Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

miles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There are one or 2 people who tell me they are abroad but when i look at the distance info on their profiles it says they are 5 miles away from me . Others tell me they are abroad and will say 5 miles away and just now on mobile 2000 miles away . Just wondering if they were actually abroad wouldnt it say 2000 miles or however many miles away they are , or does it differ . I did ask someone who said they were in america about why it said he was 10 miles away and he said he was connected to his bt hub at home . Thanks in advance . C

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The distance shown is where they said they were when they registered, the just now distance is how far they are if they are on mobile. If they are on the site on a pc or laptop it will only show the distance when registered.

Hope that makes sense.

over a year ago

Thank goodness someone elses said it,I was thinking how to explain in simple terms

over a year ago

"The distance shown is where they said they were when they registered, the just now distance is how far they are if they are on mobile. If they are on the site on a pc or laptop it will only show the distance when registered.

Hope that makes sense. "

Not every mobile is compatible with the distance thing. I have a Nokia Lumia and I had problems with using the 'near you' function.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks everyone , that helped , didnt want to accuse anyone lol

Post new Message to Thread