Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Shaving rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Calling all fems! Have been swinging for a month now and loving it but for 1 problem. What's the best way to be clean shaven without ending up with a rash and wanting to scratch yourself to death!!! Have tried razors(the espensive ones) but end up with the same result. . Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Calling all fems! Have been swinging for a month now and loving it but for 1 problem. What's the best way to be clean shaven without ending up with a rash and wanting to scratch yourself to death!!! Have tried razors(the espensive ones) but end up with the same result. . Any advice would be appreciated."

I find veet works best for me,just dont leave it on to long if you going to try it lol

Jules

over a year ago

can I answer if I am not female ?

The best results are from Lazer hair removal which removes the hair forever.

6-8 treatments once a month maximum

approximately £120 per treatment payable in advance for a discount or monthly on each visit without discount

If you find your allergic to any of the creams like veet (which some people are)

Shavng everyday soon stops the rash as your skin becomes acclimatized to the shaving.

Don't use after shave when you have finished

over a year ago

wax or epilate

over a year ago

"wax or epilate "

You ever had your bits waxed?

Its bloody painful,tried it once never ever again lol

over a year ago

how about teeth then??

over a year ago

"how about teeth then??"

Yuk... And get a mouthful of pubes lol

over a year ago

"wax or epilate

You ever had your bits waxed?

Its bloody painful,tried it once never ever again lol"

Blimey just the once here too and never again

Veet gets our vote too or shaving if ya can't wait I find using almost new razor after hot bath works best!!

Love the idea of laser but can't afford it anyone wanna sponsor me lol

over a year ago

veet for guys too?

over a year ago

teeth tis a brave man lol

Veet for the gents too they have a gents one now - so he can stop stealing mine now

over a year ago

am off to the shop now

over a year ago

post a pic so we can check the results

over a year ago

"post a pic so we can check the results "

I'll second that.. Jules

over a year ago

might want to wait for the current rash to clear first

over a year ago

Thanks everyone!!! Looks like I'll be investing in some veet tomorrow. Just in time for the 2 meets we have booked for the weekend I won't be showing the results by the way!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll just have to take my word for it. Thanks again. T

over a year ago

"Thanks everyone!!! Looks like I'll be investing in some veet tomorrow. Just in time for the 2 meets we have booked for the weekend I won't be showing the results by the way!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll just have to take my word for it. Thanks again. T"

Spoilsport !!!!!!! we all want to see the results !!!!!!!!!!!! and the new super smooth you

over a year ago

use conditioner to shave works a treat leaves you smooth , and you dont get a rash , in my book the more often you shave then less likely to get a rash

over a year ago

I use veet. The sensitive in-shower one works well for me. Hubby uses it too

over a year ago

I use sudocreme after I shaved. No shaving rash appears and ur bits are nice and soft.

over a year ago

avoiding sudacreme here, the last thing I want after shaving is my bit to be soft

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

I find it best not to use a new razor. I use cheap stores own and shave my legs and armpits first and then my foof lol. I find this works as new blades really make me itchy afterwards. I always use a moisturiser after I've shaved too.

By *ighlandcouple40Couple
over a year ago

Inverness

I use a razor usually while in the shower, do find that if you do it once a week it keeps on top of it and you dont end up scratching like mad!!!!. Have tried veet didnt like it, forget waxing!!!!!

I usually use a moisturiser after which helps.

Happy shaving!!

Lorraine xxx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Hi, I use a battery operated wet/dry razor - only about £10 as I like to replace very regularly and never get a rash. Z

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

I use rechargable bikini razor, then go over with a normal razor for best result. Smooth and rash free. The less you use a wet razor in the same spot the less the irritation.

Have really sensetive skin so can't use veet!

By *poolgalCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

i use veet too and find no problems with it as long as you dont leave it on to long.......i used a razor once never again i was so itchy...lol

By *luttynurseWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth/ 50 miles in all directions

Use telc and not foam telc helps razor slide over and i have never had a rash from it.

over a year ago

As was said earlier. Laser is the way to go. Save up, beg, steal or borrow - but you will find the results more than worth it.

Must be a UK thing about affordability of laser - our European friends ALL swear by it and very few still wax or shave.

over a year ago

Just a note to say thanks for all the advice and to let you know that the veet worked a treat! I'm now as smooth as a babies bum with no rash, itch or burn. I might even put a pic on my profile after this wkend to prove it!!!!! Thanks again guys xxxxx

over a year ago

Laser hair thingy, but have been shaving for a while...you get used to it.

Veet and such like is good, if it likes you

over a year ago

I swear but my gillette fusion, i firmly believe its not the gel you use its the blades, i shave my bits with shower gel and have never ever had a rash since i have been using the gillette fusion, the blades are quite pricey i pay a yenner for 4 blades but worth every penny they are the only razoers i have used that do not give me a rash

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

THE STICKS

"veet for guys too?"
pubes are pubes surely ?

By *dinburgh_duoCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

wet shave with hair conditioner ..... was suggested to me years ago and have never had a rash since

over a year ago

"am off to the shop now "

you might want to take a look at the Veet website which says

Quote "For those awkward to reach parts like shoulders and back, get some help!

If you're going for that all-over smooth look - focus on one area at a time.

Veet™ can be used on the arms, chest*, legs, back, shoulders and around your briefs but not the face, scalp, genital or perianal areas.

Always read Directions for Use and Precautions on packaging before using product. " end quote

before you go rushing off to the shops

looks like its stick to the razor of the dangley bits

Mike

over a year ago

"am off to the shop now

Veet™ can be used on the arms, chest*, legs, back, shoulders and around your briefs but not the face, scalp, genital or perianal areas.

Always read Directions for Use and Precautions on packaging before using product. " end quote

Mike "

No way...Ive been using it for years and never done me any harm,and i am nice and smooth where it counts

By *haven767Man
over a year ago

plymouth

Veet gets my vote, I sometimes let me hair grow back for a bit but when it goes it goes with Veet!!!

over a year ago

Well, it was time for another shave down there but after reading this thread I thought I'd give Veet a try - and I'm impressed. A lovely smooth cock n balls with much less faff than even with the expensive razor. Definitely got a convert here

over a year ago

"am off to the shop now

Mike

No way...Ive been using it for years and never done me any harm,and i am nice and smooth where it counts"

thanks for that good to have propper feedback from a user of the product

cheers

Mike

over a year ago

Ok shaving can be hard, but this is my advice. Firstly if you have alot of hair, then trim it first using an electric trimmer. You can buy these ones for trimming facial hair, they do fine.

Now when you go to shave, its very open to use a new razor. Because you want a fresh blade for a clean shave.

Now what type of razors you use, depend on yourself. I personally used to use mach3 blades, but I've stopped using them since they are useless.

I now shave with the old style single blade razor. This might seem sort of scary for those who are not used to it. But it is much better to shave with.

Once you have your razor and the hair has been trimmed. You then need to clean, so use some soap or whatever and warm water.

Theres two options here, one is to have a hot bath, and shave under the water. Another is to have the shower head spraying water over the area you are shaving. I find both work fine.

When you shave, always shave in with the hair and not against. This means if the hair is growing down, then you shave down, not up.

People who shave against there hair usually end up with soreness.

After you shave shaved, and have washed the are with warm water.

You need to close your pores. Your pores in your skin will after have been opened up from the warm water, so you need to use some cold water on the area to close them. Trust me this is a bit uncomfortable. But it has to be done.

Then after this, you pat the area dry with a clean towel.

Next you should use a moisturizer or an aftershave balm.

My suggestions are the L'Oreal men expert range. There aftershave balm is good, but I prefer to use one of there moisturizers such as the Hydra Energetic.

They are fairly cheap and you can buy them in sainsbury's or anywhere

Also my shaving tips here, are very useful for men.Especially those of us who get sore necks after shaving.

So as just to recap.

Lots of hot water

New razor blade

Shave in the direction of the hair

(Pull the skin of the area tight if you can)

Take your time

Wash the area with warm water

Wash the area with cold water

Pat dry with a towel

Use some product afterwards as mentioned.

Anyways hope that helps some of you out.

over a year ago

i know this may sounds really random but, if you do get a rash, put toothpaste on it for 1 hour and it goes :D

over a year ago

veet or wax is best for me

over a year ago

"i know this may sounds really random but, if you do get a rash, put toothpaste on it for 1 hour and it goes :D "
toothpaste TOOTHPASTE !!! you MAD lol ouch

over a year ago

personally.. i epilate.. hurt the 1st times.. ok now.. a tad tender around base of my cock.. but no hassle on balls.. then just run over it quickly once a week now.. nice job.. and you don't get the growing back prickles as with shaving.. and defo no rash

i use the phillips satinelle ice.. really quite gentle by comparison with some others.. ceramic pincers not sharp metal ones..

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"personally.. i epilate.. hurt the 1st times.. ok now.. a tad tender around base of my cock.. but no hassle on balls.. then just run over it quickly once a week now.. nice job.. and you don't get the growing back prickles as with shaving.. and defo no rash

i use the phillips satinelle ice.. really quite gentle by comparison with some others.. ceramic pincers not sharp metal ones.. "

You have my utmost respect if you epilate your balls I could'nt bare the though of it near my foo foo

over a year ago

lol... i must admit it was with some trepidation that i applied machine to scrote the 1st time!!!

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

If you get a shaving rash try dissolving some aspirin in a small amount of water, you really want to make a paste.

Smear it on the rash and leave for an hour, it will take away the redness and swelling.

over a year ago

nice to hear a guy that epilates i love to do it keeps it smooth all the time and as you say no prickly itchy grow back

over a year ago

"nice to hear a guy that epilates i love to do it keeps it smooth all the time and as you say no prickly itchy grow back"

you love to do it..hmmmm..come do it for me anytime

over a year ago

"nice to hear a guy that epilates i love to do it keeps it smooth all the time and as you say no prickly itchy grow back

you love to do it..hmmmm..come do it for me anytime "

I would love to do it for you as i am sure you could for me as there are always a few i miss

over a year ago

"nice to hear a guy that epilates i love to do it keeps it smooth all the time and as you say no prickly itchy grow back

you love to do it..hmmmm..come do it for me anytime

I would love to do it for you as i am sure you could for me as there are always a few i miss "

i'll go charge it up right now!!!

By *onyericsoncpl4uCouple
over a year ago

gloucester

gillet fusion very good never makes me itch

over a year ago

Another new thing I have just discovered is called Shaving Alum

Its like a little bar of soap that you wet and rub onto where you have shaved. It instantly stops any cuts or nicks you get while shaving from bleeding. Its a natural antiseptic, and it just works great. Well worth using

over a year ago

"Another new thing I have just discovered is called Shaving Alum

Its like a little bar of soap that you wet and rub onto where you have shaved. It instantly stops any cuts or nicks you get while shaving from bleeding. Its a natural antiseptic, and it just works great. Well worth using "

were u get it from? xx

over a year ago

hi. a male who shaves . always use good quality razor and i rub in a little sudocream . the babies bum cream lol . really works for me and a pot lasts months , good luck

over a year ago

i suggest a sensitive after shave balm i use one from wilkos on my face its 0nly 0.99p works a treat no rash,no irritation.

give it a go u got nothing too lose .

over a year ago

"i suggest a sensitive after shave balm i use one from wilkos on my face its 0nly 0.99p works a treat no rash,no irritation.

give it a go u got nothing too lose ."

will it be ok on my balls xx

over a year ago

Try smooth grade wet or dry

over a year ago

You can get in chemists or shops aimed at specialized stuff for male grooming.

You can also buy it online.

over a year ago

"Another new thing I have just discovered is called Shaving Alum

Its like a little bar of soap that you wet and rub onto where you have shaved. It instantly stops any cuts or nicks you get while shaving from bleeding. Its a natural antiseptic, and it just works great. Well worth using "

is that like the old fashioned styptic pencil my old dad used to use?

over a year ago

I dont know. Its like a small bar of soap that you wet and rub onto your face. It instantly stops any cuts you might have gotten from shaving. Its made from sodium and some other stuff. Its alchohol free. Thats basically I know. Its been around for a few hundred years, and is used for all sorts of stuff.

By *andbwells69Couple
over a year ago

Balloch

We have always found that the best way to shave is to use hair conditioner and a good multiblade razor.

If it is the first time then, obviously, you need to shorten the hair so it can be shaved.

Then cover with hair conditioner. We have always found that the best results always come from shaving against the hair growth. Frequent washing out of the razor in very hot water is also required.

When finished, and smooth, rinse the hair conditioner off and spray the shaved area with a non-scented anti-perspirant (honest it doesn't sting, or burn, if it isn't a 'flavoured' one).

Hope this helps.

over a year ago

Yeah my missus has a shaving rash round her fanny ,,,still shag her like!! lol lol

By *istress SassyCouple
over a year ago

manchester

I can't shave as get a rash no matter what I do and it's really painful and itchy when hair grows back too.

I can't use veet etc, as I have sensitive skin and it always burns and causes rashes.

I have resorted to waxing but that hurts and I get sick of having it done so I have booked an appointment for laser removal next week.

Will have to come back and tell you how it goes!

By *attoed medicMan
over a year ago

worcs/black country

must admit, I tried veet once and it burnt my balls so never going back there again. I now use a quattro razor and shaving oil (the menthol one leaves a lovely tingle) although good old baby oil works just as well. You can then use a cream or conditioner over the top if you want but I find it's better to be in the shower so water is constantly flowing over your bits. I always shave against the grain and have never had a rash.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

In a lot of cases the shaving rash you folks talk of is not shaving rash at all.

People make the classic mistake of using very hot water and end up with razor burns. Never use water hotter than you would normally bath in.

I personally used to get shaving rash all the time when using shaving foam but i now use shaving oil and have not had a problem since so maybe you could try that.

Steve

over a year ago

We use Magic hair remover ,get it from ebay works great, no rash and all gone in 7mins.

over a year ago

I (mrs) use a new razor, soak in the bath for 5 mins (me and the razor!) exfoliate first, stops ingrown hairs then soap up, shower gel or hair conditioner, shave legs first, then pussy. Quick shower off with warm, then cold water to close pores. Dry off and moisturise with his after shave balm. Shave everyday and never had a problem.

over a year ago

I have just tried the new veet orchid rose not recommended sitting here stinging on fire ouch

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i have just shaved everywhere and i dont have any problems at all with any stinging or anything else

over a year ago

the more often you shave the better. use a shaving foam too. If you shave lots you dont get a rash or the itchy regrowth. you do get a super smooth sexy pussy tho xx

over a year ago

i just used veet & a razor last week & went totally smooth for the first time ever & its GREAT!! i just keep on top of it with a razor n soap everyday now

feels excellent!! infact im finding that my hand on random occasions seems to slip down the front of me jeans before i even realise what im doing

feels bloody luvly it does

Post new Message to Thread