Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Planning a party

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any kind souls out there have any advice about organising our first party ? We have an invite list but wondered if there are any "dos & donts" that we should be aware of . All advice would be welcome .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Any kind souls out there have any advice about organising our first party ? We have an invite list but wondered if there are any "dos & donts" that we should be aware of . All advice would be welcome ."

do get someone else to blow up yr balloons,it can be quite exhausting

over a year ago

i had my first last week....DONT get so pissed that u dont rememebr anything....till u get the pics...lol...i was so nervous i just kept drinking...but the party was a success....just relax, chill....and enjoy xx

over a year ago

id put signs up on the doors that ur

allowing ppl 2 play in as some ppl

have kids an wouldnt be allowed ppl

2 play in there..so maybe do on a door

open play room an have the door open

if u can have a closed room on that 1

pvt play room on it an keep it closed

but wat do i know lol

over a year ago

i'd have it at a club, save the hassle of cleaning up after the squirters and less stress

over a year ago

food for thought about entry fees on private parties

Most parties are free occasionally a voluntary contribution to wear and tear or other costs is invited.

Some people see parties as a way of increasing personal revenue.

Something that should be considered when visiting the latter ie parties that require payment for entry is that unlike clubs most are breaking many laws.

I am no legal eagle by any means and would more likely be found in the dock than on the bench in any court of law but I do know that clubs have to fullfill many legal requirements that cost a lot of money.

Breaching health and safety is a sure fired way of getting shut down and fire regulations are strictly enforced on clubs, jacuzzi cleanliness is regularly checked by most councils, shower temperatures, drinking water tempertures and so on are tested not just for how hot or cold they are but also for the presence of bacteria.

The numbers present in relation to the number of fire extinghishers and fire exits are monitored.

Legal documentation in the form of membership is usually in place to prevent use of information gained in clubs being used in the media.

And above all Public Liability policies are paid for, fall down the stairs at your favourite club through no fault of your own preventing you from working for 6 months and you should be covered by insurance.

Most of the above is rarely available to you at a party where you have had to pay admission, yet many such venues charge similar prices to clubs.

Private parties where no entry fee is mandatory are a totally different matter of course and about the only regulation you might fall foul of is laws regarding noise, perhaps public indeceny if things spill out onto the lawn or neighbours lawn

Not saying you shouldn't attend whichever party or venue you like but just a thought in defence of those who charge at clubs and those who don't have mandatory entry fees for parties.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I'm confused here....did the OP say she was organising a pay party?

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with pay parties, it is up to individuals if they want to make money but there are laws that they may fall foul of if they don't take them into consideration.

Some people want to make a profit some just want to cover costs.

It doesn't really matter what they are doing as we all have the choice to go or not go, if you consider the price to be excessive then don't go.

If the party is advertised in the EVENTS page and you consider it to be excessively priced there is an option to report it for charging too much.

One regular forum poster (a single female) was recently sent a party invite and asked for a £50 contribution to costs, she opted not to go lol

over a year ago

"I'm confused here....did the OP say she was organising a pay party?"

And I posted as a general bit of "food for thought" for people attending parties, copied and pasted from previous threads on parties in the hope that it would help anyone considering holding a party, attending a party or being the cake at a party.

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"id put signs up on the doors that ur

allowing ppl 2 play in as some ppl

have kids an wouldnt be allowed ppl

2 play in there..so maybe do on a door

open play room an have the door open

if u can have a closed room on that 1

pvt play room on it an keep it closed

but wat do i know lol

"

I agree with the above and it helps to keep rooms free like the loo lol. I'd also suggest protecting your mattresses from spills lol and would have a no drinks upstairs rule too. Plenty of notice to allow people to organise sitters also helps.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

no...not having a pay party... its just a private house party for friends ..

Post new Message to Thread