Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

when profile has very little detail?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I consider myself a bit of a wordsmith and quite good in chatting to folk and I usually look at the profile and look for that 'hook' in which to generate a message...well thats my way of doing it.

How on earth are you meant to concoct a message when a profile has detail like 'will fill in later'...what more could you put in a message than saying hello.

I think the fab police should put a limit on how many words you need to put in the profile this will at least give us a fighting chance to get chatting on here.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"I consider myself a bit of a wordsmith and quite good in chatting to folk and I usually look at the profile and look for that 'hook' in which to generate a message...well thats my way of doing it.

How on earth are you meant to concoct a message when a profile has detail like 'will fill in later'...what more could you put in a message than saying hello.

I think the fab police should put a limit on how many words you need to put in the profile this will at least give us a fighting chance to get chatting on here."

I find it a good way of filtering. Anyone that can't be bothered to write even a couple of informative sentences in their profile probably won't be the sort of person I can get chatting to. It's like getting blood out of a stone! Lol.

'Hi, my name is ...... and I'm 25, I'm a male looking to meet woman' (this is an example) is my favourite. Basically just written what we can see in the stats on the profile anyway! Lol x

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well having looked at your profile and read your likes/dislikes, rules and regulations...

I'd message you and say 'fit arse'...lol

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

You and half a dozen other people today. Lol x

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

"I find it a good way of filtering. Anyone that can't be bothered to write even a couple of informative sentences in their profile probably won't be the sort of person I can get chatting to. "

This! I might occasionally send a speculative wink to someone with a very sparse profile - usually if there's a photo that catches my eye, 'cos I'm a bloke and very shallow like that (!), but generally the empty profiles tell me to move on to the next one..

By *ovelybumCouple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Some times just a few words are much better than a page long list of likes and dislikes and all the usual cliches.

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

I do wonder at the people who send a single email, often only a few words and in one case just 'interested', which often seem coupled with a profile as sparsely populated. It always leaves me thinking in what, especially when it is a 'straight' guy sending it to me.

I think there must be a lot of people believing in telepathy.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Easy don't message them

over a year ago

"Easy don't message them "

This

Inputs = outputs!!

No effort in a profile - be that text or pics and it doesn't arouse my interest, let alone arouse anything else!

By *olvesguy1970Man
over a year ago

Telford

Some of us can't be to open on our profile due to our jobs but I always send a detailed message and face pic when contacting anyone new x

over a year ago

"Some of us can't be to open on our profile due to our jobs but I always send a detailed message and face pic when contacting anyone new x"

How does a job affect profile content?

There's no need to mention your job - but plenty of scope to be creative, descriptive and interesting!

Same goes for pics - a face shot isn't necessary but interesting pics certainly attract more - well I guess the appropriate word is interest!

By *olvesguy1970Man
over a year ago

Telford

"Some of us can't be to open on our profile due to our jobs but I always send a detailed message and face pic when contacting anyone new x

There's no need to mention your job - but plenty of scope to be creative,

descriptive and interesting!

Same goes for pics - a face shot isn't necessary but interesting pics certainly attract more - well I guess the appropriate word is interest! "

Fair point and taken on board a profile facelift could be in order

over a year ago

"Some of us can't be to open on our profile due to our jobs but I always send a detailed message and face pic when contacting anyone new x

There's no need to mention your job - but plenty of scope to be creative,

descriptive and interesting!

Same goes for pics - a face shot isn't necessary but interesting pics certainly attract more - well I guess the appropriate word is interest!

Fair point and taken on board a profile facelift could be in order "

Wasn't a comment on your profile - haven't looked!!

And as for plastic surgery...............

over a year ago

My profile is short and has very little detail,I like it that way at the moment

I don't believe that forcing a word limit will make any difference,people are either naturally engaging and have personalities that will attract others ......or they're not

Let the cream rise on its on own

over a year ago

My profile is crap, who wants to write me a better one?

over a year ago

Lets be honest here. The gals can afford to have "will fill in later" on their profiles. They will STILL get inundated with messages from guys. And most of those will say "hi, i like your profile, fancy a fuck"? Whereas, us guys seem to have to put down a chapter from war n peace to have a chance!

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We don't message profiles with 'will fill in later' or a couple of sentences. As there is nothing to catch our attention.

By *ombshellWoman
over a year ago

islington

whats even more funny in chat is the 'love your profile' comment when there's fook all on it! cracks me up every time

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There's not much information on which to make a decision if there's no pics and little detail in the profile, except of course, the decision to ignore it.

over a year ago

"There's not much information on which to make a decision if there's no pics and little detail in the profile, except of course, the decision to ignore it. "

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"There's not much information on which to make a decision if there's no pics and little detail in the profile, except of course, the decision to ignore it. "

As often as not, the authors of such profiles are the ones who appear three times a day on here asking for help...I wonder why..

over a year ago

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

It could also be that there wants n needs change all the time.

A single female could sometimes really really be looking for a tall dark slim guy and then next week fancy being boffed silly by a Phil Mitchell look alike.

There is also, shock horror the people that don't use profiles to get meets and prefer meeting at clubs and socials.

But don't send people with 'To be filled in later' on their profile a message saying how you loved their profile, it makes you* look a prat.

*This is a generic 'you' not aimed at anyone in particular. Unless the cap fits

over a year ago

"It could also be that there wants n needs change all the time.

A single female could sometimes really really be looking for a tall dark slim guy and then next week fancy being boffed silly by a Phil Mitchell look alike.

There is also, shock horror the people that don't use profiles to get meets and prefer meeting at clubs and socials.

But don't send people with 'To be filled in later' on their profile a message saying how you loved their profile, it makes you* look a prat.

*This is a generic 'you' not aimed at anyone in particular. Unless the cap fits "

I think Phil has had his day.

I like profiles which shows the member to have a sense of humour akin to mine

over a year ago

Short succinct and completely on the money

Our advice to all site members would be if you cannot grasp the simplicity of 'Easy don't message them' then maybe you should not be here

By *HAEDRUS2013Man
over a year ago

LONDON

I know my profile message could be more detailed and I, at times, come across profile texts that funny and cleverly written. That takes time and effort, and I find it more enjoyable to go for socials, make contacts, sort out pictures and verifications, and let those speak for me.

over a year ago

I think mine was once upon a time too detailed. I think it still is..but i have to show im genuine somehow

...but its still to no avail.

over a year ago

"I consider myself a bit of a wordsmith and quite good in chatting to folk and I usually look at the profile and look for that 'hook' in which to generate a message...well thats my way of doing it.

I think the fab police should put a limit on how many words you need to put in the profile this will at least give us a fighting chance to get chatting on here.

I find it a good way of filtering. Anyone that can't be bothered to write even a couple of informative sentences in their profile probably won't be the sort of person I can get chatting to. It's like getting blood out of a stone! Lol.

'Hi, my name is ...... and I'm 25, I'm a male looking to meet woman' (this is an example) is my favourite. Basically just written what we can see in the stats on the profile anyway! Lol x"

By *utmegsMan
over a year ago

Closer than you think

I do like to see a bit about people on their profile, although I recently had a fantastic meet with a woman who said very little on hers.

On the other hand, I cand stand the masive essays and lists of "don'ts" on some.

over a year ago

I think the fab police should put a limit on how many words you need to put in the profile this will at least give us a fighting chance to get chatting on here."

Nice profile. Shame your not in SW.

By the way... Cute bum. Xx

over a year ago

"Some of us can't be to open on our profile due to our jobs but I always send a detailed message and face pic when contacting anyone new x"

That's a cop out. I have to be careful with my line of work but nothing is given away in my profile. X

By *exiSlutBabeWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

For me a profile is like a shop window, the more I like what I see in it the more likely I am to find out more about the goods inside.

I like an honest profile, that is as informative as possible, I get around 100 mails a day, most of them being 1 liners or having no reference to my own criteria so I eliminate them from my thoughts straight away, the worst are those that ask me to read their profiles when they obviously haven't read mine.

But single males message me, couples tend to just send a friends invite or a wink and don't even bother with a message.

I never look at winks and I don't have anyone on my friends list, I know who my friends are without the need for having them on a list, I use the hotlist to keep track of people I like.

At the end of the day though it is each to their own.

over a year ago

some people do this to avoid tons of messages. Some people would rather message people themselves. The reality is if you don't like someone's profile move on and ignore them rather than trying to force them to do what you want them to do.

over a year ago

Just a thought, but maybe these gals don't want to be inundated with messages, so put "will fill in later".

Maybe they've just joined and having a look at the site before making their mind up about what they actually want from the site.

Or, just maybe, they know that no matter what drivel they have on their profile, they will still get messages asking for meets from the 'any holes a goal' squad.

Post new Message to Thread