Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

phone number

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how do u feel about giving yr number out? a guy wants to chat on the phone but i refused to give my number. we have no meet arranged and we have only just started chatting. hes now got the hump cause i wont give him my number. am i being a little over cauctious?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"how do u feel about giving yr number out? a guy wants to chat on the phone but i refused to give my number. we have no meet arranged and we have only just started chatting. hes now got the hump cause i wont give him my number. am i being a little over cauctious?"

No

over a year ago

glad im not being. thank u

over a year ago

If you have a smartphone you can download apps that block numbers. Handy for spammers and stalkers.

over a year ago

i tend not to want to give out my main number so have a pay as you go one that i give out till i trust people it can be throw away that way

But in this case if hes getting the hump maybe not the right person to give a number to anyway

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I only give out my number when a firm meet has been arranged and for texts only. I understand that people may think I am a man in disguise but so far I've not let anyone down.

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

"how do u feel about giving yr number out? a guy wants to chat on the phone but i refused to give my number. we have no meet arranged and we have only just started chatting. hes now got the hump cause i wont give him my number. am i being a little over cauctious?"

No i do exactly the same and if he is that keen to talk to you ask for his number and add the 141 prefix to withhold your number from his phone.

over a year ago

Sorry for the blunt message. This guy sounds like trouble if he is getting the hump because you won't give your number to him after just ONE message.

Personally,I would tell him to go and do one.

Take care and good luck

over a year ago

"If you have a smartphone you can download apps that block numbers. Handy for spammers and stalkers."

i have an s3 so i can spam his number but why should i have to. whats stopping him using another number.

over a year ago

I never give my number out, even guys I have met don't have my number

over a year ago

"I only give out my number when a firm meet has been arranged and for texts only. I understand that people may think I am a man in disguise but so far I've not let anyone down."

yes i go for this option too

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I think you can get a Skype number for about a fiver a month

over a year ago

"Sorry for the blunt message. This guy sounds like trouble if he is getting the hump because you won't give your number to him after just ONE message.

Personally,I would tell him to go and do one.

Take care and good luck"

over a year ago

"If you have a smartphone you can download apps that block numbers. Handy for spammers and stalkers.

i have an s3 so i can spam his number but why should i have to. whats stopping him using another number. "

I didn't say you *had to* I was merely making a humble suggestion based on my own experience when it has been useful to block numbers having given it out.

If you don't like suggestions maybe don't go seeking them! Although perhaps you weren't in any case.

over a year ago

I do give mine out if I have a real interest in someone,a chat on the phone does'nt bother me,I like to know that I can connect as well over the phone the same as messaging

Ive only had to block one person from my phone,everyone else has treated having the number with total respect

But you do what you're comfortable with and don't let anyone push you into anything you're not happy with

over a year ago

You did right, but you could get his number and ring him, withholding your number. I have done that a time or two.

Everyone goes on about fakes and what not's, so much, so the problem seems much bigger than it actually is.

I dont blame him for asking for a phone chat to verify you are a female. I also understand why you dont want to give your number out

over a year ago

"If you have a smartphone you can download apps that block numbers. Handy for spammers and stalkers.

i have an s3 so i can spam his number but why should i have to. whats stopping him using another number.

I didn't say you *had to* I was merely making a humble suggestion based on my own experience when it has been useful to block numbers having given it out.

If you don't like suggestions maybe don't go seeking them! Although perhaps you weren't in any case."

sorry wasnt meant to come across as rude.

over a year ago

"You did right, but you could get his number and ring him, withholding your number. I have done that a time or two.

Everyone goes on about fakes and what not's, so much, so the problem seems much bigger than it actually is.

I dont blame him for asking for a phone chat to verify you are a female. I also understand why you dont want to give your number out "

i would have offered to cam to show im female. but didnt after he was rude and said im wasting his time. i never even agreed a meet with him

over a year ago

Given my number out loads had no issues ever

over a year ago

" Given my number out loads had no issues ever "

have gave my number to some guys when a meet has been planned. but i wont be bullied into giving it out. we had no meets planned and only sent me a few messages before. and had a go at me because i can not meet for a weeks.

By *unglerivermonkeyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

"You did right, but you could get his number and ring him, withholding your number. I have done that a time or two.

I dont blame him for asking for a phone chat to verify you are a female. I also understand why you dont want to give your number out

i would have offered to cam to show im female. but didnt after he was rude and said im wasting his time. i never even agreed a meet with him "

He sounds like a loser. What is his problem anyway? Does he not believe that you are a female? Well I thought that was what the verification process was for!

From your profile I would not doubt your authentisity and I would never pester for your number.

Just for the record...does Mr Strop have his profile verified?

over a year ago

" Given my number out loads had no issues ever

have gave my number to some guys when a meet has been planned. but i wont be bullied into giving it out. we had no meets planned and only sent me a few messages before. and had a go at me because i can not meet for a weeks. "

Yeah im not saying you have to give it out to this guy. Just saying I not had any issues when giving mine out so happy to do so x

over a year ago

i would have offered to cam to show im female. but didnt after he was rude and said im wasting his time. i never even agreed a meet with him

He sounds like a loser. What is his problem anyway? Does he not believe that you are a female? Well I thought that was what the verification process was for!

From your profile I would not doubt your authentisity and I would never pester for your number.

Just for the record...does Mr Strop have his profile verified?"

yeah he does

over a year ago

Not over cautious at all! I only give my number out when a meet has been arranged. The only time it's been abused was when I declined to take things further but a few 'delete my number and don't ever text me again' messages did the trick

To be fair most men I've spoken to on here will understand that I don't want to give my number out. If he's getting stroppy about it I'd give him a miss. Good luck

over a year ago

No not at all, he can always go in the chat room and PM, set so no one else can message so chat in peace. xx

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

I have no problem giving my number out and have done many times - but only once a meet has actually been arranged.

I have had absolutely no problems with giving it out either. Maybe I've just been lucky. On my phone I can block numbers (I think) anyway, never had to use it.

I just find that giving out a number makes it easier to communicate. Even some guys aren't comfortable giving out their number and I'm cool either way really.

over a year ago

I only give out my number when I am at least 90% certain that I want to meet that person.

over a year ago

Morrigan made the mistake of giving her number to a "nice" guy and ended up regreting it she had to change her number and now we also have a cheap pay as you go swing phone

over a year ago

I am also cautious in this manner. I prefer only my mates offline and family knowing my mobile number. Bad enough work nagging for it and colleagues wanting it so they can ask to swap shifts, etc.

I believe in kik messenger. It comes through to your phone just like a text, no numbers are given and you can block them if they suddenly start to annoy you. So no one can harass anyone then.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

Don't mind giving my number out .. not had any problems so far

over a year ago

"I have no problem giving my number out and have done many times - but only once a meet has actually been arranged.

I have had absolutely no problems with giving it out either. Maybe I've just been lucky. On my phone I can block numbers (I think) anyway, never had to use it.

I just find that giving out a number makes it easier to communicate. Even some guys aren't comfortable giving out their number and I'm cool either way really."

What phone you got? Want to know how you block numbers.

over a year ago

"I only give out my number when a firm meet has been arranged and for texts only. I understand that people may think I am a man in disguise but so far I've not let anyone down."

is that U jimmy!

over a year ago

May have been said, I've not read the whole thread, but....

Maybe get yourself a second cheap pay and go phone, if and when you choose to offer your number then offer this, that way you can leave it switched off and in a drawer (or wherever) if you're not available to talk.

Pay and go sims are cheap and sometimes free, so any problems then change number, just be sure to let those who you want to stay in touch with know your new number.

over a year ago

"I have no problem giving my number out and have done many times - but only once a meet has actually been arranged.

I just find that giving out a number makes it easier to communicate. Even some guys aren't comfortable giving out their number and I'm cool either way really.

What phone you got? Want to know how you block numbers. "

i have an samsung galaxy s3 and its programmed in the phone to do it

over a year ago

"May have been said, I've not read the whole thread, but....

Maybe get yourself a second cheap pay and go phone, if and when you choose to offer your number then offer this, that way you can leave it switched off and in a drawer (or wherever) if you're not available to talk.

Pay and go sims are cheap and sometimes free, so any problems then change number, just be sure to let those who you want to stay in touch with know your new number."

might give this a try

over a year ago

i have an samsung galaxy s3 and its programmed in the phone to do it"

iPhones need that feature badly as I have come across nutters personality and people close to me have as well and this feature doesn't exist on the phone as far as we are aware

over a year ago

i have an samsung galaxy s3 and its programmed in the phone to do it

iPhones need that feature badly as I have come across nutters personality and people close to me have as well and this feature doesn't exist on the phone as far as we are aware "

think u can download an app for that. or if u contract due for renewal change and get a new s4

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

I have this feature on my new HTC phone you can certainly block calls, txts, whatapp etc.

over a year ago

If you jail break an iPhone you can down load iblacklist app - it's great for blocking and managing numbers - I love it

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I have a play phone after my number was posted on a fake profile on here. I prefer to talk on the phone quite early on, to see if we have a connection.

over a year ago

I swap numbers when a meet is planned but not before. I only ever use my play phone anyway, even for friends on here.

over a year ago

Must be so nice to be able to afford a spare phone for a different use. I can't even afford the one I got now

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"Must be so nice to be able to afford a spare phone for a different use. I can't even afford the one I got now "

It's £10 a month for unlimited text messages. The phone was from my old contract.

over a year ago

If he wanted yr fone number that quick i wld say that he wanted fone sex. Id never give my number out that quickly

over a year ago

"If he wanted yr fone number that quick i wld say that he wanted fone sex. Id never give my number out that quickly "

^^^ this

OP, you're definitely NOT being overcautious, and if he's got the hump because you won't give him your number, then you're not on the same wavelength as him at all.

Be glad you found this out before spending any more time on him. Plenty more fish in the sea.

over a year ago

"If he wanted yr fone number that quick i wld say that he wanted fone sex. Id never give my number out that quickly

^^^ this

OP, you're definitely NOT being overcautious, and if he's got the hump because you won't give him your number, then you're not on the same wavelength as him at all.

Be glad you found this out before spending any more time on him. Plenty more fish in the sea."

totally agree

over a year ago

"how do u feel about giving yr number out? a guy wants to chat on the phone but i refused to give my number. we have no meet arranged and we have only just started chatting. hes now got the hump cause i wont give him my number. am i being a little over cauctious?

No i do exactly the same and if he is that keen to talk to you ask for his number and add the 141 prefix to withhold your number from his phone.

"

No your not being over cautious your being sensible...as above get their number n use 141.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

No, he's too pushy. He can contact you on here. Meet him in a cafe too first time and go by your instinct - if you have reservations about him, don't meet or contact again.

By *ussiesGalore2Couple (FF)
over a year ago

Leeds / York

Pay as you swing.........definitely the way to go. Hmm, I feel a new business idea coming on! X

Post new Message to Thread