Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Medication on show

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I recently had a meet with a female. We chatted before and had a good connection so when I turned up she led me into the living room first. I was really up for some fun but on the centre table was alot of medication packets and from knowledge of my degree knew they were serious stuff. I felt bad but this instantly killed my sex drive and couldn't perform.

Explained to her why and she seemed very offended.

Wondered what other people's _iews on this were?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/08/13 14:42:26]

over a year ago

Whatever your reason for backing out it's ultimately up to you whether you want to go ahead or not ....surely?

over a year ago

I think I would feel offended too.. just because someone needs medication doesn't make them less of a person... I have lots of medication in my kitchen and my bathroom.. mostly my children's not mine..

I'd think it is judgemental to be honest. And can see why she would be offended. Unless of course it was hiv treatment... Could see that being different.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I didn't think any less of her but just the fact that I knew what the medication was for killed my sex drive. She was still a very nice and good looking woman, just wish she had kept it out of sight

over a year ago

It wasn't for mental illness was it?

over a year ago

It's perfectly normal to get turned off. Those are personal items and if she didn't really know you that well, she should've put them away. Screams drama & get the fuck out to me! And maybe a whispers a little "slob" as well.

over a year ago

"It wasn't for mental illness was it?"

This is my guess. I wouldn't dream of hiding something if that's where you normally leave it. Mine is no top of the fridge.

over a year ago

It's perfectly normal to get turned off. Those are personal items and if she didn't really know you that well, she should've put them away. Screams drama & get the fuck out to me! And maybe a whispers a little "slob" as well. The fact she was offended shows drama coming.. Don't feel bad. You were honest and that's way more important.

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Little bit bizarre to leave the medication on show like that and I agree with you the idea behind a meet should a sexy one, similar to bedding being clean and the house etc having a load of medication sitting on the table would kill it for me too!

By *risbsMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm on a truckload of medication for various ailments which, as other posters have said, is a personal thing. I have well controlled epilepsy and asthma and like many people with long term medical conditions, I know how to manage them and ensure that I'm safe and that everyone's comfortable. That said, I am always happy to explain my health situation, but I wouldn't have my meds on display, as it's really nothing for anyone else to be worried about.

To be honest it would probably put me off if I turned up at a meet and saw something that looks like a level of Candy Crush Saga laid out on a table without some reassurance. The OP clearly has some knowledge of what the meds may have been for, and in that position I'd be pulling out in the absence of an explanation. Surely it's always anyone's right to pull out of a meet for whatever reason they see fit (pardon the pun). If someone didn't want to meet me because I have a well controlled medical condition which I don't hide, so be it. I'd treat it just the same as someone who didn't like my poor excuse for a goatee. No offence taken. After all, it's about everyone having fun...

By *octor DeleriumMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Mine is no top of the fridge. "

Unfortunately, not the best place for medication as fridges put out a lot of heat and, as they are usually in the kitchen, there will be other sources of heat and humidity which may affect the medication; read the storage instructions on the leaflet within the packaging, most medication is best stored in a cool, dry environment at ~ 8 C.

Doctor Nasty

Doctor Nasty

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"I recently had a meet with a female. We chatted before and had a good connection so when I turned up she led me into the living room first. I was really up for some fun but on the centre table was alot of medication packets and from knowledge of my degree knew they were serious stuff. I felt bad but this instantly killed my sex drive and couldn't perform.

Wondered what other people's _iews on this were? "

I'd probably have done the same - seems like she was pointedly wanting you to see her meds - sympathy? drama? not approporiate at all. Z

By *urvywelshCouple
over a year ago

Everywhere and nowhere baby

Keep my meds out of sight. Not for anything serious, but its personal to me.

X

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I most likely would have left as well

over a year ago

What were the meds that managed to kill the mood?

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I agree they shouldn't of been on sight, i make an effort when inviting people round that everything is clean and things like medication shouldn't be hanging around on tables anyway.

I dont know if i can judge this one without knowing what the medcation was use for. Mrs x

over a year ago

If it was for AIDS then make you right buddy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The op left because he found that the ladies medications and the condition they indicated killed the mood for him, everything else is pure conjecture and in my opinion very disrespectful to the woman as is the original post.

over a year ago

"The op left because he found that the ladies medications and the condition they indicated killed the mood for him, everything else is pure conjecture and in my opinion very disrespectful to the woman as is the original post."

Ooooooo....raises handbag lol.

over a year ago

even if i had seen them, it would have been the last thing on my mind to be honest

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The op left because he found that the ladies medications and the condition they indicated killed the mood for him, everything else is pure conjecture and in my opinion very disrespectful to the woman as is the original post.

Ooooooo....raises handbag lol."

? I don't understand

over a year ago

"even if i had seen them, it would have been the last thing on my mind to be honest"

unless it said dickshrinkophophine

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"even if i had seen them, it would have been the last thing on my mind to be honest

unless it said dickshrinkophophine"

O that. It's ok if you only take one

over a year ago

"even if i had seen them, it would have been the last thing on my mind to be honest

O that. It's ok if you only take one "

in combination with cocktoclitamephane

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The op left because he found that the ladies medications and the condition they indicated killed the mood for him, everything else is pure conjecture and in my opinion very disrespectful to the woman as is the original post.

? I don't understand"

Actually I do but I wonder why you need to compare me to Margaret Thatcher or patronise my opinion

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

O that. It's ok if you only take one

in combination with cocktoclitamephane"

yes or with strapadicktome it can be a lethal cocktail

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I recently had a meet with a female. We chatted before and had a good connection so when I turned up she led me into the living room first. I was really up for some fun but on the centre table was alot of medication packets and from knowledge of my degree knew they were serious stuff. I felt bad but this instantly killed my sex drive and couldn't perform.

I'm not going to comment on the offence taken cos I don't know what you said or how you said it.

I'd have done the same as you. Sometimes things surprise u s and we don't handle them in the way we would if we were forwarned.

There is nothing to judge. You didn't want sex at that point - your choice - no drama.

Some people get offended on purpose as they think it right foots them and they can act like a victim.

Forget it

over a year ago

Wondered what other people's _iews on this were?

I'm not going to comment on the offence taken cos I don't know what you said or how you said it.

I'd have done the same as you. Sometimes things surprise u s and we don't handle them in the way we would if we were forwarned.

There is nothing to judge. You didn't want sex at that point - your choice - no drama.

Some people get offended on purpose as they think it right foots them and they can act like a victim.

Forget it"

I'd have lied,and turned it onto myself really.If by knowing what possible medication was there and their condition I dont think its best to state the reason why.Sorry but I know it wasnt the intent but it just lacks empathy.

I dont think she felt offended to be honest, I think she felt dehumanized.

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

I'd have lied,and turned it onto myself really.If by knowing what possible medication was there and their condition I dont think its best to state the reason why.Sorry but I know it wasnt the intent but it just lacks empathy.

I dont think she felt offended to be honest, I think she felt dehumanized.

"

Yup this, except the offended, i would of been pretty offended and hurt if im honest . Mrs x

By *hris148Man
over a year ago

I want to know what the meds are for.

Mental health is my guess but perhaps the op has a point if it was rohipnol

By *aughtyinguMan
over a year ago

swindon

I find alot of small things would make me hmmm no :/, like heavy makeup, a love of boy bands, so its ok, it'll hurt her, but it is what it is

over a year ago

OMG so much judgement. Yeah like most of you I would put any meds out of sight but that's because I have children. The place where OP saw them may well be "home" to that medication. So quit with the holier than thou attitudes!

Also what difference does the type of medication make? If the woman in question had anaemia she take iron tablets to correct that. If the woman has mental health issues then the imbalance of, say serotonin, needs addressing. Where's the difference?

Back to the OP - you had every right to change your mind because the meds caused a bruised droop

over a year ago

? I don't understand

Actually I do but I wonder why you need to compare me to Margaret Thatcher or patronise my opinion"

over a year ago

? I don't understand

Actually I do but I wonder why you need to compare me to Margaret Thatcher or patronise my opinion"

What has a handbag got to do with Margaret Thatcher ??

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

hedex?

over a year ago

May have been oversight by the lady as she may not see it as owt out of ordinary so until we know what the meds were for then really no one including the o p should judge the lady in my opinion.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

? I don't understand

Actually I do but I wonder why you need to compare me to Margaret Thatcher or patronise my opinion

What has a handbag got to do with Margaret Thatcher ??"

She was popularly described in the press as "handbagging" men when she disagreed with what they were saying or expressed an opinion.

over a year ago

"I think I would feel offended too.. just because someone needs medication doesn't make them less of a person... I have lots of medication in my kitchen and my bathroom.. mostly my children's not mine..

I'd think it is judgemental to be honest. And can see why she would be offended. Unless of course it was hiv treatment... Could see that being different. "

If you don't ant to be offended you don't leave your medication out on show.

I can see a lot of different reasons for the OP choosing not to play with someone on serious medication and its his choice after all and nobody HAS to play when they arrive at someones house as long as they are polite and make their excuses.

over a year ago

? I don't understand

She was popularly described in the press as "handbagging" men when she disagreed with what they were saying or expressed an opinion. "

Ahh thank you

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

probably a good idea making your reasons to leave. It tell her where you stand. I dont know the woman but she could have potentially left them out so anyone visiting would know she was on meds. The issue comes in after the meet when potential relationship chat starts and you have to make your excuses. All circumspect though it was probably a wise move, however disappointing the end result was

over a year ago

A few points on this

First why should someone who invites another in to their home have to hide things ? Yes a house should be clean and tidy that's just good manners.

I don't see anything wrong with having meds on a table the lady in question might have very good reasons for it.

Second it sounds like the meds didn't stop you trying to get your end away you just couldn't perform.

Third to tell the lady that its her meds that caused your lack of performance shows appalling manners. IF the meds are for something serious how do you think she felt when you said that ?

Last but not least I do hope the lady in question is a member of fab as seeing this could be doubly upsetting

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Just checkered the table by my sofa, there's 10mg amitryptylene, oral morphine, 5mg diazepam, various herbal supplements and a glass of wine (apart from the wine and supplements, I'm on none of the heavy stuff at the moment, but their place is on the table in case I need them)...without hauling arse upstairs, I think there's another bottle of oramorph, cocodamols and gaberpentin on the bedside table - again, there if I should need them.

I wouldn't be offended at whatever reason someone gave for cancelling a meet, though I'd maybe think someone who thought having meds easy to hand on a table was attention seeking or signs of slobbiness was a tosspot and I had a lucky escape

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some good responses here, incl from Blondecaz.

Everyone is free to cancel a meet, cease sex at any point, and that's the deal with consensual fun.

Of course, we're largely in the dark about these meds. It could be terribly upsetting if someone had something like cancer, for someone to walk out on them, so I assume things were done tactfully.

Honesty is always the best policy, when we show respect and sensitivity for others. If someone had a terrible illness/disability, then tact and thoughtfulness is obviously required. I'd be loathe to run, when spending a little time with someone could help their upset etc.

over a year ago

I thought discussing other members was against forum rules?????

over a year ago

I'm torn on this one. In terms of the way it was handled this might have been one of those times where it's better to lie, then again I imagine it would be difficult to come up with a convincing reason after you'd chatted, arranged and travelled to a meet. Any which way they're gonna assume that it's something to do with them or their environment that has put you off. We obviously all have the right to pull out at whatever time for whatever reason (obviously better when done politely) but at that point is there really a polite way to make a believable excuse and leave? Preferably in a way that spares everyone's feelings?

I can't think of one (I think I left the gas on is lame). And if there isn't a way to do it politely its probably best to go with honesty. At least then they have a truthful reason and can decide whether they wish to adjust things for next time around. Personally if anyone got put off by my meds I'd see it as a learning curve and either forewarn the next person or just hide 'em.

That's my two cents. I have other thoughts as well but as someone said above their based on conjecture, so not really worth discussing.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I thought discussing other members was against forum rules?????"

It is.

over a year ago

"I think I would feel offended too.. just because someone needs medication doesn't make them less of a person... I have lots of medication in my kitchen and my bathroom.. mostly my children's not mine..

I'd think it is judgemental to be honest. And can see why she would be offended. Unless of course it was hiv treatment... Could see that being different.

If you don't ant to be offended you don't leave your medication out on show.

I can see a lot of different reasons for the OP choosing not to play with someone on serious medication and its his choice after all and nobody HAS to play when they arrive at someones house as long as they are polite and make their excuses."

I have to agree with you on this. Besides as he know what conditions the meds were fore then he was in a better plave than us to make the call not to play.

I do however have to respect him for the discretion is not naming the conditions the meds were for, thus the woman is saved any embarressment. xxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Of course, we don't know that the person taking meds is a fab member - they may be known from some other means. I'd be very uncomfortable if they were a fab member.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I simply say that I'm not feeling that spark of lust and leave it there - it could be due to poor hygiene or simply a thoroughly nice bloke but the chemistry is missing.

This is not only direct and difficult to argue with but also polite and enables things to remain friendly and civil.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"I thought discussing other members was against forum rules?????

It is. "

It is, but as only approx 2% of members use the forums I think sometimes there's an over-reaction against anything perceived as slightly negative...the OP hasn't named the lady and the majority of Fab members I've met look at me blankly when I mention the forums (I know, they obviously have never lived by not participating in the married BBC with a preference for BBW who thinks skinny Minnie's have no personality threads...sorry regular posters who shall remain nameless )

Now if the OP had started...Met CrazyBitchSertroline_1975 last night and was shocked to see the huge amount of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors strewn around the room...then I'd see it as a problematic indiscreet post

over a year ago

It is.

It is, but as only approx 2% of members use the forums I think sometimes there's an over-reaction against anything perceived as slightly negative...the OP hasn't named the lady and the majority of Fab members I've met look at me blankly when I mention the forums (I know, they obviously have never lived by not participating in the married BBC with a preference for BBW who thinks skinny Minnie's have no personality threads...sorry regular posters who shall remain nameless )

Now if the OP had started...Met CrazyBitchSertroline_1975 last night and was shocked to see the huge amount of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors strewn around the room...then I'd see it as a problematic indiscreet post"

I reckon that profile would do pretty well

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

My ornaments are on display and my meds are in a drawer.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"

Now if the OP had started...Met CrazyBitchSertroline_1975 last night and was shocked to see the huge amount of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors strewn around the room...then I'd see it as a problematic indiscreet post

I reckon that profile would do pretty well "

That's my Christmas name change sorted

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"My ornaments are on display and my meds are in a drawer. "

I'm afraid I'd have to make my excuses and leave if you had one of those Chinese lucky cats with moving arms and any other naff tat that makes my eyes bleed...I'd tell you it was because you smelt though, in case I offended your taste in bric-a-brac

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"My ornaments are on display and my meds are in a drawer.

I'm afraid I'd have to make my excuses and leave if you had one of those Chinese lucky cats with moving arms and any other naff tat that makes my eyes bleed...I'd tell you it was because you smelt though, in case I offended your taste in bric-a-brac "

You mean you would be offended by my extensive range of crystals, Toby jugs and brasses?

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"My ornaments are on display and my meds are in a drawer.

I'm afraid I'd have to make my excuses and leave if you had one of those Chinese lucky cats with moving arms and any other naff tat that makes my eyes bleed...I'd tell you it was because you smelt though, in case I offended your taste in bric-a-brac

You mean you would be offended by my extensive range of crystals, Toby jugs and brasses? "

Stop it, I'm hunting for razor blades as I type

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Won't mention the porcelain pigs and collectable plates then - the Queen Mother ones.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"Won't mention the porcelain pigs and collectable plates then - the Queen Mother ones."

Aaaargggghhhhhhh!!!!

By (user in A&E)

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I'm sure people make all sorts of excuses for not being able to get it up.

over a year ago

? I don't understand

She was popularly described in the press as "handbagging" men when she disagreed with what they were saying or expressed an opinion.

Ahh thank you "

Margaret Thatcher!!!!!! Are you on meds too lol. Nothing to do with Mrs T.

over a year ago

It is.

Now if the OP had started...Met CrazyBitchSertroline_1975 last night and was shocked to see the huge amount of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors strewn around the room...then I'd see it as a problematic indiscreet post"

I once started a thread thanking the person who recognised me on fab that then dobbed me into my ex, no names were mentioned obviously cause I didn't know who it was, but I was banned for discussing other fab members

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Been thinking about this for a while before posting :

I always thought swinging was about two or more people in consentual play at a given moment.

I also thought it means people are allowed to change their minds at any time.

Whatever happens when somebody looses interest or finds it difficult to play - it should be irrelevant as anybody can say "no" at any time.

Just a thought?

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

? I don't understand

Ahh thank you

Margaret Thatcher!!!!!! Are you on meds too lol. Nothing to do with Mrs T."

I read it as a "handbags at dawn" type insult

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

It is.

I once started a thread thanking the person who recognised me on fab that then dobbed me into my ex, no names were mentioned obviously cause I didn't know who it was, but I was banned for discussing other fab members "

First rule of Ban Club...

over a year ago

? I don't understand

Ahh thank you

I read it as a "handbags at dawn" type insult"

Closer lol.

By *ubberdollieWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

I should think when you go to someone elses house there could be any number of things that could put you off. Hell I saw someones living room in a pic on here and they had a really dodgy looking fire and that put me off visiting!

I know of one single bloke who went to meet a lady and found she had only one leg... now that sort of thing should be mentioned beofrehand surely?

By *adyluck99Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

One leg, that def should be mentioned lol

I wonder If our would be doc who couldn't get it up knows as much as he thinks he does though. Lots of mess associated with a particular condition can very often be used for something completely different in different dosage or alongside other meds. Just a thought

And why wasn't he banned for talking about another member if its first rule of the forums?

over a year ago

"I should think when you go to someone elses house there could be any number of things that could put you off. Hell I saw someones living room in a pic on here and they had a really dodgy looking fire and that put me off visiting!

I know of one single bloke who went to meet a lady and found she had only one leg... now that sort of thing should be mentioned beofrehand surely?"

Did he go through with it?

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"I should think when you go to someone elses house there could be any number of things that could put you off. Hell I saw someones living room in a pic on here and they had a really dodgy looking fire and that put me off visiting!

I know of one single bloke who went to meet a lady and found she had only one leg... now that sort of thing should be mentioned beofrehand surely?

Did he go through with it? "

Yes, he had to put a folded up beermat under it to keep it steady, but it all worked out well in the end.

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

" she led me into the living room first. I was really up for some fun but on the centre table was alot of medication packets and from knowledge of my degree knew they were serious stuff. "

Perhaps it was just her way of laying out a buffet?

over a year ago

It all depend on the medication I don't blame any single guy from backing away. If you are not sure what they are you dont want to be accused of taking advantage of someone who wasn't fully aware of what was going on or even on heart medicine or even anti depressants. We always think if you aren't 100% comfortable for what ever reason don't push yourself to do something because others expect you to.

over a year ago

"Been thinking about this for a while before posting :

I always thought swinging was about two or more people in consentual play at a given moment.

I also thought it means people are allowed to change their minds at any time.

Whatever happens when somebody looses interest or finds it difficult to play - it should be irrelevant as anybody can say "no" at any time.

Just a thought? "

yes your right ... anybody can say no ..... and have that right .

over a year ago

Dog shit, ruined it for me,

I have dogs, but when visiting, found several turds in entrance hall, I couldn't go any further, I lied and said I have left something in my car....

not a fab member

over a year ago

Feeling a bit sorry for the woman that everyone is discussing. And why are so many concerned that the meds could've been for mental health issues? I don't understand.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Feeling a bit sorry for the woman that everyone is discussing. And why are so many concerned that the meds could've been for mental health issues? I don't understand."

I thought it was something more physical.

over a year ago

"One leg, that def should be mentioned lol

I wonder If our would be doc who couldn't get it up knows as much as he thinks he does though. Lots of mess associated with a particular condition can very often be used for something completely different in different dosage or alongside other meds. Just a thought

And why wasn't he banned for talking about another member if its first rule of the forums? "

I've been banned for chat about members

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan
over a year ago

Wigan

As someone who needs a lot of medication I would expect anyone seeing it to just ask whats its for. Its for a back injury and a pituitary disorder mostly btw. i don't have anything contagious bar the odd cold. Just because someone takes medication it shouldn't mean they should be shunned. If it puts you off try talking to them about it. I'm sure if you were ready and hard or wet or whatever you would be again soon.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"As someone who needs a lot of medication I would expect anyone seeing it to just ask whats its for. Its for a back injury and a pituitary disorder mostly btw. i don't have anything contagious bar the odd cold. Just because someone takes medication it shouldn't mean they should be shunned. If it puts you off try talking to them about it. I'm sure if you were ready and hard or wet or whatever you would be again soon. "

If the medication was for an STI though I think I would head for the door.

over a year ago

Met a woman a few years ago who unkown to me before I met her had many medical problems and on various medication and would be for the rest of her life ! It wasnt something I wanted to talk about on a meet but maybe she felt that she needed to tell me. If I hadnt been able to perform because of this telling her for those reasons would be very disrispectfull to her surely some excuse could be made other than tell her!

over a year ago

Unsure from Op's post but seems like he saw the meds in the living room but then still went on to attempt to perform but found he couldn't. So they didn't put him off trying. Excuse maybe?

Nothing wrong with leaving meds out as long as its safe to do so. It's difficult enough remembering to take them without then being hidden away.

over a year ago

Maybe the op shouldn't have poked his nose into the meds and just ignored them ???? Obviously he must have had a good look at them .... now if he had come to my house and looked through my meds or anything else which I'd left lying around, I'd have kicked his arse from here to kingdom come and back again, Horrible nosey little man !

over a year ago

"Unsure from Op's post but seems like he saw the meds in the living room but then still went on to attempt to perform but found he couldn't. So they didn't put him off trying. Excuse maybe?

Nothing wrong with leaving meds out as long as its safe to do so. It's difficult enough remembering to take them without then being hidden away. "

Thank you finally somebody has noticed what I'd did everyone keeps giving it the generic answer of everyone has the right to back out which of course is fine but the op didn't he just couldn't perform. It didn't stop him trying poor excuse tbh either call it off or don't but please god don't go blame a women's meds for your inability to get it up Viagra is cheap these days

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

How many Fucking Times Did I Tell You.. The Worming Tablets Were For the Dog..

over a year ago

this is how I see it, why make the woman feel like shit?

I would rather have said, I'm having an off night and I'm sorry.

attraction was lost due to knowing what the medication was...but no attraction was lost on the physical or mental stimulation.

what was to be gained by being honest here?

so I cant pin it on the MH issue, as i dont know the facts, but cant think of anything thats 'serious meds' that would ruin sex...without it it being something to do with the OPs own stereotypical _iew.

I really wouldnt have mentioned anything whatsoever about the meds, and even without my background on the MH issue(I'm still assuming thats what it is),I think I may have been able to chat about it if she had wanted to.Certainly would NEVER say her condition 'made' me not perform..if i did, I'd be asking myself have I just judged this person on a few pills shes on?

By *ubberdollieWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

Did he go through with it? "

No he couldn't do it, cos when he arrived she had a leg and when she got naked she hadn't anymore. The again another guy told me he went on a date and the lady turned up on a mobility scooter!

over a year ago

No he couldn't do it, cos when he arrived she had a leg and when she got naked she hadn't anymore. The again another guy told me he went on a date and the lady turned up on a mobility scooter!"

my nannas still on fab? grrrrr

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"Dog shit, ruined it for me,

I have dogs, but when visiting, found several turds in entrance hall, I couldn't go any further, I lied and said I have left something in my car....

not a fab member"

Christ, what condition do they prescribe dog turds for?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I take a lot of medication, I don't have them on show, I prefer a minimalist approach. I've a playmate that has his medication set out on the dresser in his bedroom: his is less than mine so hardly off putting for me.

I couldn't imagine going into someones home and telling them their medication put me off, unless it was methadone! To then come and start a thread about shows lack of discretion too. I hope the poor woman doesn't read this thread.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"this is how I see it, why make the woman feel like shit?

attraction was lost due to knowing what the medication was...but no attraction was lost on the physical or mental stimulation.

so I cant pin it on the MH issue, as i dont know the facts, but cant think of anything thats 'serious meds' that would ruin sex...without it it being something to do with the OPs own stereotypical _iew.

I really wouldnt have mentioned anything whatsoever about the meds, and even without my background on the MH issue(I'm still assuming thats what it is),I think I may have been able to chat about it if she had wanted to.Certainly would NEVER say her condition 'made' me not perform..if i did, I'd be asking myself have I just judged this person on a few pills shes on?"

erm...are you feeling ok?!!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

No he couldn't do it, cos when he arrived she had a leg and when she got naked she hadn't anymore. The again another guy told me he went on a date and the lady turned up on a mobility scooter!"

I'm going to hell...haaahaaahaaahaaa!!!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Dog shit, ruined it for me,

not a fab member

Christ, what condition do they prescribe dog turds for?"

over a year ago

I really wouldnt have mentioned anything whatsoever about the meds, and even without my background on the MH issue(I'm still assuming thats what it is),I think I may have been able to chat about it if she had wanted to.Certainly would NEVER say her condition 'made' me not perform..if i did, I'd be asking myself have I just judged this person on a few pills shes on?

erm...are you feeling ok?!! "

of course I do! I'm wanking!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

of course I do! I'm wanking!"

Phew! Normal service resumed!

over a year ago

of course I do! I'm wanking!

Phew! Normal service resumed! "

open wide...time for ur medication

over a year ago

"The op left because he found that the ladies medications and the condition they indicated killed the mood for him, everything else is pure conjecture and in my opinion very disrespectful to the woman as is the original post."

Erm.... Isn't it much the same as having a mess in the lounge putting off someone who likes a tidy play area?! There's nothing wrong with personal preferences, surely, and at least the OP was honest with the woman he was meeting about it. That's not to say he was judging her for her condition(s), simply that the medication was left out for all to see and it put him off.

over a year ago

A long time ago I met a woman from a chat room. She explained she had Myasthenia Gravis and that she was having fun before her body could not perform any more. I tried my very best to give her a lovely time; she had lots of medicines about.

over a year ago

Erm.... Isn't it much the same as having a mess in the lounge putting off someone who likes a tidy play area?! There's nothing wrong with personal preferences, surely, and at least the OP was honest with the woman he was meeting about it. That's not to say he was judging her for her condition(s), simply that the medication was left out for all to see and it put him off. "

Not really because it didn't put him off 'having a go' .... it was just enough to stop him being able to perform. If it was that off putting and was simply an expression of personal preference then he wouldn't have taken it any further than the living room

over a year ago

Erm.... Isn't it much the same as having a mess in the lounge putting off someone who likes a tidy play area?! There's nothing wrong with personal preferences, surely, and at least the OP was honest with the woman he was meeting about it. That's not to say he was judging her for her condition(s), simply that the medication was left out for all to see and it put him off. "

yes its the same thing ....... I don't see this as him being nasty it just he had all this on his mind and it killed the moment ......

over a year ago

I think anybody is free to change their minds at any point during a meet. It can be for whatever reason; meds, body odor or even just a gut feeling that things are not right.

If the OP was put off, he was put off and should not have forced himself to have sex with her regardless.

over a year ago

Just wondering if the o p hiding behing fact in his words he could not perform the meds on display was a cop out.

over a year ago

"Just wondering if the o p hiding behing fact in his words he could not perform the meds on display was a cop out."

Doubt it, why would he start a thread about it if he was??

By *ondering_yorkshiremanMan
over a year ago

Somewhere near NE Derbyshire/S Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire border

Was really not going to comment as the lady in question maybe getting highly offended.

However a few years ago I had some prescribed medication for a sinus problem, it wasn't until reading the usual insert leaflet that I discovered said medication treated. Various ailments including STI's needless to say I s**t myself!!

So just cause it was medication for something he knew could have been for something completely else

By *orkieLassCouple
over a year ago

York

The OP should have a word with himself........ this lady invited him into HER home, and he was basically a nosey twonk! It had NOTHING to do with said OP what meds he found.......... It's HER house!!!!!!! Op, you went there for sex...... if you'd have not seen the meds, would it have made ANY chuffing difference? No...... thought not......

over a year ago

I can sympathise. If I saw meds that I knew were for something that changed my passion to compassion then I'd be in the same situation. I know how I'd try to deal with it, but sometimes people do want to take offence; dislocation of expectation is horrible and makes us revert to more selfish behaviours if we don't catch ourselves. If she can't or won't let me catch up and try to see that I have feelings too and I'm not simply a lazy girl's dildo then nothing's going to happen but me politely saying goodbye.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/08/13 00:42:45]

over a year ago

" ... just cause it was medication for something he knew, could have been for something completely else"

This is true, I take anti-epileptics yet do not have epilepsy. That being said, if the OP lost his mojo and couldn't continue with a meet for whatever reason, fair enough, it happens.

What dissapoints me is that he really should have thought twice about sharing his experience here. I hope the owner of the meds doesn't read the forums.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

" ... just cause it was medication for something he knew, could have been for something completely else

This is true, I take anti-epileptics yet do not have epilepsy. That being said, if the OP lost his mojo and couldn't continue with a meet for whatever reason, fair enough, it happens.

What dissapoints me is that he really should have thought twice about sharing his experience here. I hope the owner of the meds doesn't read the forums."

Likewise, I used to suffer idiopathic intracranial hypertension and took Diomox, a medication for epilepsy and altitude sickness. Didn't have epilepsy and the highest elevation I'd made was up Dog Kennel Hill!

over a year ago

This thred has been usefull as its enabled me to add a load of ignorant tossers to my blocked list.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"Just wondering if the o p hiding behing fact in his words he could not perform the meds on display was a cop out.

Doubt it, why would he start a thread about it if he was?? "

To justify it to himself maybe?

over a year ago

Wow I still really don't see how people can sympathise with the OP. if the meds made him feel so bad why did he still try to get his end away ? Rather than cancel surely that would have been better for both parties.

over a year ago

well we hqave been left with conjecture, which I can only assume came from not being able to answer the questions raised by the ops own thread.

I will therefore assume its a case of she was on something that stabilizes her mood or indeed sanity.

I recommend the OP go to mind.org and similar other mental health information sites...it is 2013, its time to catch up with some modern thinking and understanding.

Always try reversing the role and imagining what it is like for someone else, I doubt anyone here could sit there and say they wouldnt be hurt with such insensitivity(dont get that confused with being nasty!)

over a year ago

? I don't understand

Ahh thank you :-

I read it as a "handbags at dawn" type

insult

Closer lol."

I read it in the style of Reeves&Mortimar

over a year ago

I've read this thread with interest and wonder why most are rounding on the OP?

He wasn't nosey...he stated that the meds were clearly in open _iew and that from his personal knowledge he was aware of what they were for.

He hasn't named the female or even confirmed it was a Fab meet so why should he be banned? Nor has he mentioned what the meds are for so why assume they relate to mental health issues and jump to her defence?

He was honest with the lady which in my book is better than making an excuse and leaving her wondering if she'd done something to offend...she now can chose whether to leave her meds on display or put them away for her next meet.

I do feel that if the OP had said he made his excuses and left he'd have been slated for lying...or if this had been a female posting that she legged it from a meet because the guy had meds for schizophrenia she would have been praised for being sensible.

And yes OP, I would have left too in your position, regardless of any previous chemistry.

over a year ago

"I've read this thread with interest and wonder why most are rounding on the OP?

He wasn't nosey...he stated that the meds were clearly in open _iew and that from his personal knowledge he was aware of what they were for.

He hasn't named the female or even confirmed it was a Fab meet so why should he be banned? Nor has he mentioned what the meds are for so why assume they relate to mental health issues and jump to her defence?

He was honest with the lady which in my book is better than making an excuse and leaving her wondering if she'd done something to offend...she now can chose whether to leave her meds on display or put them away for her next meet.

I do feel that if the OP had said he made his excuses and left he'd have been slated for lying...or if this had been a female posting that she legged it from a meet because the guy had meds for schizophrenia she would have been praised for being sensible.

And yes OP, I would have left too in your position, regardless of any previous chemistry.

"

We must be reading different threads as from the only post the OP has put. The meds may have been out in the open but you would still have to have a good look to see what they are so yes nosey. Alleged knowledge from a degree pharmacist chemist because I'm sure if he was a doctor he would have said that and meds can be used for many different things. If the guy at that point had said sorry but know thanks would be a different story however to carry on then blame her for his in ability is awful behaviour

over a year ago

Deciding not to play is completely acceptable.

Informing the lady in question that the reason was because of her medication, rather than perhaps not finding her attractive or wanting sex etc, is ok, hopefully this was done in a sensitive and tactful manner.

What I find completely tactless though is coming back and telling us all about it. And I dont want to hear the 'rhis was on another site' remark, yeah they always are aren't they!

It's unlikely that this is an everyday occurrence when people meet each other so asking our opinion on it is pointless.

If you want to be sensitive towards people then show some respect and don't discuss or allude to their medical health issues in a forum, even if you haven't named someone.

over a year ago

Nope same thread! I'm not stupid so don't make that misguided assumption too...

If she didn't want him to see she should have put them away. And the OP never said he carried on, but that he instantly lost his sex drive. Once again you assume he tried and failed.

Ultimately the display of meds dampened his ardour and he was truthful about it...and the vilification of his post is typical of the spiteful attitude of some to single guys. No wonder he hasn't commented again, he'd likely be lynched by the pitchfork brigade that frequents the forums

over a year ago

"Nope same thread! I'm not stupid so don't make that misguided assumption too...

If she didn't want him to see she should have put them away. And the OP never said he carried on, but that he instantly lost his sex drive. Once again you assume he tried and failed.

Ultimately the display of meds dampened his ardour and he was truthful about it...and the vilification of his post is typical of the spiteful attitude of some to single guys. No wonder he hasn't commented again, he'd likely be lynched by the pitchfork brigade that frequents the forums "

Never did I say anything along the lines of stupid so no assumption made on that note.

Couldn't perform would suggest an action would it not.

As single male bashing it has nothing to to with OP being a single male everything said would be same no matter the sex.

Yes we all have the right to choose but we all should show tact and respect.

over a year ago

Damn, guess I should start listing my meds on my profile

Although most of my playmates can see that I have numerous scars so the fact I take a boat load of pills isn't a big deal to me,

Only had one playmate ask about my patch & thats coz he thought I was a bit of tape stuck on me off his desk

By *urvywelshCouple
over a year ago

Everywhere and nowhere baby

"Damn, guess I should start listing my meds on my profile

Although most of my playmates can see that I have numerous scars so the fact I take a boat load of pills isn't a big deal to me,

Only had one playmate ask about my patch & thats coz he thought I was a bit of tape stuck on me off his desk "

What were you doing on his desk...?

over a year ago

Checking for damage

Post new Message to Thread