Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What am I doing wrong?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've messaged about 4-5 people without any luck.

It would be nice to get some feedback.

I know my online skills are a bit bad but surely not that bad.

What is so difficult about arranging a meet? This is a little annoying.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can't help you with no meets but can tell you Pycelle is not a eunuch if that helps.

The eunuch is Varys.

over a year ago

try this post after 500 letters

keep trying good luck

ps go to a club for a social

over a year ago

A little actually.

I'm 2 seasons in and I've only managed to figure about 2 or 3 of the characters.

So is there something wrong with my profile?

over a year ago

"try this post after 500 letters

keep trying good luck

ps go to a club for a social "

Thanks mate. Will keep going

I'm not that keen on the idea of clubs. Doesn't really float my boat

over a year ago

Well, I think you have a lovely profile and if your namesake were a eunuch, I would imagine many women would be up for the challenge! Hang in there.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

6 weeks in and you haven't had a reply, hmmmm, it all sounds a bit suspicious to me. The women on here have hardly any messages to reply to, what the hell do they do all day ffs

Ok, sarcastic bit over, if you want to succeed on here, patience is a virtue that will stand you in good stead. There have been many threads on the same subject over the 6 yrs that I have been here, and you will get plenty of hopefully positive advice from forumites old enough to be your dad.

Your profile looks ok, so even if you're not into clubs, get yourself known in other ways like posting on here more (in a positive way) and above all and beyond, if ya get a meet at the end of it, consider it a bonus

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

4 or 5 whole people? And not one was interested. Well, it seems like you've certainly given it your best shot and completely exhausted all potential options.

What were your expectations when you joined?

There are many possible reasons. It may be down to you or it may be that you haven't done anything "wrong". It could be that the people you messaged are busy, have better offers, didn't fancy you, didn't like your message, or anyone of hundreds of reasons.

Threads here on 'why can't I get meets?' and 'what am I doing wrong?' are really common. Use the search and look over a few past ones. The same advice will apply to you.

over a year ago

Try visiting a local wizard and obtaining the sword of Gargamensch, then if you roll higher than a 15 you can use the Wings of Always spell which will cause all the local wenches knickers to disappear before you allowing you access to their viginities.

Or

Find another way to meet women.

over a year ago

"Can't help you with no meets but can tell you Pycelle is not a eunuch if that helps.

The eunuch is Varys. "

over a year ago

Jeeze not another single bloke moaning ffs

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Being a Jedi, I find receiving answers to my messages very easy.

The content of aforesaid answers is a little concerning at times, but I can't be tempted by the dark side.

Patience, my young apprentice.

over a year ago

What are you doing wrong? You messaged 4 or 5 people? Really? Have you seen how many members are part of fab??? does the obvious need to be stated here? Lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"What are you doing wrong? You messaged 4 or 5 people? Really? Have you seen how many members are part of fab??? does the obvious need to be stated here? Lol"

20,000 people are in fab 'of an evening' and of those, the number who match your criteria, fancy having sex with you and are available to meet when you want are 1. And I shagged her last night.

over a year ago

I suppose you can only work with what you have, so it wont be easy

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"What are you doing wrong? You messaged 4 or 5 people? Really? Have you seen how many members are part of fab??? does the obvious need to be stated here? Lol

20,000 people are in fab 'of an evening' and of those, the number who match your criteria, fancy having sex with you and are available to meet when you want are 1. And I shagged her last night. "

You sir are a bounder and a cad!

Fancy nicking his bird

Tch!

over a year ago

If I was nearer and you had messaged me I would have been happy to chat and see if there was an attraction. You seem perfectly normal to me

over a year ago

Mate,take no notice of the sarcastic mob.i had it last week.had some great advice and now the replies are coming,but 4-5 messages?.send out a few more!good luck.

over a year ago

"Jeeze not another single bloke moaning ffs "

you dont have to reply do you?.just pass the thread by!FFS.

over a year ago

Definately didn't steal my girl lol he's not B's type

J

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"What are you doing wrong? You messaged 4 or 5 people? Really? Have you seen how many members are part of fab??? does the obvious need to be stated here? Lol

20,000 people are in fab 'of an evening' and of those, the number who match your criteria, fancy having sex with you and are available to meet when you want are 1. And I shagged her last night.

Fancy nicking his bird

Tch!"

Think I'll shag her tonight

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"try this post after 500 letters

keep trying good luck

ps go to a club for a social

Thanks mate. Will keep going

I'm not that keen on the idea of clubs. Doesn't really float my boat"

Try a social that's not in club then: http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/uk/183891

over a year ago

i know how he feels you msg people with no reply it can be frustrating. i understand some fab people on here receive loads of msgs but surely a simple little reply wouldn't hurt

over a year ago

I'm 6'2 with wide shoulders, nice blue eyes and a great smile with near perfect teeth.

I'm an average build and exercise fairly regularly.

The above is ok, but is not really selling you.

I'm 6'2 with wide shoulders, nice blue eyes and a great smile. the part about near perfect teeth, almost sounds negative, and to be honest not important unless you are looking for a female dentist to go out with.

Average and fairly, are not very positive words either.

Remember your profile is like a CV, its the first thing people see, sell your self mate.

As for stating you rules, personally I would lose that too.

And maybe think of changing your name to something less geeky and more sexually hard hitting and relevant like Hunky6footer24.

Hope this helps and stay chilled.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"i know how he feels you msg people with no reply it can be frustrating. i understand some fab people on here receive loads of msgs but surely a simple little reply wouldn't hurt"

If you find sending messages (which you choose to do) frustrating then imagine how frustrating and time consuming replying to the 50+ messages some women and couples receive every day would be.

over a year ago

Its definatley unsettling but you have to remember that there are more than likely FAR more men on this website than women, and women, all of them, will be getting literally hundreds of messages a day by men just wanting to fuck their way through this website, so make sure every message is thought out, catchy, and make sure you read their profile! also make sure your profile isn't waffling on!

over a year ago

"I'm 6'2 with wide shoulders, nice blue eyes and a great smile with near perfect teeth.

I'm an average build and exercise fairly regularly.

The above is ok, but is not really selling you.

I'm 6'2 with wide shoulders, nice blue eyes and a great smile. the part about near perfect teeth, almost sounds negative, and to be honest not important unless you are looking for a female dentist to go out with.

Average and fairly, are not very positive words either.

Remember your profile is like a CV, its the first thing people see, sell your self mate.

As for stating you rules, personally I would lose that too.

And maybe think of changing your name to something less geeky and more sexually hard hitting and relevant like Hunky6footer24.

Hope this helps and stay chilled."

Teeth are important to me

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 12:36:00]

over a year ago

Fancy nicking his bird

Tch!

Think I'll shag her tonight"

Well, I cant stop what you dream about can I

over a year ago

Maybe they are put off that you carnt acomm.... Your profile is not that bad tbh

over a year ago

I think your profile is fab ! X however as like many girls on here I get 100-200 contacts a day x of those I reply to maybe 5 a day x of those I may swap numbers with 1 - I then chat by text and sometimes its drifts away. For every 10 I swapped numbers with I meet 1 or 2. Therefore out of 500 messages I am meeting about 1. As from my veri's - I am a busy meeter as well.

I think you can see from this that the odds are in fact really really low xx wish there was more time in the day xx

GOOD LUCK XXXX

over a year ago

"Well, I think you have a lovely profile and if your namesake were a eunuch, I would imagine many women would be up for the challenge! Hang in there. "

Thanks. That's nice of you

Well from the looks of things. It looks like I'll have to be a bit more patient.

And it's nice to know that some people like what they have seen and read.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Mate,take no notice of the sarcastic mob.i had it last week.had some great advice and now the replies are coming,but 4-5 messages?.send out a few more!good luck."

I'm sure the guy would have noticed my jolly jape was in jest. Perhaps not impressed by it, granted, but it wasn't meant with nasty intent and malice aforethought.

over a year ago

"Mate,take no notice of the sarcastic mob.i had it last week.had some great advice and now the replies are coming,but 4-5 messages?.send out a few more!good luck.

I'm sure the guy would have noticed my jolly jape was in jest. Perhaps not impressed by it, granted, but it wasn't meant with nasty intent and malice aforethought. "

Don't worry I'm not that sensitive.

Besides it takes quite alot to tick me off so no harm done.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Hey Pycell, I'll sing ya a song to cheer youse up! It's to the tune of 'what am I doin' hangin' round' by The Monkees.

*sings*

What am I doin' hanging round?

I should be on that bed and gone

I've been here 6 week no more

And shoulda had 6 meets or more

What am I doing wrong?

My profile is good so am told

Why is this now a song?

I wanna shag before I'm old

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You know those annoying bratty kids at school? Computer geeks and always did their homework?

Now you know what became of one!

Seriously, your profile is good and as per my sensible advice above (although poorly disguised within a mantle of sheer silliness) be patient.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Mate,take no notice of the sarcastic mob.i had it last week.had some great advice and now the replies are coming,but 4-5 messages?.send out a few more!good luck."

as much as some may see it as sarcastic, I think some dont care to sugarcoat what is said because in the end i don't think that helps someone either.....

I do wonder what peoples expectations are when they join the site... especially when the above post goes out after 1,2,4,6 weeks... because that says to me they were expecting sex on tap and womens knickers drop at the merest hello....

the reality of most peoples swinging, especially single guys, is that it can a while to get meets... and just because swingers may like sex, it doesn't mean they will have sex with just anyone.....

there is a difference between just any sex, and finding people you may be compatible with for good sex..... if you wanted just any sex i would suggest more success with a card in most phone boxes...

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Cute

There's a social in Sheffield in November. Get to that and meet people and you'll be drowning in ladies in no time.

over a year ago

"Cute

There's a social in Sheffield in November. Get to that and meet people and you'll be drowning in ladies in no time. "

That's nice of you to say. Thanks.

Well I'll see about that Sheffield meet.

Although my business does tend to get busy in the run up to Christmas it's funny I was supposed to be quitting it.

But I'm sure I can manage it.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Worth a song, eh?

over a year ago

"Worth a song, eh? "

I dare say that you're right.

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Cute

There's a social in Sheffield in November. Get to that and meet people and you'll be drowning in ladies in no time.

That's nice of you to say. Thanks.

Well I'll see about that Sheffield meet.

Although my business does tend to get busy in the run up to Christmas it's funny I was supposed to be quitting it.

But I'm sure I can manage it. "

If you get a chance of meeting Wyrdwoman, don't miss, lovely and super sexy.

over a year ago

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for being helpful and supportive.

And yes I'd love to go to that social meet in Sheffield where and when it is.

And just as importantly I've learned that Pycell is the guy played by Julian Glover and is not the Eunuch

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for being helpful and supportive.

And just as importantly I've learned that Pycell is the guy played by Julian Glover and is not the Eunuch "

maybe you could change your name to duracell instead

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for being helpful and supportive.

And just as importantly I've learned that Pycell is the guy played by Julian Glover and is not the Eunuch "

Link for social: http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/meets/195384

By *rs and Mr PandoraCouple
over a year ago

LUTTERWORTH

"Try visiting a local wizard and obtaining the sword of Gargamensch, then if you roll higher than a 15 you can use the Wings of Always spell which will cause all the local wenches knickers to disappear before you allowing you access to their viginities.

Or

Find another way to meet women.

"

Post new Message to Thread