Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What's the difference??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was wondering about this earlier tonight.

What is the difference between having an affair, and having very regular meets with a fb?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldnt have an emotional attachment beyond friendship with a fb or fwb.

In an affair I assume, for me, I'd have an emotional investment more like love.

Affairs for me arent just about the sex, fuckbuddy relationships pretty much are.

Just my take tho "/

over a year ago

I was kind of thinking along those lines, but wanted to get everyone else's take on things too x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

As above but I think the lines can get very blurred in a fb relationship and sometimes one of the people is hoping for more.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

an affair is when you love them

over a year ago

"an affair is when you love them"

I was thinking something like that.

I'd love them, not just the persona they project when their cock is hard, lol.

over a year ago

is that the assumption that FB's are cheating? and affair's are based on love?

anything based on love should be open and honest and on wanting to be together..not managing to get away from the partner for an hr/day/weekend.That to me is just fucking basically with some other aspects thrown in...of course..if theres talk of leaving the respective partners to be with each other..then yes thats an affair.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I didn't take it as referring to affairs as cheating, more like affair in the old fashioned sense of the word.

I will admit to faint surprise that the question was asked at all but now its in the context of cheating I understan it more.

To me sexual infidelity would be less hurtful than emotional infidelity....to the person who cheated on me both would result in equal pain...so from that point of view there's no difference.

over a year ago

An affair is dishonest, hurtfull, dangerous and usually ends up in pain for one of the triangle.

A FB, can enhance a relationship and make it last longer than without a FB.

just my 2 cents worth after dealing with this subject 5 times a day for many years.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

a fuck buddy or affair its still cheating tho

over a year ago

I asked because this has been a topic if discussion amongst friends, and they had a variety of opinions.

I was wondering if you guys in here had similar opinions

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"a fuck buddy or affair its still cheating tho"

yes same old thing.. affair or FB you are in a relationship and if married its still cheating.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"a fuck buddy or affair its still cheating tho

yes same old thing.. affair or FB you are in a relationship and if married its still cheating. "

fuck then im cheating lol

over a year ago

Id prefer a fuck buddy

over a year ago

"As above but I think the lines can get very blurred in a fb relationship and sometimes one of the people is hoping for more."

Always hoping for more, i am greedy, lol.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"Id prefer a fuck buddy "

exclusive or not?

over a year ago

If I found out my partner had been unfaithful it wouldn't make a difference if it was just sex or he loved them either way he would have destroyed the relationship.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"If I found out my partner had been unfaithful it wouldn't make a difference if it was just sex or he loved them either way he would have destroyed the relationship. "

theres no emotion with a fb

over a year ago

Wouldn't matter its still cheating in my eyes.

over a year ago

well I would say an affair is when one of you is in a relationship as anyone & everyone can have a FB or a FWB.

or looking at it another way FB's are all about having great sex without emotion so NSA & an affair has the emotional attachment....

over a year ago

If its behind a partners back then I don't really think it matters what its called,will it make a difference if you get found out whether you call it an affair or just having sex with an fb.......I would'nt have thought that either description is going to soften the blow

If its not behind a partners back then fb for me would mean a more casual arrangement than an affair

By *heScotandthegirlCouple
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

"If its behind a partners back then I don't really think it matters what its called,will it make a difference if you get found out whether you call it an affair or just having sex with an fb.......I would'nt have thought that either description is going to soften the blow

If its not behind a partners back then fb for me would mean a more casual arrangement than an affair "

I agree

If its not behind a partners back I'd see an affair as more intense but a FB might not be just one at a time.

Ruby x

over a year ago

"If I found out my partner had been unfaithful it wouldn't make a difference if it was just sex or he loved them either way he would have destroyed the relationship. "

Surely any kind of relationship resulting in sex while in another relationship is an affair, regardless of whether you have deep feelings for them or not?!

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

To me an affair is where your partner does not know, a FB is when your partner knows and is happy with the situation

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

one good lover is what I need but not sure if hes out there

By *uckcouple-nwCouple
over a year ago

St Helens

We occasionally have an open / cuckold style, relrelationship (not everyone's cup of tea I know) where J is able to have a FB, even on a regular basis.

The difference here is that I am fully informed of the situation and have given my consent

If however it was to happen deliberately behind my back then i would still consider it as cheating

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

If both your partners, if you have them know about it then I would say fb. If they don't then its an affair. If neither have a partner then it can't be an affair as to me that implies cheating

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

Affairs are usually hidden and involve some sort of attachment, FBs are just there for fucking.

over a year ago

"Affairs are usually hidden and involve some sort of attachment, FBs are just there for fucking."

That's my take on it, too.

over a year ago

Not a lot of difference is there.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

affairs are usually kept secret because love is involved a fb is not exclusive im not sure which I prefer as long as nobody gets hurt its ok

over a year ago

I think if it behind your partners back then either way its cheating, and an affair in my view is when you meet someone on a regular semi regualr basis, without your partners consent

By *ebsCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Orpington/london

"I wouldnt have an emotional attachment beyond friendship with a fb or fwb.

In an affair I assume, for me, I'd have an emotional investment more like love.

Affairs for me arent just about the sex, fuckbuddy relationships pretty much are.

Just my take tho "/"

over a year ago

"I was wondering about this earlier tonight.

What is the difference between having an affair, and having very regular meets with a fb? "

Didn't think you needed to be on a relationship to have a fb.... A fb is simply someone you have no strings sex with even if single... No?

over a year ago

In my opinion there is no difference its semantics at work .

Affair a emotional attachment by name a fuck buddy again we are all emotional involved with our buddies on some level .

Again emotional wording ......the true is unless its one offs emotions will be present the real test is how you deal with said emotion .

over a year ago

fbs/fwb dont have to be in another relationship, they can be 2 individuals that just meet up for more than just tea and cakes.

for an affair, one or other (or both) have to be in another relationship.

this is how we interpret the difference.

By *corcherMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

I read somewhere that swingers separate sex from love. Whilst it's a sweeping generalisation, I get the point. Sex is something I do for fun. Love is an emotion I share with someone. Just because I do sex with someone does not mean I love them. Of course this means the other person involved should share the same view, otherwise you're just hurting them.

I see fb/affair in the same light. An affair involves an emotional involvement. This does not imply cheating though. That depends on your circumstances. You know if you're cheating & you need to live with your self.

over a year ago

I was involved emotionally once on here. Love? Well very close to it yes. But love on here doesn't mix well, you lose them, so closeness yes but no more love-type feelings

over a year ago

"I was involved emotionally once on here. Love? Well very close to it yes. But love on here doesn't mix well, you lose them, so closeness yes but no more love-type feelings"

Better to have tasted the bitter sweet nectar of love than to live a life devoid of such things .

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"I read somewhere that swingers separate sex from love. Whilst it's a sweeping generalisation, I get the point. Sex is something I do for fun. Love is an emotion I share with someone. Just because I do sex with someone does not mean I love them. Of course this means the other person involved should share the same view, otherwise you're just hurting them.

I see fb/affair in the same light. An affair involves an emotional involvement. This does not imply cheating though. That depends on your circumstances. You know if you're cheating & you need to live with your self. "

I so agree with this

over a year ago

"I was involved emotionally once on here. Love? Well very close to it yes. But love on here doesn't mix well, you lose them, so closeness yes but no more love-type feelings

Better to have tasted the bitter sweet nectar of love than to live a life devoid of such things . "

Maybe, but I should have bided my time. Oh well

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"I was involved emotionally once on here. Love? Well very close to it yes. But love on here doesn't mix well, you lose them, so closeness yes but no more love-type feelings"

love imo is impossible on here

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

If you are married...

There is no difference...

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

a fb I have been seeing told me he loves me today this is going to complicate things

over a year ago

What is the difference between having an affair, and having very regular meets with a fb? "

I thought an affair is when someone is in a relationship and seeing someone secretly/behind their back. Fuck buddy to me is just what it says and without being in involvement with others.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

What is the difference between having an affair, and having very regular meets with a fb?

I thought an affair is when someone is in a relationship and seeing someone secretly/behind their back. Fuck buddy to me is just what it says and without being in involvement with others."

oops then mine is n affair

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

You can be in love in an affair. An fb is a friend - you may well feel very fond of them - but they are a friend nevertheless. If it becomes more then it is an affair.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/09/13 20:18:42]

over a year ago

With an affair there is emotional attachment within the relationship, with FB or FWB, it is just that. A friend that you can have fun with, without all emotional crap that goes with a relationship.

That is how I see it. xx

over a year ago

You can be in love in an affair. An fb is a friend - you may well feel very fond of them - but they are a friend nevertheless. If it becomes more then it is an affair."

Yep that and what I said

Post new Message to Thread