Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

distance to seeing people

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how far would you say was to far for some one to travel to yours,

i looking about anything from 0 to 100 miles which i dont think is very far at all,

so whats the normal distance that you would travel

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For me its 20miles...that's a 40mile round trip so not a long drive. I'd rather drive for less play for longer !

over a year ago

As a single female I normal say about an hours travel time, I usually try to stay local as have a father with alzhmiers & I'm part of his care/support network & might get called for help. x

over a year ago

I would say anything up to 100 miles would go further if I had the time and expense

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I don't travel. If they want me they come to me

over a year ago

either end of the country, not for a quick shag of course ffs!

but lets just say, from glasgow-london I can book a bus/train for a week/month ahead, and it could end up costing £20 there and back

long travel time, bus has wifi,grab a kip.. get the meet!

so yes..I will travel far, especially if its for a party

over a year ago

I would leave that up to the other person to decide as they are making the journey.

If I am travelling depends on who I am meeting and the circumstances.

Leeds is the furthest I have been and that was well worth the trip.

over a year ago

i had guys say to me im too far..and there 30mins away!

yet also have had a guy tavel from liverpool and another from london though and they stayed the night.

suppose everyone is different as to how far they would travel.

i dont drive..but if liked someone and made a night of it id travel a couple of hours.

some years back i got train to Guildford stay with a guy for wkend..luckily he was genuine, wudda been pissed off going all that way and nothing! which i have read happens sometimes so understand why peeps are cautious

over a year ago

Aregate..... bottom of or garden path

over a year ago

I will only travel an hour, as I pass 6 swinging clubs within an hour

over a year ago

I have a 30 min"rule" I feel uncomfortable anyone travelling further then that. I used to travel 4 hours to see one guy and that was worth the journey x

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Aintree

I don't think a 30-60 min drive is unreasonable for a meet, especially as nobody within 5-20 mins seems to want to lol

over a year ago

I cant travel, dont drive can only get into my local town. Someone earlier said he would drive to meet me just for a hello, but its an hour away, too far for just that, wouldnt let them. Done it before someone drove a long way, wont say more but never again

over a year ago

It depends on the person. For one I will travel for hours. For others I won't travel at all.

over a year ago

Think 2hrs is fine and meet halfway

over a year ago

Unless it's friends we know and have met before, we wouldn't normally consider anything over an hour away...we made the mistake once of allowing a guy to travel over 2 hours to us straight after work only to find that he was absolutely not what he had portrayed himself as in his profile or pictures but kind of felt obliged to play because he's come so far...never again so the hour rule is pretty much set in stone because we will not do that ever again and will feel less guilty about turning someone down if we need to...

over a year ago

Yup, I agree. I wouldn't let a man travel more than 20 miles to meet me, as there would be too much pressure to play.

By *harliesteveCouple
over a year ago

selly oak

We drove for 5 hours for a meet. But the twice we have was well worth it. And we would and plan to again

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

I don't put a limit on how far I travel. It all depends on the person. I have travlled all the way up to Leeds from London purely just for a social to catch up with friends. If I have met the person before and they were truly exceptional, there is NO LIMIT

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"I don't put a limit on how far I travel. It all depends on the person. I have travlled all the way up to Leeds from London purely just for a social to catch up with friends. If I have met the person before and they were truly exceptional, there is NO LIMIT "

. Exactly xx

By *arnaclebillMan
over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"I don't travel. If they want me they come to me "

Exact opposite of what it says on your profile - Cannot accommodate can travel

over a year ago

"I don't put a limit on how far I travel. It all depends on the person. I have travlled all the way up to Leeds from London purely just for a social to catch up with friends. If I have met the person before and they were truly exceptional, there is NO LIMIT "

I think I would go further and perhaps meet halfway. So say it was London to newcastle a half way point would be agreed, more so on a first meet given that it has the potential to be a short one if there is no connection

over a year ago

and they do!

over a year ago

We regulalary do 450-500 mile round trips on a weekend !

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

"I don't put a limit on how far I travel. It all depends on the person. I have travlled all the way up to Leeds from London purely just for a social to catch up with friends. If I have met the person before and they were truly exceptional, there is NO LIMIT

I think I would go further and perhaps meet halfway. So say it was London to newcastle a half way point would be agreed, more so on a first meet given that it has the potential to be a short one if there is no connection "

Meeting half way definitely works as well and would be the preferred option if not met in person before.

over a year ago

I never travel (hodophobic) but guys happy to come to me. Tried a long distance meet once...yeah...never again! There's no shortage of gorgeous lads close by.

over a year ago

We prefer local or within 20 to 30 mins ... so between 10 and 20 miles

over a year ago

I would say 30 miles is my absolute max,, i drive for two hours a day already so another hour don't hurt,, gives more play time!

over a year ago

"I don't travel. If they want me they come to me

Exact opposite of what it says on your profile - Cannot accommodate can travel "

funny

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Aintree

"Unless it's friends we know and have met before, we wouldn't normally consider anything over an hour away...we made the mistake once of allowing a guy to travel over 2 hours to us straight after work only to find that he was absolutely not what he had portrayed himself as in his profile or pictures but kind of felt obliged to play because he's come so far...never again so the hour rule is pretty much set in stone because we will not do that ever again and will feel less guilty about turning someone down if we need to..."

Did you not try a webcam chat first?

over a year ago

Living in the countryside means that I need to travel 15miles to get to the nearest town ! An hours travel is the normal for a meet although have been lucky with 10 mins down the road !

over a year ago

Tried the long meet doesn't allways work and then its a long drive home and a wasted night so prefer local if we can

By *r_TrojanMan
over a year ago

In The North

just depends on the person... as long as it's not for a few hours. if you are travelling huge miles, best make it a weekend affair.

over a year ago

For weekend (and if we could be sure they would turn up) we would travel to London or Midlands from Scotland.

By *obsrocketMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

I have driven for over 2 hours to attend a social or party which I dont think is unreasonable. Especially as I am likely to see several of my friends from here. Once I get to know someone I am happier to travel as I know they are genuine and equally so they know I am too.

By *ucy and CarlCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

When we want to meet a guy we wouldn't be interested if they had to travel more then an hour. Hour and half at the most.

over a year ago

Usually I keep to 30-40 min drive, tho would go a bit further for the right meet

over a year ago

220 mile round trip tomorrow!

But I know it'll be worth it!

By *heScotandthegirlCouple
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

local (within 10m) is convenient but i love an excuse to get away and love a hotel too.

We both travel between Edinburgh (family commitments) and London (work commitments) so stop at a fair few stations on the way, lol

over a year ago

"either end of the country, not for a quick shag of course ffs!

but lets just say, from glasgow-london I can book a bus/train for a week/month ahead, and it could end up costing £20 there and back

long travel time, bus has wifi,grab a kip.. get the meet!

so yes..I will travel far, especially if its for a party "

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I went to Hove once

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

When I want I travel!

over a year ago

So far the farthest I have travelled is to the lakes, I'm planning a meet inPlymouth during the summer hols which is a 650 mile round trip.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/07/13 21:37:18]

over a year ago

I've done a 500 mile round trip

over a year ago

"Unless it's friends we know and have met before, we wouldn't normally consider anything over an hour away...we made the mistake once of allowing a guy to travel over 2 hours to us straight after work only to find that he was absolutely not what he had portrayed himself as in his profile or pictures but kind of felt obliged to play because he's come so far...never again so the hour rule is pretty much set in stone because we will not do that ever again and will feel less guilty about turning someone down if we need to...

Did you not try a webcam chat first? "

we probably should have but they always seem to be some knob trying to show me his knob-come to think of it, if he'd done that we could've ed him out that way...

By *roggMan
over a year ago

haverfordwest

I have been to Manchester and back within about 18 hours for a party invite on here and to the west midlands and north west from here in west wales

over a year ago

We wouldn't meet anyone that was over about 10 miles. Plenty of people within that distance anyway. We wouldn't like someone to travel more than that then decide that we didn't like them.

over a year ago

Living out in The Sticks, getting meets isn't easy. There are a few 'locals' I meet, but their time is restricted, so to speak. Would love to have someone stay over, have the luxury of a weekend, but distance seems to be a big obstacle. I can travel, but so far my offer to do so hasn't been taken up.

Nothing is crapper than talking for weeks about a possible meet and you see that meanwhile meets were enjoyed much closer to home. Of course I'm pleased for them, but....

over a year ago

I met a nice gent halfway (approx 90 miles round trip) and was surprised that he was surprised that I had turned up!

Living in the boonies..where everyone knows everyone, I always travel away!

over a year ago

That's a factor as well - no privacy/anonymity. People register everything, different car makes, license plates... You have to be so careful.

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Longest we did was to Oldham over the M62 in the snow. Actually out first meet on another site.

Although we did a trip to Sheffield where we only stayed 40 minutes or so

By *ubberdollieWoman
over a year ago

Stoke

I'm with some of the other ladies on this. If a bloke wants to meet me then he comes to me. Having said that I won't meet anyone who has more than 30 mins drive to reach me , as i'd feel bad if they had a wasted journey ( too many guys look nowt like their pics I am finding).

And there are so many singles on here, meeting guys within that distance isn't a problem.

over a year ago

I travel a lot with my job anyway, and I split my time between being at camp through the week which is down in South England to going home at the weekends to Wales. So throughout the week I can only really travel up to an hour or so, whereas at weekends I can pretty much go anywhere I want :D

By *ouple_SpondonCouple
over a year ago

Spondon

We can't travel due to kids though if we could we'd probably look at a 50 mile round trip.

One of our meets went all the way round the M25 to visit us... that was brave!

over a year ago

I travel to Liverpool and he comes to me, i don't think i would do it for one night though, if it was a one nighter then i would suggest that we meet in London !!

over a year ago

About 90 mins is the max i will travel, that gets me to london in the south and sheffield / Donny in the noth, Nottingham / Derby / leicester in the west and to the east coast, Norwich and Ipswich in the east

Peterborough is pretty central.

over a year ago

Same here

over a year ago

We found that the further away the more a meet will go wrong. Same as guys coming to us more then 30min's points to a no show

over a year ago

pretty much the same as most.

30-45 mins otherwise we would suspect people wouldnt bother with the trip.

however, we wont travel that far as V doesnt travel well, but have in the past.

over a year ago

for me the buzz of visiting a new place makes up for the distance/time travelled. Typically, I'd include sight-seeing in the plan, say, as plan B. I enjoy travel too much to let a lousy meet get to me. Hence weekend meets.

over a year ago

Up to an hour's drive from home nowadays.

I used to travel further afield, however, it is costly due to rise in petrol prices and the need to arrange pet care.

over a year ago

I'll do an hour/hour and a half across London on a train. Get myself comfy, book and a bag of chocolate peanuts and I'm nicely relaxed for when I arrive

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

they travel to me ... as for distance I suppose if a man wanted me enough he wouldn't mind but more than a 2 hour drive he would be too knackered to...... lol

over a year ago

I've driven 100 mile but that's if staying overnight, normally upto an hour drive is the best I do x

over a year ago

I find if its more than an hours drive it doesn't usually work out. Shame as there are some hotties up North

over a year ago

Same here, but more in the Sarf

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

I like a little distance with a fb its awkward if you fall out and they are too local

By *amie0151Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

"how far would you say was to far for some one to travel to yours,

i looking about anything from 0 to 100 miles which i dont think is very far at all,

so whats the normal distance that you would travel "

I don't mind travelling

I quite like driving.

It gives me chance to listen to my iPod.

I'll generally consider driving anywhere in the North West for a genuine female, couple or group.

It's all part of the adventure and fun

over a year ago

For me probably around 30 miles or so...

By *D40Couple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I have to say we had a couple ask us for a meet and they were Hereford. After thinking for a while i had to say to my partner (who was quite happy to drive there) that i wasn't committing to playing based on the look of a person and it was a good drive for a no play.

I'd consider 30 minutes each way enough, after all we have Chameleon's only 20 minutes from us

over a year ago

30 to 45 min each way is prob my max travel distance and same goes for people travelling to meet be too. If do bribe has travelled much further the tgat I feel obliged to play even if I'm not really into it

over a year ago

I wouldnt travel very far at all for a meet unless it was 18 yo etc who never drove etc x I do however live a lovely single life and visit a different place in the UK for a long weekend every month - and arrange meets around them xx LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !! Lol

over a year ago

That is a brilliant idea. Really appeals to me.

By *ungle-FeverCouple (FF)
over a year ago

Bristol/Gloucester

About 30 miles for us

over a year ago

"for me the buzz of visiting a new place makes up for the distance/time travelled. Typically, I'd include sight-seeing in the plan, say, as plan B. I enjoy travel too much to let a lousy meet get to me. Hence weekend meets.

"

Sensible.

As for me, I won't travel outside of my comfort zone until having met them. If the connection is very strong then I am more than happy to travel a couple of hours for a weekend's non-stop action .

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

We same as every one else .about an hour .as we have two clubs within distance plenty choice for fun .

over a year ago

I have travelled to new Zealand for a date, 3 days to get there, one day there and 3 days back.

I would now only travel up to 3 bus stops, there are enough men within 5 miles of me, to keep me going, and I could have a meet every day, if I wanted to.

The one lesson I have learnt, is the grass is never greener on the other side,

By *ouple_SpondonCouple
over a year ago

Spondon

"I'll do an hour/hour and a half across London on a train. Get myself comfy, book and a bag of chocolate peanuts and I'm nicely relaxed for when I arrive "

You had me at chocolate peanuts...

over a year ago

Yes one hour by car is my tops - gone are the days travelling the country

By *lanwoodMan
over a year ago

Alton

"I wouldnt travel very far at all for a meet unless it was 18 yo etc who never drove etc x I do however live a lovely single life and visit a different place in the UK for a long weekend every month - and arrange meets around them xx LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !! Lol "

Hampshire is nice at this time of the year!!!

over a year ago

If we have been in touch for a good while, and can talk not just about sex, and I will see the person for a decent amount of time, then I will have no problem driving for a few hours.

I enjoy driving anyway, and love seeing different countryside.

over a year ago

35 40 max x

over a year ago

I have done over 100 mile for meets a few times but would only do that for a overnight meet xx

over a year ago

Normally we will go about an hour. It is an hours drive to the nearest clubs to us anyway.

We did agree to go nearly 100 miles recently, but we had a pretty good idea it was going to work out and as it turned out if we had driven 200 miles it would have been worth every mile

By *an and wifeyCouple
over a year ago

n lincs

We will travel upto about an hours journey both way but have been know to travel more but would hate to turn up after a long journey and you don't get on but then again not a lot of people want to meet us so no chance of traveling any way lol

We plan weekends away like some one mentioned earlier get away from the kids nice sexy hotel meets but still need planning lol

over a year ago

"I have done over 100 mile for meets a few times but would only do that for a overnight meet xx"

Promise not to snore? xx

over a year ago

It really depends on who we are meeting we have friends up north who we play with but we have know each other years

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

ive met blokes who live a long way from me but come near for work etc so combine the two works out good

over a year ago

"I have done over 100 mile for meets a few times but would only do that for a overnight meet xx

Promise not to snore? xx"

Why . Was you planning on sleeping lol xxx

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"how far would you say was to far for some one to travel to yours,

so whats the normal distance that you would travel "

Hove, on occasion.

Post new Message to Thread