Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

No shows!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just arranged a quickie last minute type meet and wasted an hour of my time driving to and from the meeting spot for the person not to show...

How do you stop it putting you off...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

From the FAQs:

* Don't put yourself in a situation where if someone doesn't turn up, you'll be upset. So don't travel 100s of miles and book into a hotel in the expectation of meeting someone unless you've met them beforehand.

You have to use common sense - did you speak to them on the phone? Did you arrange to meet in a public place, like a pub? A last minute meet is a thrill but most likely to be from someone pulling your leg.

I had a few no shows when I joined the site. I soon learned how to recognise them from the genuine meets, and make sure I wasn't left standing on a snowy train station ever again. Just report to admin, delete, and block!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just arranged a quickie last minute type meet and wasted an hour of my time driving to and from the meeting spot for the person not to show...

How do you stop it putting you off...?"

I had one Saturday night, it's not nice. Just need to forget it, it's been a learning curve and that's that. Just try not to let it happen again

over a year ago

Cheers guys!

I'll get the hang of this eventually...

over a year ago

maybe the fact you went to "meat" them put them off

over a year ago

btw I would never meet someone who hasn't phoned me first, and has withheld their number.

over a year ago

"maybe the fact you went to "meat" them put them off"

That's actually a genuine typo!

I'll be fixing that...

over a year ago

Full balls = empty head.

if you do the usual, chat, phone, cam, you would have more chance of a real meet.

over a year ago

Last minute, short notice meets with anyone that you don't know are always going to be a high risk strategy. Great when they work out but probably better off having a wank!

over a year ago

"Last minute, short notice meets with anyone that you don't know are always going to be a high risk strategy. Great when they work out but probably better off having a wank!"

Always going to be hit and miss, just got to accept that when you arrange it

over a year ago

"Last minute, short notice meets with anyone that you don't know are always going to be a high risk strategy. Great when they work out but probably better off having a wank!"

Thats what I always thought so I like to chat on the phone at least once first and chat for a few days.

Try to meet those who are verified for spontaneous meets.

Not had a no show yet, think I'd be more angry than upset, peoples lack of respect for other peoples time is just shocking.

over a year ago

Had a no show yesterday in pub

waiting hours so advertised a meet there

a nice guy turned up in end so was all good

over a year ago

Thankfully its never happened to me but it might be because I talk for ages. Good luck in the future xx

over a year ago

I was wondering if more women are no shows than men. Or maybe someone pretending to be a woman to get pics and sex talk from straight men. I've heard of a lot of women not turning up

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

We had a guy chatted on phone for weeks .thought we could rely on him to turn up .the prick didn't so we do club meets only now unless we arrange to meet with someone from club or a previous encounter

over a year ago

Hi, It happens to everyone on here. You MUST qualify the meet. Exchange phone numbers, email addresses, IM chats, and even after all that I'd then recommend a social meet, equidistant. But even with all that, DON'T book a hotel, because its amazing how many still don't show. Its easy enough to get a room when you're together. After eight last minute meet cancellations last year, I quit booking hotels ... because its the guy who makes the booking who takes the financial hit. Had one couple on here who were always very keen to meet but never did, ever. I'd keep getting messages from them along the lines of .... we're free on such and such a date, can you book the Hilton at .... or book the Holiday Inn at ..... for us. At least they had reasonable taste in where I should be spending my money. So, caveat emptor... and good luck. On the plus side, good meets are there ... its just finding them. Good luck

over a year ago

"Hi, It happens to everyone on here. You MUST qualify the meet. Exchange phone numbers, email addresses, IM chats, and even after all that I'd then recommend a social meet, equidistant. But even with all that, DON'T book a hotel, because its amazing how many still don't show. Its easy enough to get a room when you're together. After eight last minute meet cancellations last year, I quit booking hotels ... because its the guy who makes the booking who takes the financial hit. Had one couple on here who were always very keen to meet but never did, ever. I'd keep getting messages from them along the lines of .... we're free on such and such a date, can you book the Hilton at .... or book the Holiday Inn at ..... for us. At least they had reasonable taste in where I should be spending my money. So, caveat emptor... and good luck. On the plus side, good meets are there ... its just finding them. Good luck "

Surely for a hotel meet between a couple and male, the bill should still be split in half and not paid for by the male?

In terms of no shows, just use the tools

of this websites including verifications. Ultimately as said above already, think without hard on and sex on brain and instincts normally work better!

over a year ago

Ive found this site surprisingly lacking in time wasters for me - had a couple of cancellations but both were the day before - so no problem. All others have turned up on time with a nice bottle of wine in their hand or met for a drink. On other 'dating' sites the time wasters were shocking !

These are my rules and may assist as tips.

1. Its usually about a week before I would meet someone - often more as busy so lots of time to chat and out nutters

2. I never ever swap any pics I havent got on here - never sexy pics - s out pic hunters

3. Never ever get involved in detailed sex chat - s out the virtual wankers

4. Will Skype/ cam/ phone if pushed but only to say hello - never the cam wankers

5. If someone is a bit risky as in no veri's , young etc - they get the 5pm appetiser meet before I go out or have a more definite 2nd meet etc - less disappointment if they dont show

6. I also offer club meets at short notice if I'm not totally convinced ( not many of them seem to turn up ! ) ha ha

GOOD LUCK and soz OP you were let down xx

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

2. I never ever swap any pics I havent got on here - never sexy pics - s out pic hunters

3. Never ever get involved in detailed sex chat - s out the virtual wankers

4. Will Skype/ cam/ phone if pushed but only to say hello - never the cam wankers

"

Haha, yes, dating sites taught me these three too!! I will also not get ready to go until they have confirmed that day, and expect them to stay in touch frequently in the few hours leading up to the meet, answer any texts promptly etc.

Never been let down doing this.

over a year ago

Thanks for all the great advice peeps!

I will defo learn from it...

Post new Message to Thread