Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Clubs and private house parties.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey all, what's the difference between clubs and private parties. They all seem to charge on the door. We had a invite then was told we have to pay on the door..mmmmm very confusing . Or is it just a club but in some ones house?.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never payed for a private party

over a year ago

I don't agree with private parties charging on the door. This makes it much more of a commercial enterprise, and shouldn't be tolerated (legal ramifications, licencing, council charges, the list goes on and on!)

Yes, there are expenses involved in opening up your house. Food/nibbles and laundry etc. In my opinion, hosts should stick a 'donations' box next to the nibbles, and hope that their guests appreciate (financially as well as otherwise) the efforts that they have made, to provide a pleasant party.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Never payed for a private party "

I was going to say the same...

for a true house party, normal convention is to bring ya own alcoholic drinks... but never been asked to pay...

sounds more like a money making venture, and if you are going to pay, you may as well go to a club, at least it will have more facilities....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

only private party we ever attended was hosted by very generous people, we took host and hostess gifts just as you would to any party and drink of course. If they had indicated that they would have appreciated a contribution for the food we would have happily given it but pay on the door? Never.

over a year ago

If I couldn't afford to host a party I wouldn't

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks guys. if any ones having a party in south yorks. Give us a shout . I would defo be game to nibble on some think.

over a year ago

Ive recently been invited to a gangbang at someones house, and they wanted £25 to cover expenses. Not my bag and definitely not at that price

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple
over a year ago

London

There is an obvious difference between a 'Private Party'

and a club operating on a personal premises, but still operates as a club effectively.

The former is basically people running a private do in their home for people they know or friends of friends. Some people still feel the need to ask for a cover charge, which makes it not that much different from a club, but most of them don't ask for anything. There run on an irregular basis. Some of these are obviously run in an attempt to make a quick bit of cash, but that's not always the case.

The latter is a club in a personal premises, normally a large house - with a club name, website, fixed fee's, fixed club nights, sometimes monthly, sometimes weekly. Radlett is one such club. Pleasures is another.

Skinnydippers was one such venue and I can tell you they almost never made a profit, despite running parties every Saturday. Most will have orientated the premises to cater for parties and normally have added facilities to make their cost more justifiable. The cost of running a club certainly isn't cheap, whereever you have it.

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

We got invited to one tonight with a sliding scale of costing and single guys were expected to fork out £100 and then the last 5 to sign up £250 per person.

I think the problem with the private party market is its been saturated by people looking to make money

over a year ago

"We got invited to one tonight with a sliding scale of costing and single guys were expected to fork out £100 and then the last 5 to sign up £250 per person.

I think the problem with the private party market is its been saturated by people looking to make money"

I think this is becoming the darker side of the swinging scene - sharks out to rip guys off

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

There is no regulation in this market and if there are people stupid enough to pay then they will continue im afraid.

There is no sphere of the human experience that isnt invaded by someone trying to make some cash im afraid.

over a year ago

"There is no regulation in this market and if there are people stupid enough to pay then they will continue im afraid.

There is no sphere of the human experience that isnt invaded by someone trying to make some cash im afraid.

"

over a year ago

We go to a few house parties that charge a small fee.. it's more than reasonable for the amount they lay on.

Cali

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

I usually take something to contribute to a private party, but make a point of never attending one where there is a defined charge on the door.

As has been mentioned, at that point, you might as well go to an actual club.

over a year ago

Swinging is my lifestyle, and I would NEVER pay to attend a party I'd been invited to!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"We got invited to one tonight with a sliding scale of costing and single guys were expected to fork out £100 and then the last 5 to sign up £250 per person.

I think the problem with the private party market is its been saturated by people looking to make money"

Using the site to make money is against the rules. If anyone asks for money for a private party then report them.

over a year ago

I'm going to my second private house party Saturday night and most people take gifts or and drinks with them to give to the very generous host of the party but never would I pay and never would he charge !!!...he holds parties every 6 weeks or so and he holds them because he can and he enjoys seeing people enjoy themselves in a safe private setting xx

over a year ago

Would never pay for such an invite. Been asked twice to go to a party and when we were told to pay £25 and £50 we refused didn't go... Sorry but if a swinger clubs asks for £20 for a couple and has the facilities (showers/sauna/wet areas/dungeons etc) why pay so much for a "private" party ? See loads of these now appearing on "Arranged Meets".. sorry not for us ... Think if private you bring a big present for the givers and put something in the little box next to door...

By *enandlisaCouple
over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"Hey all, what's the difference between clubs and private parties. They all seem to charge on the door. We had a invite then was told we have to pay on the door..mmmmm very confusing . Or is it just a club but in some ones house?."

We often attend private parties in a plush penthouse apartment which has been hired for the evening. All guests are asked to make a contribution for the hire to cover the cost with all guests contributing the same amount regardless of being a couple or a single. The payment covers the cost of the room and is totally non profit making.

In our opinion if someone has made a significant outlay in hiring a venue, and gone to the trouble of organising an event then a contribution should be made without question.

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

If its a private party and you have to pay, then its tantamount to running a brothel. The organisers could find themselves with at the very least a fine and criminal record.

I think that should be posted as a warning in the events section by the owners of this site, if people are advertising that sort of thing here, then the site owner could be dragged into it as well because they are advertising a 'pay for sex' outlet.

By *enandlisaCouple
over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"If its a private party and you have to pay, then its tantamount to running a brothel. The organisers could find themselves with at the very least a fine and criminal record.

I think that should be posted as a warning in the events section by the owners of this site, if people are advertising that sort of thing here, then the site owner could be dragged into it as well because they are advertising a 'pay for sex' outlet."

We for one will continue visiting brothel's as often as possible when we are invited.

We may even be proper little rascals and visit clubs too!

Fuck the warnings!!

How naughty are we

Post new Message to Thread