
Join us FREE, we're FREE to use
Web's largest swingers site since 2006.
Already registered?
Login here
| Back to forum list |
| Back to Swinging Support and Advice |
| Jump to newest |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." Set your expectations very very low. It could be that going to your local social club pub gym shopping centre.. Old school... might be more successful.. Although depends how you choose to define success | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I was in a similar position in my earlier days. I can only suggest that when I made more effort, made my messages more personal to the lady I was messaging I was more successful. Only message those that you have matching preferences, not the ones who want different things but are stunning. Find a way to make your message match something in their bio, it shows you took the effort to read it. It took my way over a year to realise that it was me any my approach that was wrong. Good luck my friend. " Hey bro and sorry op for pinching this but I’ve made a similar post today and getting messages out there is tough I suppose if you don’t ask you don’t get but is there any way you could coach me in sending messages? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I was in a similar position in my earlier days. I can only suggest that when I made more effort, made my messages more personal to the lady I was messaging I was more successful. Only message those that you have matching preferences, not the ones who want different things but are stunning. Find a way to make your message match something in their bio, it shows you took the effort to read it. It took my way over a year to realise that it was me any my approach that was wrong. Good luck my friend. Hey bro and sorry op for pinching this but I’ve made a similar post today and getting messages out there is tough I suppose if you don’t ask you don’t get but is there any way you could coach me in sending messages? " Nobody can or should coach you in sending messages.It needs to be your words etc, not what you think someone wants to hear. All I'll say is always read a profile, only message the ones you like and are a fit for & be polite. Make your profile the best it can be, as most of us look there first. Good luck. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I was in a similar position in my earlier days. I can only suggest that when I made more effort, made my messages more personal to the lady I was messaging I was more successful. Only message those that you have matching preferences, not the ones who want different things but are stunning. Find a way to make your message match something in their bio, it shows you took the effort to read it. It took my way over a year to realise that it was me any my approach that was wrong. Good luck my friend. " Well done you. When you know better you do better. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." You say youve had 3 meets in 2 years. But this profile is 3 months old. Its a new profile it will take time to get meets when you have a new profile. Try going to a club or social event to get some veris that might help you. People are cautious on here and most dont like to meet unverified new profiles. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." Gawd, I only fancy 4 fab members in the whole of the uk | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I've been on the site for quite a long time. What I've found is the very new people that have never been here actually have an attitude. The attitude, and this is not every man, is that "these women are up for it and I just need to send a few messages, plus a picture of my cock and they'll be gagging for me!!" Once they realize that this is not the case then it all turns on the woman, that "there are a lot of ignorant women on the site", "that nobody wants to have fun", or "what kind of site is this I thought it was a sex site. Why am I not having sex?" The thing is to act like you are meeting somebody for the first time face to face. What would you say to that woman face to face? You certainly wouldn't say in a public place "let's go for a fuck, how big are your tits? How big is your fanny?" Sadly this is what seems to be happening. Some men think that the only way to get to a woman on this site is to be crude and rude and to act like 14 year old boys. The key is to be yourself and to act as though you are meeting somebody face to face. " This exactly | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Pretty normal. If we unlock single guys it gets pretty exhausting dealing with countless messages. " Same. We make it as clear as possible that we'll pop a status update up if meeting men, so don't message. Makes no odds, still get loads, even some saying "read your profile, you sound my type!" - when clearly they haven't read a word. All it results in is being ignored/deleted at best, blocked at worst. We feel sorry for the genuine singles who read profiles and respect them as all this nonsense just makes couples/fems turn the single men option off. But yes, that's why so many get ignored - fatigue basically. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Pretty normal. If we unlock single guys it gets pretty exhausting dealing with countless messages. Same. We make it as clear as possible that we'll pop a status update up if meeting men, so don't message. Makes no odds, still get loads, even some saying "read your profile, you sound my type!" - when clearly they haven't read a word. All it results in is being ignored/deleted at best, blocked at worst. We feel sorry for the genuine singles who read profiles and respect them as all this nonsense just makes couples/fems turn the single men option off. But yes, that's why so many get ignored - fatigue basically." We don't block single men from messaging as like many couples we actively seek them. It takes mere seconds to delete a message and/or block someone. The fact that many messages look like they've been written by Jay from the Inbetweeners mid wank, or consist purely of an unimaginative 'hi' make the decision to delete easy. Good messages seriously stand out, as do those that don't come with the common dick pic. But even a good message will get deleted if we're not interested in someone based on their profile. Any message someone sends is always speculative. It's marketing. The same as junk mail or spam emails. It's never owed a reply and even if someone thinks that's rude then so be it. Obi | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Interesting takes and responses, which I very much appreciate. Although there is a lot of assumption that I am only ever writing the bare minimum, feel that I’m owed it and am writing generically, none of which are the case and I’m pretty confident in my social abilities, boundaries and etiquette. I was just interested to hear what the mean experience factor is like for folks on here after a fair amount of disappointment. It is a superficial highly guarded place that is highly saturated at the end of the day which can’t really be helped." It's good that you have confidence. Though perhaps it's worth acknowledging that social abilities and etiquette are context dependent. If someone approaches me on here like I'd expect them to at a FemDomme event, they're no good to me. If someone approaches me at a FemDomme event as if it were online here, they're no good to me. For sure there's plenty of people who are looking for a particular aesthetic when it comes to a place like this. But there's plenty who aren't. And to call it superficial and lacking in depth may be why you're not getting anywhere 💜 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Calling women of 34 "older" probably isn't helping to be honest." • 🤔.....? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." Local couples and ladies might not want to engage with someone so close especially if its a more rural area. 3 meets in 2 years ain't bad if you dont go to clubs or socials | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." Not sure if you're close enough, but if you messaged us then we'd reply (unless it was a really shit message) | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." My last meet through Fab was in November, and that was my only meet last year. I was in Birmingham June, for an annual conference, staying two nights in Malmaison, so right in the city centre. I changed my location to Birmingham, and posted regular status updates, in the hope that the locals might notice me. I messaged 30 profiles in the run up to my weekend stay. All carefully selected as potential, genuine matches, and received……..not a single reply. 🫣 So I went to the V2V club in Nuneaton instead (veris on my profile). In a nutshell OP; don’t feel special, we’re all suffering in this shit show together. 😋👍 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Advice saying to read the profile and respond appropriately are kinda ignoring the issue - most messages never get read. I have sent messages to people who are a great match and they never read the message but are still online saying they are looking to meet (and often complaining about how many messages they have) - go figure! It’s easier to find someone in normal life than on here. I have had arrangements planned on here and then people go awol or suddenly block you. It’s rude and selfish. Just because people are sexually adventurous doesn’t stop them from being assholes." They all get read, or a very high majority. Mostly via email notifications. Some just get marked as unread again. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Advice saying to read the profile and respond appropriately are kinda ignoring the issue - most messages never get read. I have sent messages to people who are a great match and they never read the message but are still online saying they are looking to meet (and often complaining about how many messages they have) - go figure! It’s easier to find someone in normal life than on here. I have had arrangements planned on here and then people go awol or suddenly block you. It’s rude and selfish. Just because people are sexually adventurous doesn’t stop them from being assholes." How is it rude to not being interested in someone? Just because you think you're a good match through the profile, doesnt mean they are attracted to you. No one has to meet someone else just because they are on here. Tink | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Advice saying to read the profile and respond appropriately are kinda ignoring the issue - most messages never get read. I have sent messages to people who are a great match and they never read the message but are still online saying they are looking to meet (and often complaining about how many messages they have) - go figure! It’s easier to find someone in normal life than on here. I have had arrangements planned on here and then people go awol or suddenly block you. It’s rude and selfish. Just because people are sexually adventurous doesn’t stop them from being assholes." Just because you think they are a great match for you, doesn’t mean they will think the same. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “." If they reply they have to block otherwise by replying to you they've let you through the filters It's not about manners, it's about fabmin | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “." Who are you talking to? There is a reply and quote button. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"...most messages never get read. I have sent messages to people who are a great match..." A great match according to whom? The recipient might find nothing in common with you or any perceived compatibilities having read your profile (before even opening your message). "...and they never read the message but are still online saying they are looking to meet (and often complaining about how many messages they have) - go figure!" Most people are discerning. They are looking to meet with those who match their preferences and those who can give them chemistry, connection etc. Being online doesn't correlate to "I'll fuck anything with a pulse". "It’s easier to find someone in normal life than on here. I have had arrangements planned on here and then people go awol or suddenly block you. It’s rude and selfish. Just because people are sexually adventurous doesn’t stop them from being assholes." Perhaps you're the common denominator and you need to rethink your approach if you're experiencing the same unsatisfactory outcomes time and time again...? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “." Clearly more effort than they feel it's worth 💜 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “." Actually takes a lot of effort as you are sometimes one of hundreds. On my old couples account messages were constant if logged on. Life is too busy to type "no thanks" potentially hundreds of times especially as often that triggers a reply. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “." Omg! I used to have a single female profile on here and got hundreds of messages - and worked out how long it would take to send a ‘no thanks’ to each one. It worked out as hours!! And before you then counteract with suggesting I’m being ‘up myself’ or something, no I’m not. All single women get the same on here. Also - even now on our couples profile, if we don’t block people who are of no interest, some of them message constantly - even if we don’t reply! It’s weird. I think they think we will eventually notice them if they keep on. Honestly - it really annoys me guys acting like we’re rude when there is literally no choice other than to block. I’m not rude at all. Don’t be so offensive. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “. Clearly more effort than they feel it's worth 💜" Harsh, but so very true. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “. Clearly more effort than they feel it's worth 💜 Harsh, but so very true. " Have you got a spare hour or two every day to type no thanks and send a message more than hundred times? (and then deal with the inevitable replies) | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “. Clearly more effort than they feel it's worth 💜 Harsh, but so very true. Have you got a spare hour or two every day to type no thanks and send a message more than hundred times? (and then deal with the inevitable replies) " Exactly! And then after you type ‘no thanks’, many guys are heartened by having any sort of response and then try to carry on the conversation. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Yeah, funnily enough I know that. Still doesn’t take too much effort or manners to just say “no thanks “. Clearly more effort than they feel it's worth 💜 Harsh, but so very true. Have you got a spare hour or two every day to type no thanks and send a message more than hundred times? (and then deal with the inevitable replies) " To be clear I wasn't saying people should reply. No reply is a reply, just not the one people hoped for. I started on here focusing on our couples account so have first hand experience of what happens when you make the effort to say no. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We get fed up of seeing men moaning that nobody ever replies - if you send faf, free now type messages or just say hi, chances are you WILL be ignored. We reply to all sensible questions, as do many other couples, but not always to lazy, one word/line messages. " Yep, and it doesn't help that 9 out of every 10 messages at the minimum haven't read a word of your profile before messaging. In our view it's ignoring us first. You ignore us, we'll ignore you. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It's just the nature of being a guy on a site centred around sex. It's about luck and numbers. On the one hand we are advised to compose unique personal sexy, witty, engaging messages. On the other hand it takes them too much effort to reply to each received message. When I was active in my earlier days on here, I probably sent 20 messages per day. It'd probably take me at least 3 weeks minimum to get any reply. And that reply may not even have converted into anything substantial. My first ever meet on Fab was after I had sent a very simple opening one liner. It wasn't particularly clever or seductive. Just silly. I don't think there is any real rhyme or reason to it. Sending in large volumes does tilt the odds in your favour, but your expectations would consequently naturally lean higher. I think it is best not to except much return at all. If you do find success, it's best to view it was a bonus. I personally found dating apps to be more fruitful depending on what you are searching for. Although they do come with their own pitfalls too. " Very similar to my experience of Fab mate, and with the comprehension of “if something isn’t working for you, change it”, I look outside of Fab, to find myself better respected as a human being, on sites which actually have ladies in them 😎👍 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"To any of you guys feeling sorry for yourselves because you get blocked or ignored - there is absolutely no point directing your bitterness towards the women and couples on here. The people who are actually causing this state of affairs are the badly behaved single men who: 1 - Don’t bother to read profiles. 2 - Spam inboxes with dozens of messages ESPECIALLY when told ‘no thanks’ because to them any sort of response counts. 3 - Opens the communication with unsolicited dick pics. 4 - Send abuse when we aren’t interested. 5 - Send ridiculously low effort messages in the first place. So go and have a go at them. They seem to make up a massive percentage of the site. And at the end of the day, if you feel like Fab is that bad, that we’re all so bad mannered and that there aren’t even ‘real ladies’ on here then you really don’t need to be here. Whining about it constantly isn’t a good look. " This but don’t forget 6- sends ridiculously detailed messages about what “they are going to do to you” without even considering consent or if the person reading said message is interested in that kind of thing. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"To any of you guys feeling sorry for yourselves because you get blocked or ignored - there is absolutely no point directing your bitterness towards the women and couples on here. The people who are actually causing this state of affairs are the badly behaved single men who: 1 - Don’t bother to read profiles. 2 - Spam inboxes with dozens of messages ESPECIALLY when told ‘no thanks’ because to them any sort of response counts. 3 - Opens the communication with unsolicited dick pics. 4 - Send abuse when we aren’t interested. 5 - Send ridiculously low effort messages in the first place. So go and have a go at them. They seem to make up a massive percentage of the site. And at the end of the day, if you feel like Fab is that bad, that we’re all so bad mannered and that there aren’t even ‘real ladies’ on here then you really don’t need to be here. Whining about it constantly isn’t a good look. This but don’t forget 6- sends ridiculously detailed messages about what “they are going to do to you” without even considering consent or if the person reading said message is interested in that kind of thing. " • I would probably smack her ⬆️ derrière with my 1937 edition of The Hobbit. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"To any of you guys feeling sorry for yourselves because you get blocked or ignored - there is absolutely no point directing your bitterness towards the women and couples on here. The people who are actually causing this state of affairs are the badly behaved single men who: 1 - Don’t bother to read profiles. 2 - Spam inboxes with dozens of messages ESPECIALLY when told ‘no thanks’ because to them any sort of response counts. 3 - Opens the communication with unsolicited dick pics. 4 - Send abuse when we aren’t interested. 5 - Send ridiculously low effort messages in the first place. So go and have a go at them. They seem to make up a massive percentage of the site. And at the end of the day, if you feel like Fab is that bad, that we’re all so bad mannered and that there aren’t even ‘real ladies’ on here then you really don’t need to be here. Whining about it constantly isn’t a good look. This but don’t forget 6- sends ridiculously detailed messages about what “they are going to do to you” without even considering consent or if the person reading said message is interested in that kind of thing. " The problem is men (and indeed couples to a lesser extent) can do everything right, do none of the bad things and still not get replies. It is just numbers and timing. Most ladies don't have the time to sift through all their messages most of the time. And most people are not in the mode to meet or make new contacts most of the time. My ex-partner deleted my first message and didn't read my second a few weeks later. Third time lucky she was in mode to read messages and reply and meet fairly quickly. Essentially the same message three times but timing and luck on my side the third time. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It’s not a numbers game! I really wish people would stop saying this, because the “spray and pray” approach just adds to what’s already noisy inboxes. Do you know what it IS about? Simply the timing of when your message is sent and whether the recipient finds you interesting. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that, because guess what? You can’t control that. The quicker you realise this, the less hung up and in your feelings you’ll be about it." Very this. A numbers game only works if every supposed unit in the calculation behaves like a machine. If a salesman cold-calls 100 businesses, a certain percentage objectively need the software he is selling. But human connection doesn't work like that. You cannot force a statistical conversion rate on someone's personal boundaries, mood, taste, or standards. A thoughtful, personalized message acts like a fast-pass. It cuts straight through the noise of the numbers because it shows actual intent, intelligence, and respect for your time. When there's 98 spray and pray messages and two that actually have a genuine attempt to connect in a day, guess how many are going to be at least considered and get a response of more than "No"? And when there's just 100 spray and pray the next day, I'm not going to engage with any intent to progress because there's no-one better, I'll just delete the lot and wait for someone with an actual interest in myself rather than any viable hole to get in touch 💜 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It’s not a numbers game! I really wish people would stop saying this, because the “spray and pray” approach just adds to what’s already noisy inboxes. Do you know what it IS about? Simply the timing of when your message is sent and whether the recipient finds you interesting. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that, because guess what? You can’t control that. The quicker you realise this, the less hung up and in your feelings you’ll be about it. Very this. A numbers game only works if every supposed unit in the calculation behaves like a machine. If a salesman cold-calls 100 businesses, a certain percentage objectively need the software he is selling. But human connection doesn't work like that. You cannot force a statistical conversion rate on someone's personal boundaries, mood, taste, or standards. A thoughtful, personalized message acts like a fast-pass. It cuts straight through the noise of the numbers because it shows actual intent, intelligence, and respect for your time. When there's 98 spray and pray messages and two that actually have a genuine attempt to connect in a day, guess how many are going to be at least considered and get a response of more than "No"? And when there's just 100 spray and pray the next day, I'm not going to engage with any intent to progress because there's no-one better, I'll just delete the lot and wait for someone with an actual interest in myself rather than any viable hole to get in touch 💜" The mindset is waaaay too transactional! But the “sprayers and prayers” usually AREN’T anywhere near the forums so unfortunately most of this falls on deaf ears. I know how the game works, I just refuse to play it anymore. The cynic in me feels these kind of threads are simply because people want to drive traffic from others in their direction. Simple as that. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It’s not a numbers game! I really wish people would stop saying this, because the “spray and pray” approach just adds to what’s already noisy inboxes. Do you know what it IS about? Simply the timing of when your message is sent and whether the recipient finds you interesting. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that, because guess what? You can’t control that. The quicker you realise this, the less hung up and in your feelings you’ll be about it." • Agreed. It's a bugbear of mine that rather hackneyed remark, together with "the bad guys ruin it for us genuine men" which is also sometimes thrown around on the forums like confetti. "No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that..." A well constructed profile will, to some degree, complement a half-decent message and support whether the recipient finds you interesting, if at all, but I agree otherwise. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It’s not a numbers game! I really wish people would stop saying this, because the “spray and pray” approach just adds to what’s already noisy inboxes. Do you know what it IS about? Simply the timing of when your message is sent and whether the recipient finds you interesting. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that, because guess what? You can’t control that. The quicker you realise this, the less hung up and in your feelings you’ll be about it. • Agreed. It's a bugbear of mine that rather hackneyed remark, together with "the bad guys ruin it for us genuine men" which is also sometimes thrown around on the forums like confetti. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that... A well constructed profile will, to some degree, complement a half-decent message and support whether the recipient finds you interesting, if at all, but I agree otherwise." This!! Most people look at profiles before reading a message. I certainly do. If I don’t see something in the profile that makes me think we are looking for the same thing then I’m afraid the message is less likely to get a reply. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It’s not a numbers game! I really wish people would stop saying this, because the “spray and pray” approach just adds to what’s already noisy inboxes. Do you know what it IS about? Simply the timing of when your message is sent and whether the recipient finds you interesting. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that, because guess what? You can’t control that. The quicker you realise this, the less hung up and in your feelings you’ll be about it. • Agreed. It's a bugbear of mine that rather hackneyed remark, together with "the bad guys ruin it for us genuine men" which is also sometimes thrown around on the forums like confetti. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that... A well constructed profile will, to some degree, complement a half-decent message and support whether the recipient finds you interesting, if at all, but I agree otherwise. This!! Most people look at profiles before reading a message. I certainly do. If I don’t see something in the profile that makes me think we are looking for the same thing then I’m afraid the message is less likely to get a reply. " 100000000000% this. We couldn't care less if someone thinks they've created the greatest message in the history of all messages, personalised it to us and have read every word we've written. If they're not what we're looking for at best they'll get a nice polite 'no thanks, but great message' response, or if they've caught us on a day when the inbox has been filled with repetitive crap that we've seen a thousand times before - it'll likely go straight in the bin along with those that have put zero effort in. Sorry not sorry. We ALWAYS view the profile before the message. That means that if Henry Cavill or Idris Elba were on here they could send us a FAF? or 'nice tits' message and get away with it, be guaranteed a reply and we'd forgive a total lack of effort. 🤷♂️ And if that sounds superficial then guess what - we don't care. We're here for us, not to service the wants of anyone else because they'reon Fab and horny. We don't need to meet anyone via a message or via Fab. We have a big enough circle of friends already and our club trips are always great. Anything that happens via a message or anything on Fab is infrequent and when we're in the mood. The people that complain the most seem to rely on Fab as a sole source of sex or any physical intimacy with the opposite sex, and when that's not forthcoming don't do the sensible thing and look elsewhere instead of putting all their eggs in one basket, they simply blame 'the numbers', the site and the apparent 'rudeness' of other site users. Some people wouldn't have any luck on here if they were the only person of their gender and there were a million of the opposite. Just being here and sending messages guarantees diddly squat. Obi | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"It’s not a numbers game! I really wish people would stop saying this, because the “spray and pray” approach just adds to what’s already noisy inboxes. Do you know what it IS about? Simply the timing of when your message is sent and whether the recipient finds you interesting. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that, because guess what? You can’t control that. The quicker you realise this, the less hung up and in your feelings you’ll be about it. • Agreed. It's a bugbear of mine that rather hackneyed remark, together with "the bad guys ruin it for us genuine men" which is also sometimes thrown around on the forums like confetti. No amount of profile or message tweaking is going to change that... A well constructed profile will, to some degree, complement a half-decent message and support whether the recipient finds you interesting, if at all, but I agree otherwise. This!! Most people look at profiles before reading a message. I certainly do. If I don’t see something in the profile that makes me think we are looking for the same thing then I’m afraid the message is less likely to get a reply. 100000000000% this. We couldn't care less if someone thinks they've created the greatest message in the history of all messages, personalised it to us and have read every word we've written. If they're not what we're looking for at best they'll get a nice polite 'no thanks, but great message' response, or if they've caught us on a day when the inbox has been filled with repetitive crap that we've seen a thousand times before - it'll likely go straight in the bin along with those that have put zero effort in. Sorry not sorry. We ALWAYS view the profile before the message. That means that if Henry Cavill or Idris Elba were on here they could send us a FAF? or 'nice tits' message and get away with it, be guaranteed a reply and we'd forgive a total lack of effort. 🤷♂️ And if that sounds superficial then guess what - we don't care. We're here for us, not to service the wants of anyone else because they'reon Fab and horny. We don't need to meet anyone via a message or via Fab. We have a big enough circle of friends already and our club trips are always great. Anything that happens via a message or anything on Fab is infrequent and when we're in the mood. The people that complain the most seem to rely on Fab as a sole source of sex or any physical intimacy with the opposite sex, and when that's not forthcoming don't do the sensible thing and look elsewhere instead of putting all their eggs in one basket, they simply blame 'the numbers', the site and the apparent 'rudeness' of other site users. Some people wouldn't have any luck on here if they were the only person of their gender and there were a million of the opposite. Just being here and sending messages guarantees diddly squat. Obi" 100% this | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Tell me about it. And some moan about copy and paste or just saying hi but when you spend an age writing a well crafted msg only to have it unread and ignored or blocked you stop bothering after a while" As long as that stops bothering means stop wasting time on the site rather than start sending low effort bull to people you're not all that interested in, great 💜 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"hiya mate.. your not alone it seems the norm on here.. for every 20 messages i send i probably get 5 ignored totally and 15 read and ignored.." Did that experience suggest anything to you? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I agree with the man called Obi. I think sometimes reality is like a bucket of cold water dashing the hopes of the hopeful. Don’t blame other people for your own lack of success. I bet I could send a message to that Obi bloke and get a shag off his gf. " She sent you a reply Steve, you smooth talker. 😉😂 Obi | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I agree with the man called Obi. I think sometimes reality is like a bucket of cold water dashing the hopes of the hopeful. Don’t blame other people for your own lack of success. I bet I could send a message to that Obi bloke and get a shag off his gf. She sent you a reply Steve, you smooth talker. 😉😂 Obi" Bloody hell!!! Yes please! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"To any of you guys feeling sorry for yourselves because you get blocked or ignored - there is absolutely no point directing your bitterness towards the women and couples on here. The people who are actually causing this state of affairs are the badly behaved single men who: 1 - Don’t bother to read profiles. 2 - Spam inboxes with dozens of messages ESPECIALLY when told ‘no thanks’ because to them any sort of response counts. 3 - Opens the communication with unsolicited dick pics. 4 - Send abuse when we aren’t interested. 5 - Send ridiculously low effort messages in the first place. So go and have a go at them. They seem to make up a massive percentage of the site. And at the end of the day, if you feel like Fab is that bad, that we’re all so bad mannered and that there aren’t even ‘real ladies’ on here then you really don’t need to be here. Whining about it constantly isn’t a good look. This but don’t forget 6- sends ridiculously detailed messages about what “they are going to do to you” without even considering consent or if the person reading said message is interested in that kind of thing. • I would probably smack her ⬆️ derrière with my 1937 edition of The Hobbit." .. I hope that’s the hardback with the copperplate script and the inside sleeve signed by Tolkien himself | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Definitely doing something wrong with a cock and body like that mate! " having a hot body/cock means very little when its what they are saying is wrong ive block 100s with hot bodies because of whats come out of their mouths | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Definitely doing something wrong with a cock and body like that mate! having a hot body/cock means very little when its what they are saying is wrong ive block 100s with hot bodies because of whats come out of their mouths" Exactly!! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." The problem is that the ratios of men to women on the site are massively skewed. I don’t know that the ratio is right now, but it used to be 40:1. With the introduction of the likes of OnlyFans, most of the (few) sexual women around us monetised their sexualities. When that started happening, in my opinion, they started pulling away from going out to (dance) clubs, these sorts of sites and so on. Most sexual women can click their fingers and have a guy there in minutes. The hotter the woman, the less likely they are to be on here, and for those who are, the greater the quantity of messages they’re going to be receiving. Of course, the more messages a woman receives from other men, the less your chances become. A female friend of mine joined here a while ago. She uploaded a photo, she’s a good looking lady, and the amount of messages was completely unmanageable. What makes it worse is that because of the ratios, men get extremely desperate, and this pushes women further away and makes the problem worse. I personally get hit rates of around half. The half that ignore, I block. The half that respond, I keep on the back burner and keep them around. Sometimes those conversations develop, and sometimes not. Here’s a critical piece of advice; you MUST stand out. Saying stuff like “hey babe, pretty” - that’s useless. Save your energy. You’re better off tailoring the message to her profile. What I tend to do is say something bizarre that a woman would struggle to ignore. For example; “Shoeboxes! When I buy a new pair of shoes, I always keep the box. They’re useful for storing random bits in. Anyway, what do you collect?” There’s a bit of a formula to making these messages. Is it bizarre enough to stand out? Is it relatable? Does it take the woman on a pleasant mental journey? Does it get her thinking? Can she answer it? Etc. It sounds weird right, but to some extent, you can force attention. It’s a bit like when you look at someone in the street. You’ll notice that they automatically look back at you. In a way, you’ve forced it without them being able to hold you accountable. It’s mostly a case of using your head to be honest. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Of course, the more messages a woman receives from other men, the less your chances become." Incorrect. If an interesting message comes from someone who has a profile that indicates compatibility and has attractive photos, the chances are I'll pay attention regardless of whether I've got 6 or 600 shit messages from profiles that don't appeal 💜 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"So many people just close their profiles with something akin to “If I don’t reply, I’m not interested” which is a bit of a cop out if you ask me. But on the flip side of that, why do guys message people that aren’t looking for single guys? I’ve been getting messages from bi tv/ts and even “straight” guys asking “do you want fun?”, well I’m on here so yes I want fun, just not with “bi or straight” guys. Read the room and know your audience. " You can stop them from messaging if you use message filters. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"So many people just close their profiles with something akin to “If I don’t reply, I’m not interested” which is a bit of a cop out if you ask me. " Not a cop out but let’s the people who value written rejection know that it’s not coming and they can make a decision to message based on that Or ignore the profile and preferences as most men do | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"So many people just close their profiles with something akin to “If I don’t reply, I’m not interested” which is a bit of a cop out if you ask me." • If you were relatively new on here and joined 13 weeks ago I could understand your grievance. You've been here 13 years and still not cottoned on to the nuances of why people might actually write that. It's not a cop out. Makes total sense to me. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"So many people just close their profiles with something akin to “If I don’t reply, I’m not interested” which is a bit of a cop out if you ask me. Not a cop out but let’s the people who value written rejection know that it’s not coming and they can make a decision to message based on that Or ignore the profile and preferences as most men do" Most men? Or some men? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Most men? Or some men? " It's definitely most men (couples too, can't say for women as they don't message us). At least 90% of our messages are from people who haven't read our profile. Or they have, but ignore our preferences and message anyway. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Oh please! 🙄 Miss me with all this “a lot of men spoilt it for the rest” malarkey. No they flipping DO NOT! They only spoil it for themselves. Can we just hold individual people to account for their actions as an INDIVIDUAL for once?! 🤦🏾♂️ " Totally agree the sentiment but imagine having to go through so many messages every single day…. Sorry but it has been easier to block single men. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
" Totally agree the sentiment but imagine having to go through so many messages every single day…. Sorry but it has been easier to block single men. " With all due respect, you’re preaching to converted with this response. I’m well aware of the sheer volume some users receive. I see it on my girlfriend’s solo account and with other women friends of mine. I’ve been beating on the drum of “if you don’t wanna be bombarded by men then just block them” for as long as I can remember. Club meets for the win every single time. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"I have to agree with the couple above in regards to a lot of single men spoiling it for the rest. You need to realise how many messages we get and the majority are just two or three generic words that do not stimulate our minds. Coupled with making arrangements to meet said men who then delete their profile all adds up to a lot of scepticism on our part. Clubs are a more natural way of getting to know someone xx" And for those guys who don't send two or three generic words, what can we do? I at least think I send good first messages for the most part, and my profile hasn't had any complaints really. But that still doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of messages I send will just never get read. Let alone replied to. I've been to clubs before, but coming to the realisation that they aren't a regular thing for me for various reasons. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." If only you were nearer | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Oh please! 🙄 Miss me with all this “a lot of men spoilt it for the rest” malarkey. No they flipping DO NOT! They only spoil it for themselves. Can we just hold individual people to account for their actions as an INDIVIDUAL for once?! 🤦🏾♂️ " Lol, I think being mixed in with a bunch of dickheads is great! I’m a solid 3.5/10 in real life. Here though, when surrounded by a load of dickheads, I’m a 6! | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"On average if I sent 10 messages out to people in my surrounding area the I might be very lucky to have someone read and ignore that message, let alone message me back. Is this normal? I’ve had three meets in two years which just seems pretty poor, I must be doing something wrong." You aren't doing anything wrong mate. Its just the way it is in here. Window shopping with a great many pretending to want to meet but when it comes down to it they don't. You will very definitely have a better experience of actually meeting someone if you use the dating apps. It's certainly not worth the effort you'd reportedly need to put in to write a lengthy perfect message to any given person, then another wholely unique ones to the next... Youd be here all day and get less that 5 percent response. So i rarely spend endless hours messaging and just say hello, or let them message me. Reduce your expectations. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Post new Message to Thread |
| back to top |