FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How to apply to become a moderator as I feel I would be good at this and if anything else I'm also a web designer have my own sites

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Use the contact button at the bottom of the page. Good luck

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Make sure you say which kind of moderator you want to be (forum mod, picture mod, chat mod, etc) as different people usually do these roles.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think you need to be a site member for a minimum of 18 months

Reply privately

over a year ago

This reminds me of a question I want to ask, but I may get banned for asking it

Reply privately

By *uck_us_hardCouple
over a year ago

N.E Lincolnshire

"This reminds me of a question I want to ask, but I may get banned for asking it "

Lol spill, it's only 7 days!!!...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This reminds me of a question I want to ask, but I may get banned for asking it

Lol spill, it's only 7 days!!!... "

Well looking at it now. I may have exaggerated a bit. Basically when someone gets banned is it the Mods that ban you as in the regulator posters or is it the actual people who run the site. I have a a suggestion for them. Basically when someone gets banned. Quote the post to the person that gets them banned and allow them to justify themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mods aren't the regular posters. Regular posters can report a, forum post that they feel breaks the rules but they can't ban you. Only moderators or admin can do that.

Reply privately

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"This reminds me of a question I want to ask, but I may get banned for asking it

Well looking at it now. I may have exaggerated a bit. Basically when someone gets banned is it the Mods that ban you as in the regulator posters or is it the actual people who run the site. I have a a suggestion for them. Basically when someone gets banned. Quote the post to the person that gets them banned and allow them to justify themselves. "

I think quoting the post that got them banned is an idea, as I've had a couple of bans days after the 'offending' post. But allowing justifications / debating would be very time consuming to deal with.

If you break a rule expect a ban no matter the reason why you broke it. That's what they are there for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well looking at it now. I may have exaggerated a bit. Basically when someone gets banned is it the Mods that ban you as in the regulator posters or is it the actual people who run the site. I have a a suggestion for them. Basically when someone gets banned. Quote the post to the person that gets them banned and allow them to justify themselves. "

sounds like you've had a ban

Reply privately

over a year ago

Heres a thought once these mods get the power and access to priveledged information who checks the checkers? I mean with all that information to hand can we be sure they dont abuse? Can we be sure they dont misuse their position for freinds and favours? answers in a post admin? ... Crb checked perhaps?

Reply privately

By *easing_twoCouple
over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

They do quote it now got a ban last week

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Heres a thought once these mods get the power and access to priveledged information who checks the checkers? I mean with all that information to hand can we be sure they dont abuse? Can we be sure they dont misuse their position for freinds and favours? answers in a post admin? ... Crb checked perhaps? "

Admin do a pretty good job of making sure the mods toe the line and don't misuse their " power". If you have a problem with a mod you hit report the same as you would any user. If a problem starts to show admin soon removes the mod

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reporting after is very much bolting the door after the horse has bolted! Surely vetting etc would remove the need to report and maybe we do have concerns! But before we sound the alarm after setting a trap for the culprit we need to be sure its not all spun .....she knows ...........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Reporting after is very much bolting the door after the horse has bolted! Surely vetting etc would remove the need to report and maybe we do have concerns! But before we sound the alarm after setting a trap for the culprit we need to be sure its not all spun .....she knows ..........."

All the mods have guidelines set by admin and all the mods are established member of the site that give thier time freely to help the site tum smoothly,if you have concerns about anyone why don't you do what admin would ask you to do and report your concerns so that admin can look into the issue instead of behaving like a spiteful and vindictice child and "setting traps"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Excuse my spelling mistakes....im doing more than one thing on my phone amd not checking before the spelling police try to rip me apart

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ooo touchy lol the trap provides objective not subjective evidence as and when required. Perhaps the culprit may step down without being compromised and thus save them any embarassment. Their choice, but the concerns on who checks the checkers is still a valid question dont ya think ! Lol

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

This is why we can't have nice things.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ooo touchy lol the trap provides objective not subjective evidence as and when required. Perhaps the culprit may step down without being compromised and thus save them any embarassment. Their choice, but the concerns on who checks the checkers is still a valid question dont ya think ! Lol"

Grow up

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Admin talk to the mods constantly and if we do anything wrong then we are pulled up on it.

As has been said previously, if you have an issue with a mod or the way they do their job then hit report from their profile and tell admin everything they need to know.

A * can be revoked at any time so no, not a case of bolting the door after the horse has bolted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hmm grow up? U asked i explained just two word hmm very grown up. Suggest you actually read the content think and not knee jerk twitch. Pretty valid main question of who checks the checkers with or without guidelines the application if guidelines is down to those selected and the way in which they are supervised.said my piece as is my priveledge leave you to cogitate as I feel you will never see the other side to the discusion. Lol happy swinging

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well looking at it now. I may have exaggerated a bit. Basically when someone gets banned is it the Mods that ban you as in the regulator posters or is it the actual people who run the site. I have a a suggestion for them. Basically when someone gets banned. Quote the post to the person that gets them banned and allow them to justify themselves.

I think quoting the post that got them banned is an idea, as I've had a couple of bans days after the 'offending' post. But allowing justifications / debating would be very time consuming to deal with.

If you break a rule expect a ban no matter the reason why you broke it. That's what they are there for."

I think its time consuming if you debate about it. However if you just quote the post that got them banned. Then the user knows what they said that was wrong and they will think about what was so offensive about the post and then they will realise to take care when posting in the future.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hmm grow up? U asked i explained just two word hmm very grown up. Suggest you actually read the content think and not knee jerk twitch. Pretty valid main question of who checks the checkers with or without guidelines the application if guidelines is down to those selected and the way in which they are supervised.said my piece as is my priveledge leave you to cogitate as I feel you will never see the other side to the discusion. Lol happy swinging"

It perfectly obvious to anyone with a bit of brain that admin would vet the moderators,don't think you were really that concerned with finding out the answer though......too busy plotting and scheming someones downfall to think rationally and go to admin with your concerns ......happy plotting

Reply privately

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

If you break a rule expect a ban no matter the reason why you broke it. That's what they are there for.

I think its time consuming if you debate about it. However if you just quote the post that got them banned. Then the user knows what they said that was wrong and they will think about what was so offensive about the post and then they will realise to take care when posting in the future."

Ah I thought you meant the poster should get the chance to justify themselves.

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ok to summarise...

Admin moderate all parts of the site as well as the forum mods/chat mods/pic mods etc.

From Forum Rules:

Disputing admin or moderator decisions

The mods and site admin are all volunteers who try and keep the site safe. If you think they've made a specific mistake (and we accept that mistakes or mis-judgements do happen), the forum isn't the place to discuss it. Please contact Admin directly and we'll review and make right. If you have general feedback on site moderation or administration, you can post it to the site feedback forum but please ensure it's constructive criticism not personal critisim.

Admin monitor all the moderators and all moderator actions are reviewed by Admin.

The point about quoting - the email that is sent when someone is banned explains the reason why they have been banned. If anyone feels that the ban has been given wrongly then they should contact Admin directly using the contact link at the bottom of the page.

Reply privately