am one, as already stated in many threads before. If I know someone for 2 years or more, I can verify their photos for passport and driving license applications!

over a year ago

where's wiltshire lol mine needs renewing.....i'lk bring a bargain bucket.

over a year ago

"where's wiltshire lol mine needs renewing.....i'lk bring a bargain bucket."

Sorry, don't know you for 2 years yet!

over a year ago

better get started then......

over a year ago

"i think different jobs hold different levels of intelligence, like a doctor isnt going to want to meet some thicko that sits at a till in a super market cause they ovbiously not be able to hold an intelligent conversation lol

I had it a few years ago when i was talking to a couple and they asked me what i did for a living, so i said i worked in a care home, and they said "oh a nurse" so i said that i was just a care worker and the reply i got back was, oh then sorry but we dont think your for us lol "

TWATS...but professional twats ... Go girl...deepest respect on your job.xx

over a year ago

"I had it a few years ago when i was talking to a couple and they asked me what i did for a living, so i said i worked in a care home, and they said "oh a nurse" so i said that i was just a care worker and the reply i got back was, oh then sorry but we dont think your for us lol

TWATS...but professional twats ... Go girl...deepest respect on your job.xx "

Snobs, not worth the bother IMHO!

over a year ago

Let's try and add some veg, so where's the coleslaw - lol

None of us needs to justify to any one else how we choose our playmates! For some people any hole's a goal, as long as they can scratch a itch they don't care. Some others are more selective and want a fantasy figure they wouldn't usually come across - good for them, others like to chat, meet, have a drink/meal get to know the person who'll they'll be getting hot and sweaty with and hope to find something in common.

No right and wrong, and dismissing other peoples preferences as "shit" would make me wonder what that person would be like in a meet: would they respect my wishes?!!

over a year ago

Have to agree we all have our preferences as to who we choose as our playmates....I respect that...but to chat with someone...maybe exchange pics...chat some more...then reject someone based on their job..or lack of it...what else can that be other than snobbish...and judgemental..???

Can see some ethical dilemas...strict vegans not wanting to play with a butcher..etc...choice hell yes..but insulting someones way of earning a living...to their face...pretty rude..???

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I own a Chocolate shop....who the feck isn't going to want to meet me?

over a year ago

"I own a Chocolate shop....who the feck isn't going to want to meet me?

"

mmmm...fancy a meet Mrs... ..your chocs sound....oh sorry you look yummy..xx

over a year ago

"I own a Chocolate shop....who the feck isn't going to want to meet me?

"

People who do not like chocolate?

over a year ago

Well I now know how to get laid...

Buy a KFC franchise

over a year ago

"Well I now know how to get laid...

Buy a KFC franchise "

I'll be there, for the Variety Meal for certain!

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"i consider myself professional at what i do......but not what others call professional......why do peeps ask for only professionals? Are they better than the rest? "
im not professional in fact im barely educated and im a carpark attendant,but hey i own the carpark and im a millionaire,but professional,never in a month of sundays

over a year ago

"i consider myself professional at what i do......but not what others call professional......why do peeps ask for only professionals? Are they better than the rest? im not professional in fact im barely educated and im a carpark attendant,but hey i own the carpark and im a millionaire,but professional,never in a month of sundays "

Lend us a tenner..???

over a year ago

"Lend us a tenner..??? "

Or buy some of us a KFC?

Some peeps I know thought I would turn my nose up at fast foods. I must come across as a food snob at times!

I love KFC, BK, Subs, Big Macs and kebabs!!!

Not a snob in any sense I hope!

By *ord and ladyCouple
over a year ago

around Glasgow

"thats a crock of shit....i'm educated to a high level, intelkigent and articulated obviously i couldn't converse with stephen hawkings on physics......but i chose what i do. Job makes no difference to conversation in my opinion life experience that counts.......do you really want to know what a bowel a surgeon untangled and how just before he's about to give you one pmsl"
bowels are full of shite

over a year ago

"bowels are full of shite "

as are most surgeons lol xx

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

To some people the social element of swinging (going out for meals, pubs, etc) is just as important as the sex, and for that some people feel there needs to be some common ground. There will always be exceptions, no matter how people try to summarise their preferences. Whilst it may be seen as snobbery by some, to others it’s just about trying to find people who live similar life styles, will enjoy similar types of social activities and will have things in common to talk about… possibly with an equal level of communication skills.

As long as one group doesn’t start spouting rubbish about superiority, and the aim is finding commonality… then I see nothing wrong with them making that choice.

We all make choices about the type of people we want to meet… some have broader spectrums than others.... and some even bother to type it in their profile.

over a year ago

"Have to agree we all have our preferences as to who we choose as our playmates....I respect that...but to chat with someone...maybe exchange pics...chat some more...then reject someone based on their job..or lack of it...what else can that be other than snobbish...and judgemental..???

Can see some ethical dilemas...strict vegans not wanting to play with a butcher..etc...choice hell yes..but insulting someones way of earning a living...to their face...pretty rude..??? "

Agree with you 100%!! I would never dream of insulting someone for working for their living - that's plain rude, snobbish and ignorant!

over a year ago

"To some people the social element of swinging (going out for meals, pubs, etc) is just as important as the sex, and for that some people feel there needs to be some common ground. There will always be exceptions, no matter how people try to summarise their preferences. Whilst it may be seen as snobbery by some, to others it’s just about trying to find people who live similar life styles, will enjoy similar types of social activities and will have things in common to talk about… possibly with an equal level of communication skills.

As long as one group doesn’t start spouting rubbish about superiority, and the aim is finding commonality… then I see nothing wrong with them making that choice.

We all make choices about the type of people we want to meet… some have broader spectrums than others.... and some even bother to type it in their profile.

"

Aaaaah Polo: always spot on!!

over a year ago

"To some people the social element of swinging (going out for meals, pubs, etc) is just as important as the sex, and for that some people feel there needs to be some common ground. There will always be exceptions, no matter how people try to summarise their preferences. Whilst it may be seen as snobbery by some, to others it’s just about trying to find people who live similar life styles, will enjoy similar types of social activities and will have things in common to talk about… possibly with an equal level of communication skills.

"

This got me thinking....the majority of my friends...vanilla only...have been or currently are in the same line of work as me.....shared experiences and a shared body of knowledge..commonality...yes.

...swinging friends some of which I have known for years... are all in totally different jobs.. have very differing financial backgrounds...our commonality seems to be sexual and sense of humour based...also based on shared experiences...and a shared body of naughty knowledge...

But can understand the commonality arguement fully....and completely respect it..

To us variety and difference is the spice of life and a big part of our fun in this lifestyle..xxx

over a year ago

"To us variety and difference is the spice of life and a big part of our fun in this lifestyle..xxx "

My sentiment exactly!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Have to agree we all have our preferences as to who we choose as our playmates....I respect that...but to chat with someone...maybe exchange pics...chat some more...then reject someone based on their job..or lack of it...what else can that be other than snobbish...and judgemental..???

Can see some ethical dilemas...strict vegans not wanting to play with a butcher..etc...choice hell yes..but insulting someones way of earning a living...to their face...pretty rude..???

Agree with you 100%!! I would never dream of insulting someone for working for their living - that's plain rude, snobbish and ignorant! "

Yeah most of the time it is... and I generally do not like people who judge others worthy or not because of their job. A honest days work is an honest days work... whatever work that is.

However, let’s say I'm a couple and the combined income of the household is £250k. As a couple we like to eat in nice restaurants and we are not really bothered if the bill comes to £50 or £250. We like to spend occasional weekends away with our swinging companions... a nice hotel somewhere... say Paris. May be we would have concerns that we'd be placing financial pressure on someone who didn't have the same level of income and would sooner find someone who could share the things we like doing.

Not saying this is the case in all cases… but I am sure there are some.

over a year ago

"i think different jobs hold different levels of intelligence, like a doctor isnt going to want to meet some thicko that sits at a till in a super market cause they ovbiously not be able to hold an intelligent conversation lol

I had it a few years ago when i was talking to a couple and they asked me what i did for a living, so i said i worked in a care home, and they said "oh a nurse" so i said that i was just a care worker and the reply i got back was, oh then sorry but we dont think your for us lol "

I've often found that people I've met, who probably liked to be thought of as professionals, are only intelligent in one or two particular fields.

Those fields are usually the ones that apply to their chosen profession.

When it comes to having a broad spectrum of general knowledge,which is generally required for good conversation,I've often found them to be surprisingly lacking.

I have no academic qualifications but have had a variety of,sometimes obscure,hobbies and interests that I have studied.

This has provided me with the ability to converse quite knowledgeably on a wide range of subjects,which has at times confounded the aforementioned "professionals" I've conversed with.R

XXXX

over a year ago

no i dont see it as a class divide, i think its about possibly the type of job you do and maybe peeps need to be that tad bit more careful regarding keeping this side of their lives a secret. posibbly feel more comfortable saying professional .... just a thought xxx

By *eres_jMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I think when folks use the term "professional" on here, it's simply a polite way of saying no idiots.

over a year ago

I know quite a few professional idiots!

over a year ago

"I think when folks use the term "professional" on here, it's simply a polite way of saying no idiots."

I think you have hit the nail on the head here!

The "Professional" job catagory covers a huge spectrum, from Nursing right through to being a High Court Judge. Basically it is any career that requires a specific qualification to practice, i.e. Nurses need a Nursing Diploma and registration, Teachers need QTS, Accountants are Chartered etc.

I too am a "Professional" working for the NHS, but to me it is just an employment catagory such as Skilled or Manual.

As the previous gentleman pointed out, I too think for a few it is an attempt of saying "No Rif-Raf" but for the many it is also a way of showing off their status.

No doubt the many will be voting Blue in May.

R

over a year ago

"No doubt the many will be voting Blue in May.

"

A sweeping generalisation???

I am sure they will make up their own mind which party to vote for, and no doubt, the red side would like to claim many as its own!

over a year ago

"No doubt the many will be voting Blue in May.

A sweeping generalisation???

I am sure they will make up their own mind which party to vote for. "

No offence intended, it was just my working-class "Professional" way of calling them snobs lol.

Whether we are red or blue, we're all fucked

over a year ago

"A sweeping generalisation???

I am sure they will make up their own mind which party to vote for.

No offence intended, it was just my working-class "Professional" way of calling them snobs lol.

Whether we are red or blue, we're all fucked "

No offence taken, and yes, we are all doomed!

over a year ago

Voting blue makes you a snob?

over a year ago

i love bein a person who cant be pigeon holed!!!

i am pure workin class and proud of it live in my wee council house work as a support at uni full time can hold a wide variety of conversations whether it be politics or society or music or whats on tv,

my wages dire i scrape by every wk sometimes barely but dont expect anyone to take me to dinner or that!

il take people as i find them whether they be multimillionares or a street sweeper xx

over a year ago

It reminds me that a lot of the peeps currently in power in politics are "professionals"!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Does it really matter????

over a year ago

"

il take people as i find them whether they be multimillionares or a street sweeper xx"

Likewise, give me a nice genuine witty person who treats me like a lady any day, regardless how wealthy he may be!

over a year ago

"Does it really matter???? "

It does to some, obviously, otherwise the subject matter won't come up time and time again!

over a year ago

hi5 that woman!!

we all the same when we butt naked and if i am comfortable with someone its no odds what they do xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/10 18:16:51]

over a year ago

"Voting blue makes you a snob? "

Me and my damn can opener, there's worms crawling all over middle britain now lol.

Thinking one is superior to another for various reasons such as wealth, education or status is what makes someone a snob. Voting is down to personal beliefs.

Take a walk into your local con club, all will become clear

over a year ago

"hi5 that woman!!

we all the same when we butt naked and if i am comfortable with someone its no odds what they do xx"

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"hi5 that woman!!

we all the same when we butt naked and if i am comfortable with someone its no odds what they do xx

"

Hear Hear

Those that do want to judge on what job one does is only limiting their own field of play - so we dont need to worry

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I love this thread. My pennyworth is that I do volunteeer work aswell as 3 school runs a day and also a single mum. I remind people if they snub at my work that I do my job because I love it and can see how it benefits people, and not just because I get paid for it as I dont. So that shows that I am a thoughtful person.

May not be the most intelligent and have a simple life but dont give a monkey as have FABULOUS boobs

over a year ago

"I love this thread. My pennyworth is that I do volunteeer work aswell as 3 school runs a day and also a single mum. I remind people if they snub at my work that I do my job because I love it and can see how it benefits people, and not just because I get paid for it as I dont. So that shows that I am a thoughtful person.

May not be the most intelligent and have a simple life but dont give a monkey as have FABULOUS boobs "

NO..VERY FABULOUS boobs...!!

To us its the personhood of peeps you play with...not the shared swinging trips to St Tropaz...and discussing what university we did our PhD at...do some peeps really play like that ??

Rightly proud of what you do..this country would grind to a halt without voluntary workers ...so well done that woman..

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Thanks bimb xx

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

I was always under the impression that swinging doesnt hold social barriers..if two couples are up for it then does it matter if one is a so called 'professional' and the other a manual factory worker...as long as they all get on and enjoy each others company then its job done..

One the other side of the coin..Perhaps the 'educated' or more literate on here express a preference for similar as they may be looking for a few social meets first and dont feel that someone who cant manage anything more than 'ere 4 fun an sex wiv blokes an burds' on their profile might not generate the most stimulating of conversations...

But that can work the other way as well...Mr and Mrs Joe Public may not want to waffle on all evening about politics, fondues and the latest adaptation of one of Chekovs plays..they may also be looking for someone more their own type..

I dont think its about people trying to big themselves up...its, as someone as already said, about preferences..

We are ok to hold a conversation with anyone..prince or pauper..(except solicitors, lawyers and Barristers)...some are more picky..(probably why no git will converse with us in chat!! lol) and some arnt..

All about personal choice really

over a year ago

I suppose its a way of people assuming they will get a 'better' level of swinger....hilarious!!

That being said, just because you are considered a professional does not mean you are not an arsehole..or because you are unemployed means that you are thick as mince.

My personal preference is for someone with a brain and an opinion and not afriad to use either. Their income or social status does not concern me.

vol

xx

over a year ago

hmmmmmm.....class divide......don't get me started on that.....was divided from rest of class when I was at school for being unruly.....then they went further and divided me from the whole school!!!

over a year ago

they still have a class divde over here it the commoners and the snobs but we have to live with it

By *eppoch1970Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm a contradiction in terms with this subject lol. I was a registered nurse, so a salaried professional with letters after my name in a reserve occupation so if there had been a full scale war and call up I would have been exempt, but I was brought up in a working class family and for the last few years have been residing in a high rise estate in Glasgow where people get Mudderedd Mr Taggatt. Do not have a Glasgwegian accent, been told I have a "posh" voice.

I would say I can be VERY deep and love a good, intense discussion on different things, but I feel it is the other person's feelings of inadequacy which can limit them at times. It is a nightmare to have a life, try and decorate a flat etc with no money, but the friends I am making on here are just lovely in accepting me just as I am. I am planning on going to college full time in August for a career change, and I think that is the key. If you get up off your back-side and do something about YOU, instead of blaming the world and not dealing with your problems but just drinking to take the pain away, you won't get anywhere. I have family members like that and it is heart-breaking.

over a year ago

well said that man!!

if other peoples idea of snobbery puts them off not meetin professionals then that is their choice!

to me the person counts not what they earn or own xx

over a year ago

missed out non as in non professionals duh!! xx

over a year ago

Professional is a strange topic!

What is classed to professional to one person may not be the next.

I was self employed for a number of years working in computers, so I would of classed myself as a professional.

Last week though I decided to quit the self employment as not enough work and for now signing on.

Am I no longer a professional now then? does that mean we can't meet people that have "seeking professionals" on there profile?

What job someone has has nothing to do with there intelligence.

Just because you have found a job to match what you are "good" at, it don't make you able to hold a better conversation or different lifestyle than someone that fills shelves at Asda

Anyway, each to there own, we all have preferences and we respect that.

Tony

over a year ago

I completely agree with the last post. I earn in excess of £80k net a year and deal with CEO's and directors on first name basis in some of the biggest companies in the UK as a daily occurance. However i go to work in jeans and casual shirts and trainers and live the exact same lifestyle as my friends who earn sub 30k a year. So does "professional" status relate to income, occupation, level of education, home counties accent???

Im confused! now lets get back on topic shall we?

Boneless deluxe or Hot rod bucket?

over a year ago

"I completely agree with the last post. I earn in excess of £80k net a year and deal with CEO's and directors on first name basis in some of the biggest companies in the UK as a daily occurance. However i go to work in jeans and casual shirts and trainers and live the exact same lifestyle as my friends who earn sub 30k a year. So does "professional" status relate to income, occupation, level of education, home counties accent???

Im confused! now lets get back on topic shall we?

Boneless deluxe or Hot rod bucket?"

Can you lend us a Tenner then...???

And I hate it when posters go off thread...so thank god for a sensible post......

Hot rod bucket obviously..

over a year ago

kentucky jack meal please extra bbq sauce thanks!!! xx

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

All part of this coutrys ridiculous obsession with 'class'...working class...middle class, upper middle...lower upper?...jesus christ!...

What makes someone middle class?...a few Leonard Cohen LP's in their collection..a years membership to the national trust?..a liking for eating raw sunflower seeds?..

I used to love questionaires that asked, 'what newspaper do you read?'...again bracketing people in some sort of social group...

You either work or you dont...you have got money or you havnt..whats are 'middle class values?' anyway?

I once worked with a woman who said she was different to woman next to her in work...because the woman next to her was from the eat end f london..and she was from a nicer area...so that, made her 'middle class'...what boolix!!!

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

And...people who judge themselves as 'middle class' are obviously trying to put themselves on a pedestal...people who call themselves 'only working class'...shouldnt..they may find they have a higher moral code than the people who they seem to think are superior to them

Rant..officially over!

Post new Message to Thread