Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Opinions please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now I've got over my social awkwardness (yes I suffer even in online forums) and have tried to develop my profile to what I think describes me better than my initial draft, could I get some constructive comments on it? How do I come across and any better ideas for a username. Never had much success with band names in the past either

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good profile but you need to remove the last line about face pictures in private as one is your main avatar, shame you are so far away

Welcome to Fab and the forums

over a year ago

Thanks for the tip

over a year ago

"Now I've got over my social awkwardness (yes I suffer even in online forums) and have tried to develop my profile to what I think describes me better than my initial draft, could I get some constructive comments on it? How do I come across and any better ideas for a username. Never had much success with band names in the past either "

You had me at MrMarmite

By *ubberdollieWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

I think u come across as unassuming,intelligent and sweet. But there is just too much to read!

By *ause and EffectCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"Now I've got over my social awkwardness (yes I suffer even in online forums) and have tried to develop my profile to what I think describes me better than my initial draft, could I get some constructive comments on it? How do I come across and any better ideas for a username. Never had much success with band names in the past either "

My feedback (and I am no expert!) that for me it was a bit rambly. I'm a glass half full type and was interested in what you want - not what you don't want (eg it's great that you're feeling more confident but as a reader I don't really need to know it

I think you could entirely drop the penultimate paragraph (I didn't find it added much) and could think about phrasing things in the positive eg I'd like more great mmfs (rather than potentially insulting those you've already played with )

I hope it helps - but as I say, I'm no expert!! Taz x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I like you from your profile, but it really depends on those people who are your target playmates and their thoughts.

Overall, I think it would be better as shorter; the current length and detail may be ideal if you were going dating, but is likely too much, just for swinging. I realise we can get friends from Fab too, and there are some top class people on here, but you'll likely gravitate towards each other anyway.

It's good that you've been to clubs, and I'd recommend that you perhaps don't expect too much from Fab, and keep it as part of your overall menu for play choice.

See if you can reduce it, then come back and ask us again. I think the tip above, about keeping it focused on what you like/want and can offer, would be a great start. Good luck!

over a year ago

Thanks guys. Being concise is not one of my strong points but I've altered it a little. An improvement or can't you tell the difference?

over a year ago

There is only a little about you and what you are looking for. Most of it is negativity about your time before, how people were awful the last time, what you've previously got up to I'm clubs. None of that is relevant and comes across as whinging.

I don't like the poem either but if you like it them keep it. I expect many would just skip over it.

over a year ago

"Thanks guys. Being concise is not one of my strong points but I've altered it a little. An improvement or can't you tell the difference?"

honestly? it feels a bit "over sharey"...the paragraph about people being insular just comes across as someone who was turned down and is bitter about it...and the poem adds nothing but length...

it wouldn't make us want to meet you to be frank...especially the desperado comment...

over a year ago

"There is only a little about you and what you are looking for. Most of it is negativity about your time before, how people were awful the last time, what you've previously got up to I'm clubs. None of that is relevant and comes across as whinging.

I don't like the poem either but if you like it them keep it. I expect many would just skip over it.

"

This and I really don't like your profile picture, freaked me out. I would keep your face pic to private then as that one you can't tell what you look like anyway.

over a year ago

Yeah I accept all that about negativity and I didn't mean it to come across like that. And I've gone back to my other profile pic.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/13 15:19:45]

Post new Message to Thread