Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Costs

Jump to newest

By *C couple OP   Couple
5 weeks ago

Jordanstown

Can we just ask a question in general to admin or moderators.

Friends had a profile who asked for costs of appartment, drinks, electric, gas, monthly running of an appartment.. Purely to make the cost of hosting parties viable, and worthwhile for everyone involved..

The account got suspended, and that's ok.

So, the question is.. How can other profiles be allowed to openly ask for payments towards social events, and still be allowed to be members on this site? They're clearly openly asking for people to contact for payment to events...

Not going list profile names or anything, but, if major profit is being made by these profiles, then how can it be justified that local events are banned by the site owners, yet, the open promotion of the "bigger" social, events get a blind eye from fab swingers admin?

Just interests in thoughts on this...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iker JackMan
5 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Reading what you’ve written there’s a total difference

They want people to donate money for the cost of running an apartment including all bills.

Let’s work this out. Let’s say it’s £1500/month all in. I’d say it’s probably more. How many meets will they have. 1 a month. 30 a month.

How many people? Will the landlord or landlady be happy with their rented property being used in this way, what will the neighbours say?

Also then actually I imagine it’s sub letting as they are not paying the bills themselves, in most cases that’s illegal, what happens if those contributing no longer want to? Can they afford it on their own or will they just stop paying?

So people are paying for them with all bills to live somewhere for 1 night a month of fun.

Doesn’t seem right does it

By *iker JackMan
5 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

An event is a one off, this sounds like from what you’ve written they want people to rent somewhere to live for them and pay all the bills in return for sex or the possibility of it.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
5 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

The two things are totally different, with one being party expenses and the other sounding like living costs.

By *arla SwingerWoman
5 weeks ago

Somewhere

I'd pay to go and see a band I like at a club, or a festival. I'd not pay someone else's rent and electric bill so I can go around their house once or twice to listen to music...

By *ipstick KissesWoman
5 weeks ago

South Down

"Can we just ask a question in general to admin or moderators.

Friends had a profile who asked for costs of appartment, drinks, electric, gas, monthly running of an appartment.. Purely to make the cost of hosting parties viable, and worthwhile for everyone involved..

The account got suspended, and that's ok.

So, the question is.. How can other profiles be allowed to openly ask for payments towards social events, and still be allowed to be members on this site? They're clearly openly asking for people to contact for payment to events...

Not going list profile names or anything, but, if major profit is being made by these profiles, then how can it be justified that local events are banned by the site owners, yet, the open promotion of the "bigger" social, events get a blind eye from fab swingers admin?

Just interests in thoughts on this... "

Social events...and I'll speak of my knowledge of ones local to both you and me OP, and specifically the organisers I think you're alluding to ... include:

Hiring of venue (usually for private use) in some of the best nightspots in the city

Hiring of entertainment - this can range from DJ right through to things like professional burlesque performances, drag acts, etc

Food

Associated administrative costs of running an event that can cater for up to 100 people

This is not the same as asking someone to contribute towards your bills so you can throw a party now and again.

Have you been to their big events?

How do you know they are making major profit?

Perhaps you could ask them directly?

By (user no longer on site)
5 weeks ago

Legally its a bit of a mess and there's all sorts of regulations you'd need to meet to cover your arse if anything went wrong. Essentially you'd need to look into setting up what is in effect a small swinging club.

Paying money to someone like this would be a form of income. Yes it's for rent of a place and heating but the taxman won't see it like that. Plus whoever's bank is used for folk to put money into would get flagged up at some point.

To do it properly you need to look into either setting up a company. Then any money can be accounted, tax written off as the money would only ever be for costs with no profit. Then its finding a place you can rent for these sort of events.

Until you look into that its a bit ham-fisted to ask people to donate money on what is essentially an internet forum, especially with all the online scams about these days.

By *assy LassieWoman
5 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Most folks who run socials don't do it to make money. It's a deposit to assure attendance. The attendees generally (with ours) Get most of the money back on the night with drinks tokens to cover the bar spend asked for by the venue.

The money we take covers deposits for venues and djs etc.

If no outlays then attendees get all their money back on arrival.

It's a way to avoid a large number of last minute cancellations

By *oxy jWoman
5 weeks ago

somerset

nobody should be selling or making money via fab its in the rules plain and simple that should include all not one rule for some and one rule for others ... there are people who make money from socials just as there are some who make money from parties or hotel meets there are those that sell sex on here too its either one rule for all or no rule

#justmyopinion

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Central

Only swinging clubs and site sponsors, can make money indirectly from Fab use. Others could cover their costs, for one event, such as a social or party but there's a distinction between a cost covering solitary event and an ongoing lifestyle experience, that may result in net gains for some person or entity.

By *ellinever70Woman
4 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Your friends sound like cheeky chancers

Post new Message to Thread