Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Hey

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sorry to be another complainer on a site which is great overall, but can anyone tell me why I'm struggling to meet girls locally?

I've had a hard time since I joined this site as a single but I just don't get it.

Lily

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Single? You're on a couple's profile!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is a pisstake right?

over a year ago

"Single? You're on a couple's profile! "

Yes, joined as a single, and now have a couple's profile.

No this is not a pisstake.

over a year ago

I'm a tad confused too!

over a year ago

Your name isn't Roderney or rodders is it ?

over a year ago

I can imagine the girls local to you are just as confused as we are then!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Harsh crowd!

over a year ago

"Harsh crowd! "

Thanks. Not sure why they're confused, it's quite simple to me.

over a year ago

"Harsh crowd!

Thanks. Not sure why they're confused, it's quite simple to me. "

Ok.

You've posted a query using 'I' , rather than 'we'. Hence the questions about single vs couple status.

Your profile doesn't state that you're looking for meets alone - therefore is it any wonder anyone your contacting is confused and that anyone viewing your profile sees you (rightly) as one of the numerous couples looking for a single female.

Clarity is everything. If people can't establish what you're seeking and under what terms you're looking to play - and from this post I'd assume girl on girl is what you're wishing - then is it any wonder you're not having the success you desire?

Hope that clears up what I imagine the 'harsh crowd' were questioning!

over a year ago

"Harsh crowd!

Thanks. Not sure why they're confused, it's quite simple to me.

Ok.

You've posted a query using 'I' , rather than 'we'. Hence the questions about single vs couple status.

Your profile doesn't state that you're looking for meets alone - therefore is it any wonder anyone your contacting is confused and that anyone viewing your profile sees you (rightly) as one of the numerous couples looking for a single female.

Clarity is everything. If people can't establish what you're seeking and under what terms you're looking to play - and from this post I'd assume girl on girl is what you're wishing - then is it any wonder you're not having the success you desire?

Hope that clears up what I imagine the 'harsh crowd' were questioning!"

Eloquently put as usual obi

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"Sorry to be another complainer on a site which is great overall, but can anyone tell me why I'm struggling to meet girls locally?

I've had a hard time since I joined this site as a single but I just don't get it.

Lily "

It's simply a question of numbers Lily

Genuine single women are in a minority on this site as it is.

But girls who meet girls and girls who meet couples are vanishingly rare - at a guess I'd say that less than 1% of single women are up for that (although a lot more will SAY they are).

Some people end up waiting years for a meet like that.

over a year ago

This is jaz.

And I will say I as it is my own opinion not our opinion.

I say that I have been on this site as a single bi guy (spitfirejay) before me and my long term girlfriend (lily) decided that we are more likely going to get meets together.

In other terms yes there needs to be clarity BUT when there is no talking there is no getting to know the person and therefore no interest for us except a meet and we aren't looking for that - read our profile !

The ability to talk is a great means of getting to know people by not being. Clear you can get some interesting conversations and some great people who have the potential to be great friends and fun!

How does that sound?

over a year ago

"This is jaz.

I say that I have been on this site as a single bi guy (spitfirejay) before me and my long term girlfriend (lily) decided that we are more likely going to get meets together.

In other terms yes there needs to be clarity BUT when there is no talking there is no getting to know the person and therefore no interest for us except a meet and we aren't looking for that - read our profile !

The ability to talk is a great means of getting to know people by not being. Clear you can get some interesting conversations and some great people who have the potential to be great friends and fun!

How does that sound?"

Fine in an ideal world or pub/club environment - but in the 'two dimensional' world of Internet contact sites you have to avoid confusion and have a clear profile to enable others to make often instant decisions as to compatibility. People are often unwilling to interact with those where there 'may' be attraction/interest as opposed to those they can see and read are what they seek.

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression either face to face - or via a profile!!

And I've yet to resort to nicking Fabio's "shop window" or "pub" analogies - but a clear profile and pics are probably top of every site members wish lists.

Yes some can and do get by with brief and vague info - but these are rare.

over a year ago

"This is jaz.

How does that sound?

Fine in an ideal world or pub/club environment - but in the 'two dimensional' world of Internet contact sites you have to avoid confusion and have a clear profile to enable others to make often instant decisions as to compatibility. People are often unwilling to interact with those where there 'may' be attraction/interest as opposed to those they can see and read are what they seek.

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression either face to face - or via a profile!!

And I've yet to resort to nicking Fabio's "shop window" or "pub" analogies - but a clear profile and pics are probably top of every site members wish lists.

Yes some can and do get by with brief and vague info - but these are rare."

What he said

Post new Message to Thread