Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Sent messages read but not deleted

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all, I know the rule that a deleted message without a reply means they are not interested.

Does a sent message that has been read and not deleted mean the same?

Advice

Cheers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

It means they haven't got Round answering it. If it's a couple you have messaged they might be waiting for the other half yo read the message.

One thing I wouldn't do is send another message. I hate being pestered like that.

over a year ago

"It means they haven't got Round answering it. If it's a couple you have messaged they might be waiting for the other half yo read the message.

One thing I wouldn't do is send another message. I hate being pestered like that. "

thanks, I don't want to give the 'stalker' impression so I haven't sent more. Don't want to get a bad reputation, well not for that

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some i don't delte i mean to get back too, but doesn't always work

some people just don't bother deleting they just fall of the read messages after 100

over a year ago

"It means they haven't got Round answering it. If it's a couple you have messaged they might be waiting for the other half yo read the message.

One thing I wouldn't do is send another message. I hate being pestered like that. "

Exactly this

over a year ago

I'd say it doesn't mean anything as each person who does it will have a different reason.

over a year ago

"I'd say it doesn't mean anything as each person who does it will have a different reason. "

over a year ago

Don't read anything into what happens after you send a message,send it and forget about it or you could send yourself demented wondering whats going on with it,some people take ages to reply,like evie said some couples reply together and some people have a mass delete every now and then without replying at all

By *punkloverCouple
over a year ago

hatfield

And there is nothing more frustrating than a single guy demanding a reply even when it is clear they have not read our profile ! lol

over a year ago

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Don't worry I'm not going bonkers or insane yet

over a year ago

"Don't read anything into what happens after you send a message,send it and forget about it or you could send yourself demented wondering whats going on with it,some people take ages to reply,like evie said some couples reply together and some people have a mass delete every now and then without replying at all "

this ^^^^

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm a bulk delete woman lol, so mostly if it has been read but not replied, I would just accept it as a thanks but no thanks, and then be pleasantly surprised if and when they do!

over a year ago

It means they've read it, not deleted it and not replied. Trying to analyse it further than that, or second guess the recipient's reasons for doing so is pointless

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"I'm a bulk delete woman lol, so mostly if it has been read but not replied, I would just accept it as a thanks but no thanks, and then be pleasantly surprised if and when they do! "

usually once per quarter year lmao!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I rarely delete, I just let them drop off my inbox.

So if I've read but haven't replied in a day or so I'm not going to.

Try to stop looking at the sent mail and who's looked facilities - that way lies madness!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I don't want to give the 'stalker' impression so I haven't sent more. Don't want to get a bad reputation, well not for that"

Did somebody mention stalker

over a year ago

Best thing to do is delete your sent messages

over a year ago

Only thing to ever read into a sent message is a reply take everything else as a no. Then if you do get a reply a few days later its a nice surprise

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Hi all, I know the rule that a deleted message without a reply means they are not interested.

Advice

Cheers"

I just don't bother deleting messages

over a year ago

"Hi all, I know the rule that a deleted message without a reply means they are not interested.

Advice

Cheers"

if you hAve not had an answer it means no interest, don't look at your sent box except to remember what you said.

By *lumsy colinMan
over a year ago

basingstoke

"Some i don't delte i mean to get back too, but doesn't always work

some people just don't bother deleting they just fall of the read messages after 100"

how on earth do you manage to get a hundred messages???

over a year ago

...or maybe they just haven't got round to deleting it and are still not interested?

over a year ago

Similar question so I'll post it here, is it common that people don't read some messages at all?

over a year ago

"Similar question so I'll post it here, is it common that people don't read some messages at all? "

Never had an overloaded message box, but hear that some women get 100+ messages a day, what would you do if you had that many?

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"Similar question so I'll post it here, is it common that people don't read some messages at all? "

Sometimes I will take a look at the profile first, if it's not for me I don't bother to read the message

over a year ago

"Similar question so I'll post it here, is it common that people don't read some messages at all?

Sometimes I will take a look at the profile first, if it's not for me I don't bother to read the message"

Yeah I am with you on that - some dont read your profile before messaging !!

over a year ago

Advice

Cheers"

If I/We haven't had a reply to a read message within 24 hours, it gets deleted at our end, then we forget about it/them. Simple.

ted.

over a year ago

It means we might get back to sender when we have time I dont see why mail is not completely private

Post new Message to Thread