Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Not having any luck.

Jump to newest

By *oodle_doo OP   Man
4 days ago

london

Hey all, I’m a single straight man and since joining I’ve not had any luck getting message replies etc. just wondered if it’s a common thing for single guys or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers for any help.

D

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *allySlinkyWoman
4 days ago

Leeds

As you are getting no replies, have you considered changing your profile or pics ?

By *wendolineFoxWoman
3 days ago

Chester

Single guys have to really sell themselves with their profile text and images to stand out because of the numbers. People will check a profile before reading a message and if there’s next to nothing there any message is likely to be unread/deleted.

By *eterandJaneadventuresCouple
3 days ago

Sutton

Sadly your profile picture ( pillar box eyes ) is no way alluring , there is not even any hint of mystery) add a few full length pictures , don’t need to be nude , can be in a suit down to swim trunks . Add more in your bio , about what you offer , seek, enjoy give , you need to tempt others.

By *illan-KillashMan
3 days ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Hey all, I’m a single straight man and since joining I’ve not had any luck getting message replies etc. just wondered if it’s a common thing for single guys or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers for any help.

D"

Fab offers many opportunities to connect with others.

Your profile, (biog and photo gallery) by far the most important.

Messages.

1 2 1 socials.

Group socials.

The forums.

If you're only using 1 of the possibilities, and using it really poorly, you're not making the most of your opportunities.

By *iker JackMan
3 days ago

Wolverhampton

Without knowing what you message or how you construct a message no one can say or give advice

Based on your profile if you think a strip of your eyes works and a 2 line bland bio then I politely suggest you’ll need a killer first message

By *oodle_doo OP   Man
3 days ago

london

Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I need to improve my profile and get some new photos. Fingers crossed I’ll do a better job this time 👍🏻

By *illan-KillashMan
3 days ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I need to improve my profile and get some new photos. Fingers crossed I’ll do a better job this time 👍🏻"

Right now, you don't have a profile.

Pick any forum thread and view any male profile.

See how yours compares.

But........ if you're only going to rely on your profile and messaging, you're limiting your chances of success.

By *tew008Man
3 days ago

edinburgh

"Hey all, I’m a single straight man and since joining I’ve not had any luck getting message replies etc. just wondered if it’s a common thing for single guys or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers for any help.

D"

Nope just fade into obscurity

By *iss DevilWoman
3 days ago

Bedford

OP, you're just 1 man in an ocean of men. You need to convince others why they should give you, and not 999,999 others, a chance, and the main way to do it is via your profile. You can also get yourself to a club or an organised social where your profile is not going to matter, but your personality would.

By *rsKOTCTWoman
3 days ago

Leeds

When someone messages I go straight to their profile to see if we match in what we are looking for & if there's an initial attraction to their pics.

Op you have 1 photo of your glasses, absolutely no way to gauge any attraction.

Your bio says nothing, nothing about what your looking for, nothing about what your into, what your like as a person and most of all nothing to say pick me out of the other 173930 single blokes profiles.

You expect sex without any effort at all & it's not going to happen.

Take a look at other blokes profiles that do meet & do well.

By *issmorganWoman
3 days ago

Calderdale innit

Your profile doesn't give anyone much to go on op.

Most of us look at a profile first and delete a message if it's not appealing.

More pics would be good, to give people an idea of you, plus some info on what you're offering, into and looking for.

By *ivelifeexplore_007Man
3 days ago

dagenham

Hi All, I have joined 2 weeks ago. Sent messages to the matched users. But no luck. No idea what to do to get on to the ladder.

Really appreciate every little helps

By *ym fit 84Man
3 days ago

Norwich

"As you are getting no replies, have you considered changing your profile or pics ?"

Jesus look at you

By *he James gangCouple
3 days ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

I'm not surprised with a bio like that and pics (lack of). No effort put in means zero success taken out. Have a butchers at other guys profile and your lack of meets should become patently obvious.

By *end1Man
3 days ago

southend on sea

Please no more single guys moaning about no meets or messages. We outnumber the couples and single females by 3 to 1 if not more!

By *issfrogstompWoman
3 days ago

Oxford

"Hi All, I have joined 2 weeks ago. Sent messages to the matched users. But no luck. No idea what to do to get on to the ladder.

Really appreciate every little helps "

Firstly, make your own thread - it's considered rude to jump in on someone else's...

By *oodle_doo OP   Man
3 days ago

london

[Removed by poster at 02/10/24 20:42:35]

By *anonfire96Man
3 days ago

Rainworth

Unfortunately it's a common question. But yes it's extremely hard to get replies or meets due to the vast numbers of men on here. As others have said, you have to stand out in your pics and profile. That being said, it's difficult to know what to put because what may be ok with some people may offend others, little tip! Read other profiles, especially those with lots of veries from meets , this can give you some idea of what you need. But don't bullshit, be honest.

By *tevieboyyyMan
1 day ago

Waterlooville

Real life has been much better.

Tinder also delivered.

Here, not anything so far, I have an open mind.

By *old Standard 1000Man
1 day ago

portsmouth

I have quite a few in two weeks. Be interesting and show your sense of humour. Get to know someone first, chat and find common ground. It works mate. It’s the art of conversation. Unfortunately it’s a dying skill.

Post new Message to Thread