Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

pic collectors

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

im finding my self abit paranoid if pics of mine have been used or not. only because ive send face pic to couples and single female (or at least this is what the ad says).

i dont do it any more they were only face pics and i dont think anyone would really use a guys pic anyway?

i get paranoid as i may have a girl friend soon.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hemadcoupleCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

The way I look at it is that pure face pics or non sexual pics mean nothing really, and I would have thought would be of minimal value to anyone who might want to "out" you or compromise you.

If your face is obviously recognisable in pics showing you doing sexual acts or just nude with your bits on show, then that is different.

We tend not to mix the two; i.e. the sex pics don't have easily recognisable faces and face pics are just ordinary shots.

We've decided in any case to be more careful about sending even these to people unless we have exchanged meaningful messages a few times, so this helps I think. It takes more than one message for genuine interest to be proved in my opinion, so if they ask for face pics in the first message, I would ignore it. Ask for an informal meet first and then they can see first hand, and you'll know they're genuine.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I wouldn't worry about it, if it's just a pic of your face then what's the harm? If you're sending pics of yourself showing your full naked body with your face showing then perhaps some one could get upto no good with it, be careful what you send I'd say. Z

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If I was a single guy and wanted to pretend to be someone else, fabswingers is the last place I would steal a pic to use on fabswingers, I would steal one from facebook or just google pictures since there would be less chance of the picture being recognised as someone else by someone on here.

Nobody however should send any pictures they do not want going to the wrong place/person until they are 100% sure in thier own minds that the people they are sending them to is genuine.

There are no guarantees that pictures sent to anyone are safe but you can minimalise risks.

My only other comment would be that should you get yourself a girlfriend in the future, you tell her about your past time as a swinger. Firstly she may wish to join you in the scene, secondly your past swinging experience should not have a bearing on your future with her, no solid relationship can be built on lies and if she found out herself at a future date it could jeapordise your relationship even if you give up the lifestyle completely after you start your new life with her.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"im finding my self abit paranoid if pics of mine have been used or not. only because ive send face pic to couples and single female (or at least this is what the ad says).

i dont do it any more they were only face pics and i dont think anyone would really use a guys pic anyway?

i get paranoid as i may have a girl friend soon."

Maybe the couples and single females didn't reply because once they saw the face pics they decided you weren't for them (no offence meant), if that is what you are meaning about being paranoid?

But don't worry about the pics being used elsewhere because you have that really scary 'legal notice' on your profile which actually has no real legal standing, especially when you willingly send the people your face pics!

over a year ago

As Zoe has mentioned, it's better to have face pics that are just ordinary face pics, so that if they do get into the wrong hands, they cannot do much damage.

over a year ago

to be honest some ads were from other sites, like gum tree etc. where there are alot of scams. i added the legal notice recent.

over a year ago

"to be honest some ads were from other sites, like gum tree etc. where there are alot of scams. i added the legal notice recent."

That means f all to be honest!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"to be honest some ads were from other sites, like gum tree etc. where there are alot of scams. i added the legal notice recent."

So will any future girl friend be in court with you when you are prosecuting the people or companies for using your pics? lol

over a year ago

yep, however she does suprise by some of the things she says (she not my gf yet)!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"yep, however she does suprise by some of the things she says (she not my gf yet)! "

That's why I said 'future girl friend'

And I and, I presume, lots of others including your friends and family will look forward to seeing the press headlines (and your face and naked pics - lol) in the National Papers - 'Swinger and Sydney University Court Battle Over Swingers Naked Pics'

Sorry not meaning any offence but the 'legal notices' go on about privacy but then contradict themselves by saying you will start a 'Public Court Action' - I think not somehow

Just my tuppence worth!

over a year ago

hey i just sent fac pics. also i know the notices are bull shit, but doent hurt to have them on. you niver sent a face pic a few tims?

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"hey i just sent fac pics. also i know the notices are bull shit, but doent hurt to have them on. you niver sent a face pic a few tims?"

They only take up unecessary server space but hey-ho if it helps you sleep at night then no harm done

Yeah I have sent face pics and met a lot of people from here at socials, etc so they know who I am anyway and it wasn't me though who started a thread about being worried over privacy and any future girl friends seeing my pics, not that I am on here to meet a girl friend

Again just my tuppence worth seeing as you asked the question of us all!

over a year ago

I do believe it is up to the individual what they put on thier profile, an opinion is welcomed by most but ridiculin someone for what they choose to put on thier profile actually says more about you than it does about them.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"I do believe it is up to the individual what they put on thier profile, an opinion is welcomed by most but ridiculin someone for what they choose to put on thier profile actually says more about you than it does about them."

I don't think I ever ridiculed him he asked for opinions and I gave mine

Also if you look on the FAQ page it is the sites opinion too - http://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

Reading what you want to take from it also says a lot about the person doing the reading but each to their own!

Yes it is up to the individual what they put on their profile and as soon as it is on there then anyone can see it, but doubt there would be anyone (who is worried about privacy) that would actually try to take someone to court

Again just my tuppence worth

over a year ago

"im finding my self abit paranoid if pics of mine have been used or not. only because ive send face pic to couples and single female (or at least this is what the ad says).

i get paranoid as i may have a girl friend soon."

At end of the day its just a face pic,if you that worried you can put face pics in private and choose who see's them x

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

As a crossdresser I should be concerned about my face pics leaking out; especially as the wife and I have only recently discovered I've got a bi side. So I keep face pics for friends only. That way they can be sure they're not meeking a tranny with a beard! Having said that, I look pretty good in a bit of make up and I don't think anyone I know would recognise me.

Apart from that anyone who gets your pics would have to explain how they came by them.

Post new Message to Thread