Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Single to Couple playing

Jump to newest

By *azzaahh OP   Woman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

any advice from going from playing as a single to playing as part of as a couple ?

apart frpom talking

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always discuss your wants and needs and sort any issues before hand. Speaking from experience...it's not an overnight process and honesty and respect for each other is paramount. Wish you much luck and many great experiences x

over a year ago

One thing we found is setting limits is not always appropriate, so now we have a rough plan and a safe word. So we can go with the flow but know the other is comfortable.

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

"One thing we found is setting limits is not always appropriate, so now we have a rough plan and a safe word. So we can go with the flow but know the other is comfortable. "

This is good advice - it's great to talk before hand but that "undiscussed" scenario inevitably crops up, so it's good to know what you/your partner will do/say if they want to slow things down.

Is it a current partner or a new one?

D

over a year ago

We entered the lifestyle as a couple, neither of us had any real experience before about 5 years ago when we went to our first club night. We were looking for something we had easy from vanilla clubs and pubs as singles, but was missing after we became a couple.

over a year ago

"any advice from going from playing as a single to playing as part of as a couple ?

apart frpom talking "

I would advise .... be ABSOLUTELY sure YOU want to do this, before you start. Decide what your own personal non-negotiable requirements are, and ensure your proposed partner accepts these. Make sure there is no "green-eyed monster" lurking within your proposed partner!

As a straight single female, I had as much fun as I wanted, with single males. Then, I lost a regular playmate after he persuaded me to be 'a couple', and he unilaterally banned me from playing with single males. In other words, his fun went up, my fun went down, we bickered after every club visit, and I decided to end our "couple-ship"/sever all ties after only a few months. Not a happy experience.

over a year ago

Yep, talk about everything. Make sure you only agree to do things you both want to do.... oh, and make a couples profile. Good luck x

By *easing_twoCouple
over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

Have a safe word that you can use during play if you feel uncomfortable that the person or people you're playing with won't notice

By *azzaahh OP   Woman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

"One thing we found is setting limits is not always appropriate, so now we have a rough plan and a safe word. So we can go with the flow but know the other is comfortable.

This is good advice - it's great to talk before hand but that "undiscussed" scenario inevitably crops up, so it's good to know what you/your partner will do/say if they want to slow things down.

Is it a current partner or a new one?

D"

both played sepetately and we still do but each other knows ..theres no secrets and evertything is in the open ..been together as a couple since end of January

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Don't become a single guy basher! We knew a single guy who was a decent bloke and always polite, had a decent profile etc, he then hooked up and had a couples profile and did nothing but have a go at single guys!!! 6 months later when she ditched him he was back on here pleading the not all single guys are the same thing!

Just be open and honest with each other and discuss what you both are looking for, what you both want today will defiantly be different in 12 months time so talk talk and talk more!!

over a year ago

"Don't become a single guy basher! We knew a single guy who was a decent bloke and always polite, had a decent profile etc, he then hooked up and had a couples profile and did nothing but have a go at single guys!!! 6 months later when she ditched him he was back on here pleading the not all single guys are the same thing! ....."

PMSL, this is exactly what I mean! My guy was a decent single bloke, then when we got together, he hated single blokes with a vengeance. I wasted 6 months of my life explaining that some single blokes are good blokes (like he was, before he snaffled me and entered his 'hands off MY woman' zone!)

So I ditched him.

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Good on you

over a year ago

"any advice from going from playing as a single to playing as part of as a couple ?

apart frpom talking "

Be honest with each other throughout...and don't 'take one for the team' as that isn't fair on anyone

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

We were both singles with a lot of meets as singles - I have to admit that it was hard to take off my singles head - my requests for meets stayed about the same but his reduced - we only meet as a couple now and if one of us isn't getting any then neither is the other - we do still have a 'to do list' of singles we never got chance to meet before we got together and if the opportunity arises then we can go ahead with full blessing from the other. It's our choice that we meet as a couple only - and if other couples are happy to meet alone then that is up to them and I'm not knocking it at all. Communication is of key importance in any couple relationship with boundaries discussed from the outset - if desires change, then talk about it!!!

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

apart frpom talking

Be honest with each other throughout...and don't 'take one for the team' as that isn't fair on anyone "

Post new Message to Thread