Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

female safety

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

please do.a.social.meet.in.public.places. and.make.sure someone.knows.where you are.I.have had.two.very.nasty.meet.with.In six month and put.me of meeting guys all.together just swing.saftly please scarlet x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thanx scarlett sorry to hear you have had two nasty meets.thanx for advice hope you okay.

over a year ago

Wow sorry to hear that no wonder so few single women swing

over a year ago

Even a social meet guarantees nothing make sure at least one person knows where you are going and with who and what time you should be back by

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Even a social meet guarantees nothing make sure at least one person knows where you are going and with who and what time you should be back by "

over a year ago

Sorry to hear you've had a couple of bad experiences. Hope you've reported them. Big hugs x

over a year ago

Thats why most of us single fems get a FB

over a year ago

Yeah that's what I'm looking for a fb

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Yeah that's what I'm looking for a fb"

Not just a fb, someone you can trust...that's almost as rare as a single bi-fem!

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

Scarlet, I am very sorry that you've had such bad times...take a break and come back. There are very decent and lovely guys/girls on here xx frog hugs to you!

By *eal_Dick_TurpinMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"please do.a.social.meet.in.public.places. and.make.sure someone.knows.where you are.I.have had.two.very.nasty.meet.with.In six month and put.me of meeting guys all.together just swing.saftly please scarlet x"

If you can't spot an asshole in text/sms/phone calls, chances are you won't be any better at spotting an asshole in a cafe.

Sounds to me like your selection criteria is the issue here, to pick two assholes in a few months, it's more than mere chance.

Oh, and it ain't only females that need to play safe, every fucker does, there are just as many crazy women out there as men, I'm just not likely to meet the men, and you're not likely to meet the women.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"If you can't spot an asshole in text/sms/phone calls, chances are you won't be any better at spotting an asshole in a cafe.

Sounds to me like your selection criteria is the issue here, to pick two assholes in a few months, it's more than mere chance.

Oh, and it ain't only females that need to play safe, every fucker does, there are just as many crazy women out there as men, I'm just not likely to meet the men, and you're not likely to meet the women."

Unfortunately, some people are very good actors. They can be the nicest people in chat/texts/phone calls and even social meets but it could all change once you're behind closed doors.

For those meeting alone I would ALWAYS recommend having a "safe" person. - Just someone you can text to say who you're meeting, where, and another text when you're home safe. x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"please do.a.social.meet.in.public.places. and.make.sure someone.knows.where you are.I.have had.two.very.nasty.meet.with.In six month and put.me of meeting guys all.together just swing.saftly please scarlet x

If you can't spot an asshole in text/sms/phone calls, chances are you won't be any better at spotting an asshole in a cafe.

Oh, and it ain't only females that need to play safe, every fucker does, there are just as many crazy women out there as men, I'm just not likely to meet the men, and you're not likely to meet the women."

Her selection criteria isn't the issue, the guys who treated her badly are

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To the OP there have been a few threads on safety on here some of the suggestions made a lot of sense unfortunately I can't remember any of them . Hopefully some of the people who made them will be along to answer this thread.

over a year ago

They spoil it for the rest of us, hope you reported then and they got what they deserve x

over a year ago

I'll pm ya honey x

chin up

over a year ago

This is why I mostly meet guys at clubs... After I've got to know them I sometimes meet them outside of it.

over a year ago

thank.u.everyone for.your coment the.one.guy.was.bad.from.a.club.and.the.other.left.fab straight.away.and.police.or.anyone.can't.do.anything.as.no.name.address.nothing.I'm not.stupid.very aware but.came.across.as normal.x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"please do.a.social.meet.in.public.places. and.make.sure someone.knows.where you are.I.have had.two.very.nasty.meet.with.In six month and put.me of meeting guys all.together just swing.saftly please scarlet x"

I'm not being funny, but I didn't need telling that. I take my time getting to know people, always meet socially and google them.

One, his name turned up on the BNP supporters list, the other had won a golfing tournament and was pictured with the wife he omitted to mention.

If adults need telling to be careful on a site like this, then well...!!!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"please do.a.social.meet.in.public.places. and.make.sure someone.knows.where you are.I.have had.two.very.nasty.meet.with.In six month and put.me of meeting guys all.together just swing.saftly please scarlet x

over a year ago

"If you can't spot an asshole in text/sms/phone calls, chances are you won't be any better at spotting an asshole in a cafe.

Oh, and it ain't only females that need to play safe, every fucker does, there are just as many crazy women out there as men, I'm just not likely to meet the men, and you're not likely to meet the women.

Unfortunately, some people are very good actors. They can be the nicest people in chat/texts/phone calls and even social meets but it could all change once you're behind closed doors.

For those meeting alone I would ALWAYS recommend having a "safe" person. - Just someone you can text to say who you're meeting, where, and another text when you're home safe. x"

I always do this x

over a year ago

Sorry to hear your news sweetie. My way of pre meeting someone isn't everyones cup of tea. But its my way or no way. We have to think of number 1 xxxxx

over a year ago

Someone always knows where I am, My phones gps is active the whole time and I have a number of other things in place.

It seems excessive but once the routine is established it's easy enough to do without it being a pain.

I do hope Barry and Marie did something though

By *eal_Dick_TurpinMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"

Her selection criteria isn't the issue, the guys who treated her badly are "

that's like saying my selection of the losing horses wasn't the issue, the horses were....

I backed a horse at twenty to one, it came in at half past two.

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

Why single ladies take the risk ?very sorry for what happened to u Hun xxx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

that's like saying my selection of the losing horses wasn't the issue, the horses were....

"

With respect it isn't quite the same, you have form to go on when selecting a horse based on placing in previous races, verifications if they exist aren't proven and as others have said lots of people can come across as credible, nice men and women for short periods of time. I do agree that you can sometimes spot warning signs and that safety measures should be in place for men and women but we'll have to agree to disagree about what the main issue is

over a year ago

"

"

That's crazy you can only find out so much chatting online that's whole reason you do a social meet in the first place.

Look at the amount of people on here that complain about time wasters/fakes everyone can get tricked online

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I send the mans profile name and mobile numbee to a friend. I text her through the eve to let her know all is ok.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences ...

Someone always knows where I am, and also i will ask someone to come with me and sit in in the place .. Not at table but somewhere in the vicinity .

I did have one play with a guy at club who turned nasty ... The fist time my ex was there and he was nice as pie .. Then we arranged to meet in club without ex, he was an utter prick

over a year ago

very good points . No one in my life knows that I'm on fab so I can't really tell anyone where I go...

I meet at a public place first but still, you never know!

over a year ago

Damn. Wish I hadnt clicked on this now. Am chatting to a guy with a view to meeting him later, in a public place obviously but am now a little scared. My text mate who I send info to is away on holiday abroad.

over a year ago

Of course its not just guys you meet on line that could be a problem, on a night out or via other means. You probably talk more to people you are thinking of meeting on line than you would some guy who you met in a bar. There's never any guarantee.

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

If I go out for a meet, I let my friend know the details, ie where I'm going, his mobile and if I can a make of car and registration. Although I wouldn't go in the car.

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

Ladies....if any of you need a 'safe text' buddy just let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

The real dicks in this world are worth keeping at arms length...

over a year ago

"very good points . No one in my life knows that I'm on fab so I can't really tell anyone where I go...

I meet at a public place first but still, you never know!"

This is true ... It is a random game we play ... I have made silly mistakes in the past but try and learn from them now

over a year ago

"Ladies....if any of you need a 'safe text' buddy just let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

The real dicks in this world are worth keeping at arms length..."

It's a shame though cos there are some real gents here ... But this is the real world and bound to meet some idiots

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I also generally play in clubs only too x

over a year ago

Her selection criteria isn't the issue, the guys who treated her badly are "

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

The real what???

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Ladies....if any of you need a 'safe text' buddy just let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

The real dicks in this world are worth keeping at arms length..."

This is a good idea.

Surely there are ladies, or cpls, in your area who you can get to know, so you can swap numbers with and use as a "safety net"?

Safety should always be your number one priority, get a phone number, car make and registration and maybe even a home address before you agree to meet, explain why and any decent guy would be happy to provide the info.

Sounds silly, but perhaps ask to take a pic on your phone of his driving licence, and send it to tour "text buddy", no guy will object if he's the real deal.

over a year ago

You know, I would love to see, and happily participate in, a buddy system for all us singles - so that on a meet (social or otherwise) someone (in the scene) knows where we are and who we are with.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Damn. Wish I hadnt clicked on this now. Am chatting to a guy with a view to meeting him later, in a public place obviously but am now a little scared. My text mate who I send info to is away on holiday abroad. "

No harm in meeting in a public place, just don't take it further until your friend is home.

over a year ago

"You know, I would love to see, and happily participate in, a buddy system for all us singles - so that on a meet (social or otherwise) someone (in the scene) knows where we are and who we are with.

"

+ 1

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

A shame you have been unlucky twice. I think you could do worse than picking guys who regularly post on the forums.

Yes, some will always say what they think women want to hear, but over time you can sus out the good ones.

Good luck.

over a year ago

Someone always knows where I am going and who I am with.. but I'm lucky that I have some very genuine single guys as friends.

I would recommend to everyone to always have someone know where they are.

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Someone always knows where I am going and who I am with.. but I'm lucky that I have some very genuine single guys as friends.

I would recommend to everyone to always have someone know where they are. "

You are a wise women Cali!

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We have some tips in the FAQ which are worth repeating here:

Do you have any tips for safe meeting?

Don't forget that the only person responsible for your safety is you, so don't put yourself in a situation where a stranger can let you down. These are some tips to help:

* Don't give strangers your home phone number, your usual mobile number or your address or let them know where you work. Buy a spare PAYG SIM for your mobile and use it for initial contacts.

* Don't rely on strangers for transport, so don't agree to go somewhere in a car with someone you don't know.

* Don't turn up to strange addresses without having met the people you're expecting, first, beforehand.

* Always meet first somewhere safe and public (a cafe) first.

* Always tell someone you trust who you're going to meet, and where.

* Don't arrange meets without having spoken to the people you're expecting to meet first on phone OR on seen on cam.

* Don't invite strangers into your home.

* Don't put yourself in a situation where if someone doesn't turn up, you'll be upset. So don't travel 100s of miles and book into a hotel in the expectation of meeting someone unless you've met them beforehand.

Attending an organised social or a swinging club meet is a good place to start.

Admin x

over a year ago

This is a good idea.

Surely there are ladies, or cpls, in your area who you can get to know, so you can swap numbers with and use as a "safety net"?

Safety should always be your number one priority, get a phone number, car make and registration and maybe even a home address before you agree to meet, explain why and any decent guy would be happy to provide the info.

Sounds silly, but perhaps ask to take a pic on your phone of his driving licence, and send it to tour "text buddy", no guy will object if he's the real deal.

"

Take a pic of driving license

I wouldn't allow anyone to do that!!!

I already had 'points from driving in London, when I've NEVER driven in London, and it took forever to sort out, someone had a copy of my license and the police took it off them on a routine stop after I spent months complaining to the DVLA. So never give anyone a copy of your dl, unless you are prepared to pay their points and fines

Scarlet met with these muppets in a club, so whilst there is a lot of great advice in this thread, it isn't always cut and dry

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I would never allow someone to photograph my driving licence either and lots of men wouldn't want to give their home address, can't blame them for that either. The problem is one of balance I think, it's always a risk going to a relative stranger's home or inviting them to yours whether you meet them in a pub, club or on the net. Keeping in regular (hourly, bi hourly) text contact with someone who knows where you are and can come knocking if you miss a text and make sure that the man or woman that you're with knows it could be one way of doing it.

over a year ago

I know ninja moves!!

In all honesty tho its rare i have a safety call as i pretty much judge people really well and would be in public to start.

If i did not feel safe or if i felt weirded out at all id be gone.

over a year ago

well.we.are.not.all.as.lucky.as.u and u.didn't.have.to.read my.post.I.am.simply.trying.to.help.in the club couldn't.have.done.that could.I.was.lock.in a.room.will.someone.who.seemed.charming and.changed.in.a.second.and.never been.so.scared in my.life. so.wish it.was as.easy.as u.say to.just.Google.scarlet.

over a year ago

"well.we.are.not.all.as.lucky.as.u and u.didn't.have.to.read my.post.I.am.simply.trying.to.help.in the club couldn't.have.done.that could.I.was.lock.in a.room.will.someone.who.seemed.charming and.changed.in.a.second.and.never been.so.scared in my.life. so.wish it.was as.easy.as u.say to.just.Google.scarlet."

over a year ago

thank.u for.replying.to.me.I'm.sorry.u went.threw.the same.sort.of.thing.to.me.can.u tell.me.what.club it.happen.in.a.roughly.the.age.of.the.guy.hunny xx

over a year ago

thank.u for.replying.to.me.I'm.sorry.u went.threw.the same.sort.of.thing.to.me.can.u tell.me.what.club it.happen.in.a.roughly.the.age.of.the.guy.hunny xx

By *uxtapositionMan
over a year ago

CARDIFF

"thank.u.everyone for.your coment the.one.guy.was.bad.from.a.club.and.the.other.left.fab straight.away.and.police.or.anyone.can't.do.anything.as.no.name.address.nothing.I'm not.stupid.very aware but.came.across.as normal.x "

Genuinely sorry to hear of your troubles

By *uxtapositionMan
over a year ago

CARDIFF

It's a shame though cos there are some real gents here ... But this is the real world and bound to meet some idiots "

Trouble is Aphrodite, it only takes one REAL idiot, to potentially ruin your whole life !

over a year ago

As a single woman I never meet without meeting socially first in a public place having already chatted for some time on here to get to know someone.

Whilst I am very aware of the risks and take the necessary precautions to do all I can to ensure my safety, on a positive note I would like to say that I have had several meets with some amazing single guys without any trouble.

If a guy is really genuine he is more likely to want to ensure your safety too and most I find are willing to provide details I ask for to pass on to a trusted friend. If they arent prepared to do so, I wouldnt meet - my safety and wellbeing are my responsibility and my priority!!!!

over a year ago

"You know, I would love to see, and happily participate in, a buddy system for all us singles - so that on a meet (social or otherwise) someone (in the scene) knows where we are and who we are with.

"

I would do this also recently when i was meeting away from home a lovely lady from here in the area was my safe call she gave me her number.

Its hard for me as none of my friends and family know...

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"As a single woman I never meet without meeting socially first in a public place having already chatted for some time on here to get to know someone.

Whilst I am very aware of the risks and take the necessary precautions to do all I can to ensure my safety, on a positive note I would like to say that I have had several meets with some amazing single guys without any trouble.

If a guy is really genuine he is more likely to want to ensure your safety too and most I find are willing to provide details I ask for to pass on to a trusted friend. If they arent prepared to do so, I wouldnt meet - my safety and wellbeing are my responsibility and my priority!!!!

"

You are so right!!

over a year ago

My best friend is a DC so gets a text of details before I meet anyone be it male, female or couple, I also don't allow locked doors, have been very lucky with my meets & whenever anything has gone awry I've been able to handle it myself, am so sorry this has happened to you x

over a year ago

"

What a great idea. None of my friends and family know I'm on here and I live in quite a remote area so a buddy system would be ideal

over a year ago

I'm quite lucky because my Housemate knows everything x

over a year ago

Well I've met plenty of guys, not all of them in public either and I have never had an experience that compamised my safety..

There have been plenty of guys I've chatted to and a red flag has arisen and I haven't met them..

Don't just dismiss that it isn't ur selection process

over a year ago

"

I had a similar system when I was playing as a single female. About 3 or 4 of us who were safety nets. Worked really well. I know it wouldn't have helped poor Scarlet with that dreadful situation in the club. Similar thing happened to a female friend of mine. These guys are very clever and will be Mr Charming and can turn nasty in the blink of an eye. Ms

over a year ago

Its awful for any woman to find herself in a situation that scares her, or a guy for that matter, but surely at a club there are protocols in place to deal with events such as that?

Dont play in clubs so dont know?

over a year ago

"Damn. Wish I hadnt clicked on this now. Am chatting to a guy with a view to meeting him later, in a public place obviously but am now a little scared. My text mate who I send info to is away on holiday abroad.

No harm in meeting in a public place, just don't take it further until your friend is home."

Thanks for advice but its ok, not meeting him, distance and timings didnt work out. Sorted out by text. so another evening blown out

over a year ago

"thank.u for.replying.to.me.I'm.sorry.u went.threw.the same.sort.of.thing.to.me.can.u tell.me.what.club it.happen.in.a.roughly.the.age.of.the.guy.hunny xx "

Sorry this as happened to you scarlet

Up to now I've been lucky but always tell someone where I'm going etc etc and always meet in a public place just in case

over a year ago

"

We can be each others buddies xxxx

over a year ago

It's a shame though cos there are some real gents here ... But this is the real world and bound to meet some idiots

Trouble is Aphrodite, it only takes one REAL idiot, to potentially ruin your whole life !"

Yes , you are right

over a year ago

Had a few close incidences which have had the potential to mess my whole life up ... That's why there is always someone who knows where I am , who I am with etc and sometimes join me " under cover " if they are nearby .

It's a very good idea to have a buddy system in place for both males and females here that play as singles

over a year ago

"Its awful for any woman to find herself in a situation that scares her, or a guy for that matter, but surely at a club there are protocols in place to deal with events such as that?

Dont play in clubs so dont know?"

I prefer the club i go to regularly where single guys have to meet the owners first at the social event ...

Saying that though did have some grief of a married guy who brought his " reluctant " wife who didnt want to be there and then he made beeline for single girls ... Hosts are told if anyone is disrespectful or agressive and are banned from club

over a year ago

"Well I've met plenty of guys, not all of them in public either and I have never had an experience that compamised my safety..

There have been plenty of guys I've chatted to and a red flag has arisen and I haven't met them..

Don't just dismiss that it isn't ur selection process"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/05/13 22:00:01]

over a year ago

"Damn. Wish I hadnt clicked on this now. Am chatting to a guy with a view to meeting him later, in a public place obviously but am now a little scared. My text mate who I send info to is away on holiday abroad.

No harm in meeting in a public place, just don't take it further until your friend is home.Thanks for advice but its ok, not meeting him, distance and timings didnt work out. Sorted out by text. so another evening blown out"

over a year ago

sounds Luke.something.good.is coming.out.of.this.if.anyone.need.me for.a cheek as I will.not.be.meeting.then I.am more than.will.to.do.that for.any of.u who have been.since.lovely.to me.on here thank u scarlet xxx

over a year ago

so sorry 2 read about this nasty inncedent ,,,,grt idea on the txt buddy ,big hugs 2 u hun n hope u aint 2 shook up by it ,,,take care ,,,n thank u 4 the warning ,,,

over a year ago

Its not bad advice as you are never sure who will turn up I am just glad we in the main meet together.

over a year ago

"Even a social meet guarantees nothing make sure at least one person knows where you are going and with who and what time you should be back by "

Second this one! A friend of mine tells me who she's seeing, what time they're meeting and then let's me know if more's happening so I can be sure she's safe... Well worth telling a trusted friend where you're off... Sad that you need to but true... Hope less people have the horrible experience Scarlett had to go through...

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

hugs it should be made clear that bad behaviour will be reported and the person responsible banned from the site and if necessary the law should be advised x

over a year ago

sorry to hear about your bad expriences

over a year ago

I'm curious as in what why the OPs safety was compramised?

Post new Message to Thread